• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  

544 posts in this topic

HW2x7oF.png

unreasonably proudly presents....

qNhCqQ5.png

qWPsjYN.png
Story: 95%

Characters: 90%
Graphics
: 20%
Eventing: 02%
Databasing: 30%

Mapping: 30%
Overall progress: Getting tougher :< 

Welcome, welcome! :D I’m Tsarmina, resident redhead and confuzzled game designer. Sugar Sweet is meant to be a short, cute, and completely adorabilus game! And of course, it’ll be sweet. ;)

As always, tankyas for supporting me in my endeavour! I love you all! XOXOXOXO

YEjVsVi.png
"There’s a tale from a long, long time ago. Yes, it’s one of those ancient tales that people think never happened."

One kingdom. Two enemies. This could get ugly!

The little enchantress Brie has about had it with her arch nemesis, and she’s ready to curse him into oblivion. Whoops! She’s accidentally cursed both of them…into a land that holds only mystery (and cuteness) for them both. Now lost with the Sugar Realm’s queen on their tails, the two enemies now are forced to team up to fight their way out of this place…or else!

Two enemy forces clash in an epic(ally cute) tale of love, lies, and rebellion, all dusted off with a fluffy layer of creme and sugar. Sugar Sweet is guaranteed to melt in your mouth and leave you with a warm aftertaste. â™¥ 

aYeUw8q.png
"May I see your IDs?"

Sugar Sweet features an adorable and vibrant cast. The number of characters is very limited, mostly because I wanted to avoid a situation like my other game, Ariel, which features a ridiculously huge cast. @_@

tUxU1Xn.png

rUMFq4V.png

rr7tTtw.png

4ytTdS4.png

4glcSLV.png

A7Nto5C.png

bYqfQAS.png

JGto7MM.png

uNcA5C6.png

BFgYAMv.png

79OLXkV.png

WWUSrVz.png
"Look look look! It’s beautiful!"

I prefer to parallax my maps for amazing pretty effects and light thingies and artistic happiness and pure bliss or joy. ^-^ My maps features battleback pieces, tiles from artists--all of whom I love very much--and my own creations and graphics. Sugar Sweet aims for a very minimal amount of maps so I can complete this game in a reasonable amount of time, but I assure you, the ones that are in the game are bright, exciting, and stuffed full of objects and materials to investigate, learn about, and collect. Whether you take the exploratative route is up to you~

FWxrYwk.png

PBXOA9Q.pngnFYgJEB.png

dt2zuCi.pngPj83r4f.png

2catq8q.png

G7Pgqll.pngzQClBku.pnglRV6VdX.pngZsxIRSF.png4JJ4fH3.png

ygi9mZf.png
"These boxes full of…um…prawn-a teeth. What are these??"

When you live in a place called the Sugar Realm, there have to be some terms that you don't know!

MPfdtdz.png

w18KZ5Q.png

nhT9VHZ.png

oYrkmcs.png

xHja0QF.png
"You have to understand the connection."

Sugar Sweet is created in a cute, simple fashion with a battle system inspired by Indrah. To be honest, it’s probably a hybrid of Indrah’s mod styles (ISOI) and animated sideview (Victor? Holder) with a bunch of edible goods thrown in.

jGhdgwP.png

a9mMAF4.png
"A spoon full of sugar…brightens my day!"

So something has to set Sugar Sweet apart, right?

Well…I try.

FMGBk8W.pngDylEScG.png7KIxwMm.gifucErEQM.pngWLik7aV.pngfcWFQZU.pngyz0gz8v.pngiHQK7XV.pngULzA1Ve.pngmQ6J9fW.pngyZKdvst.pngKqGTzUj.png3VrG5Oc.pngioaGP38.pngtZ5WTVE.pngXRkuhzx.pngao4BXCh.pnggcPwVj3.png

uuk4Ovf.png

"You're making me blush! Stop it!"

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You guys are the absolute BOMB. I LOVE YOU! Â°Ë–✧â—(â°â–¿â°)◜✧˖°

by Allusion. Thank you for your gorgeous art X3 Brie looks like such a sweetheart!

Brie_Fanart_zpssbrcnnaf.jpg

by Whiona. Your art is beautiful! I can't thank you enough!!

XTVKC0C.png

by raymi (raymi100). So cute I'm gonna cry! TT^TT Thank you for your adorable art!

