• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  

63 posts in this topic

I welcome you to...                   

uvmESXS.png

brought to you by:

6IsA6s3.png

Genre: Indie Horror/Puzzle

CodeFjP.png

If you're looking for a game that isn't grim and sad then I am sorry to disappoint but this game is not for you...or perhaps you could alter the story by the choices you make? Let's put your morals to the test. 

“The mind of one who wishes to forget tries their very hardest to remember a lieâ€

In a world where friendship and love is cherished

“Does this mean we will be together forever?â€

Two twin sisters want to live together forever...

“Well that’s what it says here in dad’s book...â€

So they take their father’s old book of rituals

“It says: ‘Those in which love each other can be together for eternity’.â€

And slowly begin reading it

“Do we have all that we need to do it, Bella?â€

They were only fourteen and still could barely read

“Yes, everything is here...â€

1 knife, 2 spiritual papers, and two pure souls were all they needed

“I love you, Bella...â€

Bella takes her sister’s hand and cuts it with the knife

“I love you, too.â€

She cuts her own hand afterwards and begins with the ritual

“Forever...â€

They both begin to hum the lullaby just as it is said in the book but things don’t exactly go to plan....

Bella, one of the sisters, wakes up alone in a room with no exits, barely being able to remember anything. All she can remember is the screams of her sister that she tries to block out. Being confronted by a mysterious little boy he tells her of where she is but just as she goes to ask why she is here he vanishes.

Can you save Bella and find out what happened to her sister? Or is she merely doomed to suffer for eternity? Your choice.

rv6ufWy.png

Bella: 

0C6N5mm.png " It's alright," Bella takes a deep breath, "Just like a good story fear lies in the mind". Despite where she is her fear seems fake yet believable...

Lucarius:

fvKvAwo.png "Such a pitiful young girl, always like your mother..." A hard and bitter old man; perhaps if Bella's mother hadn't died he'd be a different man. He's always been busy in his books of Alchemy and incantations. As much as Bella likes to believe he is a nice man; he isn't. After the death of Bella's mother it is said that he had gone insane and locked himself away in the basement of his house.

Krill (little boy):

Hv4DuZb.png"hehe, Your mind is my boat and through the sea of your memories do I float hehe..."

Probably knows more about you than you know yourself. This mysterious man is Bella's guide in the Pandemonium Abyss; however, he isn't telling Bella everything he knows.

Mr Apple Pumpledear:

L32GTLn.png "Well howdy-doody! How can I be of service to ya', pretty lady?" This fine young apple will definitely stick around in your mind for reasons that may be good or bad...your choice...He's caring, dashing and has quite the cute personality! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!   :D 

More to be added at a later date, however, at this time I wish not to add anymore because they are under construction. These being: Bella's friends.

WSd3bXa.png

Credits:

Game:
Twin Souls

System:
RPG MakerVx Ace

Graphics:
Allusion (Bella's faceset and concept)
Kotori-Chan (Bella's sprite)
Tsarmina (apple sprite and bread sprite)
Mack
Enterbrain
LazyV
Celianna 
Izu
Charlesthehurst

Scripts:
MogHunter
Yanfly
Omegas7
Yami
Hehe oh...and DrDhoom...and he knows why heh....
Neon Black
Modern Algebra 
Napoleon
Victor Sant...

Music:

Pans Labyrinth Swedish Lullaby

I'm pretty sure I have forgot some people so in later screenshots please let me know hehe

VIYSDr5.png

Non Linear story  

Umm...Tsar's apple :3 

Amazing storyline you've probably never witnessed before *I said probably* :P

wSXEOpg.png

x5wTJta.pngRjceXQb.png

spB7F8r.png

Thanks everyone!! :D ^~^ I hope you'll follow 

this with style~ hehe if you notice anything bad about it just let me know xD like in terms of bad screenshots? idk xD

Like how it's looking? Well support the game with these! :)

qTEFrai.png

3Xjme1H.png

OOO!!! Speacial thanks to Izu for my SIG! :D ^~^ also another special thanks to Minerva who helped me with Parallax mapping xD. oo! And my inspiration. He probably doesn't remember me but long ago I said to a user: LusterMx that I'd thank him in my game, this isn't the game I was making back then of course but still!! :D Thank you, LusterMX for being my inspiration with your brilliant Lunar Wish: Orbs of Fate. :) 

