Photo

Kiokukagi : Tension Delta Climax ( オクカギ緊張デルタクライマックス)

rpg maker vx ace psychological survival visual novel kiokukagi showroom sci-fi

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

Wisteria , A Fanciful Moon's Deity .

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMoon's Amatheus Kingdom
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Kiokukagi : Tension Delta Climax (キオクカギ緊張デルタクライマックス Kiokukagi Kinchou Deruta Kuraimakkusuis the first oncoming game (project) from Alearia Vision . 

QKaHW43.png

Greetings dear followers of "Kiokukagi" .
I am very sad to announce you that the project was abandoned .
Due to a lack of resemblance to my initial expectations and due to its similitude with Danganronpa , I decided to stop this project and
 start a new one ,
this one :

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40545-prism-virus-%E3%80%90%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BA%EF%BF%BD-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%80%91-survivalvisual-novel/

Prism+ Virus  will be in the same spirit of Kiokukagi with a survival , sci-fi , psychological theme but with a more approximative aspect of the Visual Novel genre .

Most of the characters from Kiokukagi might be kept for a future project  ! Depending if this new project will be fruitful or not .

However , as an ultimate resort , those who really want to give a try to Kiokukagi can ask me the unfinished demo .

But remember , this demo might contain spoilers for Prism+ Virus and might contain glitches as well !

▲ Informations 

Kiokukagi I - Tension Delta Climax will be a visual novel / psychological / survival game .

( DEMO is still under development . Informations will be uploaded along the processing . Everything concerning the mechanics and characters may undergo modifications later on .)

One of the main aim of the game is to induce the player into slowly going from a plain yet unsettling atmosphere to a threatening and anxiety-ridden univers .

The story will slide gradually into an unexpected ambiance that will slyly take the player to unanticipated events and twists .

Mechanics : It will include mechanics such as an interaction system to bond with the various characters in hope to obtain extras . A virtual map will be accessible by pressing a certain button , and more importantly , the game will also be accompanied with many various mini games . (Such as debating in which you will have to confront your opponent , investigations with a point-and-click system and what not.)

▲ Synopsis 

( Note : My most sincere apologies for the upcoming grammatical mistakes and mispelling , I am french and the storyline is somewhat complicated to sum up .)

Spoiler

▲Main Cast[

( Characters' biography is very vague , it will only mention their age , job , height , weight , interests and dislikes . Keep in mind that these informations will be already directly readable inside of the game and that the most interesting things to know about them will only be obtainable by interacting with them. )

Each characters ( around twenty ) are each accompagnied with a set of less or more ten facial expressions with movements . They will also all individually include a japanese voice that were diligently picked up for each of them .

Here is the MAIN cast :

(From up left to down right )

Spoiler

▲ Facesets Exemples

These face sets do not include spoiler sprites and further facial expressions will be added for each

characters , these merely are exemples . This section will be updated once a chracter's face set has been utterly completed .

Spoiler

▲ Credits

My most sincere apologies if I have forgotten to include someone .

Feel free to give me words about it !

( And thank you for sharing your talent , your voice or even your creativity !) 

Spoiler

▲ Few  Screenshots

Please , remember that anything in the game design suchas the characters , the dialogue box 

or even the map can be modificated before the release of the Demo .

Spoiler

▲ Trailers

#1st trailer [voice showcase]  :

Spoiler

Greetings dear followers of "Kiokukagi" .
I am very sad to announce you that the project was abandoned .
Due to a lack of resemblance to my initial expectations and due to its similitude with Danganronpa , I decided to stop this project and
 start a new one ,
this one :

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/40545-prism-virus-%E3%80%90%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%BA%EF%BF%BD-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%80%91-survivalvisual-novel/

Prism+ Virus  will be in the same spirit of Kiokukagi with a survival , sci-fi , psychological theme but with a more approximative aspect of the Visual Novel genre .

Most of the characters from Kiokukagi might be kept for a future project  ! Depending if this new project will be fruitful or not .

However , as an ultimate resort , those who really want to give a try to Kiokukagi can ask me the unfinished demo .

But remember , this demo might contain spoilers for Prism+ Virus and might contain glitches as well !

Edited by Wisteria D.L, Today, 03:46 AM.

♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_

☾ Flutter On A Moon Delight ☽ 

◆Glorious Harvest Of Amethyst Gems◆

❤Dulcet Euphoria For Fluffy Choco❤

❀Pulchritude Of A Wisteria Land❀

♫Bunny's Lullaby Of The Rosy Revery♫

Welcome To The Fanciful Vision Of Alearia

♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_♦_

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
(Kiokukagi - TensionDelta Climax)
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)
 prism%20virus2_zpssxdtq0xg.png

#2 Katsudoom

Katsudoom

Noodle head

• Ace Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNear cup noodle factory
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

Looks awesome!!!! *thumbs up*

#3 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

Looks awesome!!!! *thumbs up*

Thank you so much ! It is very nice to have an external opinion !

