HaruAkira

Wanda - Simply an adventure released NOW! (9.99$ on Steam)

86 posts in this topic

Proudly Presented By

Kodots-logo01.png

Title-art-v.2-reduced.png

Trailer

Story synopsis

A short and simple, yet unforgettable tale of two wanderers on their adventure in search of the meaning of their existence in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. 

On the same quest, the two form an unexpected and peculiar bond as their simple tale of survival turn into extraordinarily gripping moments in this lonely place.

Features

- A graphical adventure with a tangible storyline

- Light mini-games and puzzles

- Custom sprite art

- Fully-customised maps

- A simple yet touching story

DEMO DOWNLOAD

Download the DEMO at Itch.io

BUY NOW!

Buy-Steam.png

Buy-itchz.png

Characters

The big bot: Big-one.png                  The small bot: Small-one.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 The two unlikely companions on a lonely wasteland. We cannot reveal anymore than that due to the length of the story and nature of the game.

Artworks

Title-art-v.2.pngConcept-art.pngPromo-02.png

Screenshots

Wanda%20Screenshot%2024a.jpgWanda%20Screenshot%2012.pngWanda%20Screenshot%2030.pngWanda%20Screenshot%2026.jpgWanda%20Screenshot%2027.jpgWanda%20Screenshot%2020.jpgWanda%20Screenshot%2018.jpg

Wanda comic preview

A little sneak-peak of our side-project :)

Pg01.png

Fan art

By Winston KZT:10934011_846190985424061_718755545969493                              By Rick Winters: 10917283_10205839184800499_8471208315459

Credits

Shaz

Yanfly
Mog
GDS

Kodots Games Studio members

Original Sound Tracks
David Lister

Original Sound Tracks Demo

Wanda-Web.png

Wanda-FB.png

Wanda_Twitterz.png

Edited by HaruAkira

Hello! I would like to get more feedback about this project :)

What do you think of it? Any comments?

By the way, here is the conceptual art for the Big One and The Small One. The Small One looks like EVA, so we changed it into something different in final version :)

Project-Wanda-concept-sketch.jpg

HaruAkira likes this

No idea why no one replied to such an unique looking project!

Art-wise I think you guys nailed it.

Please do share more on the story and gameplay. What kind of puzzles?

Hope you guys are good writers, the game's success will hinge greatly on the story, interactions and dialogues of the two characters.

One question, are the maps tile-based or are they parallaxes?

Thanks and Good Luck!

SomaelCK and HaruAkira like this

No idea why no one replied to such an unique looking project!

Art-wise I think you guys nailed it.

Please do share more on the story and gameplay. What kind of puzzles?

Hope you guys are good writers, the game's success will hinge greatly on the story, interactions and dialogues of the two characters.

One question, are the maps tile-based or are they parallaxes?

Thanks and Good Luck!

Thank you so much! We are very glad you like it. Your feedback means a lot to us! :D

This is our very first visual adventure game, so we are working hard on the story-telling.

The puzzles will be simple, not too difficult but will require some thinking. And the maps are parallaxes :) 

Thanks again!

SomaelCK likes this

Interesting, yes, but a bit flat, like the previous one you posted. I think you need more lines to draw a sense of perspective, for example on the floor and/or ceiling, through some pavements or metal pannels.

Also, more contrasts would greatly improve this sense of depth your pics lack of. In this last screen, the pillar-like structures onto which the sarcophagus things are put against seem far away from the wall behind it, at least judging by the difference of height between the basis of these pillars and the basis of the wall: using stronger contrasts (ie. deeper shadows) would increase this sense of depth and make the pillars stand ou more – even if the tall blue rectangles things are lights: they are not supposed to lit the wall they are on... On the need of contrasts for the public to get a good understanding of the environment, I recommend you check out my tutorial on lighting in level design: it's for an engine which has nothing to do with RPGM but still contains some usefull tips, or at least I think so.

As for the sarcophagus themselves, they look rather small compared to the pillars themselves and therefore seem to have been just put there, like put down against the pillars, as if anyone could just take them away: I think you need to add details to make them stand out more and/or to dress up the empty part between the rounded lights and the sarcophagus themselves. Let's say that they have a rather complex design compared to the pillars themselves, and they don't look like they're part of them – maybe some more wires and cables could go down from these rounded lights and plug into the sarcophagus, or from behind the pillars?

Keep up the good work  :)

SomaelCK and HaruAkira like this

Does it look interesting enough, interesting is a little bit of an understatement. It's looking beautiful, why is it whenever I see more of your work, I just want to see more. 