Special thanks to Kayako for taking the time out to help me with the lighting scripts of Victor and for that special dropbox link...^~^

Another special thanks to the amazing Dymdez for his great eventing skills. :)

Here is!!!! The intro! :D Enjoy

Edited by Knighterius
Allusion, NH97, Cyanic and 10 others like this

APPROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAL AND AWESOOOOOOOOOOMENEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D

Hey Knighty! :) This is looking really good! I'm so pumped for this...err...despite the fact that I can't stand horror. It's too scary >.<" Yay Mr. Apple Pumpledear is counted as a feature :o *amazed* I'm so flattered hehehe. ^-^ It feels to incredible to have my artwork featured in...well, anything! I find the storyline very mysterious and intriguing, interested to see where this is going :o Though I may not play it out of fear.

Just a small note though, Bella's name can be hard to read on a light background (like the school screenie). Maybe add a drop shadow or something? :x

Knighterius likes this

xD I'm glad you liked it :). Well you don't have to play it if you think it'll be too scary, but I doubt I can even make it scary yet xD cause uhhh....I'm just winging it xDD. Speaking of winging it darn you Bella's name!! Yeah I'll get onto that don't know how I'll go about doing a drop shadow though  :unsure:

*Nice to have Tsar's seal of a approval xDD

EDIT: Ooo! I know! I'll figure out how to change my window skin and then have it look fancy!~ :D

Edited by Knighterius

Awww I'm not the first one to post!! xD Anywho, this is looking great right now Knighty! ^_^

I'm actually surprised my name is in here even though I only showed you the basic parallax mapping and I didn't do anything to contribute to your project. :3 (By the way, I saw your screenshots and now I can tell you what you need to have that cold effect!) Goodie, 2 games for halloween (hopefully? :)) because I can use a good scare right now, hehehe~ Tsarmina pretty much said the overall I would say as well for this project. I'll look forward to the end result or demo! ^_^

Allusion has done a very great job of creating Bella, she really does fit with this game in my mind. :)

Edited by LadyMinerva
Knighterius likes this

Did anybody say pixel horror?  :D I'm here!

My first comment, of course, will be about apples. Seriously. Mr. Apple Pumpledear made my week. (We need an apple smiley ASAP!) Also, Allusion's art.  :wub:

The game's font is a bit hard to read for me. A drop shadow or a different font would be nice. 

That's all I have to say for now; I'll be looking forward to this!  ^_^

Knighterius likes this

Don't worry everyone!! I'm changing the window skin so that it's better :) just need to find a good one :D. Yeah Mr Apple Pumpledear is amazing! xD hehe ahh the things that can happen to him.........heh..*ahem.

Awww I'm not the first one to post!! xD Anywho, this is looking great right now Knighty! ^_^

I'm actually surprised my name is in here even though I only showed you the basic parallax mapping and I didn't do anything to contribute to your project. :3 (By the way, I saw your screenshots and now I can tell you what you need to have that cold effect!) Goodie, 2 games for halloween (hopefully? :)) because I can use a good scare right now, hehehe~ Tsarmina pretty much said the overall I would say as well for this project. I'll look forward to the end result or demo! ^_^

Allusion has done a very great job of creating Bella, she really does fit with this game in my mind. :)

Yeah Bella is amazing! :D hehe not the first only because Tsar's like a speedy speed when it comes to putting it in the showroom and then replying xD. ooo!! Does that mean you'll pm me on how to do it? because I am in dire need of it :3 and of course I'd add you in!!!! You're the reason why I was able to make those people look like they were sitting in the chair, I used the Minerva method as an overlay~ :D

Edit: Also!~! I'm not sure if I'll get a demo out by Halloween but who knows? Maybe if I work my fingers off. :) If I get chapter 1 I'll upload it. xD *very, very, very beta xD* xDD

Edited by Knighterius
LadyMinerva likes this

Don't worry everyone!! I'm changing the window skin so that it's better :) just need to find a good one :D. Yeah Mr Apple Pumpledear is amazing! xD hehe ahh the things that can happen to him.........heh..*ahem.

