#1 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Emerald's Equipment Sets

Behold, my Emerald Blade, Emerald Mail, Emerald whatever!

Current Version: 2.1e

Introduction
Just as the name implies, this script enables you to create Equipment Sets. You can make an unlimited amount, with an unlimited amount of pieces and bonuses based on how many pieces of a set you're wearing! By the way, sorry for my big ego in the title and subtitle.

Features

• Unlimited amount of equipment belonging (is that a word?) to a set
  • Possibility to skip some amounts (you get a bonus for wearing 1 piece and for wearing 3 pieces)
  • Individual bonuses for every amount of pieces wearing
  • If you count the Equipment Sets scripts for RMVX, one of the few, if not only, scripts of these kind which avoids issues with custom item slots! (Except when change_equip has been rewritten)
  • Bonuses to the Extra Parameters! (Critical Rate, Hit Rate, Evasion etc.)
  • Bonuses to the Special Parameters! (Target Rate, Recovery Rate, Experience Rate etc.)
  • Skills to be learned as bonuses!
  • Elemental Resistance bonuses
  • Debuff Rate bonuses
  • And practically all other traits for actors!

If you have any ideas for further features, just post them!

Script

Download

COMPATIBILITY GUIDELINES
This script contains a built-in compatibility patch for Fomar's Dual Wield -> Free Hands script. HOWEVER, this script needs to be BELOW his for it to work!

Instructions

Spoiler

ADD-ONS
Basic EES Information Window:
Spoiler

Prefixes and Suffixes:
Spoiler

Feel free to post your own add-ons if you've made one and want to share it!

Credits
Lettuce for his RMVX Equipment Sets script. Thanks to his script, I learned how Arrays and Hashes work. My very first try on this script was also just a ported version of his, but due to many, MANY errors, I only kept it as an idea how the script should work.

Edited by Emerald, 23 February 2013 - 05:04 AM.

Do not try to contact me via the threads I made, instead PM me if you want to ask me something or just talk to me or anything!! I will get an e-mail notification and check out your message ;)

#2 Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox

Advanced Member

• + Sponsor
  • 202 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

Got a question about this script. I have not fully tested it out, as I don't have enough pieces of equipment just yet, and don't want to make anymore just yet as it will mess up the settings in my project.
I have in my project a dual weild gen that allows whoever equips the gem to be able to dual wield.
My question is if I have a Osmium set cosisting of 2 daggers. 1 shield, 1 helmet and 1 heavy armor, 1 pair of boots and 1 pair of gauntlets and 2 characters are wearing both but one is equipped with the dual weapon gem, would both characters be able to get the same bonuses? Or similar bonuses (More defence with the shield and more attack with the weapon)
For the bonuses to apply each major equipment slot (Weapon, Weapon/Shield, Armor, Helmet, Boots and Gauntlets) will have to be equipped with the same set.
I am also using the Custom Equipment Slots Script by Fomar0153

#3 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

EDIT

I'm sorry, I made a big mistake!! I didn't realize that while dual wielding, you can't wear the shield, stupid me =_=

The good answer to your question: if they are wearing everything, they should have 6 pieces of the set each. That means, they will receive the same bonus. As I already stated in the OP this script only checks if the piece of equipment you're equipping is either a Weapon or Armor. And even so, it only does this check when changing equipment so that $item_sets[set_id] has the right value.

Update to Version 1.1b
With this update:
  • New Sort: 1 / Standard Parameters (Percentage). These have the same parameters as Standard Parameters.
Sort 1 bonuses are calculated this way:
if [sort, parameter, bonus] = [1, 0 (HP), 50]
50 * (Basic actor HP + Equipment Bonus HP) / 100

And this is added to the stats. So bonus = 10 means 10% extra HP and bonus = - 10 means 10% less HP.
Note that Set Bonuses are NOT included in calculating percentage bonuses.

By the way, no worries, no more updates today.

Edited by Emerald, 27 January 2012 - 11:58 AM.

