Advanced Member

• 548 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

CSCA Monster Movement v1.3
By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)
Last Update: April 23rd

Introduction
This script updates event movement routes based on when the player moves. Move routes for events not set up for use with this script are not affected.
Aka, this will make your monster events move like in Lufia II.

Features
- Choose which events are affected by player steps
- Many new move route types listed below and in script.
- Different move speeds for these events, listed below and in script.
- Ability to stun these events for an amount of steps you specify.
- Ability to change surprise attack/preemptive strike rate if the event runs into you from the side/behind or if you run into the event from the side/behind.

MOVE ROUTE TYPES:
RANDOM is the same as the default random.
TOWARD is the same as the default toward.
CUSTOM is the same as the default custom. CUSTOM will ignore a FAST speed.
OPPOSITE will make the event move opposite of the player.
LEFT_RIGHT will make the event move left or right randomly.
UP_DOWN will make the event move up or down randomly.
SAME will make the event move the same as the player.
RANDOM_NO_WAIT is the same as the default random, without the possibility of no movement.
AVOID will make the event try to avoid contact with the player.

SPEED TYPES:
No speed type will make the event move once every step the player takes.
FAST will make the event move twice every step the player takes. Will only move once every step the player takes for move route type: CUSTOM
SLOW will make the event move once every 2 steps the player takes.
VERY_SLOW will make the event move once every 4 steps the player takes.

Update 1.1
-Increased compatibility
-Optimized
-Fixed fast random_no_wait move type and fast random move type.

Update 1.2
-Event commands no longer trigger if event is stunned(minus autorun/parallel).
-Able to respawn events temporarily erased without transferring player to a different map, and return events to their starting position when transferring from the same map.

Update 1.3
- Events will no longer pass through a set region ID, unless otherwise specified.
- Fixed events ignoring comments after save load.

Screenshots
Not needed.

How to Use
Place in your materials section. Further setup required, instructions included in script. If you don't understand something, chances are the demo will explain it.

Demo
1.5MB download here: LINK

Script
Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK

FAQ
None yet.

Credit
Casper Gaming

Terms
http://www.caspergam...rms_of_use.html

Edited by casper667, 22 January 2013 - 01:48 AM.

#2 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

This script has been updated. The updated version increases compatibility by aliasing more, and it also has been optimized. A few bug fixes with fast move routes have also been fixed. Both the text file and Demo have the correct version of the script! Enjoy :)

Update 1.1
-Increased compatibility
-Optimized
-Fixed fast random_no_wait move type and fast random move type.

#3 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

Sry for only me commenting, but I figured I should bump to let people know the script has been updated. Anyways, the script has been updated again, this time adding more features listed below :)

Update 1.2
-Event commands no longer trigger if event is stunned(minus autorun/parallel).
-Able to respawn events temporarily erased without transferring player to a different map, and return events to their starting position when transferring from the same map.

#4 geluf

geluf

Advanced Member

• 74 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

I can't believe no one has commented yet. I'll break the silence! I'm really digging this script. I've wanted more options for my on-screen monsters and this script fits the bill nicely!

Well done.

#5 Ice Nick

Ice Nick

Advanced Member

• 150 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yep, very good!
I noticed however in the demo, If I get the first strike, the rest of the battles will give me first strike. I had the slime run into me while I was facing another direction and I had the upper hand.

How does the back attack and first strike work? I want to apply that to my game, every time you attack an enemy from behind is first strike and vise versa.

Edited by Ice Nick, 26 April 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#6 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Before battle processing, you'd use this script call in your event: $game_map.csca_back_side_attack(x)
where 'x' is the event's ID.

This will modify the surprise/preemptive rate based on which direction the player and event are facing, and add the values you specify in the module to the surprise/preemptive rate. So, if you want side attacks to result in surprise attacks half the time, set SIDE_SURPRISE to 0.47 (47%), the default surprise chance which I believe is 0.03 (3%) is added to the value, so make sure you take that into account. Setting a value to 1 would make it occur 100% of the time.

In the demo I must have just forgotten to clear the modified surprise/preemptive rates, since it doesn't clear automatically.
To return the surprise/preemptive value to normal, you'd use this script call:
$game_map.csca_clear_modify

The demo has an outdated version of the script, so there may be a few errors or bugs in it. The text file link has the most recent version, which should be working. :)

#7 brushfe

brushfe

• 26 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Looks incredible — can't wait to try this out. I'm interested in the kind of strategy this will add to encounters; when to avoid, when to tackle, and figuring out how to get around them. Thanks a lot!

Edited by brushfe, 26 April 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#8 Chantal

Chantal

Advanced Member

• 128 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

This is an amazing sript! The possibilities are endless.

It's just that I can't quite get it working exactly the way I like. You see, I want the enemy to respawn after 4 seconds if the party ran, or 10 seconds if they won the fight. This much I've got working :)
However, I'm unsure where I should put the 'erase event' in such a case?

Also, I have a feeling I'm not using the script call "$game_map.csca_get_monster_events" in the right way, because that's probably the option that should enable me to erase the events, yet have them respawn.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks again for the script :)
Here's a picture with how the event is set up:
Spoiler

userbar_by_master_pixel-d7uo592.png <-- The best logo shop you'll ever see. 

#9 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• 548 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hmm, this script does not automatically allow you to unerase events, it just does it every transfer. You could try this script call, though I am not sure if it will work.

$game_map.csca_samemap_transfer_setup(map_id)

Change the map_id to the map's ID that you are currently in.

The $game_map.csca_get_monster_events script call is not really used for much anymore since this script updates monster events automatically now instead of just every transfer, but it's left in there in case you run into a weird situation where this script would not recognize a monster event.

Edited by casper667, 09 May 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#10 Jolt Android

Jolt Android

Jolt Android

• 243 posts
  • LocationCanadian living in Korea

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

I really like this script... sorry for necroposting, but is it possible to make it compatible with Yanfly's ATB system?

I can use it with YEA Battle Engine Ace, but as soon as I put the ATB system script in, preemptive and surprise strikes stop happening...

KOTPsmall_zps9dced9d0.png

Part I features 10 hours of gameplay goodness! Download Link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users