Photo
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Game Maker & Ace User                                  
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

1I96CJU.png

BJY0aBJ.png
"Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse" is a Sidescroller Arcade Shooter game with RPG elements.

ZuDfexk.png
Two regal sisters were ruling the land of Erpegia together. They were keeping the peace for all the land.
However, one fateful day the peace was broken. Chaos Master Snix has cursed the younger sister making her evil.
The older sister had no idea what happened and was trying to stop her, but with no results.
The only solution was to use magic and banish the evil sister. However, during that process some of the residents were cursed by the evil sister.
. . . And Good and Evil sides were created . . .

Many years later the Castle of Benevolence is under attack.
The older sister loses hope for return of her younger sister and decides to end this once and for all. 
. . . And the final battle is about to begin . . .

YBS6Xhu.png
OH0GPyn.png
2RoaO1V.png
5PC1Y3g.png

c9SMPsu.png

Spoiler

8QRL7TQ.png
● Completely unique gameplay (as for RPG Maker)
● Challenging gameplay (Some 'Bullethell')
● RPG Elements like Spells and Levels
● Very high amount of custom content (almost RTP free)
● Gameplay purely scripted
● Convenient Autosave
● Chapter Selection
● Tons of my silly pixel art (made in hurry) =3

PLANNED FEATURES
Though this game is kind of completed, I still plan to add and improve some features
● Ending
● Unlockables
● Hardcore Mode
● Challenge Mode
● Better AI
● More enemies
● More enemy bullet types (homing etc.)
● More bosses (improved final battle)
● Game Manual in-game

PUj8jFi.png
Spoiler

5VTbnrT.png
tCPf79d.png
Filesize: 31.5 MB
RTP Requirement: No

Known Issues: Dekita's Heavily Optimized Input System can sometimes throw an error, however the game seems to be working perfectly.

(This is not my fault - the same issue was happening with any other project I've tried with this system)

(This issue was reported to the author of this system)

Version History:

Spoiler

XO4RDJO.png
Note: I plan to add Game Manual to game in future.

Spoiler

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain Reaction | Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse | Frozen Dream | Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

Scripting stuff in VX Ace? Ever wanted to put script calls during playing? Perhaps RK5 Debug Console will help!

#2 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6242 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

Riki, you're allowed to approve your own game. XP

This looks so cute! I love the sisters >w< they're so adorable! (I only really noticed in the signature banner how similar they actually look O_o) I wanna play this now hehehe.

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#3 EpicFILE

EpicFILE

A man wearing a frog suit!

• 400 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

The music is epic and the sound effect is cool!

Somehow I can't focus when I see the walking troops on the bridge.

IDK why, they seems funny and make me laugh. xD

Lightweight, but fun game!  :D

*I still haven't beaten level 1...  :ph34r:

Currently Working On

caOt1zs.png

Witness the power of the brotherhood!

Collections

1jRvh5I.png m09PFGi.png

Supporting

Spoiler

#4 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

Riki, you're allowed to approve your own game. XP

This looks so cute! I love the sisters >w< they're so adorable! (I only really noticed in the signature banner how similar they actually look O_o) I wanna play this now hehehe.

Hihi, I noticed, that I could post this directly here, but I wanted to follow rules anyway. =3

Thankies! =3 I hope you'll not get shrekt on the first level! =3

The music is epic and the sound effect is cool!

Somehow I can't focus when I see the walking troops on the bridge.

IDK why, they seems funny and make me laugh. xD

Lightweight, but fun game!  :D

*I still haven't beaten level 1...  :ph34r:

I was wondering if I should make & replace all the sound effects to 8 bitish, but I was kind of lazy ~ maybe in future. =3

Also, I heard, that the voice-sounds are annoying ~ In speakers they sound nice ~ just like in NES games, though I believe it's really annoying on headphones. =3

The troops may be out of place, but these are sprites of the teammates from that event. =3

Yup, it's pretty simple, but I really liked how it turned out. =3

I'm wondering if I should add a local-coop mode, but I don't think it's needed here. =P

Ah that difficulty ~ for me it's easy, but I heard, that nearly everybody has problems with beating it. =P A good strategy may help. (=

Also, there is a ti-- e--te- -g- c-e-t co-- *cough* *cough* that can be -u- d-r--g g-me---y *cough* *cough* to make stuff much easier. There's a hint hidden somewhere.   :ph34r:

LraXqtS.png

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain Reaction | Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse | Frozen Dream | Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

Scripting stuff in VX Ace? Ever wanted to put script calls during playing? Perhaps RK5 Debug Console will help!

#5 HeckHound

HeckHound

Kicking my brain in the stomach until it throws up ideas.

• 107 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

I've spent close to a week on it and I can't get past the first level. That being said, I've never been any good at these sorts of games.

All in all though, it's responsive and I like the aesthetics.

