TwilightTeddiez

Remnants of Twilight: Age of Arius

48 posts in this topic

be6a85ed98e0f54c7e154366cd2c4131_new1_by

banner_introduction_by_twilightteddiez-d

Remnants of Twilight: Age of Arius is the first installment to a five part series that follows Oboro, and his sister, Vira, as they traverse five different planets in order to stop Amaya's corruption from spreading throughout the universe of Rumara. The game takes place on the planet Kirin, where the world is inhabited by many people, demons, and structures that can be found within Japanese, Egyptian, and Greek Culture/Mythology. 

banner_story_by_twilightteddiez-d88ez0v. 

Long ago, in the realm of Rumara, there existed two great deities. Jaizen, who believed in good will and peace above all, and Amaya, who believed the world should be filled with destruction and chaos. These two god's fought constantly for years to decide who would rule over the universe, but due to their equal powers, they were unable to crown a victor. Soon enough, Amaya came up with an idea. She proposed that they both create lesser beings of themselves and have them sort out their conflicts for them. This brought upon the birth of the Exceed, and a war that lasted 500 years known as "The Karma War".

For 500 years, they watched the Exceed slaughter each other in the name of their master. While Amaya was enjoying herself with the battle, Jaizen had come to realize what a fool he was. He had been tricked into giving Amaya what she wanted. Hoping to end the senseless bloodshed, Jaizen pleaded to Amaya, hoping that she would agree to a truce, but she was too stubborn and his words fell on deaf ears. With no other option, Jaizen took it upon himself to try and stop the war by force, attemping to rise the Exceed from the planet with his own powers. Amaya would not let this happen, and from his blindside she struck her hand through his chest, draining away his powers slowly. Though she had believed she won, her plan backfired, as she began to be sucked inside his body instead.

Though Amaya had been defeated, Jaizen had felt a sense of regret deep within him over the decision he made, and knew what he had to do to make it right. He lifted the remaining Exceed from the planet Karma, and placed them upon the new formed city of Mavin, which rested high above the universe. He then split Karma into five seperate planets, and placed rules upon the universe. Finally seeing his time to the end, he condensed himself into a sword known as "Acacius", which shattered and placed themselves deep within the core of the five planets. As the sword pieces struck, they brought new life to the world, both good and bad.

Now a new evil has risen, breaking the will of Jaizen in an attempt to revive Amaya back into the world.

banner_features_by_twilightteddiez-d88ez

• Active Time Battle System: With the ability to switch back and forth on whether to stop the battle from flowing during the command screen or keeping it going during by changing the difficulty of the game. 
  • Alchemic Historia: Allows you to create 100s upon 100s of amazing items, costumes, lore books, and Augmentation material by transmuting alchemy material you collect off mobs and other sources. Thank you Venka for the Script!
  • Custom Outfits/Skins: Change character's appearance in game with titles that changed their appearance. These titles can be collected through Events, Alchemy, and many more options.
  • Divine/Deviant Resonance: Characters fuse with their Exceed partners to become stronger beings overall in an act known as "Divine/Deviant Resonance"
  • Skit System: Small events that tell more about the story that pop up on your screen randomly while you're trying to think of a new place to go. Be damned by the events! Be Damned!
  • Achievements: Who doesn't want to spend forever collecting achievements!? Exactly!
  • Full Scale Talent System: Allows you to customize the characters as you see fit with a ten line talent page made to drive you crazy as hell.
  • Original Music: Created by the magnificent Darren Curtis!
  • Fully Voiced: By the wonderful people I've collected through the VA Forums!

banner_characters_by_twilightteddiez-d88

info_oboro_by_twilightteddiez-d88f1p2.pn

idle_by_twilightteddiez-d88j2jm.gifidle__2__by_twilightteddiez-d88fae0.gifoboro_green_by_twilightteddiez-d8agz53.goboro_divine_blue_flame_by_twilightteddioboro_divine_by_twilightteddiez-d87618k.