Yeah Bella is amazing! :D hehe not the first only because Tsar's like a speedy speed when it comes to putting it in the showroom and then replying xD. ooo!! Does that mean you'll pm me on how to do it? because I am in dire need of it :3 and of course I'd add you in!!!! You're the reason why I was able to make those people look like they were sitting in the chair, I used the Minerva method as an overlay~ :D

Edit: Also!~! I'm not sure if I'll get a demo out by Halloween but who knows? Maybe if I work my fingers off. :) If I get chapter 1 I'll upload it. xD *very, very, very beta xD* xDD

It's great that you were able to figure it out on your own! :) I was going to tell you when I saw your status quo but I'm sure that you might figure it out eventually because I told you about the layers where the player can go behind and over. :3 Okie, I'll tell you what exactly you'll need for the winter dream! ^_^ One moment please... but how cold do you want the winter dream? hehehe~

Edited by LadyMinerva
Knighterius likes this

It's great that you were able to figure it out on your own! :) I was going to tell you when I saw your status quo but I'm sure that you might figure it out eventually because I told you about the layers where the player can go behind and over. :3 Okie, I'll tell you what exactly you'll need for the winter dream! ^_^ One moment please... but how cold do you want the winter dream? hehehe~

How cold? Uhm not too cold? maybe a chilly morning cold? is that cold enough?

Edited by Knighterius

Your game looks like it is coming a long nicely. It kind of gives off a "Yume Nikki" vibe, which is good! :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing more. 

Also, I may be able to help with a support bar. How big do you want it to be, and how do you want it to look (feel free to provide a example). ^_^

Knighterius likes this

Your game looks like it is coming a long nicely. It kind of gives off a "Yume Nikki" vibe, which is good! :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing more. 

Also, I may be able to help with a support bar. How big do you want it to be, and how do you want it to look (feel free to provide a example). ^_^

hehe I'm glad you like it, it needs a lot of work though so expect it to be revamped soon x)

Hmm, well I hadn't thought about it. Probably the same height as your sigs that you make and then the width half of the size of your sigs. And what I want on it is up to you xD Just as long as it has twin souls on it :)

Edited by Knighterius

Well it looks great so far. Keep up the good work. :D

Ah okay, so same height, half the width and anything as long as it has Twin souls on it. Ok, got it.

I'll begin working on it when I get the chance. ^^

Knighterius likes this

Thanks, Izu! :) Your kindness is much appreciated.

UPDATE: Welp! As Knighty was silly enough to post this game up without a solid storyline expect major revamps to happen soon. :( and when I mean major I mean not that major honestly xD It'll still contain all the same characters...well Pumpledear and Bella and Xenosis...but recently I found some old writings from back before my usb was corrupted and they had some really good elements and I really wanna' work with those so it looks like I am going back to the drawing board. At least I can say this game will be a lot scarier and creepy once it gets revamped. :D So have no fear!! I'll make sure that this game will be the best one you've ever played in a long time :D!! 

Looking real good knighty! If you need some help eventing some special things or perhaps a few tile edits, feel free to ask me, it's things like that I am at least a little good at!

You might want to look into some lighting scripts and maybe fog scripts too, they really add to atmosphere, which is an absolute must have for horror games!

Anyway, Following this thread! Keep up the good work~♫

Knighterius likes this

Looking real good knighty! If you need some help eventing some special things or perhaps a few tile edits, feel free to ask me, it's things like that I am at least a little good at!

You might want to look into some lighting scripts and maybe fog scripts too, they really add to atmosphere, which is an absolute must have for horror games!

Anyway, Following this thread! Keep up the good work~♫

Ahhh!!! That's what I need fog and light scripts!!!! Thanks, Kayako! :D I don't think I need help at the moment, but if I do I'll gladly ask and then happily put you in my credits as a special name like Minerva and Izu :D

While I'm not a fan of Victor (his personality, not his scripts, those are great.) I'm currently his light and fog scripts in conjunction with Galv's visibility range.

Both are nice and simple to use, although you might want to use something not-Victor if you want support with anything without getting your face chewed off.

There's definitely alternatives by people who can talk to others without sounding like they are Gods talking down to a turd they just stepped in. I heard good things about Khan's light effects.

Knighterius likes this

Woah, I thought I was the only one that wasn't a fan of his personality...it's kinda the reason why I didn't use his battle script heh...but we'll keep that hush, hush! :P I find his lighting script to look really nice though :) and yeah I use Galv's visibility range as well :)

Khas's light effects are really good but I've had a lot of trouble with the script in the past. 

