• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Wisteria D.L

Kiokukagi : Tension Delta Climax (゠オクカギ緊張デルタクライマックス)

39 posts in this topic

Kiokukagi : Tension Delta Climax (キオクカギ緊張デルタクライマックス Kiokukagi Kinchou Deruta Kuraimakkusuis the first oncoming game (project) from Alearia Vision . 

QKaHW43.png

Greetings dear followers of "Kiokukagi" .
I am very sad to announce you that the project was abandoned .
Due to a lack of resemblance to my initial expectations and due to its similitude with Danganronpa , I decided to stop this project and
 start a new one ,
this one :

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40545-prism-virus-%E3%80%90%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BA%EF%BF%BD-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%80%91-survivalvisual-novel/

Prism+ Virus  will be in the same spirit of Kiokukagi with a survival , sci-fi , psychological theme but with a more approximative aspect of the Visual Novel genre .

Most of the characters from Kiokukagi might be kept for a future project  ! Depending if this new project will be fruitful or not .

However , as an ultimate resort , those who really want to give a try to Kiokukagi can ask me the unfinished demo .

But remember , this demo might contain spoilers for Prism+ Virus and might contain glitches as well !

â–² Informations â–¼

Kiokukagi I - Tension Delta Climax will be a visual novel / psychological / survival game .

( DEMO is still under development . Informations will be uploaded along the processing . Everything concerning the mechanics and characters may undergo modifications later on .)

One of the main aim of the game is to induce the player into slowly going from a plain yet unsettling atmosphere to a threatening and anxiety-ridden univers .

The story will slide gradually into an unexpected ambiance that will slyly take the player to unanticipated events and twists .

Mechanics : It will include mechanics such as an interaction system to bond with the various characters in hope to obtain extras . A virtual map will be accessible by pressing a certain button , and more importantly , the game will also be accompanied with many various mini games . (Such as debating in which you will have to confront your opponent , investigations with a point-and-click system and what not.)

â–² Synopsis â–¼

( Note : My most sincere apologies for the upcoming grammatical mistakes and mispelling , I am french and the storyline is somewhat complicated to sum up .)

18 individuals , each stranger to another , find themselves being unconventionally dissolved into pixel-like squares while living their routines individually . As they each consider this frightening event as the rise of an uncanny demise , one after one , they actually wake up to find themselves being locked down an unknown place with no other possible exit or even windows . As all of them are trying to figure out why have they been brought here and how was such an irrational "dissolvement" of their own body possible , a futuristic-looking TV attached to the wall suddenly switches on thus revealing the face of the Puppet Master being ... an actual living and grotesque puppet named Tsugihagi . As this latest uncannily jumps out of the flat screen , everyone quickly notices that nothing of what they commonly used to know about reality was going to be the same afterward .
Effectively ! The 18 individuals were conveyed by a certain mysterious "sect" entitled "Ordeal Of Judgement" to a completly locked place named "Delta Field Environment" to repent from their past crimes , crimes that have been fairly considered by the "Ordeal" as menaces for the welfare of humankind . This repentance will be their only key to their freedom . Although none of them can actually remember their so-called "felonies" , Tsugihagi further explains that they memories were lost through an occasionned amnesia . But how to repent from something you cannot recall then ? The 18 of them will have to obtain "Memory Keys" which are USB drivers seemingly containing their lost memories . The only issue is that , those keys are only obtainable by murdering one among them , going through an investigation of the crime scene and not being discovered as the killer during a debating session . Yet , how is killing someone a way to repent from a committed crime ?

The "Ordeal Of Judgement" considers that murdering a Darkened , presumably an individual who devoted their life to evil-doings and felonies , frees the world from the threat and purifies the murdered Darkened's spoilt heart .
Consequently , are the 18 "Darkened" going to throw themselves into this grotesque murder game for the sake of their individualism and freedom ? And ... what if there was more than expected ?

â–²Main Cast[â–¼

( Characters' biography is very vague , it will only mention their age , job , height , weight , interests and dislikes . Keep in mind that these informations will be already directly readable inside of the game and that the most interesting things to know about them will only be obtainable by interacting with them. )

Each characters ( around twenty ) are each accompagnied with a set of less or more ten facial expressions with movements . They will also all individually include a japanese voice that were diligently picked up for each of them .