Oboro is an abandoned child that was adopted by Cassiel and Lailah Lazera. Though Cassiel, once a great general of the Vatican Army, wanted Oboro to live on his legacy, Oboro had no desire to be involved in violence. That however changed once he was exposed to what the Nebulus Army, an evil organization that fights against the Vatican, had done to the people of Azrin. With a great desire to help stop the Nebulus Invasion, Oboro, along with his siter, Vira, decided to join the Vatican Army on his sevententh birthday. However, that was until they were mysteriously transported to the planet Kirin.

info_vira_by_twilightteddiez-d88f287.png

vira_lazera_by_twilightteddiez-d88f770.g

Vira is the adopted child of Cassiel Lazera and Lailah Lazera. Found beaten and bloody in an ally, Cassiel brought her home to mend her wounds. When she awoke, she had no memory of who she was or where she came from, all she could remember was her name. Unable to abandon her, The Lazera family took her in.

info_aether_by_twilightteddiez-d88f2k7.p

Aether is an Exceed and the child of Chronos. Once the partner for Elizabeth, the Goddess, he now resides inside Oboro in hopes to find the person who truly killed Elizabeth and to atone for his sins.

info_tsukuyama_by_twilightteddiez-d88f2u

The last remaining member of the Madara Family, Tsukuyama is the son of Decem Madara, and a once proud "Knight Of Paragon" until he was framed for the Goddess's death. After being locked away for two years, Tsukuyama was broken out of Nezher Prison by Syliune Madara, who gained information on his whereabouts.

info_syliune_by_twilightteddiez-d88f2zz.

idle__1__by_twilightteddiez-d88f7ck.gif

Syliune is a young demon girl found in the forest by Tsukuyama Madara. After saving her from near death, Tsukuyama took her in as her Father and gave her the name , Syliune, in remembrance to his sister who had passed.

info_kazumi_by_twilightteddiez-d88f38i.p

Once a beautiful and famous Shirabayoshi of the Imperial Captial, Kazumi Akiyama stood above all those before her. However, After accidently killing a general of the Imperial Army, she fled to the city of Veldara to protect her family and herself. She now works as a entertainer at a small pub known as "Ridge Hearts".

info_brantu_by_twilightteddiez-d88f3kz.p

Once a great General of the Arcadian Knights, Brantu was born into the Miron family who have served under the Arcadian King since the first war. However, once Dimitri Cross I was killed by his son, Dimitri Cross II, Brantu resigned from his post and joined the Goddess, Elizabeth, as one of her "Knights of Paragon". Alongside the other knights, Brantu did what he could to protect the people of Kirin and bring peace to the world as much as possible for two years. Thought when Elizabeth was killed, Brantu fell into a deep depression. Instead of being the once righteous man that was praised throughout all of Kirin, he became known as the flirtatious drunk of "Ridge Hearts".

info_hraf_by_twilightteddiez-d88f45m.png

Hraf Ravensong is the oldest son of Damon Ravensong, Leader of the Ravensong Clan. Though many wanted him to be a strong assassin just like his Father when he grew up, Hraf felt no need to spend his time training and worrying about becoming the Heir. All he wanted to do was have fun and play tricks on people. This however changed when Damon decided to brain wash his son into following his every command. With no true will of his own, Hraf had become a puppet, only able to follow through with his Father's every desire.

info_cylentt_by_twilightteddiez-d88f4rc.

Cylentt is the youngest child of Damon Ravensong. Due to being born a girl, her Father felt no need to train her in the Art of Assassination. He believed that women were not capable of becoming good assassins and that they were better suited to serve men. Cylentt disagrees with her Father's belief, and believed that her Father was being too bias. In secrecy, she trained alongside her brother, Hraf. Though it was difficult at first for her to grasp the true nature of the assassin, she eventually gained enough skill to impress her Father. She had passed each test that was placed before her with flying colors, until she was tasked with the mission of assassinating the Prince of Arcadia, Fordaorn Cross.

ruruka_isonash_forum_by_twilightteddiez-

Daughter of the bow, Ruruka is the only child of Isamu Isonash, A great tribal hunter that once belonged to the Matsumae Clan who live deep within the Aokigahara Forest. After her Father disappeared and left his troops on the battlefield during a hunt, the Isonash name became tarnished. Though many believed that he abandoned his men, Ruruka believes something else hapened to her Father. In order to bring glory back to the Isonash name, Ruruka trained hard to surpass her Father. Being the only member of her Clan to be able to wield the Sagittaria's powers with ease at such a young age, brought a slight bit of glory back to the name, but that faded quickly as she was banned from the Matsumae Clan due to her bringing the outsider, Dalmaste, into their Village. With nowhere to go, and noone to go to, Ruruka decided to make her way to the city of Veldara, in hopes that she can find work to support herself as well as the mysterious young boy.

