82 posts in this topic

Ixtkd6P.png

presents...

zrrIQ1f.png

Four Eyes is a story-driven, sci-fi/romance adventure game about a spaceship captain and a narcoleptic alien stranded on an unfamiliar planet.

Download it now on itch.io and GameJolt!

Stuck on a puzzle? A full walkthrough of the game is now available!

q55sCzN.png

Jett Sherazi is captain of the Nightingale, which – despite the fancy name – is an ordinary cargo spaceship. During a not-so-routine mission to deliver supplies for the human navy, Jett finds an alien named Toa hiding in the Nightingale’s cargo hold – and aliens are at war with humans! He pursues Toa into a nearby escape shuttle…which they launch and crash-land on a nearby planet. Great.

Unable to bring himself to hurt Toa, Jett reluctantly decides to travel with the stowaway until they can find a way to get back up in space. As they explore together, Jett discovers that his tranquil companion isn’t so different from a human after all. But why did Toa sneak onboard the Nightingale…?

4e4ucRu.png

67jLC8o.png

rCHIJrH.png

o8js7XK.png

Ha8xUNb.png

EIe51LN.png

yH7QNa.png

JjR19a.png

8dj0JlU.png

lkHDqo.png

CNp15ud.png

2c64Nvg.png

• Explore and solve puzzles as Jett comes to understand his new companion
  • Swap between characters to clear obstacles. Jett can repair machinery and Toa can move heavy objects with his telekinesis
  • Fun dialogue and a silly, lighthearted atmosphere
  • Original artwork and character sprites
  • Short and sweet, so it won't take you ages to finish!
  • Unique sci-fi environments
  • Two possible endings - one normal, one secret!

9pGYoUW.png

Four Eyes is rated 13+. It contains blood, non-graphic usage of guns, suggestive humour, mild language, and references to alcohol.

ZVAMRkg.png

STORY
Whiona

ART
Whiona

SPRITES
Avadan
Enterbrain
MatsuoKaito
Revival
Whiona

TILES
Celianna
Sherman3D

SOUND
Aaron Krogh
Bfxr
Dreadshadow
JDB Artist
Lisa Redfern
Loge the 60th
Marianne Gagnon
Mike Koenig
Quigon
Soundbible.com
TheBrogrammer
wildcat

WINDOWSKIN
Maker Systems - RPG Maker Source

MAPS
Whiona

SCRIPTS
Archeia
Artlis
Killozapit
Maker Systems - RPG Maker Source
modern algebra
Moghunter
Tsukihime
Yami
Yanfly
Zerbu
Zeus81
Z-ON

EVENTS/DATABASE
Whiona

PLAYTESTERS/QA
Cheyenne Victory
Daniel Jacobs
Hanayoyos
Skedaddlejax
TheMagicalPixieHorse
Tikislayer
Ven Jacobs

SPECIAL THANKS
Daniel
The Bears
Cheyenne
Avery
Kain
Powerburger
TheMisterLuigi
Yaoi Jam organizers and participants
RPG Maker Central Forums
AwfulTerrible
Everyone who supported the demo!

If you see your work in this game and I have failed to properly credit you for it, please contact me immediately so I can fix the error.

Want to help support this project?

Just pop this banner in your signature and link it back to this topic!

GaS6AFm.png

Thank you so much for viewing my game!

Edited by Whiona

This sounds extremely interesting, I like the artwork especially. However I don't think I'll be able to play it anytime soon consider how busy I am with everything else. 

Sounds like an interesting little story. Is that game entirely puzzle based or is there some combat in it? Two things I love in a game are solving puzzles and killing things. I feel the former tends to get overlooked or oversimplified a lot of the time so I hope you got some clever ones planned.

The story reminds me of a movie: Enemy Mine. It has the same set up for the plot. Future/sci fi with humans vs. aliens as the backdrop, and the story having two enemies crash land on the same planet and have to rely on one another to survive while learning an important lesson about equality  :) Good movie. If you haven't seen it, it might be worth a gander for "research". 