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#4 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6236 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

I like this so far! c: Your art style is lovely and your mapping is also excellent. Keep up the good work :)

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#5 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

I like this so far! c: Your art style is lovely and your mapping is also excellent. Keep up the good work :)

( I am sorry if you got a report for your comment , clumsy as I am , I clicked the "report" button instead of the "quote" one in my haste.)

Anyway thank you ! I still am not completly satisfied with my art style since it never renders the way I would like it to do and also for the reason that I am constantly improving my skills everytime I draw a new thing . Therefore , it is really important for me to have an external opinion on this matter . I am very grateful toward you ! 

(And for the map ... well , it's meh"  now that I do parallax mapping , it looks pretty blend and "square-ish" haha .)

Thanks again for leaving a comment :) !

Edited by Wisteria Rosew., 19 June 2016 - 12:45 PM.

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#6 Hayato

Hayato

Bloodsucking Genius

• Banned
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAkihabara, Japan

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:52 AM

This looks so beautiful!!!! *muffled screaming*

developer_banner_by_kervinlee-da4pmah.pnart_shop_by_kervinlee_d9wdwcs_by_kervinl

#7 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

This looks so beautiful!!!! *muffled screaming*

*muffled scream with you* I am so gra-te-ful ! Thank you !

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#8 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

This seems pretty cool. There's some clear Dangan Ronpa inspiration going on here in terms of both plotline and artwork. I enjoyed that game, so I'll be interested in checking this one out too once you have a demo. Good luck with it!

Edited by Whiona, 28 June 2016 - 10:57 AM.

Website ☆ Twitter ☆ Tumblr itch.io

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#9 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

This seems pretty cool. There's some clear Dangan Ronpa inspiration going on here in terms of both plotline and artwork. I enjoyed that game, so I'll be interested in checking this one out too once you have a demo. Good luck with it!

That is what I mostly fear for my game to be called a rip off , I actually conceived this story way before knowing danganronpa (and indeed , this idea came from when I was an early teenager and watched "Battle Royal" , furthermore it is even through my own little bloody storyline that I got to find about Danganronpa which I really like now !) , the only thing I might have inspired myself from this visual novel is one AND ONLY ONE of the character's design , therefore , I strongly did NOT inspire myself from it unlike loads of other amateur survival slash visual novel slashrpg maker developers . The world is wide so it is not unconceivable for two individuals to share a slightly similar idea .

Beside it , thank you for your opinion , i am very pleased that you find it interesting :D

Edited by Wisteria Rosew., 30 June 2016 - 05:47 AM.

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#10 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

That is what I mostly fear for my game to be called a rip off , I actually conceived this story way before knowing danganronpa (and indeed , this idea came from when I was an early teenager and watched "Battle Royal" , furthermore it is even through my own little bloody storyline that I got to find about Danganronpa which I really like now !) , the only thing I might have inspired myself from this visual novel is one AND ONLY ONE of the character's design , therefore , I strongly did NOT inspire myself from it unlike loads of other amateur survival slash visual novel slashrpg maker developers . The world is wide so it is not unconceivable for two individuals to share a slightly similar idea .

Beside it , thank you for your opinion , i am very pleased that you find it interesting :D

I never called it a rip off...? I just said it looked like Dangan Ronpa influenced it; there's no need to get so defensive. If you didn't want people to draw comparisons, then I'm not sure why you purposely used the same art style in the first place.

Anyway, whether the game was inspired by Dangan Ronpa or Battle Royale, it looks nice and I hope development goes well for you.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#11 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

The artwork looks amazing and the story-line is very interesting! At first glance, I also got Danganronpa vibes from the art style, story, and UI--having recently played both DR 1&2 myself. 

I have to say though, it comes off as a bit condescending to suggest that a developer's work is better than others because the latter were inspired by someone else's work(s). A work drawing inspiration from another isn't necessarily a bad thing; it only becomes an issue when the author doesn't properly credit who/what their work is influenced by. At the end of the day, developers put a lot of time and effort in order to create something of their own to share with others.

Good luck with the development of your project~

DeviantArt: http://nelly2793.deviantart.com/

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

#12 Tarq

Tarq

Class: Old Man

• Global Moderators
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:27 AM

Let's try to play nice everyone :)

The dev has clearly expressed discomfort along this line of discussion and there is little to be gained from continuing.

