• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Shi-an

Shi-an

Pervasively Incandescent

• 121 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

Hello, I tried out a little bit of the game. I wanted to mention that the start of the game is way too grindy. The amount of experience you gain is too low relative to how hard it is. I know now that I played through it that you just need a bunch of potions to survive until you get more characters in your party, but even that requires some grinding to get the potions from drops/buying. Grinding this early in the game would be a huge turn-off for a lot of people (especially since it's just attack, attack, heal, repeat), when they really want to get into the story/exploring the world.

I did like the direction you took with the knights of the round table, I have only a passing knowledge but some of the names are familiar. Also the music was very exciting and dynamic.

Spoiler

Anyway good job and good luck in the future with your project!

#62 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

The World's Greatest Evil

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hello, I tried out a little bit of the game. I wanted to mention that the start of the game is way too grindy. The amount of experience you gain is too low relative to how hard it is. I know now that I played through it that you just need a bunch of potions to survive until you get more characters in your party, but even that requires some grinding to get the potions from drops/buying. Grinding this early in the game would be a huge turn-off for a lot of people (especially since it's just attack, attack, heal, repeat), when they really want to get into the story/exploring the world.

I did like the direction you took with the knights of the round table, I have only a passing knowledge but some of the names are familiar. Also the music was very exciting and dynamic.

Spoiler

Anyway good job and good luck in the future with your project!

It's sort of an upward slope, the game is designed to be sorta tough in the beginning but caps off later on. Trust me, playing later on it'll get easier, but the tough environment is gonna get easier.

Percival is Lawful Good, which means he gets a defense boost which means his defense is high but his luck is extremely low(seen here) and therefore needs magic attacks to defeat. All bosses aren't impossible to defeat, they have a strategy to them that runs congruent with their alignment. Kay was Neutral Good, so her luck increases and her defense drops, etc

We're sorta already done/closed shop with this project, but when I release a much harder patch for the people who want to play, I'll keep it in mind, at least.

Want to Support my Game? Click Below!

6419fc1b93.png

56faf8529b.png6eedc43e18.png3d4914d52d.png

WFwF3UQ.pngupNtsqf.jpgEKDPLyn.pngVUZHPw8.png5F1LrHq.pngYAwN2DW.pngQRnWXZL.pngMqSHLKF.png7VOEFiz.png

#63 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Starting my own playthrough of Ruined Future! An episode will be out every day, starting with today!

6419fc1b93.png

WFwF3UQ.pngupNtsqf.jpgEKDPLyn.pngVUZHPw8.png5F1LrHq.pngYAwN2DW.pngQRnWXZL.pngMqSHLKF.png7VOEFiz.png

#64 AceTheMad

AceTheMad

The Best Madman

• 9 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Okay, so I found something: The second and third floors of the garden have no encounters. Is this deliberate, or does that need to be worked on?

Koishi Komeiji Forever...

Definitely not a fan of SA in the slightest, people.

#65 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Deliberate. I don't have plans to add anything onto those floors unless requested.

Also a new patch is coming soon, with some grammar updates and a glitch in Sapphire that I'm going to address.

https://www.mediafir...k7h7figqkn1lpwx

New patch is out, with some new fixes and a major fix for Sapphire that needed to be addressed.

Edited by ShadowfrostZen, 01 March 2017 - 08:38 PM.

6419fc1b93.png

#66 AceTheMad

AceTheMad

The Best Madman

• 9 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Is the glitch the glitch where your character's invisible for a short while until you go to the lab?

Edited by AceTheMadder, 03 March 2017 - 08:44 PM.

Koishi Komeiji Forever...

Definitely not a fan of SA in the slightest, people.

#67 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

Is the glitch the glitch where your character's invisible for a short while until you go to the lab?

In Ruby? There shouldn't be one unless its apart of a cutscene.

6419fc1b93.png

#68 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

There's gonna be some updates soon. Can't say when, but they'll be around soon enough.

Said updates will be things including grammar, small glitches ingame and other random stuff. It'll probably be in May/June though, depending on how busy I am.

6419fc1b93.png

#69 ShadowfrostZen

ShadowfrostZen

• 170 posts
  • LocationSammia
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

http://www.mediafire...ture_Shadow.exe

New patch for Ruined Future, clearing up any patches in Sapphire. 

6419fc1b93.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users