Good luck on your project. As always myself and others are always available for feedback and support. (Except Charizard. He'll just troll you.  :P )

This sounds extremely interesting, I like the artwork especially. However I don't think I'll be able to play it anytime soon consider how busy I am with everything else. 

Thanks a bunch! I completely understand being busy, so no worries. It'll be a pretty short game, so hopefully you'll find the time to try it someday, but even if you don't, I appreciate the encouragement.

Sounds like an interesting little story. Is that game entirely puzzle based or is there some combat in it? Two things I love in a game are solving puzzles and killing things. I feel the former tends to get overlooked or oversimplified a lot of the time so I hope you got some clever ones planned.

The story reminds me of a movie: Enemy Mine. It has the same set up for the plot. Future/sci fi with humans vs. aliens as the backdrop, and the story having two enemies crash land on the same planet and have to rely on one another to survive while learning an important lesson about equality  :) Good movie. If you haven't seen it, it might be worth a gander for "research". 

Good luck on your project. As always myself and others are always available for feedback and support. (Except Charizard. He'll just troll you.  :P )

Thank you! The game is entirely exploration and puzzle based. I love combat too, but given the time constraints, I felt like I wouldn't have time to balance a decent combat system. To be honest, I'm not sure how great my puzzles will be, since I've never really tried making them before...it's a bit of an experiment, haha. I have one that I'm working on right now that's inspired by an escape room birthday party I went to. :)

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was such a similar story out there. I'll definitely have to check it out!

Thanks very much, and I'll be sure to let you know if I need to bounce ideas off of someone!

lonequeso likes this

I might try and give it a whirl some time. I'm not much for puzzlers, but I've been looking for some rpg maker games to try, and I have a bit of a sweet spot for games with custom art. Hope everything goes well and you can get it into the jam.

Edited by Blindga

I might try and give it a whirl some time. I'm not much for puzzlers, but I've been looking for some rpg maker games to try, and I have a bit of a sweet spot for games with custom art. Hope everything goes well and you can get it into the jam.

Thank you! I personally refer to it as a story-driven adventure game rather than a puzzle game. The puzzle segments are mostly there to break up the narrative with some light gameplay and to prevent the exploration from being nothing but walking around.

I'm really loving the character art and mapping, and the synopsis has a lot of potential story-wise! Can't wait for further updates. Between this and Jubilee Royale, I'm not sure which I'm excited for more~

Also, I know it's early, but is fanart allowed? I'm really itching to draw Jett and Toa... ლ(Ì◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

I'm really loving the character art and mapping, and the synopsis has a lot of potential story-wise! Can't wait for further updates. Between this and Jubilee Royale, I'm not sure which I'm excited for more~

Also, I know it's early, but is fanart allowed? I'm really itching to draw Jett and Toa... ლ(Ì◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

AHHH thank you very much! It means a lot to me that someone is excited for both of my games, oh mannn. This reply totally made my night!

YES, FANART IS ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED ;u; I would love to receive some of your gorgeous art!! Thank you!

I'm super excited for this! I love me a good puzzle game on occasion, and combine that with something so narrative-driven, and you make me very happy~

Also I just have to say, I LOVE all your character designs. Like, all of them. EVER. Toa is soooo damned CUTE~ AHH~

I really love your custom spritework too. Those look really, really good.

Also your title screen does a great job of establishing the mood and feel of the game, so that's super cool too.

Basically I hope the jam is going well and I am sooo hyped for this.

I'm super excited for this! I love me a good puzzle game on occasion, and combine that with something so narrative-driven, and you make me very happy~

Also I just have to say, I LOVE all your character designs. Like, all of them. EVER. Toa is soooo damned CUTE~ AHH~

I really love your custom spritework too. Those look really, really good.

Also your title screen does a great job of establishing the mood and feel of the game, so that's super cool too.

Basically I hope the jam is going well and I am sooo hyped for this.

THANK YOUUU! :'D I'm super glad you love Toa so much. Designing characters is definitely one of my favourite aspects of game development.

