BluMiu

BluMiu Art

134 posts in this topic

Wow. Last time I was here was some months ago before being swept up by the current of life once more. Let's hope this time pans out
for the better ;) So, I've been a member of RPG Maker in the past doing commissions and art requests, and I'll likely be aiming for that
again as well as maybe having my artwork used in-game if anyone likes it enough. If there are any crucial needs art wise on the site, let
me know and I'll see if I can try my hand at it if unfamiliar. I likely won't be posting everything that I have here, but you can
check it out on either my DA:

http://obsidiantrance.deviantart.com/

or my Pixiv:

http://pixiv.me/transientumbra

Where to start? I guess I'll showcase my most recent art requests as well as my own original art. I'll split them up
and maybe add more categoriies if need be. Enjoy your browsing and hope you like! :D

*NEW*  I am open for commissions now and will be posting details later as to what I will be offering and prices. If you have an

inquiry, just send me a PM and I will get back to you soon as possible!

Commissions/Art Requests

Vesper OC for Noir Ighann

vesper_by_obsidiantrance-d7dule5.png

Stick Em' for SatoshiTakeo

stick_em_by_obsidiantrance-d7f09bt.png

Captive for Ratchet-Halo

captive_by_obsidiantrance-d7g5wvx.png

Birthday Gift for RemsIsan

ali_b_day_gift_by_obsidiantrance-d7iiwt1

Original Artwork

Little Princess Knight

little_princess_knight_by_obsidiantrance

Rema~ Bust

rema_cetrine_merloci_by_obsidiantrance-d

*Update 2/22/15*

Miriam~ Bust

miriam_louisa_arcturus_gavrielle_by_obsi

Between Sodom & Gamorrah

between_sodom_and_gamorrah_by_obsidiantr

*Updated 9/8/14*

Megiddo Amaudio

megiddo_amaudio_by_obsidiantrance-d7d544

The Dark Goddess, Charron

the_dark_goddess__charron_by_obsidiantra

Black Queen & the Angels of Light

black_queen_and_the_angels_of_light_by_o

The Path

the_path_by_obsidiantrance-d7d5ycp.png

Dusk Merloci concept

dusk__new_concept_art_by_obsidiantrance-

What You Are

what_you_are_by_obsidiantrance-d7d52g2.p

Amalgamation

amalgamation_by_obsidiantrance-d7d60ov.j

Ovara Marie

ovara_marie_by_obsidiantrance-d7d5ape.pn

Idai no Hayai Inabakari

idai_no_hayai_inabikari_by_obsidiantranc

Sunset Samurai

samurai_by_obsidiantrance-d7d60c7.png

Edited by BluMiu

Aww...I really want to see your art but my computer has tons of trouble with DA. :'( Would you mind a copy/paste? :)

Did that for you.

lauro_merloci_by_obsidiantrance-d7ijxar.

mother_s_day_by_obsidiantrance-d7i2sjs.p

find_your_way_wip_by_obsidiantrance-d7ho

IMO, you've got a lot of talent for color and eye for detail, but you may want to work on your proportions a little. Quite a few of your works have rather strange face-to-body ratios.

dbchest likes this

Tsarmina- I had the same odd problem as well, but I was hoping it was something on my end. I can upload the artwork from Pixiv and see how that works :)

When I upload new artwork, I'll make sure they are from another site. DA seems to be buggy in certain areas, might not be your computer.

Spectre- I've had that problem for awhile as a learned bad habit. I end up editing so much that I lose the head proportion in comparison to the body at times, or at least

it is apparent when I try certain angles I'm not too good at yet. Hopefully it isn't apparent in my more recent work ^_^ But thank you for the compliment as well! Though

colouring I do need more practice with ;)

PS- Ignore Lauro, though! Lol! He had a big head form the beginning when I drew him and I found it too amusing to change XD

Edited by BluMiu

Oh, there we are! It does look great, you obviously have a lot of raw talent. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been drawing? Are you new, or are you an experienced veteran at this point? :) Your facial proportions may be slightly off too, but I love the blue girl's hair texture. ^-^

Oh, there we are! It does look great, you obviously have a lot of raw talent. Just out of curiosity, how long have you been drawing? Are you new, or are you an experienced veteran at this point? :) Your facial proportions may be slightly off too, but I love the blue girl's hair texture. ^-^

Umm...veteran, lol! I guess I could be considered that :D I've been drawing since I was as young as 5 or 6 and been at it til now. Granted it was pure crap until I was about 14 when I started taking it seriously and forming my own story. I haven't been to school for it, but I plan to continue my education in digital art, with life difficulties getting in the way before.  Thank you very much and uh...about Lauro..."she" is a boy ^_^ lol!

