By: Casper Gaming (Casper667)
Last Update: March 7, 2013
Latest Version: 3.0.3
This script creates an encyclopedia, with the option to insert it into the default main menu. The encyclopedia contains a seperate list for items, armors, weapons, and monsters(called bestiary). You can also create your own custom categories. See screenshots for more info.
- Option to add this script to main menu or not(to increase compatibility w/ custom menu scripts).
- Six lists all in one scene for items, armors, weapons, skills, states and monsters.
- What information displayed for each item is listed below.
- Each category can be disabled easily.
- Everything is set to undiscovered at start of game. When player gains items, or defeats monsters, they are automatically discovered
- Displays total discovered for each item type.
- Create your own custom categories!
Version 1.1(April 14th, 2012):
- Added ability to set enemy/item/etc. to discovered through script call.
- Bestiary MaxHP and MaxMP listed at top of parameters now instead of bottom.
- Ability to restrict which items, armors, weapons, and enemies are shown to the player based on their ID(you can restrict which ID the list goes up to). Explained more in script.
Version 1.2(April 29th, 2012):
- No more max item count! Now if you don't want an item or enemy or whatever to show up in a list, simply put this notetag in its notebox: <csca enc exclude>
Version 2.0(June 17, 2012):
- Resized the windows to display more info on each item.
- Added skills and states to the encyclopedia.
- All commands(bestiary, items, etc.) are now able to be disabled.
- Changed colors of some text.
- Fixed bug with item occasion of Never.
- Made code more efficient.
Version 2.0b(June 17, 2012):
- Removed add to menu option. Use the CSCA Menu Organizer for that instead.
Version 2.1(July 12, 2012):
- Added option to use a custom image for skills/items/etc. instead of just using the blown up icon for said skill/item/etc. Size of image is 72x72.
- Added ability to change x coordinate of stat amounts.
- Added ability to customize order encyclopedia lists are shown.
Version 2.2(August 13, 2012):
-Windows now resize properly with different resolutions.
Version 2.2b(September 6, 2012):
- Optimized script.
- Added ability to set amount of a certain enemy defeated.
Version 2.2c(September 11, 2012):
-Param text is now aligned correctly automatically.
Version 3.0(October 6, 2012):
- Divided the totals window into 2 separate windows, one shows total completion %, the other shows category completion %.
- Added support for CSCA Achievement System.
- Users can now create their own custom categories.
Version 3.0.1(October 14, 2012):
-You can now order custom categories and default categories any way you want.
Version 3.0.2(October 21, 2012):
-Added ability to change descriptions of custom entries.
Version 3.0.3(March 7, 2013):
- Compatibility patch for CSCA Currency System
BESTIARY: Shows enemy sprite(centered), name, currency gain, exp gain, 3 drop items, number of that enemy defeated, enemy parameters, location found, and custom note.
ITEMS: Shows sprite (stretched bigger), item name, key item status, price, HP Effect, MP Effect, TP Gain, success rate, occasion(menu/battle/none/both), state applications and removals, number in possession, and custom note.
WEAPONS: Shows sprite (stretched bigger), weapon name, price, type, parameters, speed bonus, state applications, attack element, number in possession, and custom note.
ARMORS: Shows sprite (stretched bigger), armor name, slot, price, type, parameters, state resists, and special effects(such as 2x gold), number in possession, and custom note.
SKILLS: Shows sprite(stretched bigger), skill name, tp and mp cost, element, damage type, state application and removal, scope, occasion, price(req. csca skill shop), critical, variance, and custom note.
STATES: Shows sprite(stretched bigger), state name, priority, restriction, removal types, chance of removal, max turns affected, min turns affected, and custom note.
CUSTOM CATEGORY: Image, name, 2 optional short pieces of data, long description area.
Bestiary(monster sprite view)
How to Use
Place in your materials section. Further setup optional, instructions included in script.
Text file is found here(copy and paste everything into your script editor in the materials section): LINK
To easily add this script to the main menu, please use the CSCA Menu Organizer: LINK
Requires CSCA Core Script to work properly - Get it here!
1. I get an error when I try to open the encyclopedia?
Most likely you tried opening it from a saved game. This script requires initialization(happens automatically on new games). For testing if you are unwilling to start a new game,
you can try this script call: $game_party.csca_init_encyclopedia
however this will erase all previous encyclopedia data!
Edited by casper667, 07 March 2013 - 06:50 AM.