ShadowfrostZen

Ruined Future: The Bad Ending

69 posts in this topic

Chapter 7 is completely finished. It should be out in 2-3 days, depending on the schedule. Last Chapter is currently in the works, but it's been a long road, to be honest. I've spent a lot of time on this project, but I'm ready to move onto the prequel, and a new installment to the ShadowVerse.

I plan for the Chapter Final to be out on Christmas Day, if not New Years Eve at Midnight. Probably won't happen, but who knows, it might!

Wordpress link to the updated post

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

Ruined Future Chapter Seven is officially out! Click here for the download. Updates:

• Gae Assail and the Durandal have been added to the game officially
  • Godly Skill has been renamed to "L.I." aka Lost Instrument for short.
  • New skills(bosses only) have been added.
  • Other small bug fixes I can't particularly remember.

Final chapter will be out around New Years! Stick around, everyone!

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

You've caught my attention. I think I'll give this a whirl.

However, just nitpicking, but I did notice that you need to give credit to Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism.

You used my favorite character's sister's theme...:P

ShadowfrostZen likes this

New Emergency Patch, fixing stuff in the Temple of Time, sorry for that, it'll be up in twenty minutes or so!

It's up! Download here.

In terms of other stuff:

• Final Boss is finished, working on the epilogue right now.
  • Finding other glitches and issues throughout the game, hopefully I can find em all before I go back to school
  • Ruined Future is a year old(conceptually)! Big thanks to the people who I put together to listen to my crazy ideas.
  • New trailer coming out for my next game, which I want to come out in March. DLC for RF and bonus stories will come later on, but not right now.

You've caught my attention. I think I'll give this a whirl.

However, just nitpicking, but I did notice that you need to give credit to Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism.

You used my favorite character's sister's theme... :P

I didn't see this but thank you! As for SA, I'll be sure to add it, once everything in the game is done(there's also a few more sources in terms of music I need to credit, but)

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

Okay, so I've played a bit, and there are a few things I'd like to say:

Pros:

I like the story. From what I can tell, it was well-designed. You're good at the whole story-thing. :)

Cons:

The gameplay: Idk, but it seems like this has been overdone. Maybe I haven't gotten that far, but I think a few puzzles would improve it incredibly. :)

Encrypt your data: I can't stress this enough. People can hack the game and basically cheat their way to victory...Cheating's no fun, after all! :)

Okay, I'm kind of guilty of cheating. I played and...forgot...to...save...So, I hacked it so that I could spawn exactly where I left off. :P

Also, I'd be glad to help with your grammar! I need a good side-project. To get away from my five projects...Besides, when I'm older, I want to be an English teacher, so I need the practice. :)

Cons:

The gameplay: Idk, but it seems like this has been overdone. Maybe I haven't gotten that far, but I think a few puzzles would improve it incredibly. :)

Encrypt your data: I can't stress this enough. People can hack the game and basically cheat their way to victory...Cheating's no fun, after all! :)

Also, I'd be glad to help with your grammar! I need a good side-project. To get away from my five projects...Besides, when I'm older, I want to be an English teacher, so I need the practice. :)

I have no intentions to add anymore puzzles to the game as is, since we're 97.9% complete as it stands. I'm not making a gameplay esque game- It's a story that's more complex and intricate than you think.

Also I will encrypt data, but I'm not 100% worried about it while the game isn't complete because once the game is complete, everything after will be encrypted. It's just for me and my testers to go back and work on things if I'm not at my main base.(Nor do I really care if you cheat, your own doings are your own, if you don't get the story because of it, then it's your own fault)

Edit: Next patch will be encrypted, fyi.

Also for grammar, I've got people for that, so I'll consider it but I think I'll pass on your offer. Like I said, I've got a few friends in the background who I talk to greatly about this game and at the moment I don't need more eyes unless this game gets bigger.

Emergency patch, this is encrypted, fyi:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ntjepqkjfrbu0c/Altered_Future_Shadow.exe

Edited by ShadowfrostZen
AceTheMad likes this

I have no intentions to add anymore puzzles to the game as is, since we're 97.9% complete as it stands. I'm not making a gameplay esque game- It's a story that's more complex and intricate than you think.

Also I will encrypt data, but I'm not 100% worried about it while the game isn't complete because once the game is complete, everything after will be encrypted. It's just for me and my testers to go back and work on things if I'm not at my main base.(Nor do I really care if you cheat, your own doings are your own, if you don't get the story because of it, then it's your own fault)

Also for grammar, I've got people for that, so I'll consider it but I think I'll pass on your offer. Like I said, I've got a few friends in the background who I talk to greatly about this game and at the moment I don't need more eyes unless this game gets bigger.

