• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Ixtkd6P.png

presents...

zrrIQ1f.png

Four Eyes is a story-driven, sci-fi/romance adventure game about a spaceship captain and a narcoleptic alien stranded on an unfamiliar planet.

Download it now on itch.io!

q55sCzN.png

Spoiler

4e4ucRu.png

Spoiler

Ha8xUNb.png

Spoiler

2c64Nvg.png

Spoiler

9pGYoUW.png

Spoiler

ZVAMRkg.png

Spoiler

Want to help support this project?

Just pop this banner in your signature and link it back to this topic!

GaS6AFm.png

Thank you so much for viewing my game!

Edited by Whiona, Yesterday, 01:19 AM.

Wordpress ☆ Twitter ☆ Tumblr itch.io

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#2 Ragnos

Ragnos

The Masked Man

• Ace Member
  • 249 posts
  • LocationAt 1.048596 divergence
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

This sounds extremely interesting, I like the artwork especially. However I don't think I'll be able to play it anytime soon consider how busy I am with everything else. 

Project Iniquitous Member
D4srgS4.png

Check out Dreadnought's Current Project!
http://iniquitousproject.blogspot.com/

Games I Support

Spoiler

#3 lonequeso

lonequeso

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:00 PM

Sounds like an interesting little story. Is that game entirely puzzle based or is there some combat in it? Two things I love in a game are solving puzzles and killing things. I feel the former tends to get overlooked or oversimplified a lot of the time so I hope you got some clever ones planned.

The story reminds me of a movie: Enemy Mine. It has the same set up for the plot. Future/sci fi with humans vs. aliens as the backdrop, and the story having two enemies crash land on the same planet and have to rely on one another to survive while learning an important lesson about equality  :) Good movie. If you haven't seen it, it might be worth a gander for "research". 

Good luck on your project. As always myself and others are always available for feedback and support. (Except Charizard. He'll just troll you.  :P )

#4 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

This sounds extremely interesting, I like the artwork especially. However I don't think I'll be able to play it anytime soon consider how busy I am with everything else. 

Thanks a bunch! I completely understand being busy, so no worries. It'll be a pretty short game, so hopefully you'll find the time to try it someday, but even if you don't, I appreciate the encouragement.

Sounds like an interesting little story. Is that game entirely puzzle based or is there some combat in it? Two things I love in a game are solving puzzles and killing things. I feel the former tends to get overlooked or oversimplified a lot of the time so I hope you got some clever ones planned.

The story reminds me of a movie: Enemy Mine. It has the same set up for the plot. Future/sci fi with humans vs. aliens as the backdrop, and the story having two enemies crash land on the same planet and have to rely on one another to survive while learning an important lesson about equality  :) Good movie. If you haven't seen it, it might be worth a gander for "research". 

Good luck on your project. As always myself and others are always available for feedback and support. (Except Charizard. He'll just troll you.  :P )

Thank you! The game is entirely exploration and puzzle based. I love combat too, but given the time constraints, I felt like I wouldn't have time to balance a decent combat system. To be honest, I'm not sure how great my puzzles will be, since I've never really tried making them before...it's a bit of an experiment, haha. I have one that I'm working on right now that's inspired by an escape room birthday party I went to. :)

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was such a similar story out there. I'll definitely have to check it out!

Thanks very much, and I'll be sure to let you know if I need to bounce ideas off of someone!

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#5 Blindga

Blindga

Bearer of Light

• Ace Member
  • 362 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

I might try and give it a whirl some time. I'm not much for puzzlers, but I've been looking for some rpg maker games to try, and I have a bit of a sweet spot for games with custom art. Hope everything goes well and you can get it into the jam.

Edited by Blindga, 30 June 2016 - 06:34 PM.

Projects:

In Progress

Communities:

nphG2aa.png

#6 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

I might try and give it a whirl some time. I'm not much for puzzlers, but I've been looking for some rpg maker games to try, and I have a bit of a sweet spot for games with custom art. Hope everything goes well and you can get it into the jam.

Thank you! I personally refer to it as a story-driven adventure game rather than a puzzle game. The puzzle segments are mostly there to break up the narrative with some light gameplay and to prevent the exploration from being nothing but walking around.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#7 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

I'm really loving the character art and mapping, and the synopsis has a lot of potential story-wise! Can't wait for further updates. Between this and Jubilee Royale, I'm not sure which I'm excited for more~

Also, I know it's early, but is fanart allowed? I'm really itching to draw Jett and Toa... ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

DeviantArt: http://nelly2793.deviantart.com/

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

#8 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

I'm really loving the character art and mapping, and the synopsis has a lot of potential story-wise! Can't wait for further updates. Between this and Jubilee Royale, I'm not sure which I'm excited for more~

Also, I know it's early, but is fanart allowed? I'm really itching to draw Jett and Toa... ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

AHHH thank you very much! It means a lot to me that someone is excited for both of my games, oh mannn. This reply totally made my night!

YES, FANART IS ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED ;u; I would love to receive some of your gorgeous art!! Thank you!

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#9 KainLightsworn

KainLightsworn

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm super excited for this! I love me a good puzzle game on occasion, and combine that with something so narrative-driven, and you make me very happy~

Also I just have to say, I LOVE all your character designs. Like, all of them. EVER. Toa is soooo damned CUTE~ AHH~

I really love your custom spritework too. Those look really, really good.