I do have one question though, even though I didn't get to the end: will there be a sequel where the Good sister's protege goes on a mission to exorcise the evil out of the Evil sister? :P

Life is a Journey, Time is a River, The Door is Ajar.

Following:

zexeriA.png0kvZ4lp.png

#6 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

I do have one question though, even though I didn't get to the end: will there be a sequel where the Good sister's protege goes on a mission to exorcise the evil out of the Evil sister?  :P

The current ending is kinda made in hurry ~ ... well.. there's technically no ending at all ~ kinda... but you can find the answer at the end of the game. (=
I'm not sure when or if I'll be even making a sequel at all, but yes, I was thinking about this and I have some ideas, but now I should focus on MLP game. =P

Okay, okay, many people has problems with beating this game ~ I think I should put a lower difficulty, but the current difficulty was easy for me, so I left that be. =P

- cheat code removed -

LraXqtS.png

#7 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Retired

• 724 posts
  • LocationLand of Shadows

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:10 PM

Hmm...

You told me you were making a good project, Riki. But you didn't tell me you were making an AMAZING project! :3

Seriously, this is really good. And just like the others said, these sisters are extremely adorable. Whenever I get the chance to play this game, I'll make sure to edit this post and tell you what I think about it.

Retired.

Twitter
Discord - SkyUsanin#7289

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#8 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

Why, thank you! =3

Just to be clear ~ the sisters aren't drawn by me (I made only tiny edits though) ~ I'm saying that just in case, because I do not want to take a credit for what I didn't do. Though that's true, they're adorable. =3

Anyway I'm glad you liked the look of it and I hope you'll like the game as well! (=

LraXqtS.png

#9 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Retired

• 724 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Hey again, Riki.

I've beaten your game :P Hehehehe Don't worry, your game is not easy. Definitely not. These are my results:

• Stage 1 - 2 Tries
  • Stage 2 - 2 Tries
  • Stage 3 - 1st Try
  • Final Boss - 3 Tries

Yep, I started playing it today and finished it today, but that's because I'm very used to projectile avoiding and stuff like that. I'm a Hardcore gaming fan, so that's probably why it didn't take me many tries to beat it.

But your game is really good. The concept and stories are quite interesting and aww...

SPOILER ALERT, PLAYERS.

Spoiler

I might have to ask you some questions about some of your project's features, since some of them are what I'm going to do for one of my games (The Bounty Hunters series, by the way). I must say, this game is really good! Really really good!

Can I tell you one more thing? I didn't use the Spacebar Special Attack >;3 Hehehehe

It's a very nice project, Riki. Congratulations.

EDIT: There's an error in the game. If you close it directly from the [ X ] instead of the "Quit" option, it shows an error box and then closes normally.

Edited by Sky Usanin, 18 November 2015 - 02:17 PM.

Retired.

Twitter
Discord - SkyUsanin#7289

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#10 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hello!

Yeah, it's quite challenging. =P

Not bad results I must admit ~ I'm glad you managed to beat it, since I'm always getting comments, that this game is too hard. =P

I'm really glad you liked it, because everything was made in hurry ~ the story, stage backgrounds, dialogues, gameplay ~ everything was made in less than a month, so the haste can be seen. At first I wanted to put a longer introduction ~ slower story flow etc. but there was no time, so I turned that to kinda NES style game, where there's no much details in stories, but a quick introduction. At least everything is connected properly. The ending is just not finished ~ kinda. I wanted to put a cutscene like at the beginning, so there may be changes in future.

Basically it's not the end of story ~ it's not the end of the sisters ~ and it's not the end of the Evil, because Chaos Master Snix still can turn everything upside down. . .

I'm really glad you liked the features and such ~ My aim is always to make as unique game as possible, so whenever there is an idea/ a chance to replace default RPG style / RTP, then I'm doing my best to do so and it's really good to hear, that it paid off. =3

About the Nova Spell - at least it was used automatically few times upon leveling up. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now if you want to freely shrekt everything on your way, then use the cheat code and have fun. =3

As for error - wasn't that the 'keyhewk' error sometimes? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Yes I know about this and it is stated below download link as 'Known Issues'. Sadly, it's not my fault - I wish it was mine, because that way I could fix that, but it's just a bug with a script and author doesn't support this anymore because of MV. (I'm beginning to hate MV, because Ace is dying pretty quickly). But yes, the crashes don't break the game and it works perfectly, so at least that's something.

- Now that reminded me - that I forgot to put one person in credits lol, what a shame, gonna update the game -

Thank you very much for your feedback and I'm really glad you liked that game. I'm absolutely proud of this project, because it is my first completed game ever created. Achievement get! =3

Thank you! ^^

LraXqtS.png

#11 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

48qqBxb.png
Game has been updated to version 1.0.1!

