cirucat

Constellation

70 posts in this topic

[/anchor]

pjqPpMX.jpg
lMg4RW5.jpgU09ynL1.jpgfUMgPEO.jpgSwS7yEq.jpg

Abstract: A fantasy RPG inspired by Chinese Mythology.
Genre: RPG, Fantasy

Game Progression:
Story: 90%
Dialog: 10%
Maps: 15%
Database: 10%
Music: 70%
Art: 90%

Updates:

Follow my Development Blog for frequent updates!

OS6E6g9.jpg

Story synopsis:
5uNhHwi.pngChaos threatens to raze the land of Yidao; the Pillars of Earth quake and the Sky Ladder weakens. Somewhere, far away, in an isolated village, a young farm girl feels a strange and terrible responsibility for the bedlam. Visions of a beautiful flower and a crazed man haunt her every dream, compelling her to leave her home and venture forth across Yidao to seek answers.

Background:
5uNhHwi.pngThe land of Yidao was created by the Five Benevolent Beasts that dwelled in the garden of the Gods: Seiryu the Azure Dragon, Suzaku the Vermilion Bird, Byakko the White Tiger, Genbu the Black Tortoise and Qilin the Yellow Dragon. Seiryu, guardian of the elemental phase of Wood, formed the East of Yidao. Suzaku, guardian of the elemental phase of Fire, formed the South of Yidao. Byakko, guardian of the elemental phase of Metal, formed the West of Yidao. Genbu, guardian of the elemental phase of Water, formed the North of Yidao. Finally, Qilin, guardian of the elemental phase of Earth, formed the Center of Yidao. They blessed the land with their elemental powers and finally departed for the skies where they became strings of stars, forming constellations to overlook Yidao. Some believe that holy and powerful shrines to the constellations of the Five Benevolent Beasts were erected in the early days of civilization, but lost to time and the gradual secularization of Yidao.

zS77PgC.jpg

GcMUQZ4.jpg

Name: Yara Naji
Pronunciation: Yar-uh Nah-gee
7Iv7vOE.png
Blood type: O
Zodiac Sign: Rabbit
Phase: Earth
Height: 163cm
Weight: 47.9kg
About: From a young age it appeared there was something special about Yara; she has unusual resilience, strength, and courage. The source of her mystique is the Immortal Flower which was bound to her earth soul by the Five Saints of Khun-Lun Mountain. Yara is a kind girl, albeit naive, who is steadfast and honest. Despite her pleasant nature she is unafraid of conflict.

BTq73fL.jpg

Name: Lonan Nemaes
Pronunciation: Low-nan Neh-mays
dFjNNY3.png
Blood type: B
Zodiac Sign: Tiger
Phase: Metal
Height: 174cm
Weight: 67.1kg
About: Lonan was adopted as a child by the Empress of Yidao, Jun Nemaes, after his parents, vassals to the Empress, mysteriously vanished. However, life as an imperial heir simply doesn’t suit this rebellious youth; Lonan frequently flouts his status and its restrictions. The only gentry instruction Lonan has embraced is swordsmanship, due to his exceptional skill with a blade.

BTq73fL.jpg

Name: Mei Taisui
Pronunciation: May Tie-sue-ee
Iw46Uwg.png
Blood type: B
Zodiac Sign: Rooster
Phase: Fire
Height: 168cm
Weight: 49.9kg
About: In order to escape a life of poverty Mei entered the most lucrative trade in all of Jiaodoshi: Pit-fighting. Mei and her war fan are an unstoppable force; she is a champion pit-fighter and has never lost a fight. Mei is passionate, headstrong, and outspoken, on and off the battlefield.

BTq73fL.jpg

Name: Faas Zaban
Pronunciation: Fah-s Zuh-ban
QAjyQgg.png
Blood type: AB
Zodiac Sign: Dog
Phase: Water
Height: 178cm
Weight: 64kg
About: Intrigue surrounds the son of the famous blacksmith Gun of Leiyu; Faas is the sole survivor of the flood that destroyed Leiyu one year ago. Some say he used powerful, dark magic to wash the great city away, and has thus been dubbed the “Leiyu Slayer.â€

BTq73fL.jpg

Name: Tian
Pronunciation: Tea-in
OoAbYQs.png
Blood type: A
Zodiac Sign: Snake
Phase: Tree
Height: 153cm
Weight: 40.1kg
About: The Hulijing are a race that possess only a sky soul; they are immediately differentiated from humans by their feline ears and tails. Nuwa Yao, a powerful witch, became the first Hulijing when a failed incantation rent her earth soul from her body. Afterwards, Nuwa found herself shunned by humans who feared her transformed state. Lonely, Nuwa used her powerful arcane abilities to construct ten other Hulijing to keep her company. Of the ten, Nuwa created Tian to be the embodiment of genius. Tian is thoughtful and questioning although just a tad socially awkward. Tian finds more comfort in books than anything sentient.

