#41 Sky Usanin

Sky Usanin

Umbral Author

• Ace Member
  • 722 posts
  • LocationLortrec - Imperishable Graves
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

Congratulations for getting your demo out, Whi! I'll give it a try when I'm less busy - even though I don't like yaoi, I will play the game anyway.

Twitter - Wordpress - Youtube

n7IlDQd.png

Usanin Supports!

Spoiler

#42 Kyrymash

Kyrymash

Lucina

• Ace Member
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationPortugal Language: Portuguese =======[Skills]======= >Writing: ★★★★☆ >Mapping: ★★☆☆☆ >Spriting: ★☆☆☆☆ >Scripting: ☆☆☆☆☆ ======[RPG Maker]====== Experience: 10 Months Primarily Uses: RMVXAce
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

Can I record gameplay for YouTube?

Sure, go for it! Although you may want to hold off on that for just a few more days - there are a handful of small bugs that the first round of players have discovered and I can't fix them until Monday at the earliest. I'll post here when those issues are ironed out!

Good to know, I was going to record it on Monday anyway.

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

My main game (Click the 1st picture above to visit the game's page on GameJolt). If you want, you can help me with my game. Anyone can. I recommend stopping by GameJolt. Visit the website for more info. : http://crystals-of-e...nts.weebly.com/ Or the Discord server: https://discord.gg/74azNT6

If you want to support my other game, that it's here on RPG Maker Central Forums, here's the banner:

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

[Click this banner to check my resources]

All the games I support so far:

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#43 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

Based on the first round of player feedback, I’ve released an updated demo (downloadable on itch.io) that fixes a few issues. Sorry it was a day later than expected! Here's what's new:

• The first puzzle was altered to be a bit simpler and has a different solution
  • Missing character busts have been added to some lines of dialogue
  • The rock puzzle in the second cave no longer resets after you’ve successfully reached the teleporters for the first time
  • Jett can no longer walk on the top wall of the Nightingale’s bridge
  • More nudges were added regarding where the player should go next
  • Confusing wording about the mineral-examining machine was removed and now both halves of the machine have the same function
  • Toa selfcest is no longer possible – which I’m almost a little bit sad about, because that was hilarious

Because I was cutting it so close to the Yaoi Jam deadline, I didn’t have time to playtest with a large group of people, so a lot more bugs than I expected slipped through the cracks. I also ended up making some of the puzzles too frustrating because I was worried about holding the player’s hand and went too far in the opposite direction. Hopefully demo v1.1.0 is more polished and intuitive! Feel free to share any feedback that you may have.

EDIT (Aug. 11 @ 12:39PM EST): Demo v1.1.1 is now available and includes some minor bug fixes:

• A couple of instances where Toa's bust wouldn't disappear after the dialogue window closed have been fixed
  • Tile passability issues in the cargo hold have been fixed
  • One instance where Toa's name displays before he has introduced himself has been fixed

Edited by Whiona, 11 August 2016 - 10:44 AM.

Website ☆ Twitter ☆ Tumblr itch.io

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#44 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• Ace Member
  • 388 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:49 PM

This looks fascinating! When I get back on my own PC, I'll be sure to snag the demo! Keep up the great work!  ^_^  :thumbup3:  *puts support image in my siggy*

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

#45 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

I'd like fries with that!

• Ace Member
  • 94 posts
  • LocationA theater near you!
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:55 AM

PowerBurger here, reporting in with my report on Four Eyes! 

Just finished playing, and I have A MASSIVE COMPLAINT, madame Whiona!

A complaint that transformed my entire experience into an inexcusable travesty! 

IT'S

TOO

short

BEAUTIFUL!!!

thank you so much for this experience

Anyway... where to begin, where to begin... I believe I'll begin with the music! 

- Audio -

As I'm writing this, I'm listening to Nightingale's theme. You know, that one. It's techno, catchy, irritating, and will never ever leave my head. So why can't I stop listening to this?!

