Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

88vbOfH.gif

List of Current games:

Spoiler

After playing around with Camtasia Studio for a bit, I realized that I should actually be doing something worth it. So I came to the conclusion of trying my hand at the infamous Let's Play/Try scene. I'll admit I have never had to do this before, so I'll probably be nervous as hell. But it's pretty nice to review games in the format of video, and I've always been drawn to it, and now it's my chance to make it shine.

With that being said, though, if you want some feedback for your game, I'm not going to say no. Just be sure to:

--Leave a post here with a link to your game.

--Specify what kind of platform it is (RPG Maker XP, VX, and Ace games only (EDIT: I'm willing to make an exception for IGMC since I refreshed myself that IGMC is any platform, but this will be the only time)) so I can get the appropriate RTPs.

--NO ABSs GAMES. ABSs in RPG Maker are horribly optimized, which makes recording a pain. It's already enough of a struggle to play the game at 2 FPS with your stupid ABS, don't make me record it as well.

--NO HORROR GAMESIt's not anything against you, or anything against the engine that it's used in, but horror games in general are terrible by my standards, mostly because of many things. Most people don't really have the same "experiences" that they have in real life when they go to make a horror game, so they can't really establish a connection between with what's "scary" or, what's supposed to flow correctly in this scenario or how it's supposed to play out. Which usually ends up with either lots of needlessly graphic gore and violence, or something that just isn't concrete. Again, it's nothing personal, but when I look at all of the RPG Maker horror games, 99% of the time, they aren't concrete enough for my tastes, or I'm left confused at what is going on. Or there's excessive amounts of violence in it. Which is a no-no.

--NO BACKSEAT GAMING! A.K.A. DON'T TELL ME HOW TO PLAY YOUR fricking GAME. LET ME FIGURE IT OUT FOR MYSELF. THAT PISSES ME OFF.

--Please tell me before hand if your game is a demo or a complete game. Demos of games are considered Let's Tries (unless they're mere moments away from actual release), and complete games will get a Let's Play. (There is a difference between the two.)

--Just to be warned, I can get pretty intense with my critique, and if your game looks like there was no care put into it, I won't care in return. If you can't handle criticism/ranting very well, look somewhere else.

--THIS IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT THAN THE ONE ON THE MAIN SITE. Only games featured here will be Let's Played exclusively to this site. If you want it to be featured on the main site, you can visit this thread to suggest your game. 

Just to make sure that I'm not swamped with games that I can't complete, I'll only allow 5 games to be LP'd at any one time. This makes it easier on me because it's organized and that I don't forget whose game belongs to who. The list will go at the top of the thread.

Lastly, leave a thank you. You have no idea how much a simple thank you makes me feel enthused.

COMPLETED VIDEOS:

Spoiler

Edited by Arin, 07 September 2015 - 07:20 AM.

5f8ee690fa.png

Coming soon to the Showroom!

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#2 sacrifyx

sacrifyx

• Ace Member
  • 17 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

Twin Hearts Saga, Volume 1: Resurgence is a full game. Well, a full volume of a game. There are many more to come, but this one is complete. About 2 hours of playtime IF you go everywhere, do everything and talk to everyone.
You needn't bother with the whole topic I linked to if you don't want to. The direct download link is here.
There's also a small zip here that should be downloaded as well. It contains some map files that will replace some in the game download to correct some bugs another player found. The game has been pretty well tested otherwise and you shouldn't run into anything game breaking.
This is light fantasy, no elves or dwarves or anything of that nature. It should be good for all ages.

Edited by sacrifyx, 17 April 2015 - 06:19 PM.

#3 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Hey guys, sorry for dropping off the face of the earth. The reason I haven't been doing much recording lately is because I got sick again. I thought I originally got over my cold, but then it came back to kick me in the butt again a few days later, so I haven't really been able to do much recording. Another reason is that in the mornings (when I usually record), there are people banging on the side of my house, doing the siding and replacing all of the framework for our house. So they have a bunch of nails and drills and hammers and stuff, and........that makes a lot of noise. Plus there are vibrations in the house, which I really don't want to chance it that it will somehow mess up the recording in some way. Just a small update of what's been happening, don't think that I lost interest in it or anything; I'm still in it, but I just don't want to record while being sick (because it's not professional) and don't want to record while people are working on my house (which creates background noise which is not professional).