Here is the MAIN cast :

(From up left to down right )

XQED23g.jpg

♦ Full body sprites  â™¦

â˜ž http://wisteriarosewood.deviantart.com/art/RPG-Maker-Visual-Novel-KIOKUKAGI-Full-Sprites-616583979 

tS9HLKT.png                                                            

♦ Fully Drawn CG â™¦

v2cv6bl.png

â–  Aimi Mitsuki 愛美.美月

Height and weight : 176 cm for 53 kg
Likes : Art , Astronomy , cute outfits, elegancy , paranormal , bubbles , fancy places , pastries.
Dislikes : Insect , failure , ignorance , trypophobia , imperfection .

â–  Uraraka Itsuki  éº—らã‹.樹 

Height and weight : 194cm  for 77 kg
Dislikes : Tsugihagi ?????? .

â–  Akinobu Suzuha 明信.鈴羽

Height and weight : 145cm for 39 kg
Likes : Flowers , outdoor walks , cute outfits , Ikebana , ribbons , fresh Kyoho grapes , her granny .
Dislikes : Mud , horror houses , elephants , pollution , takuwan , hospital's scent .

â–  Takatsugu Joutarou è²´å—£.天従承

Height and weight : 160cm for 43 kg
Pass time : None
Likes : Video games , MMORPG , moe , owls , guitar , The band "Bandersnatch , Rokoko's Show .

Dislikes : Narrow-minds , cheap games , heartbreaks , abuse , sunny days .

â–  Hinata Eirin æ—¥å‘.æ°¸ç³

Height and weight : 178 cm for 60 kg
Pass time : Formula Pilot
Likes : Beautiful and fast cars , racing , yaoi , yuri ,squirrels , competiting , 

Dislikes : Weakness , high-heels , failure , tuning ,  mysogyny , orders  .

â–  Kujuu Roku ãã‚…ã˜ã‚….å…­

Height and weight : 186 cm for 75 kg
Pass time : J-Rock Guitarist
Likes : Amber , Metal , Dark places , midnight bath , vampire culture , axolots .

Dislikes : Big crowds , hot days , noisy places , pop culture , bullying , vanilla scent .

â–  Chinatsu Shizuka åƒå¤.é™é¦™

Height and weight : 156 cm for 45 kg
Pass time : Nurse student
Likes : Hospitals , mices , cartoons , puffy skirts , cuddles , anmitsu , board games .

Dislikes :  vampires , creepiness , centipedes , night forests , cinammon .

â–  Marionette Caramella マリオãƒãƒƒãƒˆ.カラメリア

Height and weight : 165 cm for 48 kg
Pass time : Nurse student
Likes : Fancy hats , helping , spring , milk rolls ,  sewing , amigurumi, affection .

Dislikes :  Rainy days , crowds , big cities, slurs , spookiness , worms .

â–  Amber Rose  ãƒ­ãƒ¼ã‚º.アンãƒãƒ¼

Height and weight : 162 cm for 47 kg
Pass time : J-rock musician
Likes : Lolita , Metal , Tim burton , Shonen Ai , Roku , Leather boots .

Dislikes :  Descrimination , reality shows , bitter food , hens , animal cruelty .

â–  Kourogi Fuu コオロギ.風,

Height and weight : ??
Pass time : ??

Dislikes :  ??

â–  Junichirou Ittoku ä¸€éƒŽ.一徳

Height and weight : 190 cm for 78 kg
Pass time : Local cooker
Likes :Spicy food , old books , Sangria , Sci-fi , cooking , french traditions , nature .

Dislikes :  Descrimination , stingy bugs , tight underpants  , dubstep , food wasting , littering  .

â–  Fujitsuki Amethyst 藤月.アメジスト

Height and weight : 172 cm for 53 kg
Pass time : Student
Likes : Art , pastries , Gems jewelries , tea , harpsichord , baby pets , cuteness , wisterias .

