Photo

Frozen Dream - A NES like game made in 5 days

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) games ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) nes 8-bit winter sliding minigame rikifive rmvx-ace masterpiece theater

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Game Maker & Ace User                                  
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:38 PM

D4XI6jl.png

LMIlDTI.png
"Frozen Dream" is a simple NES-like 8-bit game. Your objective is to 'slide' to your destination point, while avoiding obstacles, collecting bonuses and defeating enemies at the end of the stages.

knlY26E.png
The action takes place on a mountain during Winter Holidays.

Generally, there's no story at the moment. It is a simple NES-like game.
However, the story will be added in future.

iIKKLnO.png
> It is a game made only in 5 days! (at the current version)
> Unique gameplay (as for RPG Maker)
> Game uses only custom scripts, 99.9% default-script FREE

Besides 'Input System' and 'Text Cache', the game uses only custom scripts written by me, from the title screen - to credits.

Crashes? Blame on me! ^^

> 100% My custom graphics - RTP / FREELY AVAILABLE RESOURCES FREE

Everything looks silly? Blame on me! ^^

> 100% My custom Sound effects created just for this game

Quickly made farts and crashes - enjoy! x3

> Semi-Random Stage Generator - stages are generated randomly, but there are some pre-made parts.

An obstacle conveniently covering the whole path? You're unlucky Blame on me! ^^

> Custom very simple battle system

These mechanics will blow your mind! jk

> Simple and user friendly menus
> Permanent upgrades - each try will be easier than the last one
> Game in 'Kinda Advanced 8-bit Style'
> Convenient Autosave - game automatically saves your progress each time you'll enter the map screen

rqTj4to.png

Spoiler

JhNEjp3.png
> Arrow Keys or WSAD - move / navigate through menus
> Z or SPACE - accept / attack enemy
> ESC - pause game

e3q5T2D.png
> Each try will be easier than the previous one, so keep trying, upgrades are kept.
> In battle, keep pressing both, 'Z' and 'SPACE'. It's easier and more effective.
> The obstacles are semi-randomly generated- that means, that some items may be stuck in an obstacle. Also if you're really unlucky, you might get two logs near each other in very convenient positions, that may be impossible to dodge. However, I programmed some 'presets', so sometimes placement will be neat and recognizable. (I had no time for programming more, so I added randomness)

thJNHBE.png
4yGc1MB.png
RTP Requirement - No
Filesize - 29,7 MB

2h2nmMv.png
Spoiler

UD8EWUB.png
Spoiler

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#2 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

It's a pretty cute game~! Gonna play it tonight. :3

#3 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

Thank you! Hope you'll like it! =3

Don't be afraid to say what you didn't liked ~ things can be improved. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

LraXqtS.png

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#4 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

I am sure I'll like it. :> Though, I am not sure if I can give some helpful feedback or not, but I'll mention what I liked and disliked once I am done playing it~! <3

#5 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

No worries on that ~ You don't even have to leave a feedback ~ it's up to you if you will want to complain or not. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

No, seriously you don't have to leave feedback, really don't worry about it. ~ even one sentence will be enough. (=

LraXqtS.png

#6 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

Well, I was so eager to play it so I thought to give it a quick try right now~ ^.^ Here's my current comments~

I only played the first level yet (I'll play more tonight), but I am already impressed by the game!
You've got a REALLY unique gameplay for this one, it doesn't looks like a RM game at all~

What I currently liked.
-The gameplay:
I wasn't really expecting such an awesome and unique gameplay style - I wonder how you coded it! ^w^
-The retro-styled audio:
I am a fan of 8-bit styled music and sound effects! So it's another reason why I liked this game~
and thanks for finding me a great site for retro audio for use in my future games hehe
-Other things like:
Title screen, the snowfall all over the menu and such, etc. etc. :3 May be pretty much everything on this game was great~

What I currently disliked.
-Boss battles:
I've only encountered one boss at the moment, and sadly I couldn't beat it. :<
I saw the time on the line consumed pretty quickly, so I think you should may be give more time to the player for beating the bosses.
-Graphics:
They were okay, but they look a bit odd to me, not sure why. :/
-Fullscreen:
The small screen is disabled, and everything is blurry because of that - may be you should remove this and let the player set it their self as they see fit.

Besides what I disliked, the game is really good! I was expecting something like Lunar Quest first, but it's actually more better then that! ^o^ I look forward to seeing a story, too!

I'll see if I can post more thoughts on it when I'll play it again, tonight. :3

So, in short; You're awesome - Keep up the amazing work! and amazing coding!

