34 posts in this topic

----------------------- ----- dace351205a10e438182c53c89248a23_origina

-GOAL-

Create a classic feeling/adventurous Hack n slash with rewarding exploration and a story that will captivate the audience!

e6ca086be4b67f2ee12342b487af92db_origina

48ddda3b88bd31ab1bf6175149538898_origina

MokptsX.png

Ignarus is about a boy(Elias) who finds himself waking up in a strange and dark place, with a sense of familiarity... he gets up and begins to explore this foreign world and discovers some shocking details about his past.

Ignarus is a hack n slash Action RPG. There will be basic features such as dodging maneuvers, different attacks and weapons to try and become familiar with, as well as exciting new magic and physical attacks.

As you progress through out the story, you will find yourself getting stronger, finding secrets that power up the player, as well as discover hidden bosses and reveal some exciting story details as the game progresses. Expect to find some puzzles to overcome as well.
There is going to be a few different endings depending on the players experience and choices made through out the game... so choose wisely what you do and say...

Flavor:

Fantasy

Overhead

-slight- Horror elements

Old School

bc3977ae994d5bc71d031858f1d11ed3_origina

880a7a6f8b77838f5df914784c3fac61_origina

12d9a5696aaabc6dc82f6b0760ed00ba_origina

I5qQrRa.png

9gAs6p5.gif

80c67a4717be6b237ae3e06525bf4289_origina

83a9059ce6f9a6c4c8985960e26db854_origina

ab678db112d6d91c025aaf5f38c3d014_origina

Created by Patrick De Arteago and myself.

Patrick Creates all the cool stuff, and he is the man...

Here is a sample.

Make sure and hit that follow button! :)
Ignarus' Facebook Page Here
and Twitter Page Here

Currently on the go:
Map production:50%
Scripting/events60%
Sprites55%
Artwork 70%
ALL worked on daily.

Special Thanks:

-Kadafi-
Moghunter
Khas
Galv
FenixFyreX
Zeus81
Falcao
Xiderwong
Soulpour777
Mobys Script System
Yanfly
Hudell
Zalerinian
V.M
Modern Algebra
Mithran
Shiggy
TheoAllen
Syvkal
NeonBlack
Celianna
Victor Sant
Small Hobbit
Quack
Venka
EnterBrain
Blackmorning
Estriole
caitsith2
TDS
Tsukihime

Artists:
RyuichirouAoino- Busts
NovPixel - Sprites
Challudnium- Sprites
AngelicsMana - Logo/Title/Other
Matt Beer- Map Creation

d3e6101907da33325be13361abef3592_origina

Q: Okay, so let's get to the point... What IS Ignarus
A:A fantasy action RPG with an dark story and slight elements of horror. I'm hoping to keep players on their toes as much as possible whether it is simply exploring for the MANY hidden secrets, completing unique puzzles, fighting a cool boss, or getting the odd scare out.

Q:What is unique about your game?
A: It is a good look in to the past, what games were kind of like back in the good old Super Nintendo days. I am attempting to present a slightly new style of game play to a classic look.
​

Q: Will it have multiple endings?
A: Of course, Why? It's necessary!
​

Q: If you could pick one game that was your biggest inspiration for the creation of your game, what would it be?
A: Easy, Zelda a Link to the past.

Thank you for taking the time to read my page, and I hope you are as excited to see Ignarus' release as I am!

Edited by Kudaaj330
Tarq, Dymdez, lianderson and 1 other like this

New version of the demo is out, still looking for some feedback here fellas!

Download the New Demo Here

Intro changed dramatically.

New music in spots, temporarily.

New tilesets in a lot of places.

added extra map space

lag reduction

Spots where you can walk where you should not have been fixed.  Looking for more if you spot any!

Dialogue changes

Some busts added, not all.

Voice sounds added.

Alternate route revealed?...

and more, give it a shot!

Edited by Kudaaj330

Releasing a new version of the demo today.

Title Screen shows only after the game is saved one time, otherwise the game begins immediately.

More busts included.

