casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

CSCA Game Over Options v1.0
By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)

Introduction
This script will allow you to change the gameover music and image seperately by changing the value of a variable in game. It also adds a menu to the gameover sceen with options to return to title, quit, or load a saved game. Text for each option is customizable.

Features
- Change gameover music w/ a variable
- Change gameover image w/ a variable
- Menu added to gameover screen with load, title, and quit options.

Screenshots
Not needed.

How to Use
Place in your materials section. Further setup required, instructions included in script.

Demo
1.5MB download here: LINK

Script
Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK

FAQ
None yet.

Credit
Casper Gaming

Terms
http://www.caspergam...rms_of_use.html

Edited by casper667, 07 September 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#2 regendo

regendo

Ruler of Worlds

• 893 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Although there are already some scripts out there that add to Scene_Gameover (one of which is actually mine), I got to say that I like the idea of setting background and sound by variables.
That way, you could even make custom game overs depending on where, when and how you died (e.g. different game overs for dying in a regular battle, in a boss battle or from that boss's special attack).
The most recent versions of my scripts and my ToU are on github! - /regendo

#3 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

That's the idea, and main reason I made this script. :) This is actually a port from one of my VX scripts which was never released to the public other than on my little known about website, like most of my other scripts that will be released when I get around to making a demo for them.

The menu was just an easy addition which I basically just copied from the title scenes/windows, and then after that I couldn't think of anything else to customize the gameover scene with. :P

Edited by casper667, 22 March 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#4 TeaganRat

TeaganRat

• 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

I'm new to scripting, and I as wondering if you knew how to add text afterwards depending on what option you choose on the Game Over screen? Example: Load Game (Nice Choice!), Quit (Please Don't Give Up!)

Edited by TeaganRat, 01 July 2014 - 10:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users