Dislikes :  Failing , ignorance , spiders , impertinence , strep throats .

â–   Miyamura Yukari å®®æ‘.ゆã‹ã‚Š

Height and weight : 166 cm for 45 kg
Pass time : High-schooler
Likes : Haunted castles  , sailor lolita , halloween , her crush , symmetry , pranks .

Dislikes : Banana flavor , noisy musics , dreams , wearing glasses , natto.    .

â–   Koyakoya Saede å°å±‹å°å±‹.ã•ãˆã§ 

Height and weight : 189 cm for 66 kg
Pass time : Web Idol
Likes : Gyaru fashion , travelling , berry beers , Billy Talent , Pachinko , Okonomiyaki .

Dislikes : Women abuse , descrimination , boredom , animal cruelty , fire , lobsters .  

â–  Kiyomi Mei  æ¸…美.芽衣

Height and weight : 144 cm for 38 kg
Pass time : Middle-schooler
Likes : Cakes , candies , Sailor Moon , cute ribbons ,  kakigori , dolphins .

Dislikes : Stupidity , silliness , spicy food , video games , noisy kids .  

â–  Houjou Fuyuki 豊穣.冬樹

Height and weight : 158 cm for 42 kg
Pass time : Middle-schooler
Likes : Macarons , calm spots , trees , cartoons , figures , collecting .

Dislikes :Bitter teas , the future , bad school grade , pickles , pollution.  

â–  Kanade Michiyo å¥. é“代

Height and weight : 168 cm for 59 kg
Pass time : Elite student
Likes : Old books , hedgehogs , old libraries' scent , retro movies , architecture 

Dislikes : Stereotypes , silliness , rollercoasters , ill-manners , TV news .  

â–  Kimimaru Gakkuri 気味丸.ãŒã£ãã‚Š

Height and weight : 175 cm for 69 kg
Pass time : Surfer / stall owner
Likes : Totems , beautiful waters , surfing , cocktails , pretty girls , laying on moss.

Dislikes : Muddy seas , orders , pollution , weakness , hair frizzing .  

â–   Fujitsuki Emerald 藤月.エメラルド

Height and weight : 174 cm for 51 kg
Pass time :  Socialite
Likes : Running , baseball bats , Amethyst , stars , violin , the past life .

Dislikes : Ignorance , noisy people , opponents , doctors , tight outfits , psychologist .

Tsugihagi ç¶™ãŽã¯ãŽ . 

Height and weight : 80cm
Pass time : ???

Dislikes :  ???.

â–² Facesets Exemplesâ–¼

These face sets do not include spoiler sprites and further facial expressions will be added for each

characters , these merely are exemples . This section will be updated once a chracter's face set has been utterly completed .

â–  Fujitsuki Amethyst FACE SET :

HRfAp4Z.png

â–  Amber Rose FACE SET :

QZFcFxn.png

â–  Akinobu Suzuha FACE SET :

MvVZh6s.png

â–  Fujitsuki Emerald FACE SET :

aDt54V1.png

â–  Marionette Caramella FACE SET :

QPGCTOt.png

â–  Kimimaru Gakkuri FACE SET :

SmnAt3J.png

â–  Hinata Eirin FACE SET :

FNS2IYm.png

â–  Kujuu Roku FACE SET :

my9Fg6x.png

â–  Kiyomi Mei FACE SET :

nYKjJsx.png

â–  Miyamura Yukari FACE SET :

Rg4oxNe.png

â–  Uraraka Itsuki FACE SET :

bovMb6B.png

â–  Chinatsu Shizuka FACE SET :

X4puuAZ.png

â–  Aimi Mitsuki FACE SET :

1oGBvhd.png

â–  Houjou Fuyuki FACE SET :

Uk9dmCn.png

â–  Takatsugu Joutarou FACE SET :

ktz5F62.png

â–  Kanade Michiyo FACE SET :

LfQxoyM.png

â–  Koyakoya Saede FACE SET :

qrRkIOI.png

â–² Creditsâ–¼

My most sincere apologies if I have forgotten to include someone .

Feel free to give me words about it !