New "Action press" sequence added, going to be having some fun with that in the future.

Few musical changes

Flashlight is now auto-equipped and permanent.

Minor dialogue changes

I'm receiving VERY few comments on the game in any way right now which I'm kind of concerned about...

Just makes me wonder if I'm simply not catching attention, I could definitely use some feedback and tips!

Throw em at me!

New demo

Here

Here's a few new videos showing what's to come ..

Aerial World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDZlBpVgEI&feature=autoshare

First boss - Currently a work in progress but it is coming along. This video also shows the "Dash n slash" ability, which is being worked on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPkyycHC1f8

Second boss - Currently being worked on, everything is subject to change besides the art of her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=H-cbncua1Gw

The main-land has been a work in progress for some time, that is the Hub of the game basically so there will be a lot of secrets and places to explore.

The next demo will be released up-coming Friday.

Been making some major changes to the games story line, and by major changes I mean basically a complete re-write.

The games style remains slightly the same with more hints of puzzles and, while the boss battles remain action packed and full of excitement.

I've been receiving a LOT of custom sprites for the game so there will be VERY few generic sprites, if any at all in the game.

Bosses are all custom created, as well as the npc's.

Got a few tunes that are in progress as I post...  here is one sample

https://soundcloud.com/kudaaj330/torn-temptation

As well as this...A look at the logo!

UFYsZGi.jpg

I've been working very hard every day since I began the project, I have learned so much in the last few months and already figured out the game needs a rework, and I must aim for a more addicting, captivating experience. :3.

I hope to receive more peoples interest in the close future about the project, as this project means the world to me.

Edited by Kudaaj330
Takeo212 likes this

Wow, the combat in that video you put up looks really advanced for an RPG maker game.  I can't say I'm a big fan of the artwork, (mainly the face graphics) just because it seems a bit stock, but the gameplay looks really fun.  I might check out the demo some time when I'm not too busy.

Wow, the combat in that video you put up looks really advanced for an RPG maker game.  I can't say I'm a big fan of the artwork, (mainly the face graphics) just because it seems a bit stock, but the gameplay looks really fun.  I might check out the demo some time when I'm not too busy.

Thanks so much for the compliment! :) I'm working on my boss development skills every day to make them a more smooth and unique feel, such as "ability movements" and attack animations. Thanks for the tip on the face graphic, I'll definitely attempt to make each picture look a little less generic-esk.

I'll be re-releasing a NEW demo in the short future with the newer attack animations, The intro and practically EVERYTHING has new tilesets and a more lively look to the maps, so the old demo actually won't do the new one justice :P It will be worth the wait, I promise.

Pancaek likes this

The new demo is probably 10-15 minutes shorter than it used to be, not as much useless cramming of dialogue, more "get to the point" with game-play. Making it approx 30 minutes long.

New features include:

dash/backdash ability, with the proper equipment on the player will gain the ability to dash either forward, or backward, sort of a castlevania SoTn sort of feel. Pretty cool, right? :P

Music - An awesome new forest theme created by the one and only Patrick Arteago.

as well as a new title theme.

Tons of rework done on the forest, it looks a lot better. :)

While a lot of backtracking and upgrading has been taking place to make the first 20 minutes of the game more pleasurable,  It has been time consuming as all hell....But worth it. :)

Here's a teaser of one of the few awesome monsters my artist been drawing.

qzVRRxF.png

Props to him, amazing work.

i'm hoping by next weekend July 1'st, the new demo will be available, and involving a few weapons and equipment for trial effect.

Good DAY!

Edited by Kudaaj330
Tarq likes this

Hey again! Latest update on Ignarus here, it's been a very busy week for the artists, the musician and myself, while a ton of additions had been made and added to the intro area of the game, the HUD has been revamped once again and the main character sprite has been completely re done.

I'm willing to admit I am going to need a little bit more time before I re-upload the demo as I promised for it to be released as of July 1'st.

Reason being is I want to replace a few of the songs currently in-game with ones I have coming soon. as well as some of the sprites, such as the attack animation, and the back-dash animation...