Wow. This is brutal. I really like your style! specially this one: what_you_are_by_obsidiantrance-d7d52g2.p

Astounding work!

Wow, thank you so much! ^_^ I really like this one too. It took me about two days in total hours as I was being careful as could be. I'm sure Dusk is happy I didn't

screw him up this time either~

InvariableZ likes this

Thank you very much and uh...about Lauro..."she" is a boy ^_^ lol!

Waaah, really? I never would've guessed that :o Well...now that I'm studying with your words in mind, I can kind of see...well, I guess I'm just making generalizations ^^" Don't mind me!

Beautiful work above, by the way. Except his deeply delineated philtrum, it's beautiful, and I love the coloring.  :wub:

Not bad at all. As usual, lovely colors and attention to detail (funny enough, I'm fonder of your clouds than the portrait).

Eye symmetry is very far off, and you may want to standardise your light source - given the apparent light source coming in from stage right (at least from the clothes), you may want to darken the left side of the face by a lot.

Not bad at all. As usual, lovely colors and attention to detail (funny enough, I'm fonder of your clouds than the portrait).

Eye symmetry is very far off, and you may want to standardise your light source - given the apparent light source coming in from stage right (at least from the clothes), you may want to darken the left side of the face by a lot.

Hello again! I take it you are referring to "What You Are"? Yes, light sourcing is something else I'm trying to get right but didn't really tamper

with in this one besides the shadowing (if not heavy enough). Aah, I see it now. I didn't want to cut off the eye so I moved it over, and it slightly

lower than the other. Hmm. If I get around to touching up some of them, I'll definitely patch that up :)

Thank you very much and uh...about Lauro..."she" is a boy ^_^ lol!

Waaah, really? I never would've guessed that :o Well...now that I'm studying with your words in mind, I can kind of see...well, I guess I'm just making generalizations ^^" Don't mind me!

Beautiful work above, by the way. Except his deeply delineated philtrum, it's beautiful, and I love the coloring.  :wub:

It would have been better if I put a little about the character, haha! But yes, blue boy is Lauro (masculine form of what would be Laura, so very close).

Don't worry though! I wanted a little bit of confusion for him, so at least it succeeded ^_^

My most recent drawing....

Tools of War

17662.png

Edited by BluMiu

Tools of War doesn't show up for me. ;_;

By the way, in this one:

the portrait work is cute. The grass, on the other hand, could definitely use some work. ;)

BluMiu likes this

Tools of War doesn't show up for me. ;_;

By the way, in this one:

the portrait work is cute. The grass, on the other hand, could definitely use some work. ;)

I just noticed that the link has somehow died as well...very odd. It's not even there. I'll fix that now.

As far as this one goes, truth be told, technically it isn't finished as it should be. Namely, the grass, lol! If you look just to the left

of Rema's head there is a bright green patch. I meant to go over it all and flesh it out but I was too caught up in the rest of it and forgot.

My brother actually pointed it out last night and so, yeah...need to finish that >_> Thank you for pointing it out though, too!

I'm glad you liked the rest of it ;)

If you have Photoshop, there's an amazing grass preset brush that you can create on a separate layer and then use Accented Edges filter and low Gaussian Blur to make it look gorgeous.

If you have Photoshop, there's an amazing grass preset brush that you can create on a separate layer and then use Accented Edges filter and low Gaussian Blur to make it look gorgeous.

I will definitely look into that. I used the grass preset a while back when I had an older version of Photoshop.

Here is a finished work that has been a WIP for some time now...