There's only 3-4 tracks in the demo, if I recall, and they're all extremely fitting and unique in their own ways. For example, said Nightingale theme initially caught me off guard, but it suited Jett to a tee. The sound effects are decent enough, and I instantly recognized the RTP ones, hehe. The sounds involved with the menu are fantastic, and while the talking beeps were initially grating, they grew on me. I'd love to go further into the audio, such as the halo-esque theme of the planet, it's actually one of the least interesting aspects of the game. Which is, in all honesty, surprising.  :huh:

- World -

That artwork though! Irene with a coffee mug... I couldn't stop staring at that for a good thirty seconds.  :P

The environments are, for lack of a better term, incredible. No tile feels random or unused, and there's atmosphere as well as character to absolutely everything. The best part is that the music compliments the map, not the other way around, which many developers have trouble figuring out. The fact that you found a use for every space impresses me, and once again, insta-jelly about how much better your game looks than ours. Props!

- Plot -

Admittedly, I don't have much to say about the plot, as there isn't much of one yet. The game's big mystery revolves around Toa, obviously, and it'll be interesting to see where that goes. As it stands, most of the game is about puzzle-solving and developing the characters, which is completely acceptable for a demo such as this one. 

- Characters -

The characters. Good god do I love the characters. Let's, appropriately, start with Jett. 

Jett is a character who, in almost every way, resembles a certain stereotype that I can't stand. I know you know which stereotype I'm talking about, heh. However, and I don't know how you did it, you made me fall in love with his personality. He has his quirks, he's kind of a fanboy, he's over-the-top with his enthusiasm sometimes, and he loves compliments. He reminds me of Jaden from Yu-Gi-Oh!, haha.

However, he also has underlying character traits that are present at the start, and yet aren't so obvious. He is the captain for a reason, after all. He may be a bit of a dork, but he has his mature moments, and has a surprising amount of common sense. 

He honestly seems like the perfect guy to invite over to play Smash Bros with.  ^_^

Gotta Jett onto Irene now!

At first glance, Irene seems to be the more calm and collected of the two. I honestly thought she'd be like a Spock, albeit much sassier. Glad to see I was wrong!

Irene reminds me of Margot in some ways, actually. As mentioned, she is sassy, but she's also fairly clever. She's able to be a counterpart to Jett, and provides progression as well as comic relief. I loved that phone conversation with her asking for permission to use Jett's TV. If I recall, she said something like, "Oh, yeah, I should just use it anyway. Byeeeeeeee."

Yep. Totally using her for inspiration down the line for when I write my own characters. Gotta say, she's done extremely well for a supportive role, nice job!

Now, time Toa move onto our four-eyed friend, hm? He has alien figure, how often does he go Toa gym? 

Puns aside(sorry lol), Toa's a character I couldn't figure out for a good while. If that was your intent, well done, he's definitely got the mysterious vibe down! He's very aloof, passive, and clearly has a thing for Jett. Honestly, their relationship is pretty adorable. If the OTP wasn't obvious before, you quite subtly established it by having Irene call to remind Jett of his... situation.  :giggle:

I apologize if I don't have much to say about the latter two characters. They're done extremely well, it's just that I haven't seen enough of them to really judge their personalities. Jett is much more readable for the moment, especially with all of the different interactions he has in this room, haha. 

- Gameplay -

The first thing I noticed were all of the different interactions Jett (and Toa) seem to have when it comes to solving puzzles. If you're not quite on the right track, you're still rewarded with dialogue, most of it being amusing and in-character. Again, props!

Speaking of puzzles, I actually forgot that this was a puzzle game when I played it. When I went to Jett's room to get a gun, my thoughts were along the lines of, "I wonder what the battle system's like." It came back to me after a couple minutes of hunting down the hints for the passcode, haha. It was actually mildly time-consuming and tricky for just the first puzzle, and the rest of the puzzles didn't disappoint either. Admittedly, the one with the arrows pointing into the rock legitimately stumped me for several minutes, even though the answer was relatively obvious. 