Twin Hearts Saga, Volume 1: Resurgence is a full game. Well, a full volume of a game. There are many more to come, but this one is complete. About 2 hours of playtime IF you go everywhere, do everything and talk to everyone.
You needn't bother with the whole topic I linked to if you don't want to. The direct download link is here.
There's also a small zip here that should be downloaded as well. It contains some map files that will replace some in the game download to correct some bugs another player found. The game has been pretty well tested otherwise and you shouldn't run into anything game breaking.
This is light fantasy, no elves or dwarves or anything of that nature. It should be good for all ages.

Added to the list.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#4 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:28 PM

Update for Episode 10 of Demon Hunter.

Also, still taking suggestions for games at the moment. If you want to submit your game, or anyone else's game for that matter (just remember to get their consent first), I'm willing to LP it.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#5 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

Update for Graceless Reminisce.

Though, that's just MY opinion.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#6 Knighterius

Knighterius

Possessed Apple

• Ace Member
  • 888 posts
  • LocationUnderneathe an Apple Tree
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

Yaaaayyy!! :D heheehe! ^~^ New LP

Btw, do you do that voice thing where it make your voice go like darth vader because there are dicks out there? Or do you just have a really attractive darth vader voice? :3

"Come, Come, Dance with me under the moonlight, my sweet...dance until our feet bleed..."-The Enigma 

sWeCKF9.png14xl08o.png

I support the following brilliant people:

Spoiler

And the list goes on: 

Spoiler

Alons-y!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

#7 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Umbral Author

• Ace Member
  • 722 posts
  • LocationLortrec - Imperishable Graves

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hey there, Arin.

The Warriors of Solian is a Complete Game with an average playtime of 1 to 1:30 hour. There's nothing else coming to this game unless there's a bug or a glitch or something. Compared to the Second game (which is still being worked on) it's not a big deal (it's probably my second completed game), so you might get a little intense with your critique, as you said.
When Demo 2.0 is released for the Second game, I'm going to ask for a Let's Play/Let's Try (depending on how you see it), but for now, no, I still have to fix some things here and add or remove other things there.
If you don't want to read the topic, you can download it Here.

Edited by Skyninja, 03 December 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Twitter - Wordpress - Youtube

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#8 Dymdez

Dymdez

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

Heyo! I just released my first ever demo of Middlesky, my first game. It is about an hour long, but to fully complete it would take about 3 hours. It is only 2 chapters of the 10 that will comprise the whole game. It is an action/puzzle ABS RPG. Thanks.

#9 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Heyo! I just released my first ever demo of Middlesky, my first game. It is about an hour long, but to fully complete it would take about 3 hours. It is only 2 chapters of the 10 that will comprise the whole game. It is an action/puzzle ABS RPG. Thanks.

Added to the list. Honestly not fond of ABSs since I don't have my controller yet.

Hey there, Arin.

The Warriors of Solian is a Complete Game with an average playtime of 1 to 1:30 hour. There's nothing else coming to this game unless there's a bug or a glitch or something. Compared to the Second game (which is still being worked on) it's not a big deal (it's probably my second completed game), so you might get a little intense with your critique, as you said.
When Demo 2.0 is released for the Second game, I'm going to ask for a Let's Play/Let's Try (depending on how you see it), but for now, no, I still have to fix some things here and add or remove other things there.

So.....is that a yes or a no? It doesn't sound very clear if you want me to LP a current game you have.

Yaaaayyy!! :D heheehe! ^~^ New LP

Btw, do you do that voice thing where it make your voice go like darth vader because there are dicks out there? Or do you just have a really attractive darth vader voice? :3

I'm not sure what you are talking about...?

EDIT: Update for Twin Hearts Saga.

Edited by Arin, 03 December 2014 - 10:12 PM.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#10 Knighterius

Knighterius

Possessed Apple

• Ace Member
  • 888 posts
  • LocationUnderneathe an Apple Tree
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

xD I actually don't know what I wrote either o.oI don't remember writing it. xDD I must be on some craziness that day. I think what I meant was is that your actual voice or do you edit it first? I don't know where darth vader came into it...xD or dicks for that matter.

"Come, Come, Dance with me under the moonlight, my sweet...dance until our feet bleed..."-The Enigma 

sWeCKF9.png14xl08o.png

I support the following brilliant people:

Spoiler

And the list goes on: 

Spoiler

Alons-y!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

#11 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Umbral Author

• Ace Member
  • 722 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hey there, Arin.