Always Thinking of You

tumblr_n5uiobt7yn1twkg4lo1_r1_1280.png

Edited by BluMiu

I can see Tools of War now, but now Always Thinking of You is unavailable =.=" This system really likes to trick us up, huh? :)

I can see Tools of War now, but now Always Thinking of You is unavailable =.=" This system really likes to trick us up, huh? :)

Are you serious? Lol! XD This time I can see it but I don't get why it doesn't work for you.

*If anyone else has problems viewing the artwork, please let me know so I can fix it for you!*

Hopefully this one works for you...

tumblr_n5uiobt7yn1twkg4lo1_r1_1280.png

Are you serious? Lol! XD This time I can see it but I don't get why it doesn't work for you.

*If anyone else has problems viewing the artwork, please let me know so I can fix it for you!*

Hopefully this one works for you...

tumblr_n5uiobt7yn1twkg4lo1_1280.jpg

Update 10/26/14

*Just added some lighting effects with OpenCanvas...

46408924_p0.png

Edited by BluMiu
lianderson likes this

Face proportions now become a more prominent issue when you engage the side profile, but I love the rough sketch of the background that you did. Gives a very nice feel to it. I won't comment too much on background details since it's a quick sketch, after all.

Somehow the background and the foreground feel a little misaligned; perhaps it's the proximity at which the background's buildings and the foreground. They shouldn't actually be parallel. Either way, consider working with one VP (vanishing point, i.e. where all of your building lines converge) when it comes to buildings, even if you're doing both an interior and an exterior.

Apart from that though, I really laud your effort at trying out both interior and exterior designs concurrently, as well as using a side profile (unlike that redhead above, heh heh. I still owe you that challenge, Tsar.) Very unique. Too many people doing a full-frontal picture or 45 degree frontal profile.

Apart from that though, I really laud your effort at trying out both interior and exterior designs concurrently, as well as using a side profile (unlike that redhead above, heh heh. I still owe you that challenge, Tsar.) Very unique. Too many people doing a full-frontal picture or 45 degree frontal profile.

(Meanie. I was sketching side profiles today! :P)

----

I love the makeup design, BluMiu. Great choice, very gothic. ^-^ Of course, there are some shading issues under the eyes, framing the face, but that doesn't really matter. Great job as usual :)

(Meanie. I was sketching side profiles today! :P)

----

I love the makeup design, BluMiu. Great choice, very gothic. ^-^ Of course, there are some shading issues under the eyes, framing the face, but that doesn't really matter. Great job as usual :)

Thank  ya~ ;) Ah yes, the shading. I'll make those quick fixes and as always, I appreciated your wonderful comments! I really do. You are like...everywhere O_O Omnipotent being...wait. Your name really is Redhead...Lol! XD Alas, thank you all the same ^_^

*This one is older than the rest, but I am in a mood to colour so I gave breath to this

one once more :)

Adoni

tumblr_n5wpvyJt4H1twkg4lo1_500.png

Edited by BluMiu

I think something is wrong with my computer :( I can never see your images the first time. Same with Adoni TT^TT Upsetness! GRRRARRRRRRRR *attacks monitor with smash combo*

Anyway....

While we're at it, I feel like I've seen your art style before. :x Did you ever have another page on here or something? Something about the way you draw seems kind of familiar~

I think something is wrong with my computer :( I can never see your images the first time. Same with Adoni TT^TT Upsetness! GRRRARRRRRRRR *attacks monitor with smash combo*

Anyway....

While we're at it, I feel like I've seen your art style before. :x Did you ever have another page on here or something? Something about the way you draw seems kind of familiarI

Actually this time around the image was broken some how. I have no idea what is with the images working then not working...

I started one up about two months ago but I had some things going on that didn't allow me the time to come back, so I think it was taken down? I looked for it but couldn't find the

thread. Wasn't much art on it, but other than that I have been on VX in the past years ago and did some commissions.

Innocenza Chapter I Illustration artwork

Been writing for the past few days now and felt kinda lazy about not drawing anything. My

solution was to start illustration art for my story for each chapter (around 20, I believe). Hope

you like~

tumblr_n6d9jautYV1twkg4lo1_1280.png

I love the texture, especially on that tree. :) Is it all going to be sepia-colored?

Yep~ I make do some touch-ups and the border, but as it is right now is how it will remain.