You are not obligated to add influences to your credits, and you just have to take a look at how messy many plagiarism lawsuits are to see why.

Here's an online 'folio of all my gaming projects: http://doubleplusgoo...blogspot.co.uk/

The best place to get the latest news, builds, etc.

#13 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

I never called it a rip off...? I just said it looked like Dangan Ronpa influenced it; there's no need to get so defensive. If you didn't want people to draw comparisons, then I'm not sure why you purposely used the same art style in the first place.

Anyway, whether the game was inspired by Dangan Ronpa or Battle Royale, it looks nice and I hope development goes well for you.

Oh don't worry , I never said you were calling it a rip off , it is just that there are far more narrow-minded and judgmental people out there who will be a lot harsher than you , that is what I meant . And uuh ... no , that is my art style , so here i might get a little offensed and defensive since it took me years and arduous work to comprehend what artstyle I wanted . If you mean that my characters are just as colorful as Danganronpa's characters well , I have to apologies then because Danganronpa doesn't have a trademark on this kind of anime art . My eyes are not the same , the body proportions either , so no , I am sorry but no . I thanked you in the first place and hoped you would figure out that I was completly fine with your opinion but it doesn't seem like you received it that way , and it is not because I state my mind on outer comparisions that I am on defensive , know the difference please .

The artwork looks amazing and the story-line is very interesting! At first glance, I also got Danganronpa vibes from the art style, story, and UI--having recently played both DR 1&2 myself.

I have to say though, it comes off as a bit condescending to suggest that a developer's work is better than others because the latter were inspired by someone else's work(s). A work drawing inspiration from another isn't necessarily a bad thing; it only becomes an issue when the author doesn't properly credit who/what their work is influenced by. At the end of the day, developers put a lot of time and effort in order to create something of their own to share with others.

Good luck with the development of your project~

Thank you very much , I am pleased you think so , sincerely ! And I do understand the Danganronpa vibe that may emenate from my game , but truly it isn't intended .
And in the end , at least , if people enjoyed this visual novel , perhaps will they enjoy mine too ?

And sorry , I may be a little ... hm ... clumsy and inaccurate in the manner I express myself , what I meant is that , unlike some devs who created games inspired by Danganronpa , I didn't base my game on it . As an (uncertain) exemple , 1-Bit Heart's creator is likely to have gotten inspiration from Danganronpa for his game but in the end , it was very good ! As least if he did .

And one last time , the only thing I would credit Danganronpa for is one the character's design and a minor gameplay but beside it , I have been working since middle-school on this story and now I am in college , so believe that it has been a long time that I am planning this game and in addition to that , I had to scrape a lot of ideas I liked just so it would not sound too similar to Danganronpa so ... I feel a little sad for it . Anyway , don't think I am on the defensive as Nellbellz thought I was , I am just trying to explain to avoid any further confusion .

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this article and thank you for sharing out your opinion !
Have a nice day .

Edited by Tarq, 03 July 2016 - 09:12 AM.
Merging posts and cleaning up these needlessly large quote pyramids.

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#14 Tarq

Tarq

Class: Old Man

• Global Moderators
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

Please do not double post. You could have responded to both in a single post.

Here's an online 'folio of all my gaming projects: http://doubleplusgoo...blogspot.co.uk/

The best place to get the latest news, builds, etc.

#15 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

Let's try to play nice everyone :)

The dev has clearly expressed discomfort along this line of discussion and there is little to be gained from continuing.

You are not obligated to add influences to your credits, and you just have to take a look at how messy many plagiarism lawsuits are to see why.

Thank you Tarq , but do not worry , everything is fine . It merely was confusion created from conversing virtually . 

It probably is normal for them to feel a little perplexed but I am sure that , with a little explaination , they will comprehend my true intentions .

And sorry for double posting , I was still a little confused about that but I just figured out how to avoid doing this .

Edited by Wisteria Rosew., 01 July 2016 - 06:23 AM.

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#16 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

Oh don't worry , I never said you were calling it a rip off , it is just that there are far more narrow-minded and judgmental people out there who will be a lot harsher than you , that is what I meant . And uuh ... no , that is my art style , so here i might get a little offensed and offensive since it took me years and arduous work to comprehend what artstyle I wanted . If you mean that my characters are just as colorful as Danganronpa's characters well , I have to apologies then because Danganronpa doesn't have a trademark on this kind of anime art . My eyes are not the same , the body proportions either , so no , I am sorry but no . I thanked you in the first place and hoped you would figure out that I was taking your opinion as a proper one but it doesn't seem like you received it that way , and it is not because I state my mind on those comparisions that I am on defensive , know the difference please .

