Tidloc

Tidloc's Dynamic Shop System

16 posts in this topic

Tidloc's Dynamic Shop System v.2.5
by Tidloc

Introduction
This is a Shop-System, that enables Shops to stock Items only in limited quantities, sold Items become the stock of the shop and over time or with each entry of the shop, this item-quantities differ, as in realistic shops, by the shops trading items on their own.

Features
- usable with the normal Shop-Command in events
- before calling a shop, set a predefined game variable onto the shop-id (each shop should only be accessible in one location, or else you have the stock of that shop in other shops too...)
- everything that may be altered by non-scripters lies in the first lines within the module Tidloc.
- special items may be inserted in shops, appearing only with a given probability.
- epic items may be inserted in shops, appearing only once in that shop and if sold, never again.

Screenshots

How to Use
simply paste the script above main, below any standard-scripts and also below my header

Demo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gtmqmw2x0jnb9e/D-Shop.zip?dl=0

Script
Download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a15bow0husc667u/tidloc_D_shop.rb?dl=0

FAQ
the Demo should clear all question, if not, or special one appear, I will insert them here. :-)

Credits and Thanks
Tidloc :lol:

Changelog:

02/29/2012: v.1.3: found a bug, cleared it and uploaded Demo
05/02/2012: v.1.4: cleared an annoying bug xD and rescripted some parts to function with the new header
05/27/2012: v.1.5: Big update (to v.1.5)
06/02/2012: v.2.0: new release out! completely rewrote some parts of the script, for details see my header. Also header update needed!
06/30/2012: v.2.1: added the possibility to stop recalculating the stocks by time and added the option to calculate the stocks by script-command
02/22/2014: v.2.3: completely rewritten the script for it to become compatible with my custom equipments script.
07/13/2015: v.2.4: fixed a bug with my custom equips, implemented the help window via the key in the header and updated the demo.
07/18/2015: v.2.4.1: implemented a fault catching when the dynamic shop isn't setup when entering a shop. moved some scripthandling from game_temp to game_system

29/11/2015: v.2.4.2: resolved two minor display bugs

08/13/2016: v.2.5: added compatibility with my custom equips

09/24/2017: updated download links

Edited by Tidloc
Diego Rafael likes this

Sounds cool, This script could really give a realistic vibe to a game world. I 'll defiantly check it out when the demo

is followed. ;)

Awersome script, but I think I found a bug: When I re-sell the itens (apple...) they dont show up in the shop (or when do, they show as 0 in stock, but u can still buy one). :/

err... true, but this appears only with the apples in the demo... o_Ó

I'll have to look into this, never encountered this bug before...

Edit: Already found a way to bypass this issue, see my actual script and uploaded a new demo with the actuel version too ;-)

Edited by Michael

Hi, I just started using your script & I love it! Nice work! One question tho... I just want to change the names of the shop menu choices, "Regular Items, Sell Items, Special Offers" to something different. How do I do that? :)

if you're using the english version see lines 88 to 91...

in my scripts everything adjustable is always in the first lines ;-)

Hi, I recently got into wanting to get serious with Vx Ace and I love the idea of this script. I'm rather noobish though with this scripting language and I am having a rather hard time understanding parts of it. How exactly do you change what a specific store carries item/weapon/armor wise? I know it deals with the MAXGAIN, MAXSTART, and MINSTART but just not for sure what the numbers mean.