YqsGKxQ.jpg

by Crescent. What a CUTIE PIE! Thank you so much for these two adorable Brie fanarts!!! <3

dLNIsos.png

W8v2vQA.png

by nellbellz. THANK YOU THANK YOU OMRI LOOKS AMAZING SHE IS MY LIFE I LOVE YOU!!

wFRiFCM.png

i1vhqV9.png
"…Thank you."

Spectre is giving me a big hand with this project! :D

Aaron Krogh, Alisa_Tana, Ayene, Celianna, Enterbrain, Estriole, Galv, Gorlami, Hanzo Kimura, JDB Artist, Joel Steudler, K3, Kain, Kairi Sawler, Lunarea, Mack, Modern Algebra, Quigon, Scythuz, SeerUK and OriginalWij, Timmah, Titanhex, Tsukihime, Venere-Marte, Victor, Yanfly

Special thanks to Allusion, Spectre (my partner in crime), EpicFile (composing boss!), MinMin (Minerva love!) and Knighterius <3
If I forgot, improperly credited, or accidentally added someone (it happens), please tell me and I will gladly make amends.~  

7A78Voa.png

♥

kP0tiUi.png
Support me (and Spec hehe) and Sugar Sweet! Here's a fair share of support bars which you can pick from. (Or you can pick ALL of them!) Just highlight, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V into your signature.

XqnfQh1.png J3s8N1C.png RCEko8r.png 7lGjVIl.png

2hUumgS.png  9TA37JO.png oVz8AQG.png 7ykOXQU.png R5awyqk.gif

APPPROOOOVAAAAALLLLL AND AWEEESOOOMMMEEENESSSSS!!!!

This looks absolutely amazing!! I was waiting for you to bring it out in it's entirety!! Following this like a dog searching for a rabbit!!! yeeee!! ^~^

I really love how you've structured everything!! ^~^

Edited by Knighterius

Looking very bright and pretty! I love your mapping, and Brie looks absolutely stunning Love the other characters too, Even though Clem and Omri look a little long-faced!

(Which actually reminds me of an anime called "Revolutionary girl Utena"! A series I did rather enjoy.) All in all, it looks very lovely, I'd like to see this project as it goes on~

Edited by KayakoChan
Tsarmina likes this

My goodness Tsarmina... This is really beautiful! ^-^ I'm thinking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at those candy sweet maps xD you must teach me your ways, they really look inspiring!! xD *heavily breathes out* I'll be looking forward to the rest in the future! :)

Tsarmina likes this

APPPROOOOVAAAAALLLLL AND AWEEESOOOMMMEEENESSSSS!!!!

This looks absolutely amazing!! I was waiting for you to bring it out in it's entirety!! Following this like a dog searching for a rabbit!!! yeeee!! ^~^

I really love how you've structured everything!! ^~^

Hmee...that first line looks familiar. O_o

Also hahahaha I love how you actually DID put all the support bars into your siggy...XD :D You're the best Knighty~

An adorable looking game! I especially love the world of sugar setting. I'd be very interested in trying this when it comes out.

It's not all sugar. ^-^ But that is a major point in the game. Plus it makes it cuter. :3

Looking very bright and pretty! I love your mapping, and Brie looks absolutely stunning Love the other characters too, Even though Clem and Omri look a little long-faced!

(Which actually reminds me of an anime called "Revolutionary girl Utena"! A series I did rather enjoy.) All in all, it looks very lovely, I'd like to see this project as it goes on~

Tankies Kayako! I looked up that anime. It looks cool :o Thanks for your support!

Wow, Tsar :D this looks amazing~ great job so far! This sounds just like the kind of game I'd love to play (/^w^)/

Thanks so much raymi!! ^-^ You're so inspirational!~

It is awesome that you have a matriarchal RPG.  I also love that your drops are not the oh so over used gold.   

Yeah, I wanted to make sense with the whole gold thing. (Props to Galv for inspiration!~) As for the matriarchal thing...yep! Who needs the hero?? (Well I guess Clem is a hero, but hey. Protagonist is Brie :D)

My goodness Tsarmina... This is really beautiful! ^-^ I'm thinking of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at those candy sweet maps xD you must teach me your ways, they really look inspiring!! xD *heavily breathes out* I'll be looking forward to the rest in the future! :)

Whoaaaa. This coming from the mapping queen, Minerva herself...waaah. It's such an honor >////< I'm flattered. XD Thanks sooo much for your support! It means tons ;w;

LadyMinerva and Knighterius like this

while I don't think there's anything wrong with monsters dropping gold (and hey, some times, anime and games make it make sense, like Log horizon explained why it happens, though it was a setting-specific explanation) I think its really interesting and kinda unique that you made it so the player can't become a millionaire by killing millions of slimes (assuming you have slimes in this game).

