Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

◄───────────►
Plague Mayhem
◄───────────►

◄≡≡ General Details ≡≡►
Themes ▪▪ Dark, Fantasy
Status ▪▪ Hiatus
Release ▪▪ Undetermined

Note 1 ▪▪ This is the first story based RPG I have ever seriously worked on, I don't know what you might be expecting, but I wouldn't expect too much at this point if I were you.
Note 2 ▪▪ This game is constantly being worked on, but thread updates will only happen for either content additions or fixes of any kind. If the fix is minor I will add it to the update log, but I won't post about it. (This note can be ignored until I release something playable)

Note 3 ▪▪ This game will be undergoing significant changes when development resumes. Most of what you read below will likely be edited at that point.

Update Log

Spoiler

Story

Spoiler

Characters

Spoiler

Note ▪▪ More characters will be added as the game's development progresses.

Features

Spoiler

Note ▪▪ That's not all of the features, but to keep this from getting too long I'll stop here.

Screenshots

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Credits

Spoiler

Edited by Divergent, 16 April 2016 - 05:21 AM.

Games in Development

Spoiler

Personality Thing

Spoiler

#2 Pancaek

Pancaek

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 82 posts
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:45 PM

I kind of like the idea of the game, but at the same time I feel like the whole zombie thing is a bit overused.  However it doesn't really matter about what theme you go with as much as it how you do it, and I feel like there's a bit more room for creativity in this game rather than most zombie games.  I also like the factions idea. 

Now, I'm not really sure what your exact visions are for the game, so I don't have much room to talk, but I feel like the default RPG maker tile sets don't really fit the atmosphere that was described in the story spoiler.  I would suggest looking for an artist, or some free tile sets online that would work better with this game.  However like I said I don't know your vision, so the default tiles could be perfect for this game, and I just got the wrong idea from the description.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, that wasn't my intention.  Best of luck to you!

#3 J. Edward

J. Edward

Technically not alive

• + Premium Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • LocationSouth East England
  • RM Skill - Mapper

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

I didn't delve into details or explain too much because it would have been nothing but spoilers if I had, but I can assure you that this isn't and won't be focussed on zombies. There's much more to it than what you've read, the undead are just one part of it.

I'm always searching for replacement resources when developing games, the mostly default tiles were used to give a general idea of what the maps look like, and so that I can actually take screenshots. I would have liked to replace them before I added the operations feature, but I had almost finished an entire operations map back when I stopped, it's pretty big and comprised of many other maps joined together in an image editing program. Unless I decide to waste all the time and effort I put into that, the tiles are not likely to change.

Nothing in what you've typed can be considered harsh (and I wouldn't be fazed even if it could), you're providing what feedback you can and I appreciate it.

Games in Development

Spoiler

Personality Thing

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users