( And thank you for sharing your talent , your voice or even your creativity !) 

♦ Sountracks â™¦

■スエノブ â–  ã‹ãšã¡ â–  ä½œç”° 京輔 â–  Low soundorbis â–  ç¨¿å±‹ 隆 â–  haya â–  å¤æ‘å¾ç´€ â–  ilodolly â–  é¾å´Žä¸€â– UG â– Tatsuzaki ichi â–  Korogi â–  Kazuchi  â–  porisupikaderi â– 

â™¦ Seiyuu♦

â–  (Aimi Mitsuki) Hikasa Yoko â–  (Junichirou) Cele Stite â–  (Kiyomi Mei) Ibuki Kido â–  (Marionette Caramella)  Yamazaki Erii â–  (Kanade Michiyo) Ayaka Ohashi â– (Fujitsuki Amethyst) Azusa Tadokoro â– (Akinobu Suzuha) Machico â– (Takatsugu Joutarou) - Hatakeyama Ko â– (Rose Amber) Hiyoko â– (Kujuu Roku) ??? â– (Fujitsuki Emerald) Arimura â– (Chinatsu Patchouli) ??? â– (Miyamura Yukari) Nekomiya Mika â– (Koyakoya Saede) TANIYAMA Kisho  â– (Hinata Eirin) Akahito Tamao â– (Uraraka Itsuki) Shinnosuke Tachibana â– (Kimimaru Gakkuri) Minoru Shiraishi â– (Houjou Macaron) ??? â– (Kourogi Fuu) Ikue Otani

â™¦ Extra Credits ♦ 

â–  Cyanide â–  Rie Iizuka â–  may-tel â–  vimimivian â–  user844830577 â–  izm-6 â–  Nipah â–  draganiliwallls â–  Shwarzenacht's â–  Ayane chan â–  painthurt â–  Anglish Devil â–  Nicolai Heidlas â–  Pixelbloom â–  CMStudio â–  Candaci â–  Mack â–  celianna â–  lunarea â– Cait Kalez â–  Gahlv â–  Yanfly â–  Tsukihime â–  Mog â–  Grandma â–  Khas â–  Raizen â–  Dekita â–  Shaz â–  â–  Zerbu â–  Neonblack â–  Soulpour777 â–  CC   

â–² Few  Screenshotsâ–¼

Please , remember that anything in the game design suchas the characters , the dialogue box 

or even the map can be modificated before the release of the Demo .

Screenshot some maps :

Capture%203_zpse0ja64nf.png

Capture%201_zps5nh7rwk4.png

Capture%202_zpsayqokgbq.png

Interaction Exemple:

Capture%204_zpsy7qogzlc.png

Title Screen Display:

Capture%206_zpsacgvpfmc.png

Screenshot of the menu :

Screenshot%202_zpsapncrqex.png

â–² Trailersâ–¼

#1st trailer [voice showcase]  :

Greetings dear followers of "Kiokukagi" .
I am very sad to announce you that the project was abandoned .
Due to a lack of resemblance to my initial expectations and due to its similitude with Danganronpa , I decided to stop this project and
 start a new one ,
this one :

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40545-prism-virus-%E3%80%90%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BA%EF%BF%BD-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%80%91-survivalvisual-novel/

Prism+ Virus  will be in the same spirit of Kiokukagi with a survival , sci-fi , psychological theme but with a more approximative aspect of the Visual Novel genre .

Most of the characters from Kiokukagi might be kept for a future project  ! Depending if this new project will be fruitful or not .

However , as an ultimate resort , those who really want to give a try to Kiokukagi can ask me the unfinished demo .

But remember , this demo might contain spoilers for Prism+ Virus and might contain glitches as well !

Edited by Wisteria D.L

I like this so far! c: Your art style is lovely and your mapping is also excellent. Keep up the good work :)

( I am sorry if you got a report for your comment , clumsy as I am , I clicked the "report" button instead of the "quote" one in my haste.)

Anyway thank you ! I still am not completly satisfied with my art style since it never renders the way I would like it to do and also for the reason that I am constantly improving my skills everytime I draw a new thing . Therefore , it is really important for me to have an external opinion on this matter . I am very grateful toward you ! 

