#21 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...tarin/c/5769058

Made another stream. Also features a highlight because Asurakia scared the crap out of me.

5f8ee690fa.png

Coming soon to the Showroom!

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#22 HuntingSwan

HuntingSwan

• Ace Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:59 AM

Oh bummer I never got an email notification that you went live!  I'll check it out dude.

#23 ChickenWrap

ChickenWrap

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:04 AM

Hey Arin. Just saw your Youtube video of you playing QQ on stream. Thanks for playing the Alpha build (although you got the out-dated one that I tried to patch up before you played it due to a game-breaking error (the one you encountered actually!) as well as having actually fixed a lot of the text issues that you ran into, especially the ones in Marland.)

One thing I want to get straight is that this game is meant to be a throw-back to the older era of games. I'm not going to do any parallax mapping and what I have available to me is what's going to be used in the game. Those shadow effects are more than likely going to be staying because atmosphere and such. 

You didn't HAVE to use the one-shot tester, y'know, and I'm not an insecure Atheist. My parents were both Christians, and I'm something of a between religions thing. The water was mapped like a bush, so the water came up the model a little bit. Not sure if you saw it or not. You weren't walking on the water, the water was just shallow enough for you to walk through. The texture of that water looked pretty akin to visible stone at the bottom, so that's what I went with..

It's odd that you ran into so many encounters, considering the encounter rate was about every 36 steps. I wouldn't say the combat was unbalanced so much as you had no gear. There was a far better sword in the Inn in Marland that you walked straight past as well as strong weapons in the shop as well that you opted not to get. However after seeing only -12 on a weakpoint fire, I'm going to be lowering the Skeleton bosses magical defense, but you seem to have been the only person who had actual trouble with the boss. 

There's an area further past the forest. it's a fortress, it's where you were meant to go next before you gave up. I've had a few people say it was a little hard to understand, and it's actually fixed in the current version you left out quite a bit of the alpha. As I mentioned prior, many of the monsters being used were placeholders for ones that would replace them. 

If you would like to check out one of the newer versions of the game, there's quite a lot more to do now and some of the beginning monster sprites are being worked in finally. As long as you keep in mind that the game was made to be more of a throwback to older RPGs, you'll do just fine =) 

So, if you didn't hate it last time, maybe check it out again?  Let me know if you're interested.

Two new dungeons!
Two new islands!

Like, 90% more content! 
Plot, again!
It'll be great.

Edited by ChickenWrap, 07 January 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#24 Jolt Android

Jolt Android

Jolt Android

• Ace Member
  • 243 posts
  • LocationCanadian living in Korea

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

Hey Arin, if you're having trouble filling up the fifth spot, I have a game you can try/play.

It's pretty much ready to go even now, I'm just finishing up a part that's really really far (hours away) from when you first start the game.

I like your style of commentary and play.

There shouldn't be anything to piss you off in the game in terms of bugs either ^_^

KOTPsmall_zps9dced9d0.png

Part I features 10 hours of gameplay goodness! Download Link

#25 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:32 AM

Hey Arin, if you're having trouble filling up the fifth spot, I have a game you can try/play.

It's pretty much ready to go even now, I'm just finishing up a part that's really really far (hours away) from when you first start the game.

I like your style of commentary and play.

There shouldn't be anything to piss you off in the game in terms of bugs either  ^_^

I'm sorry, but I only do streaming now. If you want me to stream your game, I would love to~ Just make sure to PM me with a link to your game and it will be featured in the next stream.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#26 Jolt Android

Jolt Android

Jolt Android

• Ace Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

Oh, that's what I meant anyway. Sorry, should have been more clear. Need more coffee. XD Will PM you.

#27 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

http://www.twitch.tv...tarin/c/5982458

As usual, if you have any games that you would like featured, be sure to leave a comment here~

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#28 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...rin/b/618825333

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#29 Jolt Android

Jolt Android

Jolt Android

• Ace Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

Gah, I can't believe that a bug with only a few milliseconds window of even happening, that I thought I fixed, that only ever happened to me once after hours and hours of playing, happened to you in the FIRST battle... *runs to cry in a corner*

If you're willing to give it another shot, I properly fixed that stupid obscure bug once and for all, and can give you a save file for after that battle.

Edited by Jolt Android, 01 February 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#30 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

I don't suppose you ended up watching everything until the last part, where I said: "That'll be the last time I end up playing the game." Sorry to break it to you, but your game DOES fall into that "average", maybe possibly even "bad" category that we were discussing about. There have been numerous bugs and things affecting the state of your game and each time you ask me, it makes me even more stressed. When you're scripting or putting in any random script that you get from anywhere, you NEED to test to make sure it works each time. If you can't, then stick with what works, not with what's flashy. And since it sounds like you were aware of the bug, are you honestly just not that motivated to solve a simple script error problem? You say it has never happened to you until a few hours in, but am I really sure to believe that it won't happen again during the next time I play it? (Which will be never.) But from now on, if you're going to ask me to play your game for you, the answer is going to be no. Why should I be playing a game that's only going to induce more stress? I have tried multiple times to play the game, all have failed horribly, first with the lighting and then the next with the combat bug. People in the stream hate it when bugs crash the game and probably would not want me to stream the game again, if given the chance. People don't want to see the same game over and over again in the stream unless it's actually progressing and moving along in a proper manner. If I can't even get past the first stage of your game, why SHOULD I be streaming it?

