• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Tsukihime

Replace Attack Command

11 posts in this topic

Replace Attack Command

-Tsukihime

This script allows you to replace your actors' attack commands.

Each actor is given a list of possible attack commands, sorted by priority. When you are able to use one of the custom attack skills, your attack command will automatically change to that skill.

Download

Script: http://db.tt/2FQnysfE

Usage

Note-tag actors with a list of skill ID's.

<attack_command: ID1 ID2 ID3 ... >

This is priority-based, so the skill that appears first in the list will

be used as the attack command.

This script doesn't add additional attack commands: it takes advantage of the "add skill" feature.

For example, you have a state called "Ice Sword" that adds an "ice blade" skill that will change your attack to an ice-elemental attack, while a state called "Fire Sword" that adds a "fire blade" skill will change your attack to this fire-elemental attack.

Edited by Tsukihime

Very nice script, just what I was looking for!

I have a problem though: only the first skill in the list is appearing in battle. If it's not usable, it still appears there, and cannot be used. I have tested this in a clean project too...

I put it like this in the actor:

<attack_command: 40 41>

40 is the skill ID for Bow Attack, only usable with a bow

41 is the standard melee, usable with any weapon.

The actor has learned both skills, and still, only the first one appears.

What am I doing wrong?

This doesn't add additional attack commands this only replaces it.

The purpose of specifying multiple attack skills is in case you want to have different attacks under different circumstances.

For example, when a fire state is applied, you would have a fire attack, but when an ice state is applied, you would have an ice attack.

Edited by Tsukihime

Yeah I understand, but, follow my logic:

The character is an archer, and a bow attack requires a 'bow weapon' to be equipped. If the bow is equipped, it would change to the bow attack (first in priority). If not, then it would be the universal one (second).

It's the purpose of the script, right? Yet, when the character doesn't have a bow equipped, the bow attack still appears (grayed).

Is there anything wrong with the configuration I showed in the other post?

Thanks for the support  :)

LOL, just tried to replace all the 'attack' words with 'guard'

I really thought it would work, different shields protecting differently, different classes protecting differently. Nope, instead it turned guard into an attack...of sorts. Any suggestions on how to make this work for Guard as well?

Ah yes, but this script does not require another script that may interfere. However, I have not tested it out fully yet, will try both and see whats what