I have to say, I LOVE the swap-style mechanic in Four Eyes! I honestly can't wait to see how you develop it further into trickier and trickier puzzles. I haven't seen creativity like this in an RPG-Maker game since Ib, and if I'm comparing your game to Ib, that means you did something right.  ;)

- Criticism -

As amazing of an experience that Four Eyes is, I do have two criticisms to give. First, there unfortunately isn't a way to review the hints for most puzzles beyond the passcode one. All dialogue should indeed be read and remembered, but human beings such as myself have a tendency to forget or skip dialogue by accident. Perhaps a journal or a way to access the characters' thoughts would prove useful to the player.

The second criticism is just a nitpick of mine. The passcode was not the obvious answer that I initially tried, and it impressed me that you thought of something that clever for the first puzzle. I'm actually surprised Jett didn't put the obvious one as his passcode in the first place, it would have made sense considering his character, haha.

My apologies, I got a bit off-track. That wasn't the minor nitpick that I had. Just about every puzzle after the passcode one isn't as intricate or clever, despite each one being unique from each other. With the passcode, you legitimately had to think and take notes, even if it was rather simple. The rest of them could be solved by trial and error instead of using actual logic, even if logic is the most efficient solution. I'm not saying that every puzzle should be like the first one, just that some puzzles shouldn't be solvable just by clicking everywhere until you solve it. Yes, I know the game's not that long and all, and there aren't that many puzzles. Like I said, it's just a very tiny nitpick.  :P

- Errors -

I only found one tiny error: In the first cave on the planet, Toa is missing a bust when he says this line: "All this complicated machinery... I couldn't be bothered to figure it out."

- Conclusion -

Thank you so, so much for this experience! If by any chance you pick up this project again, feel free to hit me up if you need puzzle inspiration/ideas! I'd be more than happy to contribute! Also, JettxToa needs to be developed further, their promising relationship at the end of the demo made me feel a happy. 

If I had to rate this game, I'd give it an 8/10. In no way am I a professional critic, but if I was, I'd still give it an 8. Nicely done!

That concludes my report. PowerBurger out!

I made like 15 edits to this post ahaha

Edited by PowerBurger, 13 August 2016 - 03:47 PM.

Link to the topic of a game TheMisterLuigi and I are working on:
kPGcp8G.png

Also the download for Demo v1.0 of the game!
http://db.tt/eZNIo2MX

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#46 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

@Raymi: Awesome, thank you so much for displaying my banner! :) I really appreciate it!

@PowerBurger: Oh man, I read this review on the morning of a super-busy day and I was really excited to get a chance to reply. Thank you for taking the time to write all of this, and I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it!! :'D (Despite your massive complaint, hehe. But seriously, THANK YOUUU!) I'll reply to this point by point.

Audio: Haha, the Nightingale theme is probably my favourite in the whole game - I agree with you that it suits Jett perfectly. It's a silly, cute tune that I think fits the tone of the game. I was lucky in that I had some really nice tracks stockpiled from resource packs I'd purchased. I guess I really like talking beeps in video games, which is why I included them, but so long as they didn't irritate you too much, then that's good

World: Thank you!! Irene with a coffee mug was a spur-of-the-moment inclusion. I just wanted to throw in a joke about her needing a coffee before she can deal with her hyper best friend, but I thought it'd look weird if she wasn't holding the mug, so…sprite animation time! Thanks so much for your kind words about the environments!! I had a lot of fun mapping the game, and was able to accomplish a surprising amount with mainly traditional mapping - only the Nightingale bridge is parallaxed. (NO SSSHHHH I'm jelly of your game…it totally feels like a real traditional RPG.)

Plot: Yeah, there isn't really much to the plot of the game, to be totally honest. It's more of a character-driven adventure with a simple plot in the background to keep things moving along. There are definitely some twists to come, though, and yeah, Toa's true identity and motivations become important later on.

Characters: YAAAY, I'm so happy you loved them!! Characters like Jett can definitely be grating when they're not handled well, so I'm glad he managed to win you over. :) Actually, it's interesting that you saw those underlying character traits and mature moments, because another player had said that they didn't understand why he was the captain at all. I do plan to bring out his leadership qualities more in the full version, but it's good to know that someone did see them there.