Also your title screen does a great job of establishing the mood and feel of the game, so that's super cool too.

Basically I hope the jam is going well and I am sooo hyped for this.

***I SUPPORT***

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

9TA37JO.png

HfWmP88.png

***MY PROJECT***

Support%20Banner_2.png

#10 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

I'm super excited for this! I love me a good puzzle game on occasion, and combine that with something so narrative-driven, and you make me very happy~

Also I just have to say, I LOVE all your character designs. Like, all of them. EVER. Toa is soooo damned CUTE~ AHH~

I really love your custom spritework too. Those look really, really good.

Also your title screen does a great job of establishing the mood and feel of the game, so that's super cool too.

Basically I hope the jam is going well and I am sooo hyped for this.

THANK YOUUU! :'D I'm super glad you love Toa so much. Designing characters is definitely one of my favourite aspects of game development.

Thanks for your comments about the sprite work and title screen, too! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

The jam has been really fun so far and I'm glad I took a chance on participating. I'm really excited (though also scared) to release this thing soon so people can give it a go!! Thanks as always for the kind words~

Edited by Whiona, 30 June 2016 - 10:46 PM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#11 Crescent

Crescent

The Dev

• + Premium Members
  • 464 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

I've never been so much interested in science fiction/modern, but this one really caught my attention! It looks very wonderful and wishing you many good lucks! <3

THE ART THOUGHH!!! ARGW!! ☆ヾ(=´∇`=)ノ彡☆

#12 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

I've never been so much interested in science fiction/modern, but this one really caught my attention! It looks very wonderful and wishing you many good lucks! <3

THE ART THOUGHH!!! ARGW!! ☆ヾ(=´∇`=)ノ彡☆

Thanks, Crescent! I'm really glad that you're interested in the game even if sci-fi isn't usually your thing.

THANK YOU!! :')) I worked hard on the art so I'm happy to hear that you like it!

Edited by Whiona, 01 July 2016 - 09:24 AM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#13 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

I'd like fries with that!

• Ace Member
  • 92 posts
  • LocationA theater near you!
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Irene just looks like the character who will just ruin things for everyone with her sassiness, I love it!

Best of luck with this, Whiona! Don't neglect Jubilee though, I'm looking forward to that as well!  ^_^

Edited by PowerBurger, 02 July 2016 - 01:50 PM.

Link to the topic of a game TheMisterLuigi and I are working on:
kPGcp8G.png

Also the download for Demo v1.0 of the game!
http://db.tt/eZNIo2MX

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#14 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2016 - 07:40 PM

Irene just looks like the character who will just ruin things for everyone with her sassiness, I love it!

Best of luck with this, Whiona! Don't neglect Jubilee though, I'm looking forward to that as well!  ^_^

Thank you! Irene is a ton of fun to write for that exact reason. ;)

Don't worry, I won't be neglecting Jubilee Royale! The due date for this project is July 31st, so after that, my attention will be 100% focused on JR again. I just felt like I needed a break from it to release a shorter project.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#15 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:49 PM

Finished it, hope you like it! Good luck with the game jam Whiona~

LYYOzZZ.jpg

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

#16 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

Finished it, hope you like it! Good luck with the game jam Whiona~

LYYOzZZ.jpg

AAAAAAAAAHHDHFHDS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Your art is amazing!! Look at that precious smile :') Thank you so, so much!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to make this for me!

Is it okay if I share it with my friends on Twitter? I'll be sure to credit you, of course!

Edited by Whiona, 04 July 2016 - 06:40 PM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#17 nellbellz

nellbellz

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sure, no problem! I also have this version of it w/o the words too, if you'd like. I'm really glad you like it; it's my first time making something like this. Hope progress with your game is going smoothly! Hopefully, I can get some stuff done with mine too~

Current Project:

cF7cQG8.png

#18 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:28 PM

Sure, no problem! I also have this version of it w/o the words too, if you'd like. I'm really glad you like it; it's my first time making something like this. Hope progress with your game is going smoothly! Hopefully, I can get some stuff done with mine too~

Awesome, thank you so much! I'll share it tomorrow since it's pretty late right now, haha. (Maybe I can use the big version as a wallpaper to motivate myself~)

It's definitely moving along, but certain things are taking so much longer than I had wanted them to. X( I'm stressing out big time about meeting the deadline and it's only July 5th, haha. Yes, I really hope you can make some good progress on your own game! I'm still very much looking forward to when that comes out.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

#19 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Uses - Game Maker         RMVXAce                                   GM Skill - Procrastinating
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 05 July 2016 - 11:48 AM

I knew I saw that style of art somewhere ~ Then I reminded myself your second project. ^^

Hey that's an interesting project! Good luck! =3

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#20 Whiona

Whiona

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 257 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

I knew I saw that style of art somewhere ~ Then I reminded myself your second project. ^^

Hey that's an interesting project! Good luck! =3

It makes me happy that my style is recognizable to someone! Thank you, Riki!! :)

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:
Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rmvx ace, the showroom, opal starlight, sci-fi, romance, comedy, adventure, four eyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users