I'm sorry. In retrospect, my response was rude and I ought to have just dropped the subject.

Edited by Tarq, 03 July 2016 - 09:13 AM.
Again, pyramid removal.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#17 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:36 AM

I'm sorry. In retrospect, my response was rude and I ought to have just dropped the subject.

There is no issue don't worry , again , discussing virtually often differs and twists the speech tone and the manner it was intended to be sent and received .

Edited by Tarq, 03 July 2016 - 09:14 AM.
And again.

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#18 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 11:13 AM

Thank you very much , I am pleased you think so , sincerely ! And I do understand the Danganronpa vibe that may emenate from my game , but truly it isn't intended .

And in the end , at least , if people enjoyed this visual novel , perhaps will they enjoy mine too ?

And sorry , I may be a little ... hm ... clumsy and inaccurate in the manner I express myself , what I meant is that , unlike some devs who created games inspired by Danganronpa , I didn't base my game on it . As an (uncertain) exemple , 1-Bit Heart's creator is likely to have gotten inspiration from Danganronpa for his game but in the end , it was very good ! As least if he did .

And one last time , the only thing I would credit Danganronpa for is one the character's design and a minor gameplay but beside it , I have been working since middle-school on this story and now I am in college , so believe that it has been a long time that I am planning this game and in addition to that , I had to scrape a lot of ideas I liked just so it would not sound too similar to Danganronpa so ... I feel a little sad for it . Anyway , don't think I am on the defensive as Nellbellz thought I was , I am just trying to explain to avoid any further confusion .

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this article and thank you for sharing out your opinion !

Have a nice day .

@Wisteria

I really hope my comment didn't seem accusatory! Σ(・口・) Though, I never thought or said that you were being/on the defensive. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

From looking at your project, I never thought that it was influenced by or based off of DR since DR isn't entirely original itself. It was the art, storyline, and overall quality of your game that made me really interested and excited for it. Having enjoyed the DR series and the unintended similarities between that and your project made me think that, once your game is released, I would enjoy it too~ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

@Tarq

I would like to clarify that the second part of my comment wasn't directed at Wisteria in regards to her project. I wasn't suggesting that influences are required to be included in her, or anyone else's, credits. It was a general statement/response to her comment about games being based off of other games which she clarified. There have been many instances where creators whose projects have been based off of/inspired by others and didn't cite or acknowledge them that have received backlash or gotten into legal issues. Citing influences, though not obligated, is a good way to mitigate or prevent that from happening.

Edited by Tarq, 03 July 2016 - 09:16 AM.
And again.

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

#19 Wisteria D.L

Wisteria D.L

• Ace Member
  • 81 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 03 July 2016 - 05:43 AM

@Wisteria

I really hope my comment didn't seem accusatory! Σ(・口・) Though, I never thought or said that you were being/on the defensive. I'm sorry if I came across that way.

From looking at your project, I never thought that it was influenced by or based off of DR since DR isn't entirely original itself. It was the art, storyline, and overall quality of your game that made me really interested and excited for it. Having enjoyed the DR series and the unintended similarities between that and your project made me think that, once your game is released, I would enjoy it too~ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I am very grateful ! Lately I had lost a bit of motivation toward my game but now I just got it back ! And your comment was not accusatory , there is no worry about that .

By the way , now that you have just said DR wasn't original itself , what was it actually based on ? I am somewhat curious now .

Edited by Tarq, 03 July 2016 - 09:16 AM.
And again. In the future can you guys just quote the relevant parts of a post please?

Projects :

記憶緊張デルタクライマックス
KKK_zpsgwe9cbzt.png

プリズムウイルス
(Prism+ Virus)

#20 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:47 PM

By the way , now that you have just said DR wasn't original itself , what was it actually based on ? I am somewhat curious now .

I don't want to get too off topic from this thread but to me, DR was like Battle Royale (awesome movie, btw) meets Phoenix Wright. I had read some reviews of the game that have said similar things as well [X].

Interestingly enough, both the creator and producer of DR (Kazutaka Kodaka and Yoshinori Terasawa) have said in interviews that Battle Royale--as well as other movies, games, and books--have had some influence on DR [X X X X X]. Though, they've stated that the game itself wasn't based on them, just that they do share some similarities.

Overall, it's kind of cool seeing how some of these influences may have affected some elements of DR and the developers' creative process~

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpg maker, vx ace, psychological, survival, visual novel, kiokukagi, showroom, sci-fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users