somewhat proudly presents

SSx4R2p.png

ZlXtH8S.pngvyXCybO.png6nTjFad.pngga6NETi.pngshQ1FcS.png

rI3SkDy.pngAHd3aVJ.pngOsg6n0Y.pngepjvdyY.pngZqwrsVc.png

A game in development by Tsarmina

1CAvaJV.png

Introduction (Tsarmina)
"Didn't your mommy teach you it's polite to say hello?"
I'm Tsarmina, resident redhead, global moderator, and misleading cutie. I first began using VX Ace in the summer of 2013, with no previous programming experience. So bear with me, because I’m still learning. ^-^ Ariel’s plot came into my mind, in the form of fragments of inspiration, when I was just ten years old. Since that time, it has evolved greatly in the back of my mind, and has returned not as a novel but as a game. Despite its title and relation to water, Ariel is not inspired by the Little Mermaid.

Ariel is a MIST Games production. MIST stands for each of my four personalities—Minzy Lin, Ies Dejarnette, Soizelle Ravenscar, and Tsarmina Vernehawke.
C6ZKx0H.png

Thanks for supporting me in my endeavour, as I am working on this project as a one-man team.

Story (Ariel)
"Time is a continuum, ever flowing, ever moving."
Atlantis is regarded as a myth, where mermaids swim and water swirls. In truth, Atlantis does exist. Of course, this is only a legend in the mind of high-school swimmer Ariel. But beyond her fantasies of shimmer-tailed beauties and clear water lies a real world of witches, elves, angels, felini, avi, and yes, mermaydes. Ruled by a tyrannical queen, Atlantis is about to be thrown into boiling turmoil by the battling political organizations that are rising, ready to destroy the queen's rule once and for all.

Cast (Elise)
"Who am I?"

Spoiler

Screenshots (Safire)
"Look into my eyes and tell me what you see."
Spoiler

Terminology (Nadeshiko)
"I don't think you understand. Let me explain this to you."
Spoiler

Gameplay: (Sasha)
"Rules of the game...."
Spoiler

Features (nemesis)
"Ice cream isn't good unless you have a cherry on top."

Spoiler

Future plans (Pharhan)
"Live in the present, live for the future."  
Spoiler

Credits (Cordelia)
"I can't live without you."
Spoiler

Support (Deinara)
Support me and Ariel! Here's a fair share of support bars which you can pick from. (Or you can pick ALL of them!) Just highlight, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V into your signature. ...Oh wait, those aren't up yet either. Under construction, fellas. Under construction.

To check out some more art by me in the same style as Ariel, take a quick detour to my Resource Laboratory!

6LOfEM3.png

Dev log (Max)
Most Recent Update: 08.29.14: Screenie added :)
Archived Updates:

Spoiler

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#2 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

-reserved space-

*hesitates*

*sighs*

It's finally up! I can die in peace now haha! 

Those of you who check my lab on a regular or possibly not so regular basis, I have been hinting very heavily at the game I'm making--called Ariel. Well, here she is! This is a really rough/drafty/alpha version, and I'll definitely be polishing it up as time goes on.

*nervousness*

It took courage to post this  :ph34r:

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#3 When Bugs Roam Ur House

When Bugs Roam Ur House

swagYOLOJustinBieber420#SelfieMagicBulletSnuggie

• Content Team
  • 793 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Nice! I'm excited to see how you update this thread.

..Your maps are gorgeous. *_* I wish i could make a game already.

Hopefully you will stay motivated on this. Gl. : )

• : D My *updated* tips-to-draw-guys thread! : D 

pn4XHxq.jpg

• Doing free sketches  My Art Thread 

#4 LadyMinerva

LadyMinerva

♥The Ghost Princess~♥

• + Premium Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationHakugyukurou Manor ♥~幻想郷の世界~♥ ♥The Fantasy Duo♥
  • RM Skill - Designer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:41 PM

This is quite beautiful! ^_^ I was curious about you project since that last response to my update about having 500 MB or so. xD

Now I see why... ..probably not but those fancy parallax maps are probably one reason lol.

