#1 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

Sasha and Sir Plutarch's fabulous Rmventure!

image.png

Created for the rmw birthday bash event, Sasha and Sir Plutarch's fabulous Rmventure! is a simple and short adventure/puzzle game that tells the story of Sasha, a wannabe rpgmaker whom, acomppanied by her talking mouse companion sets out to form a team in order to create her dream rpg.

Characters:

- Sasha:

A dreamer, Sasha has played all kind of rpgs old and new and dreams of making her own, and it's your role to help her. She has been feeling a little insecure.*

*additional characterization is provided by using the "wrong" items in several places.

- Sir Plutarch:

A sassy sidekick rat that puts a wise ass act, but in reality deeply worries about his master.

- Maximiliam Ottis:

A lonely nerd with an idealized idea of love who works at a cybercafe, he'll be your coder if you can work a small miracle for him.

- Joachim Armando:

A notorious gangster and musician who will join you provided you brave the trials to enter his gang, the tunnel vipers.

- Layla Winters:

A full time artist who spends as much time dreaming of the perfect color as she does learning the nuances of her craft. She'll help you in exchange for just the right color.

Credits:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

image.png

Talk to cool grandmas!

image.png

Talk to your parents!

image.png

Solve people's problems!

Features:

-Adventure game logic!

-Simple puzzles!

-Charming and cute!

Download:

Without RTP:

http://www.mediafire...nture Final.exe

With RTP:

http://www.mediafire...al with RTP.exe

Changelog:

Spoiler

Edited by Nirwanda, 06 May 2016 - 07:40 AM.

#2 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,541 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Game Maker & Ace User                                  
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

That's a quite interesting concept of game, I'm curious about how the plot goes and the puzzles! =3

Visuals are pretty interesting as well ~ I'll try to play that game when I'll find some free time ~ hopefully this weekend. =P

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#3 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:09 PM

Well, the graphics are from the Old school modern tileset by Des.

Thanks for noticing me, sempai! I really hope you enjoy it. :)

#4 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

I really love games that uses Des' resource packs. <3 It looks great! =D

#5 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the stalking! ;)

I hope you get to try my game and it's to your liking. And yeah, his packs are awesome. :)

#6 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Sponsor
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

I hope you get to try my game and it's to your liking.

From the two games you've posted, I think you're a great developer ~ I like the stuff you're using in your projects, so keep up the amazing work! =D

I am sure I'll like it. ^^

#7 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hahahaha you're going to mae me blush, man. First check the games, then tell me if you like them. Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. :)

#8 kaz

kaz

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Other

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

This game is cute- I got stuck a few times though.

There are a few grammar issues- you use "slids" instead of "slides" but otherwise no problems.

Spoiler

tumblr_mkm22ibXrb1qdm7rno8_250.gif

#9 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

Thank you so much for trying my game! Sorry about you getting stuck, you're not the only one, I guess I made it a little more confusing than I thought. :(

I'm really glad you liked it, though.

Sorry, I really thought it was "slids" there. (english is not my native language)

Spoiler

#10 kaz

kaz

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Other

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:36 PM

Thank you so much for trying my game! Sorry about you getting stuck, you're not the only one, I guess I made it a little more confusing than I thought. :(
I'm really glad you liked it, though.
Sorry, I really thought it was "slids" there. (english is not my native language)

Spoiler

I kept standing by the fish tank ha then realised I had to move

#11 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:59 PM

Hahaha, that sounds like a problem, that fishtank has a lot to say :P

Too bad I didn't get to implement all the interactables I wanted, what did you think about the ones that were in the game? Too much, too little? Interesting/boring fluff?

#12 kaz

kaz

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Other

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

Hahaha, that sounds like a problem, that fishtank has a lot to say :P

Too bad I didn't get to implement all the interactables I wanted, what did you think about the ones that were in the game? Too much, too little? Interesting/boring fluff?

For the length of the game- enough, they were interesting - not always obvious so I had to think a little for the solution.

Spoiler

#13 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

YAY! I have finished your game! (=

It's a nice simple, cute and slightly instructive game. ^^

Like kaz said before ~ there are some typos here and there, but that's okay ~ I understand your pain with not having English as a main language - I'll be making tons of typos in my games as well. + I know that the game was made in a pretty short period of time due to deadline. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

What I really liked is the amount of details put in here ~ many things can be investigated, trying to use an item on something gives different reactions based on the used one and stuff. I liked the game in general ~ Reminds me of "Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy" from NES - getting items and bringing them to correct places ~ good times. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Good work! ^^

LraXqtS.png

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#14 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

For the length of the game- enough, they were interesting - not always obvious so I had to think a little for the solution.

Spoiler

:D I'm very glad, thank you for taking the time to play it and then to give feedback.

Spoiler

YAY! I have finished your game! (=

It's a nice simple, cute and slightly instructive game. ^^

Like kaz said before ~ there are some typos here and there, but that's okay ~ I understand your pain with not having English as a main language - I'll be making tons of typos in my games as well. + I know that the game was made in a pretty short period of time due to deadline. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

What I really liked is the amount of details put in here ~ many things can be investigated, trying to use an item on something gives different reactions based on the used one and stuff. I liked the game in general ~ Reminds me of "Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy" from NES - getting items and bringing them to correct places ~ good times. ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Good work! ^^

:) It's great that you got to play it it! Glad you liked it.

:o Several typos? You didn't keep track of them by chance, did you?

If I had more time, I would've put more detail (nothing in the mayor's office is interactive, you can't read signs on walls, etc) but it makes me happy you liked what's there. Thanks! Never even heard of that game before, huh. I was inspired by more well known adventure games like Broken sword and The longest journey...not to mention the genesis Beavis and Butthead game. :P

Thanks a lot for your opinion! :)

#15 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,541 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

Hmm ~ to be honest I wasn't paying much attention to grammar/typos ~ but I think I remember one - there was "didin't" instead of "didn't" in one sentence ~ That's all what I've memorized I think. =P

Yeah, I've noticed, that there was less things to investigate in later stages, but it was pretty nicely detailed anyway.

The game I mentioned before is a less known title and it's different in general (since it was 2D), but it had kinda similar mechanics. ^^

You're welcome! (=

LraXqtS.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpg maker vx ace, adventure game, talking animals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users