casper667

csca
CSCA Vehicle Interiors

23 posts in this topic

CSCA Vehicle Interiors v1.1

By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)

Last Update: May 26th, 2012

Introduction

This script will allow you to press a button and be transferred to the interior of a vehicle if you're currently riding that vehicle. Only Ship & Airship are

supported. To return to the exterior of the vehicle, all you need to do is call a script. More info on how to do this in script itself.

Features

- Easy enter / exit of a special vehicle map.

Updates

Version 1.1

-Fixed bug of map bgm playing very briefly before and after vehicle transfer.

-Fixed bug of CSCA Menu Theme conflicting with map bgm playing after off vehicle.

Screenshots

Not needed.

How to Use

Place in your materials section. Further setup required, instructions included in script.

Demo

1.5MB download here: LINK

Script

Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK

FAQ

None yet.

Credit

Casper Gaming

Terms

http://www.caspergaming.com/terms_of_use.html

Edited by casper667
ShinGamix likes this

Great script! The only thing I'm struggling with is that when I press the designated button to go to the interior, it starts playing the world map them for a sec, then whatever BGM I have set for the map that I'm brought to. Then, when I call up the script to return me to the airship, it briefly plays the airship theme, then switches to the world map instead of continuing to play the airship theme. Any suggestions?

Hey, great script!^_^

It's really good!^_^

Only thing it needs is to include the boat as well, then it'd be perfect!^_^

Sorry, I haven't been around in a long long time... haha. Anyway, I downloaded the new script, but there's still an issue where when I trigger the event to return me to airship control, the Airship theme stops and World Map theme plays. :(

Edited by Jeffafa

Sorry, I haven't been around in a long long time... haha. Anyway, I downloaded the new script, but there's still an issue where when I trigger the event to return me to airship control, the Airship theme stops and World Map theme plays. :(

Hmm, I'm not sure what could be going wrong. I'll have to look into that when I get the time. However, I have a new vehicle system script that combines my vehicle interiors and vehicle encounters as well as some new features that you could try. I have tested this newer script recently and could not get it to do what you are describing. Link to new vehicle system script.

Edited by casper667

I tried the new script too and every time I trigger the event that brings me back to the airship it still defaults to the World Map music. Then when I land, the World Map music starts over.

Hey I haven't checked this script out yet so I'm sure it has something extra but wouldn't this be fairly easy to do with events? Jus conditional vehicle inside of conditional space bar and then transfer to separate map/get off vehicle. Then have conditional space return to world map and have variables for map x, map y to transfer to.

Edited by BOSSBERRY

You'd have to set up a whole thing about Get on/off vehicle, but then your vehicle would be right there with you, effectively putting the vehicle inside itself. That's not even taking into consideration being able to return to precisely where you were when you pressed said button to "enter the interior" of said vehicle. It's all kinds of complicated :(

Not that I can immediately think of. However, I also just noticed that -- since installing the very original Vehicle Interiors script that you made -- you've updated the usage of it and I cannot afford to purchase a license from you at this time. I'm so sorry for wasting your time. I didn't notice that before now.

Well you were right, it certainly wasn't easy. But I made a system fairly close to what you did out of

events.

Check out full features atʉϡBLOG

or download directly:  :ph34r:

Fascinating

Sorry for the severe tardiness in my response, but I've finally gotten the chance to try it out. When I entered the airship interior, there was an airship above the character’s head, and the character moved super fast and through all tiles, just like the airship would. I exited and re-entered and it seemed fine, however I was hovering over a mountain when I entered the airship, and when I left, I had apparently landed and I was stuck :/

(attempted to post way earlier, but there were site problems)

Edited by Jeffafa

I'm not sure if you are talking about Bossberry's event here.

If you are, please talk about that elsewhere as this thread is for Casper's script and only posts regarding that should be here.