I hope to see this in action/the future once your project develops. I'm excited as well to try it out! ^_^

♥-Visit our current Touhou project! Made by LadyMinerva & Kotori-chan!-♥

7PCThlS.pnglWlXJlZ.png7PCThlS.png

♥-Minerva's Mapping Emporium! Coming very later to the forums!-♥

7PCThlS.pngHv5FaeB.png7PCThlS.png

♥♥

ISupport your dreams!~♥

Spoiler

#5 Allusion

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for cupcakes!) ♛

• Content Team
  • 403 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:22 AM

Omg, yay! I'm so happy to see Ariel! WHOO-WHOOO! *pops confetti*

I, unfortunately, found this post right as I need to go to bed. But I'll be returning to take more of it in. (And especially to read up on the bios!) Still, based on what I've seen, even for a thread under construction, this looks really great, Tsar! I give you mad props for undertaking such a highly complex game, with the multitude of routes and player choice involved. I can't even begin to imagine what mad eventing skillz this is going to take, lol. I'll be excited to see how it all comes together. I also really like the moral ambiguity factor; I can tell this game will need to be watched very closely. 

Also, this line really stuck out to me: “The art of killing is a beautiful one. I am an artist, and a well-trained one at that.”

I now slightly fear Mathieux as a result. @0@

Elise reminds me soooooo much of one of my game's MC's, Esther. I seriously could not stop smiling at how much like a big sis she'd sound to her! (At least, the one she's always wanted.) Totally cool~!

Can't wait to see where this goes, hun! And I know how scary releasing one's hard work can be, but you've nothing to fear! Ariel is shaping up well~  :D

ravenclaw.png

"Virtually everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

~*My commission shop*~

support.png

tumblr_lre86uny3j1r35xuzo1_400.png

People I support:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

RPG Personality:

Spoiler

#6 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:31 PM

Aaaah~ ^w^ It makes me feel happy and fluttery that people like it~ 

Nice! I'm excited to see how you update this thread.

..Your maps are gorgeous. *_* I wish i could make a game already.

Hopefully you will stay motivated on this. Gl. : )

Thanks Bugs :) I really appreciate the words of encouragement! And hehe I'm not that good at mapping imo. Honestly, I pretty much just started parallaxing. Interior is easier than exterior though, for me. (Hence, no exterior maps up so far :\ Mostly because I haven't made any) And don't lose hope! I'm sure you can make a great game if you put your mind to it :) The problem is finding something that you're really dedicated to so deeply that you wouldn't be able to bear not continuing. Best of luck with that~ Projects can be hard to continue, I understand.

This is quite beautiful! ^_^ I was curious about you project since that last response to my update about having 500 MB or so. xD

Now I see why... ..probably not but those fancy parallax maps are probably one reason lol.

I hope to see this in action/the future once your project develops. I'm excited as well to try it out! ^_^

Thanks~ ^-^ Yeah, the project file is huge! Not to mention all the graphics, and yes the parallax maps are probably killing my space \(O_o)"/ I really appreciate it.

Omg, yay! I'm so happy to see Ariel! WHOO-WHOOO! *pops confetti*

I, unfortunately, found this post right as I need to go to bed. But I'll be returning to take more of it in. (And especially to read up on the bios!) Still, based on what I've seen, even for a thread under construction, this looks really great, Tsar! I give you mad props for undertaking such a highly complex game, with the multitude of routes and player choice involved. I can't even begin to imagine what mad eventing skillz this is going to take, lol. I'll be excited to see how it all comes together. I also really like the moral ambiguity factor; I can tell this game will need to be watched very closely. 

Also, this line really stuck out to me: “The art of killing is a beautiful one. I am an artist, and a well-trained one at that.”

I now slightly fear Mathieux as a result. @0@

Elise reminds me soooooo much of one of my game's MC's, Esther. I seriously could not stop smiling at how much like a big sis she'd sound to her! (At least, the one she's always wanted.) Totally cool~!

Can't wait to see where this goes, hun! And I know how scary releasing one's hard work can be, but you've nothing to fear! Ariel is shaping up well~  :D

YAAAAY, thanks Allusion :D Your replies are always highly encouraging and keep me motivated :) Yeah, the bios can be a little overwhelming. So many people, but I couldn't bear to cut any of them out ;_; And they're all so important in their own way. Lol yes the game is frustratingly hard to make, it's been quite a while now and I haven't evented any large plot-based things yet. It's gonna be a long road ahead *stares at the wilderness*

I'm glad you made that comment about Mathieux by the way. ^^" Yes, he's supposed to be very....unusually scary. Fear is good! He likes fear! And "art," if you catch my drift. O_o

Ooh, that's definitely cool :) I'll definitely have to keep that in mind. Maybe they have a mental connection ;) Do you have a game post up yet? I can't quite recall at this point, sorry D: If so, I definitely need to reread it. ^-^

------------

I really appreciate all the comments you guys have left ^-^ I'll be updating over the course of the next few weeks to get this polished up (and my maps made...yeah....) and I definitely need to edit dem profiles....it's like walls of text at the moment....urghhh.

