Khas

khas engine
Sapphire Action System IV

147 posts in this topic

SASIV.png

- Introduction:

An ABS, plus a Pixel Movement and a Particle Engine. The result? SAS IV.

- Features:

Full Pixel Movement

Khas Particle Engine powered

Realistic Collisions

Awesome Gameplay

High customization

Weapon icon

Easy to use

Skills

Lag free

Damage PopUp

Optimized HUD

Voice

And more...

- Add-ons:

Optimized HUD with HP, MP, EXP and Skill

Damage PopUp script

Heal player when Level Up

- Instructions:

All the instructions are on the SAS IV demo.

Please read them carefully.

Video:

- Screenshots:

print5.jpg

print4.jpg

print3.jpg

print2.jpg

print1.jpg

- Links:

Terms of Use: English - Read before use

Download: English - Latest version at the end of the post

Donations: Click here!

- Credits:

Created by Khas Arcthunder.

A special thanks to OmTsTM for testing SAS and recording the video.

Edited by Khas
Ally, imel, Rosenblack and 17 others like this

So, you finally posted it here!

I've already seen this script in your blog. It's indeed the best ABS for Ace so far, and probably will be for a good time!

Thanks for sharing it here! :D

Off: Brazilians rule, Khas!

This is awesome, im using this for sure dude i love it. I have some suggestions though.

Combos: For example with the sword slash down, then up, then down again, then a pause before the next combo can be done.

Special attacks. These would use TP or something like that, for example a spin attack with the sword.

Poking weapons. Like spears where its a direct thrust infron of the player, combos would be like 3 fast pokes, and for the special is a hop back then a running charge attack.

Raged weapons. Bows and Staves, the bows would need ammo where as staves would be able shoot magic or something like that, just make a section for ranged weapons with alot of customization so people can makes things like bows staves and guns. (difference between bows and guns would be arrows hit the ground after a distance but bullets dont) Special attacks for these would be like, a charged full range attack for the arrow, or for the gun a mele hit.

I think this is amazing so far, but i would really more customization for other weapons then just basic melee types.

Crimexx likes this

This looks amazing im trying it out now.

EDIT: This I was looking for and then some!! I can finally get started on my project, I was waiting for Vlad to finish the Blasephmia ABS, but he seems to be unactive now. You should add range attacks that would make this so much cooler!

Thanks, Crimexx

Edited by Crimexx

This is one of my favorite battle systems. I downloaded it earlier when it was in Portugese.

The only thing that irritates me about it though is the pixel movement. No offense, it's pretty nice, but it's not really what I want to implement in my game. Is there a way to disable it?

Sephiron, I just want to point out that the pixel movement really adds to the gameplay, that little movement the character does wehn he swings, and the how the enemy is pushed back? without pixel movement that wont happen, you will be limited to the square your on and will stand still wacking eachother. Its really dull, so think about it before you try and remove it.

Well, my beef with it is that the theme of my game is "Retro" and is supposed to be somewhat grid based. Events set to random only move 1 pixel too, which is a pretty big problem with me. It really is a great script, just not for the kind of thing I'm going for.

ABS with Tile Based movement = NO. Unless this is Ragnarok Online we're talking about, but still, even that has a lot of bugs and errors because of its Tile based movement :I

Edited by Archeia Nessiah

Awesome Khas is always awesome.

With a pixel movement without any glitches,this ABS is generally a YES!

ABS with Tile Based movement = NO. Unless this is Ragnarok Online we're talking about, but still, even that has a lot of bugs and errors because of its Tile based movement :I

I wanted to say it didn't work for RO either. In RO, it was only accepted since it was one of the few MMOs back then before the huge surge of Korean MMO's.

OH MY JESUS CHRIST! :o amazing!...but there's a problem with the link :'(

Edited by Kite

Modify/ create your own hud_bg in the system folder. Then modify the suitable coordinates in the HUD script.

Although, I would like to have characters have different HUDs, like Icy's Yggdrasil long ago.

Thanks for the awesome replies!

About the HUD, you may create your own, because SAS' HUD is just simple.

Check the SAS pdf file for some info on how to create a optimized HUD.

And about extra features, I do not know yet.

My time is kind of short, so I can't do everything you request.

See ya ^^

Rosenblack and Pikakapi like this

Just one off-topic question, How did you create the demo if the full version isn't realesed yet? D:

He probably "owns" the Japanese version.

Great script Khas! I'm loving this ABS, just one question:

It kinda bothers me that there is animation played only when weapons hit. I would also like it to play an animation even when nothing is attacked...So I was wondering if it is possible to make it so that every weapon has two kinds of animations: "Attack Animation" & "Hit Animation", as opposed to having only "Hit Animaton"?

Thanks in advance :)

Rosenblack likes this

@Wazte

Fan-made Portuguese translation.

@nexy

Interesting observation.

It would be a bit complicated to make, and I don't have much time.

Anyway, I wrote your suggestion for the next version, if I make it sometime.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for this script.

Still i have 2 questions^^ :

- is it possible to deactivate this script (for exemple on maps, whitch tends to be huge and to prevent loadings?)

- as shiro said, more customisation for ranged weapons would be awesome. Is it possible?

Thx !

ShinGamix and Rosenblack like this