dalmaste_forums_by_twilightteddiez-d8aha

Dalmaste is a young man who was saved by Ruruka as she was returning home to her village from picking fruits in the Aokigahara Forest. 
Dalmaste had no memory of who he was or how he came to be within these woods. Confused on what to do, Ruruka decided to take Dalmaste and let him stay inside the cave that she trained in secretly since the people of her Village did not respect humans and what they stood for. Though she told Dalmaste to stay hidden until she returned, he did not follow through with her orders and was caught by one of the scouting guards. The Villagers decided that they would burn Dalmaste in the flames of the Hearth that burned in the center of the Village. Ruruka, realizing what was going on, stood up and told the Villagers to not hurt the boy that she had brought to the village. The Elder of the village gave Ruruka two choices, to either let the boy burn within the Hearth, or be exiled from the Village along with the boy, and never to return again. In the end, Ruruka decided to spare by the boy's life and was exiled from the Village. With nowhere to go and no supplies to live off of, Ruruka and Dalmaste decided to make their way to Veldara, The Capital City, with hopes of finding work and shelter.

banner_screenshot_by_twilightteddiez-d88

mock_demikid_battle5_by_twilightteddiez-
mock_demikid_battle4b_by_twilightteddiez
conversation_by_twilightteddiez-d88f5wm.

untitled_by_twilightteddiez-d8agctg.png

untitled_by_twilightteddiez-d8agctb.png

map001_by_twilightteddiez-d8ah9x6.png

map001_by_twilightteddiez-d8aha31.png

map003_by_twilightteddiez-d8aha2y.png

map006_by_twilightteddiez-d8aha2q.png

banner_music_by_twilightteddiez-d88f9ef.

(Sorry about all the songs being connected to this one track. Can only upload so many media files to the topic, so I had to make it easier to get to. There are eight songs in total that will play when you click the above Soundcloud Track!.)

banner_art_by_twilightteddiez-d88f9k2.pn

forum_komainu_by_twilightteddiez-d88f9uk
forum_divine_by_twilightteddiez-d88fa5w.
forum_vira_by_twilightteddiez-d88fa5s.pn
forum_oboro_by_twilightteddiez-d88fa5u.p
forum_cover_by_twilightteddiez-d88fa5y.p

magic_circle_forum_by_twilightteddiez-d8

guards_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahdpr.png

daddy_tsukuyama_by_mellanthe_d8a0ar6_by_

sphinx_forums_by_twilightteddiez-d8aheaj

uraeus_forum_by_twilightteddiez-d8aheag.

team_forums_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahdvx.p

forum_demi_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1i.pn

forum_mell_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf14.pn

forum_darren_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1k.

forum_erlyn_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1h.p

forum_gard_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1g.pn

forum_maya_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf18.pn

forum_monti_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf0z.p

forum_lauren_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1b.

forum_kis_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf1e.png

forum_pally_by_twilightteddiez-d8ahf3b.p

Please understand that almost all the screenshots above are placeholder and are subject to change within the near future. We just wanted to show off what we are trying to do while we collect the extra resources for the rest of the game. A demo will be released for the game in three months time, so I hope everyone will keep coming back and checking up on the project for that smile.gif

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to put them below and we will keep our eyes out for them! We have no lives, so that shouldn't be a problem at all! Also if you would like to see more of our work you can follow the links below to our social media pages:

https://www.facebook.com/TwilightTeddiezStudios

https://twitter.com/TwilightTeddiez

http://twilightteddiez.tumblr.com/

Or if you would like to view our project on Kickstarter, you can follow the link below this text:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/889743262/remnants-of-twilight-age-of-arius-0

We hope you all enjoy the project and have a wonderful day!

ezgif_com_resize__2__by_twilightteddiez-

Edited by TwilightTeddiez

Whoaaa! This is gorgeous :) If there's one thing that catches my eye, it's really nice custom artwork. I love your cast of characters and everything is so beautifully put together!~ The storyline is classic but it seems like you have some interesting plans to put a twist on it :) Can't wait to see how this turns out!

...I keep staring at that blinking neko. owo

Whoaaa! This is gorgeous :) If there's one thing that catches my eye, it's really nice custom artwork. I love your cast of characters and everything is so beautifully put together!~ The storyline is classic but it seems like you have some interesting plans to put a twist on it :) Can't wait to see how this turns out!

...I keep staring at that blinking neko. owo

We're glad you like it! ^.^ We're hoping the demo will impress and give people a better understanding of our story. Maybe I should just add more stuff though...Maybe next week!

Wouldn't stare into her eyes too long, the creator went mad doing it o.0

~Jason Williams(Demikid)

'ey all,

A short summary about the progress on the game and Kickstarter.

Sadly, the Kickstarter failed, but we ain't givin' up~

Kickstarter is coming back in late February, only couple of months away!  It'll have more shiny GIFs, videos, pictures and vastly lowered goal. The goal is being reduced from $21,500 to $10,000 - $12,000.

Things to change for the next Kickstarter:

New rewards and revised reward tiers.