zS77PgC.jpg

IDIwlJp.jpg

YRVR502.jpg
0R27klN.jpg
lU0nQQK.jpg
60N41R7.jpg
xVOf7fB.jpg
6CVsOKo.jpg
aZrIv8H.jpg
kFcQRly.jpg
iTeCGNx.jpg
WCp2CfG.jpg
FOl3Nx5.jpg
3vrJLZ0.jpg
eWzUgYD.jpg

zS77PgC.jpg

[anchor=credits]

D8JTWUW.jpg

Story:
Ciruscat

Ciruscat Logo:
Neverward

Logo:
Ciruscat
Neverward
Galv

Section Header Artwork:
Ciruscat
Galv
Neverward

Character Faceset Artwork:
Neverward

Tilesets and parallax:
Celianna
charlesthehurst
First Seed Material
Lunarea
Mack
Usagi
Ayene-chan
Ying
Hanzo
Alisa_Tana
COAD
Benben
ENTERBRAIN, INC
Archeia
EvilEagles
Tobby Ong
Caz
Galv

Sprites:
Mack
Darksun
XP RTP
birdzilla
Aindra
First Seed Material (www.tekepon.net/fsm)
Cecillia
Galv

Window Skin:
itaholy87

Battlers:
Enterbrain

Icon Set:
Enterbrain
Kaduki
Ragnarok Online

Sound effects:
Disgaea
Mark DiAngelo

Music:
Nobrotu by Jeremy Brown
Nobrotu Wilderness by Jeremy Brown
Pleasant town by Shizu
Lost in a Town by Matt

Scripts:
Charset Movements - Galv
Fishing Mini Game - Galv
Icon Pointer - Galv
Battle Row Tankentai Modification - Galv
Armor Combo system - Galv
World Map Save - Galv
Map Image - Galv
Cam Control - Galv
Equipment/Status menu screen - Galv
Ace Menu Engine - Yanfly
Ace Menu Engine edit - Galv
Party Sized Menu - Yanfly
Party System - Yanfly
Ace Save Engine - Yanfly
Ace Message System - Yanfly
Move Restrict Region - Yanfly
Victory Aftermath - Yanfly
Victor Base Engine - Victor
Actor Events - Victor
Tankentai for VX ACE - Enu
Map Name on Load Fix - Crazyninjaguy
XP to VX sprite converter - Woratana
Ace Save Engine portrait add on - siChainlinks
Animated title screen - Moghunter
Level Up Animation - Moghunter
Overlay - Yami
Word Wrapping - Killozapit
Battle Rows - Ceodore/CDR

Want to support Constellation?
P0zFTvB.png

[url=http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/19202-constellation/][img=http://i.imgur.com/P0zFTvB.png][/url]

Thank you!

zS77PgC.jpg

This looks so amazing, I have been looking forward to this :D

Your story synopsis, background and characters leave me wanting to know more and your screenshots - so awesome!

Very nice work, I hope you keep it up and look forward to playing it!

Bunni89, cirucat, Cecillia and 1 other like this

Wow, everything here is really nice to look at

The maps look great, the story's cool, and I'm a huge fan of Neverward's faceset style

I like the story too

It sounds like you did a good job of putting a unique spin on the whole "driven by a dream" cliche... of which I am guilty... :/

I like how it's not like, "My dream told me to save the world!" or "My dream wants me to be a hero!"

I like the way it's just like, "What the hell is my dream?"

Awesome-looking stuff so far, I'll be checking this topic religiously :D

cirucat and Neverward like this

Beautiful, Cirus! :D Love the characters, the mapping, and especially the mythology! 真精彩~ Lovely personalities for each of your characters! They all stand out! :) I'm amazed you get this done while also doing logos and helping people! 

cirucat likes this

It's finally here! Outstanding presentation, everything is so clean and organized and thematically tied together. I love the hotlinks at the top. Your story synopsis gives a glimpse without being too verbose. Definitely looking forward to a demo of this, and this is one of the most well put-together project threads yet.

cirucat likes this

I've been waiting for this ever since you told me about this project, Cirus :D

The thread turned out beautifully as expected and I love how well thought out your game is. The story is incredible (From what you told me) and I have a liking towards the characters (Especially Faas. He's such a cutie~)

I can't wait for the demo. You poured a lot of hard work into this game and it really shows how much you love your story and characters. I seriously can't wait to see them in action. 

Btw, I love your parallxing. It's amazing.