Wow...then that means I've barely scratched the surface...I've already noticed the quality of the story...if it gets better...I've better continue in the story! :P

That's good to hear! (You don't have to be so mean...;-; Jkjk. :P)

It must be nice to have reliable friends...I'm glad to hear that! :)

Wow...then that means I've barely scratched the surface...I've already noticed the quality of the story...if it gets better...I've better continue in the story! :P

That's good to hear! (You don't have to be so mean...;-; Jkjk. :P)

It must be nice to have reliable friends...I'm glad to hear that! :)

Yep.. There are 7 chapters and a Final. As seen on the OP.

Sorry, I tend to get carried away with things like that.

Yep, that's how I'm getting and finding most of the glitches now.. and why these emergency patches are coming up all of a sudden.

Edit: New patch, fixes things in Twytch Castle, download it here

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx_ZxP_jj03FOFpJc1haeE5rRzQ/view?usp=sharing

The full game is out on Google Drive at the moment! Check it out! Later on, it will be out on Mega and MediaFire, check it out for now!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/if3u9r8jrue4xgd/Altered_Future_Shadow.exe

Mediafire version, with some edited stuff in there. Enjoy!

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

As much as I would ask for RF to be moved to the Completed Games section, there's still a few mishaps and such I need to iron out before doing so!

Hello, I tried out a little bit of the game. I wanted to mention that the start of the game is way too grindy. The amount of experience you gain is too low relative to how hard it is. I know now that I played through it that you just need a bunch of potions to survive until you get more characters in your party, but even that requires some grinding to get the potions from drops/buying. Grinding this early in the game would be a huge turn-off for a lot of people (especially since it's just attack, attack, heal, repeat), when they really want to get into the story/exploring the world.

I did like the direction you took with the knights of the round table, I have only a passing knowledge but some of the names are familiar. Also the music was very exciting and dynamic.

Also the fight with Percival was incredibly long and drawn-out. He kept dealing not enough damage to kill me, but healing constantly so that I couldn't kill him either. In the end after about 15 mins I had a lucky streak where he didn't heal for 2 turns and I managed to kill him.

Anyway good job and good luck in the future with your project!

Hello, I tried out a little bit of the game. I wanted to mention that the start of the game is way too grindy. The amount of experience you gain is too low relative to how hard it is. I know now that I played through it that you just need a bunch of potions to survive until you get more characters in your party, but even that requires some grinding to get the potions from drops/buying. Grinding this early in the game would be a huge turn-off for a lot of people (especially since it's just attack, attack, heal, repeat), when they really want to get into the story/exploring the world.

I did like the direction you took with the knights of the round table, I have only a passing knowledge but some of the names are familiar. Also the music was very exciting and dynamic.

Also the fight with Percival was incredibly long and drawn-out. He kept dealing not enough damage to kill me, but healing constantly so that I couldn't kill him either. In the end after about 15 mins I had a lucky streak where he didn't heal for 2 turns and I managed to kill him.

Anyway good job and good luck in the future with your project!

It's sort of an upward slope, the game is designed to be sorta tough in the beginning but caps off later on. Trust me, playing later on it'll get easier, but the tough environment is gonna get easier.

Percival is Lawful Good, which means he gets a defense boost which means his defense is high but his luck is extremely low(seen here) and therefore needs magic attacks to defeat. All bosses aren't impossible to defeat, they have a strategy to them that runs congruent with their alignment. Kay was Neutral Good, so her luck increases and her defense drops, etc

We're sorta already done/closed shop with this project, but when I release a much harder patch for the people who want to play, I'll keep it in mind, at least.

Shi-an likes this

Okay, so I found something: The second and third floors of the garden have no encounters. Is this deliberate, or does that need to be worked on?

Deliberate. I don't have plans to add anything onto those floors unless requested.

Also a new patch is coming soon, with some grammar updates and a glitch in Sapphire that I'm going to address.

https://www.mediafire.com/?k7h7figqkn1lpwx

New patch is out, with some new fixes and a major fix for Sapphire that needed to be addressed.

Edited by ShadowfrostZen

Is the glitch the glitch where your character's invisible for a short while until you go to the lab?

Edited by AceTheMadder

Is the glitch the glitch where your character's invisible for a short while until you go to the lab?

In Ruby? There shouldn't be one unless its apart of a cutscene.

There's gonna be some updates soon. Can't say when, but they'll be around soon enough.

Said updates will be things including grammar, small glitches ingame and other random stuff. It'll probably be in May/June though, depending on how busy I am.