31 replies to this topic

#1 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

LudusGPHeader.png

The MESSIAH  is COMING, and SHE is a BI(-winning) ATHEIST.

headerSummary.png
A declaration of love for videogames, anime, comics, books, movies, tv shows, music, popculture and humanity in general.
An audacious mix of ideas and mechanics from vaious genres combined and put into a fantasy RPG.

Explore strange places, fight exotic creatures, build cities, raise armies, and lead them into battle.
Can you free the world from the tyrannical rule of Providence?

headerIntro.png

headerPrologue.png

Spoiler

headerCharacters.png

headerWorld.png

Spoiler

headerSpace.png

Spoiler

headerGreenhouse.png

Spoiler

headerBarn.png

Spoiler

headerFeatures.png

Spoiler

headerScreenshots.png

Spoiler

headerResources.png

Spoiler

headerVideos.png

Playlist with more videos:

https://www.youtube....5xiMsCwxyF3yVRf

Many more videos in the media section. Though some of them are outdated (see title).

headerComparison.png
Just for fun, a little comparison to the state of the game as of 3 years ago and now:

Spoiler

To_be_continued.png
Ludus2_sig.png

Social_Media.png

Edited by Lihinel, 18 March 2017 - 02:00 AM.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#2 SpookyMothman

SpookyMothman

Ghosty Things

• Ace Member
  • 552 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

How has nobody commented yet?

I've been looking forward to this for a while. I'm glad to see that it has it's own topic, now. This game looks very cool.

How long have you been working on this, anyway?

#3 Soulpour777

Soulpour777

Kodo no Majutsushi

• + Sponsor
  • 2579 posts
  • LocationVanir
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

I remembered this on RMXP. Your title screen was the first motivator for me to learn how RMXP's title screen can be edited, lol. I really loved that title screen where you can open the save file in the title screen itself. Was the RMXP version abandoned or what?

Check me out on YouTube for my tutorials and plugin videos.

soulxregalia_banner.jpg?w=625

If you support my works, please do have the time to include this banner in your site / forum signature.

SUPPORT ME ON PATREON

Spoiler

#4 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

@SpookyMothman: Thanks, been working on the VXAce version since the end of November last year.

Most of it was done in the first two months and I haven't been doing much these days (except for some parallax maps), due to exams. Ill resume development in April.

However, I already had most of the systems planed out in design documents and there was an old version of the game made with XP back in 2009.

@SoulpourVII: Oh that's nice to hear.

The XP version was lost in an HDD crash, I didn't have a backup back then and kind of lost all my motivation.

(Now I have some copys on an external HDD and store a copy in dropbox every time I finish something)

Was working on other projects and then didn't work on any game for a while, but decided to give it a try again, after buying VXAce during a sale and goofing around with a fun/trash game.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#5 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6234 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Wow! This is beautiful ^-^ I was wondering if, at some point in time, the facegen graphics will be replaced with customized ones? The rest of the game is executed so beautifully that the faces clash a little bit since they're seen so often (that style.)

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#6 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:40 AM

Yeah, the faces could be subject to change, though they are not high priority.

(I didn't pick them because I liked them so much, but because I couldn't find preexisting portraits to fit all my characters, besides those portraits I could find have been used in other games too, so they would be even less unique.)

They are low on my list because of two things:

I am not good at drawing faces (like really really terrible) and replacing faces in a finished game is trivial.

So yeah, maybe Ill have improved my drawings by the time the game is close to being finished so I can draw other faces myself, or maybe Ill find someone willing to draw some faces for me. (Of course the later possibility is only likely if I manage to deliver a good product and generate sufficient interest)

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#7 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Quick Progress report:

I am in the middle of remaking most of the maps, here is a screen of the new version of the mundburg:

MundburgVersion3c.png

There have been changes to the resources:

- "Steel" no longer exists as a resource, same goes for all resources made from it. (This means there are now 3 clearly defined stages of development before the endgame, instead of the weird 3,5 that existed priro to this change)

- All weapons of a stage have been combined into a single resource (So instead of "Iron Swords", "Iron Daggers", "Iron Hammers", and so on, there are only "Iron Weapons". The main reason for this change was, that most weapons are produced by the same building anyway and that changing production was a pain, as you almost always had too much of one weapon class and not enough of the one you needed to produce specific units.)

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#8 SpookyMothman

SpookyMothman

Ghosty Things

• Ace Member
  • 552 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

I stand by what I've been saying: this game is looking hella tight! Usually, games that have a lot of different mechanics kinda turn me off, but I'm really curious about how your game will turn out.