Ahahaha, thanks for your undying support! We will try our best! :)

Interesting, yes, but a bit flat, like the previous one you posted. I think you need more lines to draw a sense of perspective, for example on the floor and/or ceiling, through some pavements or metal pannels.

Also, more contrasts would greatly improve this sense of depth your pics lack of. In this last screen, the pillar-like structures onto which the sarcophagus things are put against seem far away from the wall behind it, at least judging by the difference of height between the basis of these pillars and the basis of the wall: using stronger contrasts (ie. deeper shadows) would increase this sense of depth and make the pillars stand ou more – even if the tall blue rectangles things are lights: they are not supposed to lit the wall they are on... On the need of contrasts for the public to get a good understanding of the environment, I recommend you check out my tutorial on lighting in level design: it's for an engine which has nothing to do with RPGM but still contains some usefull tips, or at least I think so.

As for the sarcophagus themselves, they look rather small compared to the pillars themselves and therefore seem to have been just put there, like put down against the pillars, as if anyone could just take them away: I think you need to add details to make them stand out more and/or to dress up the empty part between the rounded lights and the sarcophagus themselves. Let's say that they have a rather complex design compared to the pillars themselves, and they don't look like they're part of them – maybe some more wires and cables could go down from these rounded lights and plug into the sarcophagus, or from behind the pillars?

Keep up the good work  :)

Thank you very much for the detailed advice! This is our very first time with custom mapping so there are a lot of things we don't know... Thanks for the tips (^__^)/

SomaelCK likes this

I like what i see :)

The screenshots are indeed beautiful, the post-apocalyptic scenery is very, very welcome! I like the characters too.. The small robot kinda remind me of (you said it) EVA and the big one reminds me of Big Hero 6, i think they look lovely.  I also like the robotic/alien writings in the menu.

The colors look right in place.. and that's all i can momentarily say as you give us not much to deal with.

Ah, yes.. i love the storyline, well not exactly the storyline as i do not know it, but i do love the way it goes... something without 'killing the evil king/mage who wants to take over the world'. Very nice ^_^

I wished though you would post a small video; to see the whole thing in motion, listen to it's music/sfx and please do tell when we should expect a demo.

Edited by Nestat
HaruAkira and SomaelCK like this

I like what i see :)

The screenshots are indeed beautiful, the post-apocalyptic scenery is very, very welcome! I like the characters too.. The small robot kinda remind me of (you said it) EVA and the big one reminds me of Big Hero 6, i think they look lovely.  I also like the robotic/alien writings in the menu.

The colors look right in place.. and that's all i can momentarily say as you give us not much to deal with.

Ah, yes.. i love the storyline, well not exactly the storyline as i do not know it, but i do love the way it goes... something without 'killing the evil king/mage who wants to take over the world'. Very nice ^_^

I wished though you would post a small video; to see the whole thing in motion, listen to it's music/sfx and please do tell when we should expect a demo.

Thank you! :D The game is currently in a very early stage so we don't have much to show yet. We haven't added any custom music yet, so the demo will take some time....

But we will be revealing more and more as we progress. Thank you for your interest! :) 

SomaelCK likes this

Hey, I never mentioned this, but I really like the look of this. I hope you do well and keep making this! It deserves to be completed. ^.^ I went ahead and liked you on Facebook too to help you get out there!

SomaelCK likes this

Hey, I never mentioned this, but I really like the look of this. I hope you do well and keep making this! It deserves to be completed. ^.^ I went ahead and liked you on Facebook too to help you get out there!

Thank you! We aim to finalized the project around August :)

Steadily making the progress :)

Here are more recent screenshots

Wanda-Screenshot%209.pngWanda-Screenshot%2010.pngWanda-Screenshot%2011.png

Izu. likes this

Y'know, I saw this topic and Somael was the last replier and I saw their avatar picture, and I thought they were the topic maker for a second, and I was hoping so much that it was a game about a sheep, xD, but this looks awesome in and of itself. O_o. EDIT:: Oh, Somael is involved in development, xD. Well . . . still.

Edited by RavenBlueIndigo
SomaelCK likes this

Y'know, I saw this topic and Somael was the last replier and I saw their avatar picture, and I thought they were the topic maker for a second, and I was hoping so much that it was a game about a sheep, xD, but this looks awesome in and of itself. O_o. EDIT:: Oh, Somael is involved in development, xD. Well . . . still.

Haru is the artist of the project and I do the rest. Sorry for the confusion. It was me who usually reply the topic and update the news and stuff :)

Happy to announce that Project Wanda has finally got a very talented composer to move the story with music!

This is a demo he made for Project Wanda from the impression of Artworks and Screenshots alone.

Please enjoy David's creation! :D

Izu. likes this