• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  

9 posts in this topic

post-8918-0-74644300-1387755053.png

WARNING!

This Video Game contains rude language, as well as not so pleasant to the eye blood and guts... maybe even corpses, who knows.

SyOwsCG.png

Introduction

Hi! You may know me from places such as_______

That's right! I'm the nobody who lurks around in the internet, stalks people on the internet and even sometimes makes fun of how awful people are.

I'm actually human, so... that's par for the course. I guess i could be a little bit nicer... but meh! I'm too lazy to change myself now...

"What does that have anything to do with your game?" you ask?

Well... a lot actually.

This Game is kind of based around my World... so prepare for the worst... and i mean it.

I've gone through so many paths in my past life that i wanted to make a game out of it.

And here it is... the game called "Soul Effect"...

Story

"The year is 2XXX. We live in a world full of monsters... that were previously our beloved animals.

Animals... Insects... and even some Plant life are roaming around our Earth, searching for something to kill and eat.

It is a virus that caused all this... a virus that spread like wildfire a few hundreds years ago.

We have created a special force that is known by the name Anti Monster Company, A.M.C. for short, that is commissioned to kill all of these monsters.

But... it is very difficult to get rid of them... these monsters populate quick and the A.M.C. is just enough to hinder these populations.

There's... a very odd sense i'm getting from these A.M.C. members...

I don't know what it is... but i wanna find out, no matter what."

-Molly Quill Reporter

Characters

ITx4Xjz.png

Name: Sanja Sokolov

Birthday: Year 2XXX, Month 3, Day 20

Hobbies: None

Description: I'm Sanja Sokolov. I hate everything. That's why i don't bother trying to explain myself right now.

I'm a no one. I've never accomplished something in my life, so that's why i joined A.M.C. to change that.

hg9UiPM.png

Name: Jayden Whitley

Birthday: Year 2XXX, Month 12, Day 25

Hobbies: Drawing

Description: My name is Jayden Whitley. I'm a shy guy and i like a lot of things. 

I'm an adopted child. I never really knew who my parents were... but that's ok.

5DcnEQg.png

Name: Shin Shikigami

Birthday: Year 2XXX, Month 10, Day 29

Hobbies: Videogames

Description: Hi, my name's Shin! My Dream is it to become a Game Designer... but i lack a lot of things 

to be a game designer and i never really asked for help, so... i decided to join the A.M.C. instead.

Credits

Aletheos Eberlain - C/B mechanic

Mr. Bubble - Animations

Aweryn - Animations

Aweryn - Battlers

Butler from Sakura.net/jap - Battlers

BloodSugar - Battlers

Closet - Battlers

KEMOGURA - Battlers

Magellan - Battlers

Yumiru - Script

Erzengel - Menu Script

Mithran - Script

Woratana - Script

Ccoa - Script

modern algebra - Script

Gagay GB Production - Skill Lvls Script

apoc - Title

IXFURU - Scripting alot of stuff for me

Moghunter - Script

battler graphic by Zeirt

Yanfly - Script

WinterBlossoms - Battler

Apoc - Tilesets

AmySaurus - Character Sprites

catjakin - Tilesets

fbu - Tilesets

Zylos - script

Credtis to the Tankentai Sideview Battlesystem Team

-Mithran

-Shu

-Moonlight

-NightWalker

-Enelvon

-Atoa 

-AlphaWhelp

-blackmorning

-mark paul

- CrimsonSeas

-Kaduki

-Enu

Screenshots

byNWkLN.png

WlVczHa.png

2InIaTQ.png

Gj9pC0V.png

c07juqE.png

Download

Bugs

Sometimes, in battle, you can get a soft lock. I dunno what can be done to repair that. Don't worry though... it's EXTREMLY rare so it should not be a problem... i hope... 

Edited by ShinNessTen
Knighterius and Chaosian like this

I gotta try this. It looks good.

Thank you for being the first person to check it out! :-D

By the way, do you guys see what i see? Some of the spoilers don't seem to hide the things, like they're supposed to do this??? :-(

Thank you for being the first person to check it out! :-D

By the way, do you guys see what i see? Some of the spoilers don't seem to hide the things, like they're supposed to do this??? :-(

That happened to me too while I was making my signature...

Soooo I tried out this game and I'm really enjoying it!

I'm about to head out to slay the Land Dragon or whatever. :P

This game gives me the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibe in the sense that you can choose your party members and quests.

I also like how you can kinda customize your party by choosing who gets the chips. I also like how the equipment can help you decide what role you want each party member to play.

Also Sanja is a total badass.

Edited by LegendaryMoon

Soooo I tried out this game and I'm really enjoying it!

I'm about to head out to slay the Land Dragon or whatever. :P

This game gives me the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon vibe in the sense that you can choose your party members and quests.

I also like how you can kinda customize your party by choosing who gets the chips. I also like how the equipment can help you decide what role you want each party member to play.

Also Sanja is a total badass.

OMG A REPLY! I cannot believe this! lol

Thank you! I actually never played any Mystery Dungeon Games, so i don't know what you're talking about! I just go and assume that's good! xd

Nice level design on the area outside hospital, but your 3 main character portraits look really similar to each other. Could you try making them more unique?

Edited by gemvee