More examples for features~

Revised stretch goals.

Game is going to get on Greenlight few days before launching Kickstarter.

Website for the game will be up and ready. Oh, and forum for backers to hang out~

Because of lowered goal, the vast amounts of content and voice acting we had planned will be lowered. And the finished game will be ported to Unity for maximum flashiness~

All in all, the game is progressin' and ain't stopping~

Knighterius likes this

That battle interface looks gorgeous - so much gold!! The sprites and artwork are also lovely. Hraf and Cylentt have piqued my interest. :)

Best of luck with your next Kickstarter. I'm glad you're not giving up and I hope you can meet your goal this time.

*drools all over the topic*

*wipes off drool*

Sorry about that! This looks gorgeous and sexy! And smoooooth! Can has?

wow this loooks reallllyyyyy sweeetttt, i love the tales games wit hteh skits and voice over, so i am really excited for this to be available to play :P

Than you all for all your wonderful words about the project, it brings us joy ^.^

I wanted to come here and leave a small message saying that we will be updating up a Recruitment Thread soon as we are still in need for a few things in order to get the Development Team where we would like it :)

Some of  these roles consist of:

Assistant Programmer

Assistant Writer(Preferably Female)

Character Artist

Assistant Pixel Artist

There are more, but I didn't want to make too big of a message xD If you would like to apply for the positions, the Recruitment Thread should be up in a week, you know, once I figure out how to make one <.<. You can also send a PM to me and I'll be glad to speak with you about it. Most of these Positions are Paid Positions.

I hope everyone has a excellent day :)

~Jason Williams(Demikid)

Gotta say, everything looks great: the battle system, the graphics (especially the graphics; damn those are good sprites) and the amount of scripting support in-game. Not a huge fan of the story, but I think you've got quite a lot of potential tapped here. :)

Also, the recruitment and paid artist thing caught my eye. I'd love to help, but I'm kinda bogged down with commitments at the moment. If you're still interested in an on-and-off artist (preferably not pixel), feel free to hit me up in the PMs or drop by The Pantheon to pick one of us out. :3

This looks like a very interesting game! I love medieval/mythology fantasy based rpgs more than anything! If you don't mind me asking, how large is your game world? I'm asking because I'm curious how big do folks usually make their fantasy based rpg maker vx ace games?

I tend to think that if I can get through Zelda from start to finish in a matter of a few hours and the game is about that size then it's too short for a modern day fantasy rpg. I know there are probably many people that won't agree with that but that's just my own personal opinion about it.

Also, how do you plan to make a demo for this game or already have one?

@Twisted Warlok

In terms of hours, there should be around 40 hours of gameplay. Not including side quests.

And we're working on the demo, it's planned to be out in 2-3 months~

This is definitely a game worth spend hours on end playing. The graphics look so smooth and lightweight. Overall, it is a very beautiful piece! :D

This is definitely a game worth spend hours on end playing. The graphics look so smooth and lightweight. Overall, it is a very beautiful piece! :D

Thank you so much for your praise! We hope to not disappoint ^.^

I've been keeping an eye on this project since Glasses... no I mean Trivel xD has posted this on his update which was probably like a few months ago lol.

Games like these give me an inspiration with my project. I look forward to trying this out once the demo is released~ :3

P.S. Hopefully this shows that I'm not just a random person who liked your project for no reason, hehe~ xD

AlliedG likes this

Oh my goodness, this project looks stunning! I adore anything with zodiac themes, and there is such little out there with it! The artwork looks fantastic, and I'm sure the custom scripts will be no less than immaculate. (Glasses is beyond capable, indeed!)

UI looks attractive, smartly laid, and creative~ The story sounds pretty straightforward, and combined with the mythological flavors, (another one of my genre loves), this is sounding right up my alley! I'm so curious to see how it looks as it approaches it's polished state. I'll be keeping an eye on this one! 

I'm totally supporting this; may I use the bar in Glasses' signature? :3

I've been keeping an eye on this project since Glasses... no I mean Trivel xD has posted this on his update which was probably like a few months ago lol.

Games like these give me an inspiration with my project. I look forward to trying this out once the demo is released~ :3

P.S. Hopefully this shows that I'm not just a random person who liked your porject for no reason, hehe~ xD

That's really lovely to hear that we can give some inspiration to others ^.^ We're hoping that the Demo will show off everything we hope to achieve with this project! 

xD Hopefully you will be a very memorable person as we progress further and further into this project :) As for the random people...I have plans for them...Horrible Plans...<.<

Oh my goodness, this project looks stunning! I adore anything with zodiac themes, and there is such little out there with it! The artwork looks fantastic, and I'm sure the custom scripts will be no less than immaculate. (Glasses is beyond capable, indeed!)