Also, I love the artwork, good work tsarmina

Tsarmina likes this

I've just seen this topic. Looks like it will be totally awesome! And beautiful! Great job so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. The artwork and the maps look very pretty.

Edited by Skyninja
Tsarmina likes this

while I don't think there's anything wrong with monsters dropping gold (and hey, some times, anime and games make it make sense, like Log horizon explained why it happens, though it was a setting-specific explanation) I think its really interesting and kinda unique that you made it so the player can't become a millionaire by killing millions of slimes (assuming you have slimes in this game).

Also, I love the artwork, good work tsarmina

Yeah, unfortunately there would be no reasonable explanation as to why a bouncing apple (yes Knighty, you heard me correctly) would be carrying amounts of gold. O_o :) There might be slimes. Maybe they're made of jell-o.

Thanks about the artwork too ^^

I've just seen this topic. Looks like it will be totally awesome! And beautiful! Great job so far, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. The artwork and the maps look very pretty.

Thanks! I'm working very happily on it. It's not as...draining as Ariel. hehe~ :D

Such awesome mapping <3 Really love the whole parallax thing. Have to get into that myself as well!

I really want to eat Tsarmina this thread now. Everything looks so delicious. xD

Sometimes, I forget I'm a diabetic.

Awww. Issokay. You can mentally consume all you want! ^-^

It's a sweet looking game :P (feeling puntastic today)

Such awesome mapping <3 Really love the whole parallax thing. Have to get into that myself as well!

Hehehehe~ ;) Thanks guys. I'm enjoying this game.

Waaaaaah, it's up already?! My goodness, everyone here is a game-deving ninja! I'm thinking this is a topic about it's outlines and stage planning or something--nope, show room submission, lol!

This looks utterly fantastic~! I adore the feminine vibes SS gives, and I'm just so in love with how the artwork looks~ Very manga-esque. :D

And your maps are just...brilliant! I mean, you put such a creative spin on things and it all works together so well. It's pure eye candy;)

Looking forward to a demo for this so hard! And I can support it because you remembered a support bar! YAY! It's like Christmas has come early for me~ *totes*

Tsarmina and Knighterius like this

Waaaaaah, it's up already?! My goodness, everyone here is a game-deving ninja! I'm thinking this is a topic about it's outlines and stage planning or something--nope, show room submission, lol!

This looks utterly fantastic~! I adore the feminine vibes SS gives, and I'm just so in love with how the artwork looks~ Very manga-esque. :D

And your maps are just...brilliant! I mean, you put such a creative spin on things and it all works together so well. It's pure eye candy;)

Looking forward to a demo for this so hard! And I can support it because you remembered a support bar! YAY! It's like Christmas has come early for me~ *totes*

*a million huggles* AAAAH ALLUSION you are always so supportive and inspiring!!~ I don't know what I would do without you TTwTT You just...punch through my writer's block. Or artist's block. Or programming block. Or whatever XD 

Love your pun about the candy. Hehe. I didn't catch it the first time around XD

Adorable indeed, the world needs more cute fun-times like this. I like the whole, "a few tiny maps with lots in them" idea, and what pretty maps they are ;3

Aww, thanks! I do love mapping...once I get into it. It takes so much effort to start a new one haha ãƒ¾(。´∇`)ï½¼

Allusion and Knighterius like this

Hey, look, it's news. :3

Spectre is nice enough to help me develop Sugar Sweet, since I'm a tota doofus when it comes to databasing, skills, and battle systems--which, since Sugar Sweet focuses on these elements...I was kind of in need of help....XD

Anyway, if you haven't seen him around, you will soon enough. His picture might be of a blue-haired girl's but I assure you, he is a guy. >w<" And yep! He's given to a-ok to help me with this project, so now he's on board. I'm not a lone dev anymore ^_^

I have...a new screenie X3

I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but for the effort involved, I think it turned out really well! Hehe.

Z26EH84.png

Ooh~ that's a nice little screenie ya got there >w< it's pretty!

Tsarmina likes this

Heya y'all~ Spec here, Tsar's partner in crime.

Little update: Not much is happening. Rest assured though, the both of us should be freed up by the New Year's.

And in the spirit of festivities, here's my gift to everyone: some previews for the busts used for two of the 'antagonists': Basil and Anise:

Basil-1Preview_zps31e21a26.pngAnise-1Preview_zps2f8ddd6c.png