Takeo212

Let's Get To Know Each Other~

200 posts in this topic

I recently remembered an old topic Tsarmina made that was about telling people about some pros and cons of yourself.

I've seen some active games recently, but I don't recall seeing one that actually let us "meet" each other. Especially the newer members, so I thought this would help amend that - even if it turns out to be a short topic before Kaz waves her mighty keys and locks the topic :3 (in a friendly way of course~)

=====================================

Introduction

This topic is to allow us to get to know each other a little better.

Each poster will have the chance to answer a question asked by the previous poster, and then give a question of their own for the next person.

Rules

- No spamming or off topic posts. This keeps teh "game" tidy and on topic.

- No offensive or insulting questions. This counts for questions such as "whos better, x or y" since this can cause alot of arguments and trouble.

- You can have brief chatter within the topic, as long as you answer/ask a question like stated. Adding an extension to the end of your post is fine such as;

answer to previous poster

currently asked question

(Oh hey, I watched that show too. It was really good!)

That is acceptable as long as the topic continues smoothly.

- Don't be a question/answer hog! If you answered a question, and then someone after you answer your question, then let some time pass before you answer again. This lets everyone get a chance to respond and lets us get to know more people. If a day has passed and no one has responded, then you may then answer again to keep the topic lively~

- No advertising or anything. Just keep the topic on topic please~

If someone doesn't understand teh topic, then please look over the previous posts to understand.

I hope this makes sense xD

==================================

What is your favorite gaming genre?

Rikifive, Chaosian and Retnuh like this

It's a toss-up between Akira, Pulp Fiction, or The Silence of the Lambs.

What's your favorite video game title?

Oh, come on, we have the whole site to talk about videogames, let's talk about something else for a change.

That said it's either Final Fantasy VII or Baldur's Gate.

Are you a nerd about something other than videogames?

Motorcycles! And other stuff~

People often remark that I seem to be able to talk about any topic, since I have a vast knowledge of numerous applications, and have access to a wide range of skills. Unfortunately, that also means I'm not particularly good at anything. So I'm a nerd for practical skills.

Are you capable of singing (because I can't)?

Wow that is so cool, I wish I had a variety of knowledges like that! I'm just a gaming nerd.

I couldn't sing even if my life depended on it :P

Do you live with your parents?

Edited by Nirwanda

I've been told I can carry a tune, I don't know if I'm any good though, my voice is grating to my own ears. But my natural pitch is rather deep, so it translates well I guess xp I was in a "band" when I was teenager, and I was to sing and play piano, I even learned how to do screamo on the band-mates request, but it didn't work out because I have such terrible stage fright! (and none of us could actually compose, lul)

What's your favorite era/time/period of history from which country? ;3

EDIT: NOOO Nirwanda ninja'd me! Chaos! Madness!!!!

Edited by Nyapurgisnacht

Mainly from NES console. =3

For example 'Moon Theme' from Duck Tales

and there are many more! ^^ I like 8-bit soundtracks. =3

What do you like to do in your free time?

I do! ^_^ I'm a huge Doctor Who, Star Trek and Firefly fan. :) (Also, same here with the favourite colour. :P )

Do you like tater tots? :)

kaz likes this

Pssh, last book I read was Black Prism by Brent Weeks. I enjoyed it what I understood, but found it rather confusing due to lack of explanation at the start.

Where is your favorite place to visit, whether locally or on holidays?

The arcade I used to work at is pretty great place to visit, especially during their Christmas parties. Maybe one day they'll get the House of the Dead 2 machine again, and I can play that for another 4 hours strait.

Here's a question:

What is / was your favorite class at school / university?

In high school, Rhetoric of Cinema. The entire class consisted of watching movies and writing essays about them. We got to sit in the auditorium with the big comfy seats, too. And it was first period. If the movie was boring, nap time!

In college Team Game. Pretty much what it sounds like. Made a fun little game demo. I was in charge of the level design/texturing. Very fun.