#9 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

@SpookyMothman: Thanks, I'll do my best to make things consistent between systems. (like elemental types and critical/resistant damage indicators in normal battles, conquests and space battles) (stats between normal battles and conquests) (weapon and armor types corresponding to different levels in the battle system and stages in the town building system)

As well as trying not to add unnecessary stuff. (I was close to removing the cooking system at one point, as I wasn't happy with the hero unlocking mechanic. What saved it was its use as buffs before fights. It won't be required for most of the game, though it might make things easier and some of the hidden bosses could be quite a challenge without buffs)

@Topic: Improved world and remade land maps are done:

WorldMap2.png

InvidiaMap3.png

(all thats left before Ill get to make new content again are new sprites for the space shooter minigame and a different background for cooking)

Edited by Lihinel, 02 April 2014 - 03:48 AM.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#10 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

After a series of additions, cuts and multiple restructurings, I am happy to present (what I sincerely hope to be) the final version of the resources:

Resources0.png

Spoiler

The order in the game is the same as seen in the pictures (except that there are no subcategories, its just back to back, all in one list).

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#11 SpookyMothman

SpookyMothman

Ghosty Things

• Ace Member
  • 552 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

In a world where medieval armaments and microchips can exist at the same time... What sorta awesomely insane fantasy world does this game take place in, anyway? 's crazy, yo.

Every update gets me psyched about this game. The thing is, though, I still don't know what kind of a game it is. It has RPG elements, sim elements, freakin' shoot-'em-up elements... This game is shaping up to be kinda nuts, in all the best ways.

#12 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

You got leftover, salvaged technology filling in the role of magic. Here is a dialog scrap to explain:

Sophia: In a way, its magic that's real, but, you see, its not real magic. Magic that's real works by exploiting physical laws to generate the effects of magic, while real magic tries to evoke supernatural powers and is therefore not real.

Shango: Wait a second, you're telling me that magic that's real isn't real magic while real magic is not real?

Sophia: Kinda. You see, any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.

(Ideas stolen from Arthur C. Clarke, Daniel Dennett and the creators of Babylon 5 and Doctor Who)

Actually, its so common, its a trope.

Though its not like you start out with microchips, the advanced materials are endgame content.

As to what it is, as the summary says, it's a fantasy RPG with elements of economic simulation games and other ideas borrowed from various genres.

Those systems are used to unlock new areas or advance the story.

The town building system is used to generate resources.

Resources are either used directly or as material to produce soldiers.

The soldiers are used in the conquest system, to conquer new areas.

The space shooter is used in the intro and then again at the end of the game to reach spacestations.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#13 AlliedG

AlliedG

Gigalomanic

• + Sponsor
  • 663 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • RM Skill - Designer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:47 PM

Are the resources sorted in the menu or are they all under menu?

With so many materials and items, it would make sense to categorise them instead of all of them appearing under the item tab. 

Edit: Okay I saw the screenshots and it makes more sense now (assuming its represented as variables).

promise_logo_zps33a99f48.png

Spoiler

#14 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

I am not sure I fully comprehend what you mean.

They are not regular items. (I don't use the standard system)

The resources are their own category and only accessible in the town building system and menus linked to producing new soldiers.

There they are either viewed as a full list or in the case of the HUD and soldier production only the necessary resources are displayed.

(You can also see how it looks/works in the video about the town building system)

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#15 AlliedG

AlliedG

Gigalomanic

• + Sponsor
  • 663 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • RM Skill - Designer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

Well I figured it out now but thanks for the explanation - it looks like an interesting project anyhow.
promise_logo_zps33a99f48.png

Spoiler

#16 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

@Alliedg: Thanks.

@Topic:

Food Items have been repurposed, they are no longer used to unlock Characters/Quests/Explorable Areas and are part of a buff system instead:

FoodBuffs.png

- Eating grants you points, you can get up to 7 points for each stat.
- Food can only be consumed outside of battles, there is a special menu showing current points.
- The first 5 points grant a 10% stat increase per point (10% for 1, 50% for 5), the last 2 points are just a buffer.
- After every battle, you loose 1 point in each stat.
- Each character has a different taste, normal food grants 3 points, food they dislike 1, food they like 5 points, food they love 7 points.

#17 cazziuz

cazziuz

Head Bashing Against Wall

• Banned
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKentucky,USA

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

After reading the info in the post ...i have to say ..WOW i am very impressed.

cant wait to see the demo/and or finished product, my wife will hate me when either of those things are made available

cause i know i will just sit here and play this for a while instead of doing the things on  the honey do list ,lmao 

For a Amazing Logo Shop:

Spoiler

My Current Project(WIP)
Spoiler

#18 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:09 AM

@cazziuz: Glad you like what you see. Techdemo (Demo with the start of Arc 1) will be first, but I can't really set a date right now.

@Topic:

The new system to generate soldiers is now done.
Some optimisations for the town building system are due next week, after that I can start focusing on content production.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

#19 SpookyMothman

SpookyMothman

Ghosty Things

• Ace Member
  • 552 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:31 AM

Very cool. I swear, this project will never cease to amaze me.

#20 Lihinel

Lihinel

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Not much happening these days, I have gone back into a phase of slow development and will likely resume work once my last other sideproject is done.

Edited by Lihinel, 10 May 2014 - 11:00 PM.

Ludus_Banner_sig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users