Spectre

Chill-out Corner (Fave Music Thread)

783 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why this isn't already up, or if it is, my bad for double posting.

Here's a corner where we share our favorite songs, regardless of genre.

And no, we promise we won't judge too much!

Rules

• Do post one song per post, and give others a chance to showcase their favorite songs.
  • No profanity in your songs, as much as possible. Censored silly sounds are fine.
  • Likewise, try to cut down on suggestive material.
  • Preferably, don't repost the same song as somebody else. This is especially easy if you listen to indie.

And let's get started with one of mine:

Shack_Keeper and AlliedG like this

I love classical! It's soothing and inspiration, or blood pumping. My favorite music is a wife range, but I am really getting into atmsperic music. You really just get into a mood quicker and your mind is very active. I love Dragon Quest or Dragon Warrior as it was called here, very powerful, yet, simple tunes.

I'm pretty keen on classical too. This is from my favourite symphony. Police open fire on a crowd of unarmed protesters, followed by deathly calm. Includes a fugue for any music nerds out there :P

eatorl likes this

As much as I love some classical and blues, Alt-J has been dominating my ears lately. The whole album is terrific, but here is 

my favorite track (this week) 

Edited by piggybankcowboy
JaiCrimson likes this

Throwing some old school techno from oversea's at the people!

BOOM! BOOM!

All of blossoms top hits were recorded in english not that they are easy to find online. I had the top hits remixed cd in eng back in high school. The Shack Keeper feels old...

Addition: Blossom heartbeat album is the english full version songs from back in the day. I just downloaded it off amazon using the cloud player

Edited by Shack_Keeper

It's a classic! Final Fantasy 7 Celtic Moon!

I used to leave this cd on repeat all night long, again back in high school......... darn you young, people being all young, with your young-ness

I don't usually participate in threads like these, but if you enjoy HAIM's The Wire, you might like this cover. I've listened to it a hundred times. ~ â™ª

My music taste is too all over the place to decide on one song to post here, but my signature has always had some random hidden tunes.

~ Anyways, hope ya' like it!

Shack_Keeper likes this

I don't usually participate in threads like these, but if you enjoy HAIM's The Wire, you might like this cover. I've listened to it a hundred times. ~ â™ª

My music taste is too all over the place to decide on one song to post here, but my signature has always had some random hidden tunes.

~ Anyways, hope ya' like it!

That's a lovely cover. :3 Absolutely delicious music, indeed.

Max Raabe - Oops I Did It Again

Trust me...it's worth listening to...

http://youtu.be/FfBQ3bNNwHs

Thank goodness I enjoy his sardonic tone. XD

Too bad, I am skirting the rules :P Redheads get exceptions, there :P

I would post my favorite KPop MVs but...gee, there are waaay too many XD

I know they've been over played but I still loop SPY and Fantastic Baby daily. Don't even get me started on Lee Hi..

Edited by LadyBloodsong

Okay, so I'm back...  ...I just like sharing music, okay :/

I almost posted Janell Monae's 'Cold War' video, but opted for this"single take"music video instead. Plus I think Thomas Holm could use a lil' more love. 2:55+ is always my fav part (and 3:47). What an adorable man :T

@LadyBloodsong: DEFINITE yes to Fantastic Baby. =^-^= It's one of the strangest MVs in existence, but it is my favorite Kpop song out there surprisingly. XD I love SPY (suju, right?) but most of the time I prefer SHINee to Super Junior. :D

LadyBloodsong likes this

@LadyBloodsong: DEFINITE yes to Fantastic Baby. =^-^= It's one of the strangest MVs in existence, but it is my favorite Kpop song out there surprisingly. XD I love SPY (suju, right?) but most of the time I prefer SHINee to Super Junior. :D

Ok. Wow. I love love love you.

This is my fave by Lee Hi. I also think you'd like another of her's called Rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AI7UP1iRAU

Ooga-chaka! Ooga-ooga ooga-chaka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo-qweh7nbQ

One of my favorite oldies.

I used to frequent James Gunn's old blog (where he'd often write about his favorite music), so I wasn't the least bit surprised when he picked this song for his premiere trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. 

If you like that song, you can also check out Three Dog Night's 'Joy to the World' and King Harvest's 'Dancing in the Moonlight' which are very similar. Or even 'Tarzan Boy' from the 80's band Baltimora. It's a bit different from the others, but similar enough to Blue Swede's song to be considered "related".

There's so many different kinds of music I like, it's hard to pick what to post. So I've decided though to keep it local with this next one. And even though there's been a ton of awesome bands to come outta Denver, it made things at least a lil' bit easier.

Shack_Keeper and Paddy like this

One of my favorite oldies.

I used to frequent James Gunn's old blog (where he'd often write about his favorite music), so I wasn't the least bit surprised when he picked this song for his premiere trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. 

If you like that song, you can also check out Three Dog Night's 'Joy to the World' and King Harvest's 'Dancing in the Moonlight' which are very similar. Or even 'Tarzan Boy' from the 80's band Baltimora. It's a bit different from the others, but similar enough to Blue Swede's song to be considered "related".

:lol: The second you mentioned the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, I was like "WHAT?!?!" Looked it up on Youtube and... I am insanely excited about this film! It's so cool that Starlord listens to that song on his Walkman.  :lol: I'll have to look those other bands you've mentioned at some point. My taste in music varies... a lot.

Here's something else I've been listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ZWKHkQcYc

A band from my hometown who are pretty awesome. Normally, I don't really go for the whole "power pop/punk" thing, but when I'm feeling nostalgic I'll listen to these guys because they remind me of some amazing times I've had during my college years. :D

♪ You put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up. ♫

This will probably be stuck in my head for the remainder of this day.  :unsure:

LadyBloodsong likes this