Anyway! Update: As I had to rewrite the story I used my old writings as well as my new so! :D Here we are :D I'll add it to the post in a moment I've just gotta' sort out some other in game shtuff >.< 

Enjoy! :D I hope... xD

“The mind of one who wishes to forget tries their very hardest to remember a lieâ€

â€œDoes this mean we will be together forever?â€

“I love you, Bella...â€

“I love you, too.â€

“Forever...â€

They both begin to hum the lullaby just as it is said in the book but things don’t exactly go to plan....

Bella, one of the sisters, wakes up alone in a room with no exists barely being able to remember anything. All she can remember is the screams of her sister that she tries to block out. Being confronted by a mysterious little boy he tells her of where she is but just as she goes to ask why she is here he vanishes.

Can you save Bella and find out what happened to her sister? Or is she merely doomed to suffer for eternity? Your choice. 

UPDATE: xD I'm probably going to have to make so many updates on the same post. haha anyway here is the intro to Twin Souls, enjoy! 

Edited by Knighterius

Yo, this looks pretty good! Lots of mystery, which I like! I personally am more of a fan of psychological horror than fantasy horror, but this definitely has promise! I feel the plot will definitely play a central role in this game, so make sure to be patient and meticulous in flushing out all the details and themes! Keep in mind you're telling a story that the player will be part of, so make sure to maintain that mysterious and intriguing, yet horrific, atmosphere. Keep up the good work!

Knighterius likes this

Thanks, Mr. Jetpack! :) Yeah I'll make sure to keep the player interested and intrigued at all times :D xD. The end game is going to be a shocking blow, however, because I want it to have a feel like the Witch's House

when you find out this whole time that the Witch was in Violet's body

So that's why a structured and well written plot is required :)

â€œDoes this mean we will be together forever?â€

“I love you, Bella...â€

“I love you, too.â€

“Forever...â€

Dammit, next please!!!

Knighterius likes this

WAAAAH! FEIFNEFEFBWEUOFINEFIJ! How did I not see this thread being put up?! Knighty, you should have PM'd meeeeee!

Anywho, I'm here now. And I'm staying:angry:

tumblr_mfqgyelGEt1qif5r6o2_500.gif

This game looks so nice on different levels! The story sounds like it's grown a bit since I last heard about it, and I can see the details you're putting into it from screen caps alone! (Dat intro...wow!)

The sprites look adorable! I'm ultimately excited to see where this goes~ Now all it's missing....*whispers* Is a support bar.  :D

Hmm...I can't imagine why I want one. <w<

>w>

Congrats, Knighty, you adorable apple! Looking forward to this.

Knighterius likes this

Hehe you're just going to have to wait, NH! :D hehe and there will be alternate ending so what happens next in that intro is up to you :)

WAAAAH! FEIFNEFEFBWEUOFINEFIJ! How did I not see this thread being put up?! Knighty, you should have PM'd meeeeee!

Anywho, I'm here now. And I'm staying:angry:

tumblr_mfqgyelGEt1qif5r6o2_500.gif

This game looks so nice on different levels! The story sounds like it's grown a bit since I last heard about it, and I can see the details you're putting into it from screen caps alone! (Dat intro...wow!)

The sprites look adorable! I'm ultimately excited to see where this goes~ Now all it's missing....*whispers* Is a support bar.  :D

Hmm...I can't imagine why I want one. <w<

>w>

Congrats, Knighty, you adorable apple! Looking forward to this.

Okay, okay, I was going to PM you buuuuuttttt....I wanted you to find it yourself hehe I secretly watched you everytime you came on and I was like: "Is she gonna' see it?" *not creepy* xDD hehe Yes, the story and everything has been revamped from last you saw it, blame the corrupted USB and Exams. 

The support bar is coming, don't you worry, I know how much you love them :) xD

XD Well stay all you like because it's time to let the good times roll xDD That image though xDDD

UPDATE: Thanks to the dearest Kayako-chan I have officially figured out Victor's Light effects~ Woo! Adding Kayako to the special thanks section :D

Allusion likes this

Sorry this took so long, but here's the signature. Hopefully it's okay. ^^;

The height makes it seem a little weird (for me at least).

But, I can always make another one if you need me to. 

keizcw.png

LadyMinerva and Allusion like this

Nope!! :D It's perfect!! :D thank you, I'll update my post later today with it and it'll get Allusion off my back about support bars, thank you :)

Muahahaha! Not this time. This time, I got to it first! I got it even before the topic did! Because I am that intense. *0*

Knighterius likes this