Do not try to contact me via the threads I made, instead PM me if you want to ask me something or just talk to me or anything!! I will get an e-mail notification and check out your message ;)

#4 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thanks heaps for this! It's a lot easier to use than it looks like at first too ^^ I have one suggestion, not sure how hard it would be, but how about allowing skills to be unlocked with enough of a set? So 3 pieces gives you a skill that casts berserk on yourself and the full set lets you cast an attack pump for example.
Project: Gilt Funk

Just to be clear: All my requests are for commercial projects and compatibility with Yanfly's engines is required. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped so far :)

#5 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:32 AM

I already am working on that ;) I figured out how to do it while I was under the shower (showering really gives you ideas lol) but first I'll try to create Sort 3, Special Parameters. So expect to have all parameters and skill bonuses in the next update!

#6 Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox

Advanced Member

• + Sponsor
  • 202 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

This script will be perfect for my project. I will have to keep on checking this page to see when you've updated, as I will not get the script just yet. Mainly because I just don't have enough equipment pieces to make up a complete set, and I want to do that before I do anything else.
I am also not sure exactly how many pieces of equipment there will be. I know there will be a LOT. especially as each piece of armor can be upgraded and enhanced at least once.

Edited by ShadowFox, 26 January 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#7 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

I already am working on that ;) I figured out how to do it while I was under the shower (showering really gives you ideas lol) but first I'll try to create Sort 3, Special Parameters. So expect to have all parameters and skill bonuses in the next update!

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see it :)

Just to be clear: All my requests are for commercial projects and compatibility with Yanfly's engines is required. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped so far :)

#8 DJPrichard

DJPrichard

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 36 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:06 AM

Suggestions:

I remember from big RPG’s wearing equip sets (all items of set) made character glow with specific color. That could be nice btw.

Also, idk if it need to be here or not (maybe I need to work with switches and conditional branches), but would be nice to have some specific abilities (skills) wearing all items from equip set. (For example – Regen, Poison per second to everyone, Berserk etc.)

Also, equip sets could add specific prefix/suffix to character name or class – for example: Great Player the Mage of Seven Seas or smth like that.

+ There could come in handy different colors for different equipment sets – rare, epic, legendary, ordinary etc.

Many more ideas might follow.

#9 DJPrichard

DJPrichard

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 36 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:24 AM

Maybe even wearing all items from equipment set opens secret class for character. (But as I said in new to this all so just suggesting, please say if I’m wrong and it can be done different way)

#10 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

@Tobyej:

Well, you don't have to wait anymore! Check the OP ;) (and the top of the post)
Do check SPECIAL VALUES though, skills use a slightly different syntax than the parameter bonuses.

@DJPrichard:
First, be careful with double posting. Use the Edit button. Else, there's a slight chance that you get into problems.
Second, you mean like in WoW? I can maybe check to add that later, but for now mimicking most Traits has a bigger priority. The skills are added with the new update, check the OP and SPECIAL VALUES within the script instructions.

The prefixes and suffixes will NOT be added to the script. However, this is not due to me not wanting to do that. This is because I plan to add add-ons which handle the information. You could call this script the to-be Core Script. I am hoping that this way people can easily create their own/choose out of some different add-on scripts to avoid compatibility issues with scripts than change the looks of e.g. the Item Menu, or the Equip Menu.

The colors for names of the sets can be easily be reproduced with *EDIT* this script made by Zetu (@Zetu sorry didn't know you made one ^^' )
Spoiler

Finally, that last suggestion is a serious no-go for now. If I do that (the same goes for Dual Wield Bonus/ extra Equipment Types to wear) than you'll get problems with the follow scenario:

The player finds Heavy Armour which belongs to a set. He equips it and has enough pieces equipped to be able to wear a new Equipment Type. He equips a Leather (which he can't normally wear) Helmet. He unequips the Heavy Armour, so he can't wear Leather anymore. HOWEVER, he is still equipped with the Leather Helmet!

As soon as I have written a workaround for that, I can add those bonuses. However, as of now I have seriously no idea how that part works. So I'll keep my priority at the other Traits.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions! I'll create a new part in the OP to add all suggestions there.