Thanks for all the support! :D

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#7 KilloZapit

KilloZapit

FAIRY DUST! FAIRY DUST FOR EVERYONE! WHEE!

• Ace Member
  • 2,533 posts
  • LocationFairyland!
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hmmm... some of the features remind me of the kind of thing I was thinking of with my encounter escalation system idea. It's kinda nice to see more games that are designed around battles that didn't have to be lethal or even openly hostile!

You should give Ariel a brother or sister named Helvetica. :P Okay okay that joke would make more sense if it were spelled Arial...

#8 Allusion

Allusion

• Content Team
  • 403 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Oh, no, I haven't posted anything haha. I'm still making tons of dummy maps and test situations to make sure my features aren't overwhelming or clunky to use. Q^Q

Oh! And I also wanted to compliment the tiles you're using~ I really like those beds and bookshelves! Customizing tiles is almost therapeutic for me, lol. Also, interior maps are way easier than exterior for me as well.  :)

ravenclaw.png

"Virtually everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

~*My commission shop*~

support.png

People I support:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

RPG Personality:

Spoiler

#9 Wren

Wren

Paragon/Renegade

• Ace Member
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

Wow, looking like a promising project with potential!

Uh, the alliteration was unintended, but the sentiment is sincere!

Good luck on this, and looking forward to any updates with anticipation! 

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

#10 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hmmm... some of the features remind me of the kind of thing I was thinking of with my encounter escalation system idea. It's kinda nice to see more games that are designed around battles that didn't have to be lethal or even openly hostile!

You should give Ariel a brother or sister named Helvetica. :P Okay okay that joke would make more sense if it were spelled Arial...

Oh, I did see that topic! Yeah, I always wondered, who just wanders up and start hacking away at random enemies? Who even said they were your enemies?

Or Pristina or Chaucer. :3 Tbh though I always wanted a relative named Mistral

Oh, no, I haven't posted anything haha. I'm still making tons of dummy maps and test situations to make sure my features aren't overwhelming or clunky to use. Q^Q

Oh! And I also wanted to compliment the tiles you're using~ I really like those beds and bookshelves! Customizing tiles is almost therapeutic for me, lol. Also, interior maps are way easier than exterior for me as well.  :)

You should post :D I'd definitely check it out! I'm sure it's gorgeous ;)

Thanks! I messed around with some tiles for later on in the game as well~ 

Wow, looking like a promising project with potential!

Uh, the alliteration was unintended, but the sentiment is sincere!

Good luck on this, and looking forward to any updates with anticipation! 

Thanks, Wren ^-^ I appreciate the words of encouragement hehe :) I'll see if I can update soon!

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#11 kaz

kaz

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 1,908 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Other

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

This looks beautiful - support bars asap please.

tumblr_mkm22ibXrb1qdm7rno8_250.gif

#12 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the eager support kaz :) I'll see if I can get one up ASAP! ^-^

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#13 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:06 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo lyyyyyyfeeeeeeeee whyyyyyyyyy....you give me no time to do the things I love anymore.....

Just as a quick update, since this topic really doesn't actually tell that much about the game itself, I thought I'd spend a bit of time talking about some of the playable characters. If you were able to get through the Features without falling asleep or the Gameplay, you'll know I have ten playable characters in this game, each of them with a highly interesting and unique but yet connected storyline. O_o

Naturally, since the game is called Ariel, I thought I'd spend some time on Ariel. :)

LfQBN55.png

For the last time, yes, she has eyebrows! Don't fret!