P.S. Not much I could do, but I hope you like it. I don't normally give freebies out, but If I love a game: I give free art. I hope you don't get jealous eyes from this at all. Keep your game going. I love it. Don't let anybody take you down with negative comments. [Not so good at backgrounds. I'm practicing!]

o89kpi.jpg

Bunni89, Neverward, cirucat and 2 others like this

Very nice! I wish i could support this project but im to busy with my new game that really needs some working on but if i have time will try to support you :)

Edited by KRAKELINGCATcarnage
cirucat likes this

Supporting a project is as easy as adding the BB code in the original post to your sig ;)

Thx Galv! I dint know it was that easy XD im gonna do it right now

cirucat likes this

What a gorgeous showroom, you really designed it clean!!! I am so so so excited for this project, the screenshots look very well done and pretty! I look foreword to exploring, and also learning about the story, I haven't heard allot of this and I have to say you have a really cool way of writing in general! Also excited to see how those fun mini-game ideas turned out! ;D

You know I'm very honored to have my work in this project, and I'm always here to help out if you need it! :)

cirucat and Galv like this

fwCTFyE.gif

I want to extend a BIG thank you to ALL of you for the immense support and kind words! I am working alone on Constellation so it may go slow at times, but I am working hard to bring it to life and all this kindness motivates me so much!

I want to give a SPECIAL thank you to Ceci for the beautiful fan art of Yara! It brought tears to my eyes to see it, Ceci! You did an amazing job on her and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I never thought anyone could like my characters as much as I did, but you proved me wrong and for that I am so happy and joyful! 
⤠⤠â¤

Jonnie91, Cecillia and Galv like this

ohmygod I see my name in the credits XD What did you use if I may ask? ^_^

I'd like to say something, but everyone else has already said what I was going to (ya bunch of sneaky thieves lol)

But seriously, the polish of everything looks wonderful.  

You are the first person to receive my custom (and very compact) Seal of Approval.

2Hp2dig.gif

I await to see how your project develops.   ;)

cirucat likes this

YES YES YES!!! This looks amazing. Your mapping is incredible. It gave me a better understanding as to mapping forests. I would always keep my pathways completely visible because I thought tree coverage looked bad but the way you demonstrated it in some of your maps has definitely proved me wrong. Ah man, this is some inspirational stuff right here. Thank you! Keep up the great work, this is looking like a very nicely polished project with thick content :)

Update 10/17/13

900 layers later, I finished the exterior of my Imperial Palace that you will be able to explore when you enter the Imperial City of Zijin. Here's a screenshot of it:

the-big-picture2.jpg

Galv and Cecillia like this

I agree, that map is very impressive! I love the mix of green and pink trees and all the detail.

I'd live there :D

900 layers is real dedication to detail!

cirucat likes this

Wa...wait...wait...*brain processing* 900 layers??? Do you mean literally, 900 layers? Wow, cirus...I don''t know how you manage it. All of you people must be gods >.<"

I really love the elegance of your maps. This one really reminds me of a dojo or something...but it's perfect! And I love that little swan in the lake~ <3

OH NO! (<- Heck yes that deserves caps lockI go away for a little while and I miss the grand opening of this showroom post.

And how well you've done! (:

Just love how beautifully you've presented this, along with the nice link navigation everywhere and decorative art headers.

Main thing I worry about these days is my showroom post being cluttered, you've shown that things can be organized into perfection.

You've really got some great skills! 

The characters and story are interesting, although I've probably said that before in your blog. 

I love the four symbols/mythological creatures and I'm definitely excited to see a game with these subjects.

And also, the face-sets for your characters are really really pretty. Eep. Overall, I can't say anything but 'keep it up'! 

Well, I had been stalking your blog updates before the showroom post, but seeing it all so organized here, ..Just, wow!

+1 Constellation Fan. =D

Nine...nine...nine hundred layers?!

Excuse me while I wallow in my inadequacy... T_T

I'm impressed with the new map.  Really well done.   :lol:

cirucat likes this

OHMERGWAD! ! Its really very beautiful!

The story, to the enviornment, to the characters and to the very last detail--Simply awesome!

Can't wait for the demo to come out!

So going to support this.

Today I indirectly worked on my game by making a development blog! It is where I will be posting my plans for working on the game, to do-lists, updates, and anything else related to my game! I will still post here for major updates but if you are interested in following the day to day creation of Constellation, check it out!

fa6tPaA.gif Constellation's new Development Blog

Cecillia likes this

Am I interested in following day-to-day updates on Constellation? Who wouldn't be?

Will that make me seem stalkerish? Maybe.

Will I look at it? YES!~

cirucat likes this