@ Everyone:
UPDATE to Version 1.2~~
In this update:
  • Special Parameters (Sort 3) Bonuses (finally), like Target Rate, MP Cost Rate, Experience Rate etc. As usual, check SPECIAL VALUES within the instructions for a full list of Parameters.
  • SKILL BONUSES (Sort 4)!! (yaaaay) These work different than the other bonuses, so be sure to check SPECIAL VALUES or to continue reading.
  • Bug Found. See the black lines above.
Since Skill Bonuses were added, it's time for me to explain them. Skills work differently than other bonuses. With other bonuses, this script first checks their Sort, than their parameter than what the amount of the bonus is. However, scripts work like this: First the script checks their Sort (which is 4), than the script checks the id of the skill to be added. If the skill is added, it will change the leftover element in the array to 1. This means the skill is learned. Upon unequipping Set Items, if you unequip enough for the skill to be forgotten, this script checks if the leftover element is indeed 1. If it is, the skill will be forgotten and the element will be changed to 0.
Due to this, the syntax for skill bonuses is:
[sort (which should be 4), learned (0 for no, 1 for yes), skill id]
Easy as that.

#11 Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox

Advanced Member

• + Sponsor
  • 202 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:39 AM

Your script will still work with my dual wielding gem in my project right?

#12 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Yes, I just used it in a project with a claw which allows Dual Wielding ;)

#13 Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox

Advanced Member

• + Sponsor
  • 202 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:51 AM

Awesome. I'll still use your script when I have more weapons and more armor.... but that won't be for a little while as I am trying to work out some other stuff first. (Dealing with the weapons and items and even how to earn cash in the game.
But to confirm, I will have to add some stuff in the Class Game_Actor script and other base (main) scipts right, when I eventually plan on getting your script, or will that be eventually unnecessary?

Edited by ShadowFox, 27 January 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#14 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

Well, it seems there are some problems. The bonuses aren't individual as of now. I'm working on that, but after I've fixed that, the part in Datamanager isn't necessary anymore.

#15 Shadow Fox

Shadow Fox

Advanced Member

• + Sponsor
  • 202 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

That's a relief. As I was not sure if I'd have to do the datamanager stuff.... but I'd do it if needed though, if it is clear as crystal. (Like it is)

#16 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

UPDATE to v1.3a!!!
This update covers:
  • Major changes to various variables to remove a bug where all actor would get Set Bonuses, even though only one actor had a Set equipped.
  • Major changes to various parameter bonuses to clean up the code a bit (only the same Sorts were already about 350 lines less o_o) and to avoid any possible reappearances of the above bug.
  • Added Module Emerald (EME) and moved Sets and Set_Bonuses to the module.
  • Added MAX_ELEMENTS to Module EME
  • New Sort: Element Efficiency (Sort 5), you can now add extra resistance or make an actor weaker to an element!
  • New Sort: Debuff Rate (Sort 6), you can now add extra resistance or make an actor weaker to debuffs involving the 8 primary stats (see Standard Parameters)
  • New Sort: State Rate (Sort 7), you can now add extra resistance or make an actor weaker to all states
  • New Sort: State Resist (Sort 8), you can now make an actor fully resistant or remove an actor's resistance to all states
  • New Sort: Attack Elements (Sort 9), you can now give an actor extra elements on attacking/remove his/her attack elements
Note that you should change MAX_ELEMENTS in Module EME (above Sets) to the amount of elements in your game. Else, the script won't recognize any elements with an higher id than the value of MAX_ELEMENTS.
The instructions on how Sorts 5 to 9 work can be found in SPECIAL VALUES in the instructions within the script. (just as usual)

Edited by Emerald, 27 January 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#17 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

BUG FIXES AND UPDATE to v1.3b!!
  • Errors on unequipping Set Items solved
  • Minor errors on equipping Set Items solved
  • Problems with Sort 2 & 3 solved
  • Problems with Sort 5, 6 & 7 solved
  • Typo's removed
  • Some unnecessary values removed
Be sure to update if you use this script, as this update removes many bugs!!
By the way, I forgot to mention that you can undo the changes to DataManager (just remove everything including the word sets) and Game_Actor (method is overwritten, so you only have to change it back when you stop using this script)

Edited by Emerald, 28 January 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#18 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Woo! This is one heck of a rocking script ^^ Thanks for all your hard work!