Ariel is technically the central protagonist of the story. Mind, this was back when Ariel was just a story and not a game yet :)

It may be odd, but despite her playing that role, I haven't been able to develop Ariel as much as I would like. Not because I haven't spent time on it or can't relate to her....I just haven't been able to develop her as much as I would like to. *wishes desperately for an RP*

I made Ariel originally to be a typical heroine character: brave, loyal, flawed in ways that she could eventually overcome; thrown into a mysterious world that she didn't know anything about and would have to master and eventually become a major part of. In a way, she still is; Ariel is probably the most flexible character in the story/game, since she wasn't originally part of the Atlantisian world and therefore she has so many different options to lead in this "new life" of hers. After a while though, Ariel became a little less of a physically heroic character and more of a philosophical and intelligent character, which makes sense in context of the game (it is highly political, after all! :))

When it comes to action though, Ariel is still a "warrior" type class, though I have to admit she looks great with her fencing sword rather than a typical weapon. ^-^

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#14 Allusion

Allusion

• Content Team
  • 403 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:04 AM

Yus! I'm glad you're getting into some of the characters more~ (Characters are my favorite part of any game/story.) 

Ariel is so pretty, and definitely looks like a thinker/dreamer in her picture. I totally get what you mean when a main character isn't as developed as you'd like. It's always frustrating, but the good news is that she's as solid as she is! (I really hate the ones that you're not sure you'll end up keeping in the end. Or else they end up changing drastically within the span of a week. @-@)

Can't wait to see more! :3

ravenclaw.png

~*My commission shop*~

support.png

People I support:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

RPG Personality:

Spoiler

#15 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

I love characters way too much ;w; Sometimes I just make characters when I'm bored because they're so fun to create and develop. I just wish Ariel was easier for me, sadness. >.<" I already omitted a few characters because they didn't really seem distinct to me, but arghhhh it made my heart hurt to cut them out. I'm considering combining/omitting Tina and the Mayehawke twins as well, but....I feel like I just can't.....(_A_)" The struggle is real. You guys understand. ^^

Imma definitely keep developing! Just wish I had time for maps. :(

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#16 HumanNinja

HumanNinja

The Deceptively Honest

• Ace Member
  • 960 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

I just wanted to throw you my support! Since you started the topic, I've been keeping up with it. Everything looks very promising, like it's going to be one of those epics! I wish you the best and I'll continue to follow your game throughout its development.

#17 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

Thanks Ninja ^-^ I'm glad it's considered to have a promising future! Epic is hard to live up to, haha. :) But hey, I'll definitely try. Reminds me that I need to keep working on the art for this game >.< And get a support bar up!

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#18 Knighterius

Knighterius

Possessed Apple

• Ace Member
  • 888 posts
  • LocationUnderneathe an Apple Tree
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

Woaaaaaahhhhhhh! *eats an apple while staring at the screenshots* they make my maps look like I am a noob, well I am a noob but that isn't the point, well that is the point but the main point is.....Brillianto with a slice of Molto Bene and that's probably the biggest compliment I can give, like for some reason those screenshots make me hungry. Yumyum in my tumtum! ^~^ I'm so weird xD

"Come, Come, Dance with me under the moonlight, my sweet...dance until our feet bleed..."-The Enigma 

sWeCKF9.png14xl08o.png

I support the following brilliant people:

Spoiler

And the list goes on: 

Spoiler

Alons-y!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

#19 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,226 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

ILY Knighterius ;w; The gratitude is palpable. Can you feel it in the air?? Because I sure can~ :D

Tbh, I haven't been parallaxing very long, and I've only made like 5 of them ;_; Hence the lack of screenshots. The second one IS of a bakery, maybe it's making you hungry for a baguette with butter and a pumpkin spice drink....:)

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#20 Knighterius

Knighterius

Possessed Apple

• Ace Member
  • 888 posts
  • LocationUnderneathe an Apple Tree
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Did a global moderator by the alias of Tsarmina just say that she loves me? :') Well boil be brown and call me a potato, ILY..with slight modifications...ILYT (I love you too) hehe I can definitely feel it in the air! :D *tries grabbing it* definitely palpable. :D

And just between you and I and whoever reads this....I don't know how to parallax map, I just don't know where to start. :(. Oooo! Well I thought it might have be....that sounds delicious....wow I need to go to France and get the good stuff xD

Oo, and so this doesn't get off topic ^~^ The bakery looks really warm and vibrant 

"Come, Come, Dance with me under the moonlight, my sweet...dance until our feet bleed..."-The Enigma 

sWeCKF9.png14xl08o.png

I support the following brilliant people:

Spoiler

And the list goes on: 

Spoiler

Alons-y!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpg maker vx ace, the showroom, tsarmina, ariel, fantasy adventure, custom, multiple storylines, politics, ignore these tags for now, longest game post ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users