Psychology, creative writing, anatomy, art and gemology! :D They're not just classes, to me, though... They've become hobbies. XD

Do you like superheroes?

Indeeed I do! (Colledge lvl, math would be my subject of choice. Nothing can compare to the beauty of realizing that lotus flowers are creating dodecahedron pollen packages^^, nature favours multidimentional shapes!!!!!)

Anyone feel the desire to break the math/physics governing the universe? (Prolly just me LOL xD)

EDIT: I didn't see Cookie's post when i made this reply so here's my reply to you cookie! :D

I really am not into math but when it comes to science! We can talk all day about how the universe works!

I always have that kind of obsession about time traveling and about fermi paradox theory.(the theory that we are alone in the universe)

I want to experience what it feels like to be sphagetify by a black hole and what it feels like to cross the event horizon.(probably death lol)

I just hope someday that we, As humans can answer all the questions we've been asking before we got extinct.

Oh. And i also want to travel faster than speed of light. So i can see, if i can connect with the speed force! 

(Sorry for this long answer  :P )

Yes!! But i like Marvel heroes than DC. (I think Superman is wayyy to OP)

Captain america: Civil war, Here i come!!. Yahooo!!!  :D  :D  :D

Here's my question:

Do you play musical instruments? 

Edited by Chadzter01
kaz likes this

I somewhat play the guitar, violin and piano. However, I'm getting pretty good at using LMMS and UTAU. :P

Do you like Vocaloid?

@ Chadzter- I concur. Superman is very OP. A lot of DC's characters are like that. That's why I like Marvel more. The heroes feel more human. Even with the Hulk, you have his other half, Bruce Banner who physically is just an average guy. 

I don't play any instruments because I have no musical talent whatsoever.  

@PP (yea a I abbreviate your name! Deal with it! ...irony of taking the time to type that took longer than it would to type your name is sinking in...

Anyway, never heard their stuff so dunno.

Most of the music I listen to is hard rock and metal. Anyone else?

Chadzter01 likes this

@PurplePhantom, I play the violin too!

@Ragnos, I'm afraid my view on humanity it's pretty bad. It's horrible how much pain we had caused, and are causing, to ourselves. And yet we dare to say that we're not animals, that we follow morals. Wherever you look you just see people trying to impose their will over the rest, and/or people gaining power a the expense of everyone else. (After this thought let me say that there are still nice people out there)

Do you like David Lynch's films?

@ Ionequeso and Ragnos - I typically listen to rock, metal, grunge, punk, whatever genre Creature Feature is and Undertale remixes. XD I do, occasionally, listen to Vocaloid stuff, though. XD

@Thaletos - Yay! Another violinist! ^_^ Also, you beat me to it. :P As for David Lynch... I haven't seen his films, but Twin Peaks was pretty awesome! ^_^

My view on humanity? Humanity is corrupt. I understand humanity is an imperfect species, but people kill each other and hunt other species to extinction. People hate other people simply because their different. You're judged if you look even a little out of place with piercings, dyed hair, alternative fashion, etc. People judge others and hate others simply because, "Oh, their beliefs are wrong," or, "Oh, they look wrong," or, "Oh, they're gay," or, "Oh, they have a mental disorder." If you have an opinion different from that of another, the other person(s) will argue with you or shun you because you dare say something different. People are used and things are loved and greed rules over many. People often don't care about that homeless person on the street who needs money or a job or food or something, they care about the next Powerball so that they can get money. The teachers don't care about intelligence, they care about regurgitation of information. The world was once a beautiful, innocent and semi-safe place. Now, it's difficult to leave your own home without the fear of being killed or maimed or robbed or worse. Sometimes, there are kind people. Sometimes, there is the kind person who cares about other people. Maybe they outnumber the jerks of the world. I, personally, don't really know... So, I guess, in short, my view on humanity is that it's corrupt, but, as with everything, there is light in the darkness. There are kind people who understand and are ready to help, to be there, to do something.

Anyway, now that I've ranted...

What's your favourite song?

Edited by PurplePhantom