(And for the map ... well , it's meh"  now that I do parallax mapping , it looks pretty blend and "square-ish" haha .)

Thanks again for leaving a comment :) !

Edited by Wisteria Rosew.

This looks so beautiful!!!! *muffled screaming*

*muffled scream with you* I am so gra-te-ful ! Thank you !

This seems pretty cool. There's some clear Dangan Ronpa inspiration going on here in terms of both plotline and artwork. I enjoyed that game, so I'll be interested in checking this one out too once you have a demo. Good luck with it!

Edited by Whiona
Tsarmina likes this

This seems pretty cool. There's some clear Dangan Ronpa inspiration going on here in terms of both plotline and artwork. I enjoyed that game, so I'll be interested in checking this one out too once you have a demo. Good luck with it!

That is what I mostly fear for my game to be called a rip off , I actually conceived this story way before knowing danganronpa (and indeed , this idea came from when I was an early teenager and watched "Battle Royal" , furthermore it is even through my own little bloody storyline that I got to find about Danganronpa which I really like now !) , the only thing I might have inspired myself from this visual novel is one AND ONLY ONE of the character's design , therefore , I strongly did NOT inspire myself from it unlike loads of other amateur survival slash visual novel slashrpg maker developers . The world is wide so it is not unconceivable for two individuals to share a slightly similar idea .

Beside it , thank you for your opinion , i am very pleased that you find it interesting :D

That is what I mostly fear for my game to be called a rip off , I actually conceived this story way before knowing danganronpa (and indeed , this idea came from when I was an early teenager and watched "Battle Royal" , furthermore it is even through my own little bloody storyline that I got to find about Danganronpa which I really like now !) , the only thing I might have inspired myself from this visual novel is one AND ONLY ONE of the character's design , therefore , I strongly did NOT inspire myself from it unlike loads of other amateur survival slash visual novel slashrpg maker developers . The world is wide so it is not unconceivable for two individuals to share a slightly similar idea .

Beside it , thank you for your opinion , i am very pleased that you find it interesting :D

I never called it a rip off...? I just said it looked like Dangan Ronpa influenced it; there's no need to get so defensive. If you didn't want people to draw comparisons, then I'm not sure why you purposely used the same art style in the first place.

Anyway, whether the game was inspired by Dangan Ronpa or Battle Royale, it looks nice and I hope development goes well for you.

The artwork looks amazing and the story-line is very interesting! At first glance, I also got Danganronpa vibes from the art style, story, and UI--having recently played both DR 1&2 myself. 

I have to say though, it comes off as a bit condescending to suggest that a developer's work is better than others because the latter were inspired by someone else's work(s). A work drawing inspiration from another isn't necessarily a bad thing; it only becomes an issue when the author doesn't properly credit who/what their work is influenced by. At the end of the day, developers put a lot of time and effort in order to create something of their own to share with others.

Good luck with the development of your project~

Let's try to play nice everyone :)

The dev has clearly expressed discomfort along this line of discussion and there is little to be gained from continuing.

You are not obligated to add influences to your credits, and you just have to take a look at how messy many plagiarism lawsuits are to see why.

I never called it a rip off...? I just said it looked like Dangan Ronpa influenced it; there's no need to get so defensive. If you didn't want people to draw comparisons, then I'm not sure why you purposely used the same art style in the first place.

Anyway, whether the game was inspired by Dangan Ronpa or Battle Royale, it looks nice and I hope development goes well for you.

Oh don't worry , I never said you were calling it a rip off , it is just that there are far more narrow-minded and judgmental people out there who will be a lot harsher than you , that is what I meant . And uuh ... no , that is my art style , so here i might get a little offensed and defensive since it took me years and arduous work to comprehend what artstyle I wanted . If you mean that my characters are just as colorful as Danganronpa's characters well , I have to apologies then because Danganronpa doesn't have a trademark on this kind of anime art . My eyes are not the same , the body proportions either , so no , I am sorry but no . I thanked you in the first place and hoped you would figure out that I was completly fine with your opinion but it doesn't seem like you received it that way , and it is not because I state my mind on outer comparisions that I am on defensive , know the difference please .

