Victor Sant

victor engine
VE - Animated Battle

258 posts in this topic

Victor Engine - Animated Battle

Animated%20Battle.PNG

with YEA Patch

Animated%20Battle%20YEA.PNG

This is the Victor Engine – Animated Battle script. This script was done to provide a very customizable visual battle system, where the user have a very high control on the animations.

With this script you can use a wide variety of sprite templates for the battlers and even use charsets.

Download:

Victor Engine - Animated Battle

User Manual (Please read it before asking anything)

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Additional Credits

Yanfly: for the YEA Battle Engine, wich was used on the beta demo and images

Holder: for the battlers used on the beta demo and images

Terms of Use

Edited by Victor Sant
Shim, Kite, sanggameboy and 2 others like this

Actually I got the same error as Soul Keeper... I happens when you push "right button" before selecting "Attack" / "Special" / etc., in order to change the attacking character.

Really good job by the way. ;)

Really impressive! :D Grats! I'm gonna use it for sure! Haven't found any bugs,the only problem is that the skills seem kinda hard to edit :( ,but nothing that a good observation can't solve!

Edited by Kite

@Soul Keeper and wilderness

When testing compatibility, place the scripts bellow the Victor Engine scripts, and provide detailed info about the issues, so i can fix that issues or make patches.

I happens when you push "right button" before selecting "Attack" / "Special" / etc., in order to change the attacking character.
when selecting the target? Edited by Victor Sant

Very nice ABS you got there *derpface*

nosarcasm: i really like what you did here. it's amazing! i'm waiting till full release *ohyeah*

@Soul Keeper and wilderness

Someone pointed that the issue was with the YEA patch and it's already solved. Please, if you found any othe issue, let me know wich scripts were being used at the time, i don't know full of YEA functions if using it or any other third party script, provide the more detailed info possible.

Edited by Victor Sant

This look really good!!!

I have to say it is incompatible with YSA ATB add-on, that would be good.

Im waiting the full version in order to experiment thanks again

@Azakel

When testing compatibility, place the scripts bellow the Victor Engine scripts

Provide detailed info about the issues, so i can fix that issues or make patches.

I can't test every single script that is incompatible with it (only YF have more than 100 scripts!) so if you really want to help to solve incompatibility issues, give deailed info:

- What scripts was being used

- What error messages do you get? (if any).

- What do not behave as it was supposed to?

the more info you give, the more likely i will try to fix it.

Edited by Victor Sant

Hey Victor, just gave a test to your animated battler script via YEA Battle Engine, and looks great thus far. However, I have come across a bug which a couple of people have pointed out, I would press the right button to change actors but it shows the error, "undefined method 'magical?' for nil:NilClass" on line 823.

This looks fantastic and I tested the demos earlier and I loved seeing my battlers in action. Thanks for including them :D

I'm not sure if you worked upon request about YEA but it cool because I was speaking to someone about using my battlers with a script which was compatible with that.

I was great seeing what you did to the poses aswel, I've only been used to XP Minkoff and didn't expect to see combinations like you've done in that.

Just a question for future reference, is -[speed *] movement speed- for fast the sprite moves to and from the target? If it is I can't wait to get my little Tonberry battler started :D

@Meteor Mystique

this error was alread reported by Soul Keeper and wilderness reported this one.

I've made this YEA patch because YEA is surely the most popular script base arround and most people already using it, so a reasonable compatibility with YF scripts is a must IMO ;D

Just a question for future reference, is -[speed *] movement speed- for fast the sprite moves to and from the target? If it is I can't wait to get my little Tonberry battler started
Exactly that, also i'm working on a commad to change the battler "base" position. so he would simply walk to the point and make it his "base" spot.

Ok thank for answering.

The problem with thi script (YSA ATB add-on) is that when you start the battle, after the first atack the ATB bar stops charging. I have to say that this is an add-on to the YEA. I paste the ATB script below yours.Thanks a lot again.

I was testing YSA ATB and CTB yesterday and i've already made patches for both.

Ops... accidental double post

Edited by Victor Sant

An small video to show the progress of the script

Using sprites, charsets and kaduki sprites. Also ond of the battlers is with visual equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9X602VhC8g

One of the features i most liked was the fact that the damage of dual wielding attacks is calculed individually, so each weapon deal it onw damage.

The mechanic itself is working fine, so now i will start to add the note tags for some settings and the system will be done.

Edited by Victor Sant
Kite and Holder like this

Is there a way to keep the default battle system, but use the face showing, battle status like in this picture?

Use YEA - Battle Engine Ace with Victor Engine - Animated Battle.

Is there a way to keep the default battle system, but use the face showing, battle status like in this picture?

Use YEA - Battle Engine Ace with Victor Engine - Animated Battle.

But i dont want the animated battle. T_T I just want the face status at the bottom.