#19 DJPrichard

DJPrichard

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 36 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

@Emerald, sorry for double posting, didn’t saw edit button. As I recall I red somewhere that you need to visit homepage about 50 times, to know it well.

First of all, your script is great although I'm not going to use it at my current project; this script makes me feel more like creating big RPG instead of small one I'm creating right now.

Second, no, I didn’t meant this Character Glowing like in WOW, actually I don’t know if there is such an effect cause I never played WOW and not willing to play it – its too commercialized game, well that’s my opinion.
But I meant it like in Dungeon Siege 2 and other projects, but it’s been years since I played them so I can’t remember all titles.

Third, I would love to see Suffixes and Prefixes in future, and I like your idea about core script. That’s really helping out because even now I can’t add to my project everything I want, just because sometimes there’s compatibility issues between scripts. If you will come up with add-ons to this script it will make life much easier for many peeps.

About last one: This reminds me about Beyond Divinity, when player used sharpen weapon skill on equipped sword it become unlivable for his stats but he still had it equipped.

The player finds Heavy Armour which belongs to a set. He equips it and has enough pieces equipped to be able to wear a new Equipment Type. He equips a Leather (which he can't normally wear) Helmet. He unequips the Heavy Armour, so he can't wear Leather anymore. HOWEVER, he is still equipped with the Leather Helmet!

If I understood you right, then it’s each RPG’s developer responsibility not yours, cause they need to predict if there can/can’t be such case. Way around – if character is wearing such equipment set that opens new character class then this new class need to have only this equipment set in traits, nothing more and nothing less, for example:

Rouge wears all equipment set of Assassin. He becomes Assassin and gains access to new skills (old skills stays) and what ever, but not equipment. He can’t equip anything else except this set armor. (Maybe script can prohibit access to other equipment when specific class is achieved?) Unequipping even 1 item of set makes he looses this class and can again wear what ever these previous class were able to wear.

Advantages and disadvantages of this:
All I came up for now, idk how much connected with script it is, maybe not at all, but I'm just making little brain storm.

+ This makes process of game more interesting because you can find all sets to open new classes which got more powerful skills.
+ This can allow your Mage easy become Warrior for some time. Imagine Warrior with destructive power of Mage?

- This means you can’t make set equipment to drop with random chance, cause if you main quest is connected with achieving special class – which is connected with set there is slightly great chance someone with bad luck cant get all pieces.
- This means that new character class is “timed”; there will be point when being Assassin will become useless just because monsters will be able to kill you, because you will not be able to equip better armor.

Both minuses are more likely to be responsibility of RPG maker individually. When you write script you give us power to play, so we need to predict problems by our selves.

#20 Emerald

Emerald

MIA

• Ace Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

@ Tobyej: thanks and np ^^

@ DJPrichard: glad you think that way =)

WoW is 'bout the only game I've seen with that sort of effects. Could you please show a picture or something like that to clear some things up for me?
Also, good that you like my idea. However, unless someone else makes one it will take some time though. I'm busy with a few other small scripts and one big one, and still want to add about all traits first (5 or something like that left.)

Third, no. This is not the maker's responsibility. If the maker tries to avoid that, the function is practically useless. Unless you use something like a cursed item function as in Yanfly's RMVX extra equipment options (not sure if he's made that for VXA). So to make this function more useful, I'll have to make a bypass. If the original check for this contains the features definition/ arrays, I'll make it with ease since I've been studying those things for a while now. Else, I've probably got to learn how it works first.

On the last part of your post, you can easily do this by adding skills. All extra things you would need for this is such a prefix/suffix add-on which can also change the main name itself. With other words, you'll probably just have to wait for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emerald scripts, equipment sets, equipment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users