Rinober

Dark and Bright - Steam

18 posts in this topic

dab_title_small.png

SteamBuyEN.png.f60cd4087e74370d3ed028478e24f8b8.png

Brummwiesel is about to get lost in a place that combines reality and dream.

What is this world and how did he get there? Can you help him?

Nothing's unusual. Nothing's spectacular. You could say that Brummwiesel stagnates. He lives a life that he doesn't desire but can't escape, either.

Everyday life makes him a container for emotions that he needs to hold back. Just when he realizes that he can't go on like this any longer,

he finds himself in a strange world that is not too far from reality. But is this still reality? Brummwiesel will need to find out soon, because

his stay here seems to be limited. In this foreign world, Brummwiesel travels everyday. He's on the journey of his life.

Lastly, everything's unusual. Everything's spectacular. Nothing's right!

dab_spv_en.jpg

Trailer
You can take a look at (full version's) ingame story and gameplay scenes by watching a trailer on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHvhrrhiBC0

Credits

Dark and Bright is a game made by Rinober.

It's being created with RPG Maker VX Ace by Enterbrain.

Graphics:
- Roiber
- Enterbrain

Music:
- Alice Mako
- bdog705
- Fulminis-ictus
- Scythuz
- Frontier Works
- Joel Steudler
- Jonathan Stewart
- Enterbrain

Scripts:
- NeonBlack
- Yanfly
- Seer UK
- OriginalWij
- Yami
- RPG Maker Source
- Galv
- Kread
- Estriole
- Glitchfinder
- IMP1
- Shaz
- TheoAllen
- Falcao
- Zeus81
- Kread-EX
- modern algebra

SteamBuyEN.png.f60cd4087e74370d3ed028478e24f8b8.png

You can also find the game on Social Media:
https://www.facebook.com/rinobergames/

https://www.twitter.com/rinobergames

Please let me know your thoughts on the game! Hope you like it :)

Edited by Rinober
Rikifive, Seriel, Veethree and 5 others like this

I love the concept of the game, and the aesthetics are very creepy, cryptic, and yet somehow playful at the same time.  I feel like a lot of creative things can be done with it.  Best of luck to you!

Really dig the graphics!  Screenshots and teaser are quite intriguing, and the music sets the mood quite well.

Looking forward to future updates!

Thank you :)

I wanted to post more actively about the project, but as all you creative people might know... there are those ups and downs with the creativity thing ^_^ However, the game is currently progressing well and finally, I can show you a short demo version that introduces you to the game's story, feeling and gameplay.

You can take a look at (full version's) ingame story and gameplay scenes by watching a new trailer on YouTube:

https://www.youtube....h?v=1XkKMyi5NPE

In the demo version, you can play 2 different levels, the office and the construction site.

Playing time should be up to 1 hour if all the content is being played.

Demo Download v1.0 via File Upload:

http://www.file-uplo...htDEMO.exe.html

Demo Download v1.0 via website:

http://www.roiber.com/home/dark-and-bright/

Have fun! Let me know your comments on the game. Any thoughts are much appreciated, since I'm already working hard on the full version and ready to implement changes and improvements :)

Edited by Roiber
Seriel likes this

Played the first stage and half of the second stage. The concept is amazing and easy to pick up, but a deeper tutorial might come in handy in the future for those familiarized with certain terms. For example, what purpose does LK and EN serve and what does the item LK and EN sitting on the ground do?

Even as a Non-German speaker, I found the music and scenery fitting for the game. I could almost feel the dread of coming into morning office of work.

Thank you for your comment! I'm pleased to see that you enjoy the game so far. Thanks for your advice, I will definitely work on a more detailed tutorial for the next version :)

Loving the art style! 

There's an update again, and it's quite a big one about my plans for the future :o

Dark and Bright is almost finished! The thing I still need to work on a lot is the translation of the game so that it will be available in German and English, which will still take a while. Nevertheless, I submitted the game to Steam Greenlight to reach a wider audience in the future (and to use this last chance to make it onto Greenlight before it will be replaced).

If you like to support the project, please consider voting YES for it on Steam Greenlight. I appreciate any vote and support and it really means a lot to me! thumbsup.png

Click on the picture to vote->

greenlight_small.png

Thanks a lot! :)

Edited by Rinober

News_DaB_Release_orig.png.2f4c425eff839f17eb2afeb581a7e546.png

Finally, Dark and Bright has got a release date! It will be released on November 29th, so there are just a few days left until the journey through a bizarre world can begin.

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback on the demo. It helped improving the gameplay a lot :)

You'll be able to get the game on Steam, Itch.io, and the website. Stay tuned for more information: Facebook or Twitter

Dark and Bright has finally been released :wub:  I've worked on this for almost 3 years now and I'm happy to see how the game turned out. Thanks to everyone who helped me, commented or mailed me, played the demo and helped to improve the game.

I hope that you'll have fun with it!

SteamBuyEN.png.ba6321c949f093ec0214704d01c788c0.png

Edited by Rinober

I added your game to my Steam wishlist, gonna check it out when I can ^^
Congratulations on finishing and I hope it turns out well!

Rinober likes this