UI looks attractive, smartly laid, and creative~ The story sounds pretty straightforward, and combined with the mythological flavors, (another one of my genre loves), this is sounding right up my alley! I'm so curious to see how it looks as it approaches it's polished state. I'll be keeping an eye on this one! 

I'm totally supporting this; may I use the bar in Glasses' signature? :3

Thank you for your awesome compliments ^.^ I'm hoping the scripts will be great or he's going back into the cage!

Hopefully we can impress you a lot more with our demo, hehe. We should be placing out some updates regarding the in-game map designs along with the In-Game Features very soon, so I hope you'll look out for that!

You may ^.^

I'm sorry about the sorta lacking updates on this thread, we'll try our best to bring every update possible to this forum as much as possible! However it will mostly be development updates, if you'd like to see what we will be doing as far as the project and Studio as a whole, you can also like or follow us at the links on this page for Facebook and Twitter :) You can also now follow our game at RPGmaker.net at the link below:

http://rpgmaker.net/games/7300/

Hope everyone is having a lovely day...or rather night xD Also at some point when I figure out how to work Blogs on this site I can start making Development Logs to keep this place up to date...Hmmm...Work...

~Jason Williams(Demikid)

Allusion and LadyMinerva like this

Hello everyone! I've come today to just give an update on one of the things we've been working on recently, We've been working on creating the Tiles and Maps that we will be using within the game. The Two I've come to present are Nakamura Area Images.

nakamura_gravesite_by_twilightteddiez-d8

nakamura_entrance_by_twilightteddiez-d8i

Nakamura Village is the home of the Nakamura Clan that was first founded by Selene Nakamura and is now ran by Irennea Nakamura, her only daughter. Based near the areas of Mount Fuji, the Cherry Blossoms bloom endlessly and surround the area in it's beautiful glow. 

Stay tuned for more updates and at some point that Development Blog that I have no clue how to use...I'm not bright!

~Jason Williams(Demikid)

Ooh, I love it~! Japanese themes for the win! ^-^ I do have a similar scene to that in my project but that is something for later~

The only minor thing I see is that you have the Torii gate overlapping the cherry blossoms; although that's debatable since I'm not sure which one is taller... xD

That is what I have to say for now other than the mapping style is a lot different than the screenshots on your project post, but still, this is gorgeous! :D

Ooh, I love it~! Japanese themes for the win! ^-^ I do have a similar scene to that in my project but that is something for later~

The only minor thing I see is that you have the Torii gate overlapping the cherry blossoms; although that's debatable since I'm not sure which one is taller... xD

That is what I have to say for now other than the mapping style is a lot different than the screenshots on your project post, but still, this is gorgeous! :D

Hehes, Thank you. Well, that they are still a work in progress, we will still have to go back and start re-texturing some areas so they really shine along with the rest of the map :)

Ah, yes. We originally were using some of the tiles that could be purchased for the RN Store, but we've recently hired another Pixel Artist to start working on the Tiles needed for the game, so we will be revamping everything we've previous created to match the Style as seen in the Nakamura Images. Hopefully they will come out great and be visually pleasing for the most part to the public :)

~Jason Williams(Demikid)

LadyMinerva likes this

(Drools Profusely)

I don't know what that completely means, but I'm going to take it as you like it xD 

I've come to again to show off some stuff as we have not been very active on the forums lately, which is saddening. So I'm going to try to show off as much as possible!

First off, we were finally able to get our Company Logo completed for TwilightTeddiezStudios, and it looks fantastic. Also it does look like the Dagnaronpa Bear, but it's not I swears!

final_on_background_2_by_twilightteddiez

Second, we've been working on fine tuning some of our maps, along with designing new Battlebacks for the areas that will be featured on the demo we will be releasing sometime this summer.

_2a06f4d448ac6f4f705936947154baaf6907975 

battleback_test_by_twilightteddiez-d8lm8

battleback_test_2_by_twilightteddiez-d8l

And now for the last thing, we've been working on some of the new monster designs for the demo as well. So we'd like to present to you the Tengu Minions, those who follow the Sojobo till death do them part:

karasu_tengu_sketch_by_sleepingfox_d8jsl

tengu_minion_by_twilightteddiez-d8lm9wd.

That's all for our updates for today :) I hope you guys enjoy them, though there isn't much to look at! Hopefully we can show off a lot more in the near future, but we must attempt to keep things hush hush as much as possible :)

Allusion, AlliedG and Gendgi like this