Changelog:
- Added credit to Dekita, because for some reason I forgot to do so, sorry!
- Fixed damage dealt to boss from normal attack - it was set to deal 1 damage per bullet
   no matter on character level - it is set to deal damage according to the Game Manual,
   so that means, that the final boss will be quicker to defeat
- Boss's firing rate has been slightly increased to make it more difficult
- Boss HP bar position has been lowered
- Boss is shooting projectiles from his (her) hand, not from 'OUT OF NOWHERE!' anymore
- Improved grammar in dialogues, because they were made in hurry (thanks to Nirwanda)
- Added something else to credits
- Updated Game Manual (in-post) - Mana Recovery Rate information was added

LraXqtS.png

#12 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Retired

• 724 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

So, Riki, I've just beaten it again without using the Spacebar Attack XD

Hahaha I'm so evil :3

Interesting updates. I'll PM you to talk about a suggestion I have for the project~

Retired.

Twitter
Discord - SkyUsanin#7289

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#13 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

The Spacebar Attack is unlocked very late, so it can't be used much anyway. =3

Thank you and okay~

LraXqtS.png

#14 Linnet5

Linnet5

• 13 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

Neat project! I haven't tried it out that much since I couldn't beat the first level (and I easily get frustrated when I suck haha :D).

If you'd like some criticism/review of the very small segment I played I would say that I think your game could benefit from automatic fire on the Z button since right now it's pretty much button mashing to get the fastest damage per second!

I love the intro, and the art in it though! The music is great too!

I'll make sure to follow this project! But I might not be able to beat the first level cause I'm such a noob haha ;)!

LI8jcJo.jpg

#15 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

Thank you very much for your feedback! (=

You don't 'suck' ~ actually many people are telling me, that this game is too hard and they cannot beat that. That's true, it may be hard for people, who not got used to bullethell type games. And I was afraid it will be too easy. =P

Glad you liked it and I'm bringing an update for you! =3

Now it should be easier to beat! ^^

48qqBxb.png
Game has been updated to version 1.0.2!

Changelog:

- Added 'Autofire' - You can fully focus on dodging bullets now. (Your keyboard can relax)

- Removed 'Bullet Limit' - You may now shot as fast as you want, without any limits!

LraXqtS.png

#16 Linnet5

Linnet5

• 13 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Thank you very much for your feedback! (=

You don't 'suck' ~ actually many people are telling me, that this game is too hard and they cannot beat that. That's true, it may be hard for people, who not got used to bullethell type games. And I was afraid it will be too easy. =P

Glad you liked it and I'm bringing an update for you! =3

Now it should be easier to beat! ^^

48qqBxb.png
Game has been updated to version 1.0.2!

Changelog:

- Added 'Autofire' - You can fully focus on dodging bullets now. (Your keyboard can relax)

Alright awesome! 

I just managed to reach lvl 2. The difficulty seems just about right now (at least for me). No more button mashing means that I can focus on dodging which is good in a bullet hell shooter.

By the end of stage 1 it got a little easy with the wide beam but as soon as I entered the forest the game felt balanced again (which is also good cause it makes the player feel progress). 

To be honest this is a really good little game, and I think you should definitely be proud of it  :D !

LI8jcJo.jpg

#17 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:43 AM

Alright awesome! 

I just managed to reach lvl 2. The difficulty seems just about right now (at least for me). No more button mashing means that I can focus on dodging which is good in a bullet hell shooter.
By the end of stage 1 it got a little easy with the wide beam but as soon as I entered the forest the game felt balanced again (which is also good cause it makes the player feel progress). 

To be honest this is a really good little game, and I think you should definitely be proud of it  :D !

That's true - the most important thing was 'how fast you can shot', now it will be balanced for everybody. But you're still able to do the button mashing to achieve higher DPS. =3

That's true, each time you level up - the game gets really easier, so the 1st part of the level is always more difficult, than the second one.

Thank you! ~ and yes - I'm proud of it! It's my first completed game after all! =3

(Also forgot to mention something in the changelog... *updating*)

LraXqtS.png

#18 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• 414 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

I really enjoy this game, Riki~ :3 I'm having trouble getting past the first level, though ;-; any advice?

Edit: Oopsies, I should really read before I post XD I'll download the updated version and try again~

Edited by raymi100, 18 December 2015 - 06:24 PM.

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

#19 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5713 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

Glad you're enjoying it! =3

Yup ~ the recent update made that game much easier and more convenient, as you don't have to struggle with "z" button. Now you can focus more on dodging bullets and enjoying the silly art in general. =3

Implementing 'autofire' was a really great idea, as many players had problems with beating this game. =P

LraXqtS.png

#20 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• 414 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 18 December 2015 - 06:38 PM

I love the autosave feature you implemented, may I ask how you did it? :D

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) games, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), arcade, shooter, sidescroller, bullethell, minigame, rmvx-ace, rikifive, masterpiece theater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users