Thanks for your comments about the sprite work and title screen, too! I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

The jam has been really fun so far and I'm glad I took a chance on participating. I'm really excited (though also scared) to release this thing soon so people can give it a go!! Thanks as always for the kind words~

Edited by Whiona

I've never been so much interested in science fiction/modern, but this one really caught my attention! It looks very wonderful and wishing you many good lucks! <3

THE ART THOUGHH!!! ARGW!! â˜†ãƒ¾ï¼ˆ=´∇`=)ノ彡☆

I've never been so much interested in science fiction/modern, but this one really caught my attention! It looks very wonderful and wishing you many good lucks! <3

THE ART THOUGHH!!! ARGW!! ☆ヾ(=´∇`=)ノ彡☆

Thanks, Crescent! I'm really glad that you're interested in the game even if sci-fi isn't usually your thing.

THANK YOU!! :')) I worked hard on the art so I'm happy to hear that you like it!

Edited by Whiona
Crescent likes this

Irene just looks like the character who will just ruin things for everyone with her sassiness, I love it!

Best of luck with this, Whiona! Don't neglect Jubilee though, I'm looking forward to that as well!  ^_^

Edited by PowerBurger

Irene just looks like the character who will just ruin things for everyone with her sassiness, I love it!

Best of luck with this, Whiona! Don't neglect Jubilee though, I'm looking forward to that as well!  ^_^

Thank you! Irene is a ton of fun to write for that exact reason. ;)

Don't worry, I won't be neglecting Jubilee Royale! The due date for this project is July 31st, so after that, my attention will be 100% focused on JR again. I just felt like I needed a break from it to release a shorter project.

Finished it, hope you like it! Good luck with the game jam Whiona~

LYYOzZZ.jpg

AAAAAAAAAHHDHFHDS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Your art is amazing!! Look at that precious smile :') Thank you so, so much!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to make this for me!

Is it okay if I share it with my friends on Twitter? I'll be sure to credit you, of course!

Edited by Whiona
Kirimash likes this

Sure, no problem! I also have this version of it w/o the words too, if you'd like. I'm really glad you like it; it's my first time making something like this. Hope progress with your game is going smoothly! Hopefully, I can get some stuff done with mine too~

Sure, no problem! I also have this version of it w/o the words too, if you'd like. I'm really glad you like it; it's my first time making something like this. Hope progress with your game is going smoothly! Hopefully, I can get some stuff done with mine too~

Awesome, thank you so much! I'll share it tomorrow since it's pretty late right now, haha. (Maybe I can use the big version as a wallpaper to motivate myself~)

It's definitely moving along, but certain things are taking so much longer than I had wanted them to. X( I'm stressing out big time about meeting the deadline and it's only July 5th, haha. Yes, I really hope you can make some good progress on your own game! I'm still very much looking forward to when that comes out.

I knew I saw that style of art somewhere ~ Then I reminded myself your second project. ^^

Hey that's an interesting project! Good luck! =3

I knew I saw that style of art somewhere ~ Then I reminded myself your second project. ^^

Hey that's an interesting project! Good luck! =3

It makes me happy that my style is recognizable to someone! Thank you, Riki!! :)

Rikifive likes this

I am set on playing this game once it will be released !

It does seems like a pretty original storyline .

And the pun of the "Four Eyes" for the Alien while it is also a pejorative word for someone who wears glasses just like your protagonist,

it is ingenious !

Edited by Wisteria Rosew.

Looks really cool! I love the character designs :D 

I am set on playing this game once it will be released !

It does seems like a pretty original storyline .

And the pun of the "Four Eyes" for the Alien while it is also a pejorative word for someone who wears glasses just like your protagonist,

it is ingenious !

Thank you very much!! I actually gave Jett glasses just so I could make that pun, haha. He wasn't originally going to have them, but I'm glad that he does now - I think they add personality. :)

Looks really cool! I love the character designs :D

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to hear it.

I love this game, and it's not even playable yet. Definitely going to give it a try.

Edited by Kirimash
Whiona likes this

I love this game, and it's not even playable yet. Definitely going to give it a try.

Thank you very much!! It will (hopefully) be done in a month, so you won't have to wait too long!

Kirimash likes this