The artwork looks amazing and the story-line is very interesting! At first glance, I also got Danganronpa vibes from the art style, story, and UI--having recently played both DR 1&2 myself.

I have to say though, it comes off as a bit condescending to suggest that a developer's work is better than others because the latter were inspired by someone else's work(s). A work drawing inspiration from another isn't necessarily a bad thing; it only becomes an issue when the author doesn't properly credit who/what their work is influenced by. At the end of the day, developers put a lot of time and effort in order to create something of their own to share with others.

Good luck with the development of your project~

Thank you very much , I am pleased you think so , sincerely ! And I do understand the Danganronpa vibe that may emenate from my game , but truly it isn't intended .
And in the end , at least , if people enjoyed this visual novel , perhaps will they enjoy mine too ?

And sorry , I may be a little ... hm ... clumsy and inaccurate in the manner I express myself , what I meant is that , unlike some devs who created games inspired by Danganronpa , I didn't base my game on it . As an (uncertain) exemple , 1-Bit Heart's creator is likely to have gotten inspiration from Danganronpa for his game but in the end , it was very good ! As least if he did .

And one last time , the only thing I would credit Danganronpa for is one the character's design and a minor gameplay but beside it , I have been working since middle-school on this story and now I am in college , so believe that it has been a long time that I am planning this game and in addition to that , I had to scrape a lot of ideas I liked just so it would not sound too similar to Danganronpa so ... I feel a little sad for it . Anyway , don't think I am on the defensive as Nellbellz thought I was , I am just trying to explain to avoid any further confusion .

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this article and thank you for sharing out your opinion !
Have a nice day . Edited by Tarq
Merging posts and cleaning up these needlessly large quote pyramids.

Let's try to play nice everyone :)

The dev has clearly expressed discomfort along this line of discussion and there is little to be gained from continuing.

You are not obligated to add influences to your credits, and you just have to take a look at how messy many plagiarism lawsuits are to see why.

Thank you Tarq , but do not worry , everything is fine . It merely was confusion created from conversing virtually . 

It probably is normal for them to feel a little perplexed but I am sure that , with a little explaination , they will comprehend my true intentions .

And sorry for double posting , I was still a little confused about that but I just figured out how to avoid doing this .

Oh don't worry , I never said you were calling it a rip off , it is just that there are far more narrow-minded and judgmental people out there who will be a lot harsher than you , that is what I meant . And uuh ... no , that is my art style , so here i might get a little offensed and offensive since it took me years and arduous work to comprehend what artstyle I wanted . If you mean that my characters are just as colorful as Danganronpa's characters well , I have to apologies then because Danganronpa doesn't have a trademark on this kind of anime art . My eyes are not the same , the body proportions either , so no , I am sorry but no . I thanked you in the first place and hoped you would figure out that I was taking your opinion as a proper one but it doesn't seem like you received it that way , and it is not because I state my mind on those comparisions that I am on defensive , know the difference please .

I'm sorry. In retrospect, my response was rude and I ought to have just dropped the subject.

Edited by Tarq
Again, pyramid removal.

I'm sorry. In retrospect, my response was rude and I ought to have just dropped the subject.

There is no issue don't worry , again , discussing virtually often differs and twists the speech tone and the manner it was intended to be sent and received .

Edited by Tarq
And again.

Thank you very much , I am pleased you think so , sincerely ! And I do understand the Danganronpa vibe that may emenate from my game , but truly it isn't intended .

And in the end , at least , if people enjoyed this visual novel , perhaps will they enjoy mine too ?

And sorry , I may be a little ... hm ... clumsy and inaccurate in the manner I express myself , what I meant is that , unlike some devs who created games inspired by Danganronpa , I didn't base my game on it . As an (uncertain) exemple , 1-Bit Heart's creator is likely to have gotten inspiration from Danganronpa for his game but in the end , it was very good ! As least if he did .

