raymi100

Prince James' Adventure (An indie rpg)

36 posts in this topic

Hello~ I am very excited to share with you, my first successful game:

1y20iv.jpg

Update: HUGE screenshot update with six new screenies! Check them out in the screenshot section! :D

Also, check out the game's introduction video!

Edit: Demo link taken down until further notice due to extreme construction undergoing.

About the game:

3KmcXP.gif

Prince James was caught in a nasty accident caused by an evil man who wishes to overthrow his family's kingdom. After the accident, James wishes to seek vengence over the evil man, but, little does he know, the evil man has done much more than just cause James' accident.

Join James and his sister Maria in their adventure as they meet new friends, battle enemies, and complete quests.

Will James, Maria, and their friends ever succeed in defeating the evil man? Play the game to find out!

yU5f8T.gif

RPG/Puzzle Game

Gi190y.gif

Prince James - Main character in the story

Princess Maria - James' younger sister

Veronica - a feisty archer, and a close friend of James and Maria.

Travis - a warlock that the trio accompanies in their journey

Anna - an ice magician, a good friend of Travis

Mark - a samarai, a good friend of travis and Anna

Queen Wendy/King Terrance - King and Queen of the kingdom

More to be added later~

qyPWEL.gif

Tilesets & other resources: flamingteddyproductions on tumblr
vxresource.wordpress.com

Enterbrain

Celianna

Battlers: Milano

Scripts: Yanfly
Himeworks
KilloZapit
Vlue
TheoAllen

Yami

Milano

MOG

Victor

Galv

Music: http://incompetech.com & Enterbrain

Window skin: http://blog.rpgmakertimes.info/resources/windowskins/#.VIK6-Mnwopj

Sprites/Face Graphics: Enterbrain & Chaosian

Credit for helping me figure out things: Knighty and Wren and all the other amazing people on this forum~ :D

Plus, my brother and his friends, who helped me test the game and dealt with me constantly begging them to play it.

Titlescreen & Game Logo: Izu & Jordy Roelofs

Other credit: Knighty for creating my opening logo

Tsarmina for her meatbun sprite and for creating my support bar :3

More credit to be added later, when more of the game is revealed~

mqepPW.gif

EdZLOoz.png?1

BIR08sQ.png?1

UgwnhDT.png?1

aT4zAGL.png?1

z5KKZC6.png?1

zPIDovy.png?1

e3bhxM.gif

Taken down until further notice.

PMvOBa.gif

Hey guys! Tsarmina created these awesome support bars for me:

OJ1BGGa.png

GwqXLeO.png

If you could use it to support my game, I would greatly appreciate it :3

I hope you guys enjoy this project~ :3

I can't wait to see what you guys think! :D

Edited by raymi100

WOOP WOOP!!!! It's here it's here!!!!!!! ^~^ Yeeee! You go girl! Lets see this game soar through the sky and land in a field of apples!

Yep~ :D In celebration of it finally being approved, I'm gonna add some new graphics to the post, and take some new screenshots to add to the post! :D

Knighterius likes this

Congrats on your first game! ^-^ I will be waiting to see what you have in store. :3

You have a very lovely title logo design on my book~

raymi100 likes this

Congrats on your first game! ^-^ I will be waiting to see what you have in store. :3

You have a very lovely title logo design on my book~

Thank you very much! :D I'm about to update the screenshots section because I've added a lot of stuff since those screenshots...so follow the topic if you want! :D

Update: I'm creating a new map before I take screenshots. Therefore, screenshots may either be posted today, or sometime tomorrow. :)

LadyMinerva likes this

Looks like a good start. I recommend using wall and ceiling tiles together to make it seem more room-like.

raymi100 likes this

Uhh not that I know of :/. Don't worry! they'll understand :D

Hehe, okay~

Looks like a good start. I recommend using wall and ceiling tiles together to make it seem more room-like.

Yeah, those are old screenshots :) I'm making new maps that look more room-like ^w^

I understand! ^-^ I'll merge them for you. Sound good? ~

I understand! ^-^ I'll merge them for you. Sound good? ~

Sounds great! Thanks Tsarmina, and sorry for mixing it up in the first place :)

Update: Hey guys! Check it out: First screenshot of my first successful map created in my first successful game~ haha XD

Screenshot008_zps56302f7a.png

Tileset credits: Celianna and Enterbrain ^w^

I'll add more screenshots to the post when I have more of the game created!

Edited by raymi100

Update: I finally got around to updating the screenshot section! Sorry it took so long, but making those maps and getting the lighting effects to work was a lot of hard work ;-; Anyways, I hope you all enjoy! :D

Knighterius likes this

Yaaaay! Everything is so swaggy!! I love the new screenshots :D You've come a long way.

Thanks, Knighty :D I'm very proud of all the things I've accomplished so far :)

Knighterius likes this

Indeed, your screenies are very nice to look at! :) You have a very nice colour theme right now I noticed and the light effects make them very settling to indulge in. Keep it up~ :D

Indeed, your screenies are very nice to look at! :) You have a very nice colour theme right now I noticed and the light effects make them very settling to indulge in. Keep it up~ :D

Awh, thanks so much :D I appreciate that, and I will definitely keep at it :D hehe~

Update: Check out the new support bars that Tsarmina created! They're amazing, aren't they? :D feel free to use them to support this project! And thanks in advance :)

Knighterius likes this

I suggest moving the fireplace in the last map up 1 space. it isn't meant to be a floor and wall tile, just a wall tile.

raymi100 likes this

I suggest moving the fireplace in the last map up 1 space. it isn't meant to be a floor and wall tile, just a wall tile.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Well this has certainly come a long way hasn't it o: Nice work so far, I think we joined around the same time and I see the fast improvement, you go dude x3
If I may make a criticism, since the lanterns in the first few screenshots are situated on the walls, the ones on the floor in the same shots appear to be floating now that I'm associating them as hanging. (Cause human-brain/culture normally makes people 'order' things from topmost to bottommost, cause people are weird like that.) A candle on a table might work, something like that.

Knighterius and raymi100 like this

Well this has certainly come a long way hasn't it o: Nice work so far, I think we joined around the same time and I see the fast improvement, you go dude x3

If I may make a criticism, since the lanterns in the first few screenshots are situated on the walls, the ones on the floor in the same shots appear to be floating now that I'm associating them as hanging. (Cause human-brain/culture normally makes people 'order' things from topmost to bottommost, cause people are weird like that.) A candle on a table might work, something like that.

Thanks so much~ :D and I realize that, hehe. I'll see what I can do to fix that :) thank you for the suggestion!

Update: New screenshots! :D

NEGAOmB.png

0BU1kPn.png

ubiXwSb.png

4swmI6g.png

The revamped first area! :D I added more lighting effects, and a bigger flashlight area :3 Note the flower pot! That's an important part of the game >w<

AhdPCjR.png

The revamped library area :3

I'm very proud of the progress I have made on this game. :) Enjoy the new screenshots!

Edited by raymi100
LadyMinerva likes this

Whippie! pretty screenies! And a dashing flower pot :o save system perhaps? Or what? Hmm....interesting...> :)

Hehe, you'll see what the flower pot is for ;) Glad you like the screenies, Knighty~ :D

Knighterius likes this

Love them Raymi! :3 The lighting really makes them in-depth to look at~ I hope you weren't planning on scrapping this project... xD Keep that perserverance hehe~

raymi100 likes this