#7 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

Thank you! Glad you liked it! =3

I only played the first level yet (I'll play more tonight), but I am already impressed by the game!
You've got a REALLY unique gameplay for this one, it doesn't looks like a RM game at all~

That' what I'm always trying to do! Like in old times, where each game was unique in their own way. =3

-The gameplay:
I wasn't really expecting such an awesome and unique gameplay style - I wonder how you coded it! ^w^

By crashing that game multiple times. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

-The retro-styled audio:
I am a fan of 8-bit styled music and sound effects! So it's another reason why I liked this game~
and thanks for finding me a great site for retro audio for use in my future games hehe

I love 8-bit too! =3
To be honest, the music is pretty randomly ~ I was looking for Royalty Free 8-bit music and I found this ~ Because the sound of that was neat and conveniently placed in a pack ~ I was no complaining and used them. =3
I'm glad you liked the sounds! Their quality may be pretty low, because I was doing them really fast. =P
And no problem. ^^

-Other things like:
Title screen, the snowfall all over the menu and such, etc. etc. :3 May be pretty much everything on this game was great~

I'm really glad you liked them, because I was doing everything without looking on quality ~ quick lines all over the place. xD

-Boss battles:
I've only encountered one boss at the moment, and sadly I couldn't beat it. :<
I saw the time on the line consumed pretty quickly, so I think you should may be give more time to the player for beating the bosses.

To be honest, yes ~ I think I made the bosses very difficult, especially the final boss, that will be problematic to beat (too high stats) - It is caused by the fact, that I didn't had enough time, because I had to post that game for a contest, but it failed anyway thanks to antivirus. Basically I wasn't testing the game too much.
The key to beat bosses is to keep high amount of Life before getting to them. Once the Time Line (AKA: ATB Bar) fills up, the boss deals a semi-random amount of damage and then the bar is charging again. I was thinking of adding quick-time events or skills to make the battles more balanced, but I'm going to blame that on no-time.
At least upgrades are permanent, so it should get only easier and easier.

-Graphics:
They were okay, but they look a bit odd to me, not sure why. :/

They may be weird and stuff, because I was doing them really quickly due to deadline. Basically they're just quick and simple drawings.

-Fullscreen:
The small screen is disabled, and everything is blurry because of that - may be you should remove this and let the player set it their self as they see fit.

To be honest - I don't like 'windowed mode' in any games, because it looks kinda weird ~ I always aim to make the game at least look a little bit professional, so I'm always trying to get rid of the default stuff. I'm not sure why it looks blurry ~ for me it looks perfect, but you're right ~ if this really is an issue, then I'll add 'options', where you'll be to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode ~ but still the F keys and such will be disabled. =3

But no worries, I appreciate the honesty! ^^

So, in short; You're awesome - Keep up the amazing work! and amazing coding! 

Why, thank you! I will. =3

Thank you very much for your feedback ~ I'll consider some things then. (=
I'm really glad you liked it! (= (= (=

LraXqtS.png

#8 Animebryan

Animebryan

Hiatus

• Ace Member
  • 581 posts
  • LocationMarysville, CA
  • RM Skill - Eventer

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:56 PM

So how would I download & play this game?

Damn MV and it's bugs!

#9 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 06:08 PM

In the download section just click the link. It will redirect you to my Google Drive, where the download button will be located at the top of the page. After downloading, just unpack the game using for example 'Winrar' and you'll be able to play that game.

LraXqtS.png

#10 Animebryan

Animebryan

Hiatus

• Ace Member
  • 581 posts
  • LocationMarysville, CA
  • RM Skill - Eventer

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

In the download section just click the link. It will redirect you to my Google Drive, where the download button will be located at the top of the page. After downloading, just unpack the game using for example 'Winrar' and you'll be able to play that game.

What download section?

Damn MV and it's bugs!

#11 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:08 AM

What download section?

Below this image (originally found at the start post), there's a download link.
thJNHBE.png

#12 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:05 AM

What download section?

What download section?

Below this image (originally found at the start post), there's a download link.
thJNHBE.png

~ , which is at the bottom of the OP.
There may be problems with finding that if images are not displayed/blocked for you, because the download link if hidden behind a picture.
Try this link:

[/!\ EDITED]

https://drive.google...NWIxQU1aSWJRa3c (version 0.1.1)

WtvmtpT.png

Updated the link.

LraXqtS.png

#13 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:26 AM

iiukr6L.png

The game has been updated to version 0.1.1!

Fixed a minor bug and lowered the game difficulty.

Changelog:

- The game can be beaten in a first try now

- Lowered costs of upgrades

- Lowered damage dealt by enemies

- Fixed bug, where you couldn't upgrade a stat if the cost was the same as your current amount of stars

- Added version number to the Title Screen

LraXqtS.png

#14 Animebryan

Animebryan

Hiatus

• Ace Member
  • 581 posts
  • LocationMarysville, CA
  • RM Skill - Eventer

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, the problem was my Adblock was blocking it. Strange that I had to block anything from this website.

Damn MV and it's bugs!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ ) games, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), nes, 8-bit, winter, sliding, minigame, rikifive, rmvx-ace, masterpiece theater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users