And one last time , the only thing I would credit Danganronpa for is one the character's design and a minor gameplay but beside it , I have been working since middle-school on this story and now I am in college , so believe that it has been a long time that I am planning this game and in addition to that , I had to scrape a lot of ideas I liked just so it would not sound too similar to Danganronpa so ... I feel a little sad for it . Anyway , don't think I am on the defensive as Nellbellz thought I was , I am just trying to explain to avoid any further confusion .

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this article and thank you for sharing out your opinion !

Have a nice day .

@Wisteria

I really hope my comment didn't seem accusatory! Î£(ï½¥å£ï½¥) Though, I never thought or said that you were being/on the defensive. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

From looking at your project, I never thought that it was influenced by or based off of DR since DR isn't entirely original itself. It was the art, storyline, and overall quality of your game that made me really interested and excited for it. Having enjoyed the DR series and the unintended similarities between that and your project made me think that, once your game is released, I would enjoy it too~ Ê•â€¢á´¥â€¢Ê”

@Tarq

I would like to clarify that the second part of my comment wasn't directed at Wisteria in regards to her project. I wasn't suggesting that influences are required to be included in her, or anyone else's, credits. It was a general statement/response to her comment about games being based off of other games which she clarified. There have been many instances where creators whose projects have been based off of/inspired by others and didn't cite or acknowledge them that have received backlash or gotten into legal issues. Citing influences, though not obligated, is a good way to mitigate or prevent that from happening.

Edited by Tarq
And again.

@Wisteria

I really hope my comment didn't seem accusatory! Î£(ï½¥å£ï½¥) Though, I never thought or said that you were being/on the defensive. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

From looking at your project, I never thought that it was influenced by or based off of DR since DR isn't entirely original itself. It was the art, storyline, and overall quality of your game that made me really interested and excited for it. Having enjoyed the DR series and the unintended similarities between that and your project made me think that, once your game is released, I would enjoy it too~ Ê•â€¢á´¥â€¢Ê”

I am very grateful ! Lately I had lost a bit of motivation toward my game but now I just got it back ! And your comment was not accusatory , there is no worry about that .

By the way , now that you have just said DR wasn't original itself , what was it actually based on ? I am somewhat curious now .

Edited by Tarq
And again. In the future can you guys just quote the relevant parts of a post please?

By the way , now that you have just said DR wasn't original itself , what was it actually based on ? I am somewhat curious now .

I don't want to get too off topic from this thread but to me, DR was like Battle Royale (awesome movie, btw) meets Phoenix Wright. I had read some reviews of the game that have said similar things as well [X].

Interestingly enough, both the creator and producer of DR (Kazutaka Kodaka and Yoshinori Terasawa) have said in interviews that Battle Royale--as well as other movies, games, and books--have had some influence on DR [X X X X X]. Though, they've stated that the game itself wasn't based on them, just that they do share some similarities.

Overall, it's kind of cool seeing how some of these influences may have affected some elements of DR and the developers' creative process~

I don't want to get too off topic from this thread but to me, DR was like Battle Royale (awesome movie, btw) meets Phoenix Wright. I had read some reviews of the game that have said similar things as well [X].

Interestingly enough, both the creator and producer of DR (Kazutaka Kodaka and Yoshinori Terasawa) have said in interviews that Battle Royale--as well as other movies, games, and books--have had some influence on DR [X X X X X]. Though, they've stated that the game itself wasn't based on them, just that they do share some similarities.

Overall, it's kind of cool seeing how some of these influences may have affected some elements of DR and the developers' creative process~

Well , in a way , most of survivals all have a common trait , that's one sure thing since they are all from the same category .

But I wasn't aware that BR has had some influence on DR . Now it just makes me want to look for those little clues in the visual novel . haha .

This topic has been updated . I have now added screenshots of some maps that have been remade since then .

Also , I have added new facesets , almost all of them indeed ! Take a peek at it if you wish to , however , do not expect for any spoiler facesets . Hehe .

Thumbnail%20-%20Copie_zpsnojjkaog.png

I love the maps in this! So cool! 

Thank you very much ! I tried my best but I guess parallax mapping would have been a little better anyway , hehe .