By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)
Last Update: September 6th, 2012
This script allows you to enable/disable use of pre-made "dungeon tools" easily with switches. The pre-made tools include: Reset, Arrow, Bomb, Hookshot, Boomerang. Each tool behaves slightly differently, and it is recommended to download the demo to get a better understanding of how each tool works.
- Adds an Arrow, Bomb, Hookshot, Boomarang, and Reset tool for use in dungeons/wherever you want
- RESET: Resets the map to how it was when you entered. This option will NOT turn switches/variables back to their original value, but it will turn self switches to false unless RESET_EXEMPT is put in the event page of an event. It also transfers the player to where they were originally after the previous transfer.
- ARROW: Shoots an arrow in the direction you're facing. When it hits an event, if the event has ARROW_ACTIVATE in a comment event command, it will activate the next self switch. If no self switch is on, it will turn A on. If A is on, B will be turned on, etc.
- BOMB: Sets a bomb down where the player is standing. When the player steps a specified amount of times, the bomb blows up, activating the next self switche of events underneath it, as well as directly above/below, and to the right/left. The self switches are only turned on if BOMB_ACTIVATE is in their event page in a comment command.
- HOOKSHOT: Shoots a hookshot in the direction of the player. If it connects with an event that has HOOKSHOT_ENABLED in a comment event command, it will move the player to that event, even if there are impassable tiles in between. If no event is hit, or the event does not have the comment command, the hookshot returns to the player.
- BOOMERANG: Shoots a boomarang, which can collect one item at a time(requires some eventing, shown in demo). If the boomerang flies over an event with the comment command BOOMERANG_ACTIVATE, it will turn on that event's next self switch.
-Fixed boomerang misspelling
-Aliased a few more things
-Bomb is now seperate from other tools, as in you can use other tools while a
bomb is planted. However, you're still limited to 1 arrow/hookshot/boomerang
at one time.
-Tool events are now designated by comments rather than entering a predefined
event id in the module.
-Bug fixed that occurred when a player transferred to a map with no events set up for this script.
-Fixed bug that caused a crash if any event on the map had no event pages with met conditions.
-Added ability to hold a button down to turn in the direction pressed instead of moving. This is able to be done at all times.
-Fixed reset bug
-Added ability to require the player has items to use some tools. For example, the player might need an arrow in their inventory to use the arrow tool.
-Increased compatibility by aliasing more stuff.
-Made compatible for CSCA Menu Organizer
-Damage floor now doesn't damage the player when hookshotting over it.
-Added a new region, similar to region 1 but only functions if a switch is ON.
- Region ID 1 will no longer allow tools to go through events. Use the other regions for this effect. (Toggle-able).
View of tool selection menu:
Arrow in use:
Bomb in use:
Boomerang in use:
Hookshot in use:
How to Use
Place in your materials section. Further setup required, instructions included in script.
1.6MB download here: LINK (Version 1.4b)
Demo includes icons, premade bomb animation, and character sheet.
Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK (Version 1.4b)
To easily add this script to the main menu, please use the CSCA Menu Organizer: LINK
Requires CSCA Core Script to work properly - Get it here!
Click spoiler for resources that go along with the script
Edited by casper667, 07 September 2012 - 02:46 PM.