I suppose I should at least show a small teaser of what the sprite looks like so far, so I uploaded a video of the main character running around. :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HwAP5-9gCU&feature=youtu.be

I would like to delay the demos release about 2 weeks maximum for optimal experience throughout the demo...

This is for not only the sprites and music...but i'd like to add a room where you will be able to tamper with some of the "parts" you collect to craft different equipment and weapons.

Also there is a holiday in a lot of places right now, and everybody requires time off sometime!. :)

Hey yall! It's been an incredibly busy week, so much as been accomplished.

Not too much in the art department, but this week it's going to pick right back up and new art is going to be made every day.

I've been working on content to produce a well made teaser for Ignarus, as well as touch ups through out the intro of the demo.

2 songs have been changed out, and both new songs are 100% original and made for Ignarus!

SOME may know already, I opened up a patreon account for those who are possibly interested in some

Also, the demo will be available this upcoming Friday, Woohoo!

On the flip side, over the weekend I began working on a new boss, it's still in it's beginning phase, but hey, it's something.

https://youtu.be/w0w8kG32i1Y

Edited by Kudaaj330

Please do not post crowdfunding links (or most offsite links) in your posts. You are allowed to place them in your signature, however.

More info on this can be found in the forum rules section.

The demo is here once again!

Okay, so I worked pretty late last night fixing a few minor things that I kept forgetting about through out the week...

There is still a few minor bugs through-out the demo you may notice, if you come across any and have the time to post what happened and where it happened, I will get on it asap.

Minor bugs already noted

Sprint + attack doesn't work 100% of the time, its a WIP

Your health MAY appear to be at 0 hearts, but you are in fact just VERY close to death, this is a WIP, formulas are annoying imo.

Jarren, Kara, and Protagonists mother sprites, these are also a WIP and will be ready and in the game for another future set demo release, not a big deal.

The back-step is missing it's sprite/animation at this time, this is a WIP and will definitely be available in short future.

Otherwise...I hope the ones who take the time to trial this demo enjoy it and if there are any issues any where, just message me or leave a post...  I hope to receive some feedback!

Also, if you are having issues with the boss, I'm letting the players know right now there is a hidden "something" in the demo somewhere which makes the boss battle exponentially easier.

https://www.mediafire.com/?l04oryd1x9upjm5

Enjoy.

Edited by Kudaaj330
Tarq likes this

Hey all, long time no see, it's been quite a bit since the last time I have updated the page here it's been a busy week for me with real life stuff.. But it's all good and more progress and GREATER progress is to come!

https://www.mediafire.com/?mtjsp86ce34sz6c

New features to the demo include:

A new attack animation/sprite, there is now a chain combo for the first sword you achieve which is sort of a 1-2 combo. The slash does 2 dmg and the stab does 3 dmg.

Charge ability added. Hold attack for a few seconds and gaze upon the new charge combo!

A couple of new sprites to make the game a little more lively..

Kara(sister) and Mother sprites added.

Sprites have been adjusted

Hue have been changed slightly on sprites.

New title screen

Music pieces have been completed and will be seen in the completed version of the game as well.

Boss slightly easier. more breathe time to attack and slower abilities.

The secret armor hidden in the game thus far is quite good, take advantage of it and find it.

Few more minor additions and dialogue changes made here and there.

----------

All in all, it's slowed down a little bit over the last week, but I am definitely picking up the pace again and I will be working less on the demo itself, and more on a promotional video of what is to be expected in the further end of the game..

That...and of course advancing in the story line, and eventing.....slowly but surely... :3

Here is the new demo and I hope to receive some feedback!!

https://www.mediafire.com/?mtjsp86ce34sz6c

Edited by Kudaaj330

Hey everybody again! It's great to be back to post again for the information regarding Ignarus' new update this week.

there has been a few new things added to the game for the future, which are:

A new skill - Jump-Stab - It's exactly what it sounds like. :3

Some new monsters implemented for future use.

Jump, push, throw, and carry sprites were created for the protagonist.