So.....is that a yes or a no? It doesn't sound very clear if you want me to LP a current game you have.

This is a yes, I want you to LP the first game, which is "The Warriors of Solian".

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#12 Dymdez

Dymdez

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:54 AM

You won't need a controller - the controls are setup comfortably. Use the left shift button to run (pinky finger) and your pointer finger can navigate the X,Z,S, and A keys. It takes a couple minutes to master, tops. Give it a try :)

#13 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Umbral Author

• Ace Member
  • 722 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

Arin, please wait until I post a new Download link for The Warriors of Solian. I've just figured out that I have to fix some things.

New Download Link: Download

Edited by Skyninja, 05 December 2014 - 04:15 PM.

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#14 sacrifyx

sacrifyx

• Ace Member
  • 17 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

EDIT: Update for Twin Hearts Saga.

"I feel incredibly overpowered..." Yes, that's intentional. The reason will become clear very soon.

#15 ChickenWrap

ChickenWrap

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Hi. I'm looking for some input on a game I'm creating. The in-dev name is "Qez's Quest" and it plays like a typical older-styled RPG. It's currently in its Alpha stages, but it has enough content for a few hours of gameplay though and I'd like you to check it out. 

A forewarning: Sprites are currently being created for boss fights and overworld/dungeon monsters, so right now most of the things you're fighting will be placeholders for other monsters you encounter later.

Updated

https://dl.dropboxus... Alpha 1.2a.exe

I'll be doing a dialogue pass when the game enters Beta to help out more with the story.

Good luck!

Edited by ChickenWrap, 13 December 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#16 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:16 PM

Update for Linus:

Hi. I'm looking for some input on a game I'm creating. The in-dev name is "Qez's Quest" and it plays like a typical older-styled RPG. It's currently in its Alpha stages, but it has enough content for a few hours of gameplay though and I'd like you to check it out. 

A forewarning: Sprites are currently being created for boss fights and overworld/dungeon monsters, so right now most of the things you're fighting will be placeholders for other monsters you encounter later.

https://dl.dropboxus...t Alpha 1.2.exe

I'll be doing a dialogue pass when the game enters Beta to help out more with the story.

Good luck!

Added to the list.

I'm currently swamped with games and other projects right now, so I'll do my best to record whenever I can, but...my future in recording doesn't look too bright ladies and gentlemen. Time management has been a consistent habit of mine that has been bad in the past, and it only continues to get worse down the road. So if you don't hear from me in a while, don't assume I haven't given up or anything, it's just that I haven't had the time or the necessary tools to properly record. I swear I'm not dying in a ditch somewhere. At least not yet.

Edited by Arin, 10 December 2014 - 11:16 PM.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#17 ChickenWrap

ChickenWrap

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

Hey Arin. Just want to let you know I found  a  two bugs that makes a LOT of the game fall flat on its face. I'm uploading a fixed version now and I'll update the first post with the updated game file so you don't accidentally break the game and have a bad time.

Edited by ChickenWrap, 13 December 2014 - 02:50 AM.

#18 Radiant Arin

Radiant Arin

Dogwood~ ♥

• + Premium Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

So I made a stream.

http://www.twitch.tv...rin/b/600060037

It features all of the games that were suggested to me on this page plus a few extra goodies. The stream was a lot of great fun and it was a good way for me to get quickly caught up on all of the games that I had been putting off for a while. I'm aware that there were a few issues while I was streaming which shall hopefully be rectified the next time I stream. But all in all, very enjoyable experience.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#19 KayakoChan

KayakoChan

Festive creepy girl

• Ace Member
  • 234 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

There, and plus one follow~

Also, condolences on playing the warriors of Solain~

Edited by KayakoChan, 17 December 2014 - 06:31 PM.

People I support:
SupportBanner_zps54f76768.jpggalv-plea-banner.png?w=474
My own Projects:

Spoiler

#20 ChickenWrap

ChickenWrap

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

I updated it again.

https://dl.dropboxus...t Alpha 1.3.exe

Just want to keep you in the loop as to the updates, because I'm always fixing and tweaking and I want you to play the latest version when you get the chance to finally play.

Looks like the Archbishop's Sprite doesn't want to stay as the Archbishop's sprite, but everything else should be A-OK.

Edited by ChickenWrap, 26 December 2014 - 07:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users