• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Meiri

Apple Pie [OP REVAMPED!]

74 posts in this topic

o8xBoqd.png

Apple Pie is a Rpg Maker Vx Ace game currently in development. Development began in February 2014, and is still ongoing.

xSbOg5V.png

About the project.

The game has been in development since January 2014. Apple Pie features a relationship system with 5 girls, each with different backstories and personalities. The gameplay includes puzzles, case solving, riddles and more. It changes depending on which girl you decide to befriend - it is not only a sim game, but also has tons of gameplay.

f0Kxt2k.png

The premise of the game.

''Apple Pie stars Lucia, a 16 year old girl who can peek into people’s hearts. In her new school, she finds several girls who have secrets, secrets hidden deep inside their hearts.
To peek into their hearts, Lucia has to build friendships with them, buying them gifts(much like Harvest Moon/Rune Factory), eating together, studying…
However, Apple Pie isn’t only a friendship simulator game. Inside the girl’s hearts, Lucia has to solve puzzles, mysteries and run away from weird creatures so she can help her friends. There are also several quests for her to complete, both in her world and in the Dream World, a secret world that she can go to… but that’s another story.'' - From the dev blog.

tj4d8YB.png

The game's features.

- A hand written plot full of unique and interesting characters - each with different backstories and personalities.
- A friendship system with 5 girls.
- The gameplay changes depending on what girl you chose, including murder cases, puzzles, riddles...
- The choices you see through the game will change something, may it be dialogue or an aesthetical change, even gameplay and your endings, ending up with tons of possibilities.
- Most of the game's maps were made using the Parallax Mapping method. 
- A fun quest system - the player can take quests in the Dream World. Sometimes, it's just playing with the housewife's kids, but other times, a brand new adventure can start!
- Tons of dialogue and events.
- A day and night system.
- All the characters can interact with each other. Sometimes, you need to give them a push first. There's unique dialogue for every combination.
...And more!

2ENe84b.png

The screenies! You can view more at the game's dev blog. Most of them were made using the Parallax Mapping Method.

joH55L0.png7k8m5tF.png6dxTlrG.pngDBkmIrZ.pngW9X63oV.pngWQ6Nvy5.pngP6rcmCG.pngNQJjT6j.pngAmCssus.pngDMIscej.png

ixR4n7Y.png

Self explainatory. I'll just write something funny here. Floop!

qFeS7gv.png

If it wasn't for those people, Apple Pie wouldn't be a thing!

Apple Pie Team
Art: Allusion
Pixel Art: Eerie Hand
Progamming and Writing: Meiri

Music:
Scythuz
Aaron Krogh
Maou Damashii
tidegusto
Noyemik
Camelia (agnello-pecora.chu.jp/CAMeLIA/)
jStewart
Sonorode
H/MIX
Presence of Music
ozkaverdose
jan1985
Senses Circuit

Graphics

Cecillia
Cait(nicnubill)
Celianna
Lunarea
Ayane
MagicalQuin
RaibowJello
Recife
Dreamer
ãらã¾ã­ãƒ¼ã‹ã”ã‚ーã‹ã”ã‚
Modern World Tilesets + Add-on
DS and DS+ Tilesets
[Copyright]© 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC; 
artists Archeia, EvilEagles, Tobby Ong, Caz
ã½ã‚‰ã£ã‹ (http://cnoc.web.fc2.com/)

Scripts
Galv
Yanfly
Tsukihime
Vincada
Khas
FenixFyreX
Masked
Racheal
intev
Ocedic

Special Thanks
Enterbrain

Here are some support bars for you if you want to support this project!

ccfT4Wu.png
F2cbfZ1.png
ni392w9.png
6sA5biW.png

Edited by Meiri

@Cecillia Thank you! Of course I liked the logo.

This topic got approved really fast. I was kinda worried that it would take a while. Hooray! :D

@TeaPatti Thanks! Now we have 27 followers! (^з^)-☆ Is the art on your tumblr yours? It's great!
@Shack_Keeper Yeah, but I hope boys give it a try too. Thank you for your support!