New map developers Matt Beer and EternalShadow are now helping with the creation of each map, giving me tons of time to work on the games progress.

1 new song is being produced.

Random other small adjustments made to many maps regarding invisible walls of the sort.

I hope to receive some feedback based on the quality on the promotional video I created, I don't have much experience video-making as this is the 2nd video I've ever created..

If anybody has any advice or tips, I'll gladly put any information to use.

Kudaaj-

Edited by Kudaaj330

Is this XAS or Pearl ABS?

I'm a big fan :)

This would be the work of XAS ABS, :3

It's definitely a work in progress, thanks! :D

Dymdez likes this

If I may..... Some of the mapping/layers seem a tad off.  What mapping scripts are you using?

The combat is.. spectacular :)

Edited by Dymdez
Kudaaj330 likes this

If I may..... Some of the mapping/layers seem a tad off.  What mapping scripts are you using?

The combat is.. spectacular :)

I just use a script called multi-map layers it simply allows you to use two maps as separate layers as one map.

Yeah my mapping skills are definitely a WIP as well :P, I've recently got a couple of additions to the squad to help with maps.

It is soo time consuming.

and once again thank you so much, I spend a lot of time on the bosses and the whole animations, and skills eventing perspective so the compliment means a lot.

I want the combat to look and feel great by the time i'm done with it. :3

Edited by Kudaaj330
Dymdez likes this

This seems like a pretty good script, One of my other mappers pointed out a script something kind of like this for the benefit of their own use,

i'm going to be using it for the newer maps as the older ones would have quite a work to be done to them at this point. :P

Awesome :D, with XAS as well? I am happy I switched to XAS pretty early on, I don't regret it.

Edited by Kudaaj330

I use a heavily customized Falcao ABS, I'm sure you have a ton of customization as well, especially from seeing the lock-on attacks where the player jumps right to the enemy. The biggest advantage for you is the pixel movement, for sure, looks great

Kudaaj330 likes this

I use a heavily customized Falcao ABS, I'm sure you have a ton of customization as well, especially from seeing the lock-on attacks where the player jumps right to the enemy. The biggest advantage for you is the pixel movement, for sure, looks great

Thanks a lot Dym I appreciate that :3, The pixel movement REALLY does help a lot, I agree with that 100%.

I was actually going to use Falcao ABS in the first place, it's very good and smooth, but one thing that made me change, is the ability to customize the boss' moveset/pattern with XAS ABS, that really gives enemies and bosses "Character" and challenge.

That jump ability actually doesn't "lock on" to target, you have to use it, and aim in the direction, it just jumps and stabs. it doesn't enter wall tiles or anything, so it works pretty good.

ALTHOUGH, XAS ABS offers that ability to lock on and attack, so that is still very do-able. :P

Cheers, again thanks alot!

Edited by Kudaaj330

No problem, I'll be following this one closely, let me know if you need any mapping help or advice, that's really all I can do competently.

As for the boss stuff, when I get around to making a boss, I'll show you that us Pearl ABSers have a trick or two :)

Kudaaj330 likes this

Hey there everybody! Long time no see, that doesn't mean any progress has been made though! I've finally managed to get a website up and launched which is great, I will be able to post my most recent updates and content for the future there and it will be easily accessible.

www.ignarus.ca

mechanic fixes with movement, and skill use tweaked. Changed the HUD, it is still a work in progress but hey, It's coming along. default_smile.gif

Re-added "leveling up" to the game, in some occasions, just a few level ups can be your savior for that difficult boss fight.

Sprites have been input in to the game which I've received from my awesome artist. (Jarrens mother, Pushing, Jumping, New monsters etc.)

mapper has also competed the first parallax map for the game.

I also am opening up a kickstarter within the next few days, So I am really excited for that as well.

This is basically the older demo with some dialogue changes, here and there, as well as other minor tune ups you might notice.

Also, I re-uploaded the promo video, so it has a new URL:

Download Ignarus' current Demo here

http://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/ignarus/

Edited by Kudaaj330
Dymdez likes this