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#31 Jolt Android

Jolt Android

Jolt Android

• Ace Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Well said, I understand completely. I have to say it's kind of harsh, but that's what I was looking for in you. Didn't mean to put any stress on you, all I want is for people to enjoy the game I created. Thanks for taking the time anyway.

Edited by Jolt Android, 01 February 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#32 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Well said, I understand completely. I have to say it's kind of harsh, but that's what I was looking for in you. Didn't mean to put any stress on you, all I want is for people to enjoy the game I created. Thanks for taking the time anyway.

Nah nah, I know there are people out there that are definitely more harsh than I am. I lean on the lesser side of two evils and prefer not to be harsh if necessary, but sometimes it can't be helped, given my nature.

Anyways, if you have a game you'd like to suggest, feel free to leave a comment~

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#33 sacrifyx

sacrifyx

• Ace Member
  • 17 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

Ahem...if you'd be so kind as to give Twin Hearts Saga, Volume 1: Resurgence another go on your stream. I haven't changed anything or updated, still the same old game with the same old lack of exposition (there's a reason for that), but you only scratched the surface in your first play. If there's a reason you don't want to touch it again, that's cool too. If you have any questions about it that you'd like answered before you choose to go any further, feel free to ask!

#34 ShinNessTen

ShinNessTen

Not good at Videogames

• Ace Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Hey Arin! 

Looks like it's been a while since someone posted here, but i assume you are still doing LPs... right? If not, then... well... then i apologize.

If yes, then i would like it if you would check out my game Soul Effect. It's a VX Game and it's not finished yet, but i'm looking for more people to play this game and say me their opinions and what not.

Don't worry, it's not a horror game... there's just... inappropriate gore in my game going on. (But you won't even see the gore, cause the game's not even at that point yet... i wanna make a big build-up, before that happens, you know?)

Thanks for reading :-D

Edited by ShinNessTen, 27 May 2015 - 12:28 PM.

SJKneCq.png

Y6PuAys.gif

#35 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

I'd like fries with that!

• Ace Member
  • 89 posts
  • LocationA theater near you!
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:12 AM

Hey, Arin! I hope you're still doing these as well.

I can't promise any project to present right now, however my partner and I will be complete with a demo in the near future, so this is just a reservation post for now.

Please keep me in mind, we're quite confident in our project. :P

Edited by PowerBurger, 30 May 2015 - 03:37 AM.

Link to the topic of a game TheMisterLuigi and I are working on:
kPGcp8G.png

Also the download for Demo v1.0 of the game!
http://db.tt/eZNIo2MX

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#36 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:49 AM

Hey Arin! 

Looks like it's been a while since someone posted here, but i assume you are still doing LPs... right? If not, then... well... then i apologize.

If yes, then i would like it if you would check out my game Soul Effect. It's a VX Game and it's not finished yet, but i'm looking for more people to play this game and say me their opinions and what not.

Don't worry, it's not a horror game... there's just... inappropriate gore in my game going on. (But you won't even see the gore, cause the game's not even at that point yet... i wanna make a big build-up, before that happens, you know?)

Thanks for reading :-D

I'll be sure to check it out. I'll have some free time tonight and this weekend so I might do a practice run of the game just to see how recording comes out. I haven't done this in a million years so I need to make sure things are working again. x-x

Hey, Arin! I hope you're still doing these as well.

I can't promise any project to present right now, however my partner and I will be complete with a demo in the near future, so this is just a reservation post for now.

Please keep me in mind, we're quite confident in our project. :P

Looking forward to it, guys! Good luck with your project.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#37 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

After taking a small (not even small more like large-ish because reasons) break from the LP scene, I'm giving it a go again. Schedules will be a bit more rugged in the next few days but I promise to find the time to be able to record and testplay your guy's games. As per usual, if you have any questions or want to toss your game out there to be critiqued, give me a PM. I'll take any game, finished or unfinished. Just remember to look at the main post concerning a few rules (especially ones regarding backseat gaming and horror games specifically).

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#38 ShinNessTen

ShinNessTen

Not good at Videogames

• Ace Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:47 AM

YES!

I see my game on the list! :-D

Thank you for taking a look at it!

By the way... i THINK the game doesn't tell you when it's finished. I put a dialogue that says something like "The Game ends here" or something, and i'm not sure if i deleted it or not. :X

SJKneCq.png

Y6PuAys.gif

#39 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

ShinNessTen's game is on hold due to a missing file. If there are any other games you'd like to see LP'd, drop a link in the chat.

5f8ee690fa.png

I SUPPORT:

Spoiler

#40 Ari Ari

Ari Ari

Spare me your excuses.

• + Premium Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:11 PM

First video since the soft channel reset is live~