I'm going to create a recruitment thread now. ( *`ω´) Hopefully there's someone out there who wants to help me.

EDIT Correction: 29 followers. Gosh, you guys are fast.

EDIT Again.

There's now a recruitment thread, a facebook page and a support bar for you to use!

Recruitment thread

Facebook page

Support bar:

eBjHMCT.png

Welp. I'm tired now. Gotta study for my math test. See you guys later!

Edited by Meiri

I have to admit when I saw the title for this  I was expecting a MLP game.

This looks  like interesting game I'll have to give it a try when its ready.

Ohhh~ This game looks cutely fun! Ceci's logo is adorable as well~~ It's very fitting for the game, I think. 

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why the title is Apple Pie? :)

@Tsarmina Totally agree. It was hard to find a decent apple pie image, tough. There was even people sitting on apple pies, orz.

Yes, there is! But it's a secret~ You'll only find out in the very end of the game.

EDIT: Allusion has voluntered to work as the artist! Hooray!

I've updated the recruitment thread. Now all we need is a pixel artist and a composer~

Edited by Meiri
Allusion likes this

@Meiri! This looks so kawaii (cute) ^_^ I like apple pies ^_^ LOL hehehe~

@Kotori-chan Thank you for your support! And Apple pies are pretty yummy. Bummer that most of the girls on Lucia's school seem to dislike it. :P

I like pie of any kind :D How can anyone dislike it? Aiiiiyaa. *tsk tsk*

The apple pie image blends really well then :o I thought it was drawn with the logo! ^^

@Tsarmina I used to hate apple pies, but then one day I said "I want to eat an apple pie" and became a fan from then on.

Yes, it really blends well! :) That's why I liked it so much~

Lil update: I've been contacted by a pixel artist! They just started working today. Everything is working out somehow! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Edited by Meiri

Update! (double post is allowed after 3 days, right?)

If you haven't seen it already on the game's dev blog, from now on I'll post weekly updates on the blog every Tuesday! Instead of the separate posts I've been doing, you'll find screenies, quotes and features all in one post! ☆彡 Also - the artist's and pixel artist's info has been added in the "Team" page. ( *`ω´)

@Heartfeltcurse I sure hope it is! (^з^)-☆

On an unrelated note... what do you guys think of voice acting? The demo is most surely not going to have them, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. How would I even find voice actress, anyway? The questions... ϵ( 'Θ' )϶

@Heartfeltcurse I sure hope it is! (^з^)-☆

On an unrelated note... what do you guys think of voice acting? The demo is most surely not going to have them, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. How would I even find voice actress, anyway? The questions... ϵ( 'Θ' )϶

Just ask, I guess.

I'm not sure how many RPG Maker games have voice acting, but it'd probably be a pretty novel thing. I say go for it, if you can.

There's a thread somewhere on these forums on the subject of voice acting. It raises some really good points

@SpookyMothman Hmm, thanks for your input. I'll try finishing the demo before I make a decision.

@Heartfeltcurse I think I know which one you're talking about. I'll search for it later.

Aaand only two more followers to reach 50! As I said before, I'll reveal one of the girls when we reach that goal. ☆彡

Edit: Meet Erika, Lucia's cheerful friend!

dqnxRm2.png

Also, the blog has a new theme. Hopefully it's easier to read now!

Edited by Meiri
Allusion likes this

@Meiri, pretty nice ^_^ can`t wait to play your game, it kinda reminds me of someone I know xD Well keep up the good work and you got my support :)

@Kotori-chan Thank you for your support! :) Hopefully I'll be able to release a demo around July.

There hasn't been much progress those past 2 days :( I'm too busy with school, but I'm still working on the maps when I find the time.

Hey there! I just wanted to stop by and say GREAT JOB on your project! It is so cute and interesting and I am so excited to see more!  ãƒ½(^Д^)ノ