I can definitely see the resemblance between Irene and Margot! Irene's a little bit meaner, but they're both sassy and comedic characters. Aw man, I'm flattered that I inspired somebody!!

No worries, the puns are great. I mean, the title of this game is a pun. Yeah, Toa's meant to be a little mysterious - he's hard to read and you don't really know who he is or what he's after other than Jett. PFFFFFT okay, I laughed really hard at the video. I was definitely not subtle in letting the player know that Jett Likes Dudes, but when you're dealing with characters who aren't straight, sometimes subtlety just flies right over people's heads and they'll be like, "Wow, I love these good buddies!" I just wanted to make sure there was no room for confusion about that. :P I'm glad to hear that you thought they were cute together! Their relationship will be developed a lot more in the full version, seeing as it's the central focus of the game.

That's totally fine - I recognize that the player hasn't seen enough of Toa and Irene yet to get as invested in them. :) (And yet, hilariously enough, Irene demolished the two boys in a character popularity poll I ran on Twitter.)

Gameplay: Thank you for noticing that! I had a lot of fun writing the bonus dialogue for when you're not doing the puzzles right. (Have you tried breaking off the rock samples with Jett?) Haha, I did see a few people asking "where's the combat?" when they started the game - I guess the gun gave off the wrong impression. If you got stumped at a couple of points, then that's good! I don't want it to be too hard, but I'd also like the player to stop and think every once in a while. Wow, thank you so much!! The swap mechanic was, oddly enough, inspired by Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. I liked how you could switch between the two brothers with the press of a button and they both had different abilities to help you progress. Oh my gosh, getting compared to Ib?? ;__; That's extremely flattering! Thank you!!

Criticisms: Noted! I can pop in a journal system to remind the player of what they've done so far and what they're supposed to do next. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm also working on a hint system for the full version where the player can call Irene to ask her for help. She'll give you a nudge in the right direction and maybe sass you a little for your inability to solve the puzzle by yourself. :P There won't be any consequences for using the help system, though - I don't think that's fair to the player.

…Okay, now I actually feel kind of dumb. What's the obvious answer that you tried? 1234? (My friend joked that based on his personality, the password should've been 1337, LOL.)

I definitely agree with you about the first puzzle being the most interesting one, and it's something that I've struggled to replicate as I continue on with development. I'd really like to have more puzzles that are logic-based and can't just be "brute forced" by clicking on everything. That's the most major thing that I'd like to improve for the full version!

Errors: DANGIT, I thought for sure I had caught all the missing busts by now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Thank you for playing the game, and for taking the time to write all of this out! I'll definitely hit you up for those puzzle ideas, because I'm running out, LOL. If the game made you feel a happy, then that makes me feel a happy too. :'D

Woah, 8/10?! That's pretty sweet!! Far better than what I'd expected for my first demo for sure. Thanks again so, so much!

Edited by Whiona, 14 August 2016 - 08:32 AM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#47 Kyrymash

Kyrymash

Lucina

• Ace Member
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationPortugal Language: Portuguese =======[Skills]======= >Writing: ★★★★☆ >Mapping: ★★☆☆☆ >Spriting: ★☆☆☆☆ >Scripting: ☆☆☆☆☆ ======[RPG Maker]====== Experience: 10 Months Primarily Uses: RMVXAce
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

I gotta say I love the game so far. I was going to post a video on Friday, but Bandicam crashed while recording...

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

My main game (Click the 1st picture above to visit the game's page on GameJolt). If you want, you can help me with my game. Anyone can. I recommend stopping by GameJolt. Visit the website for more info. : http://crystals-of-e...nts.weebly.com/ Or the Discord server: https://discord.gg/74azNT6

If you want to support my other game, that it's here on RPG Maker Central Forums, here's the banner:

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#48 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Ah, that's really too bad! :( But I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it so far!! Hopefully you can get Bandicam working again, because I'd really love to watch your playthrough.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#49 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• Ace Member
  • 388 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

Sorry about my short post the last time I posted here...I was pressed for time XD But, I just want to say that your artwork is really beautiful, your plot is super interesting (and unique!), and I can't wait to try out this game :) My internet is down at the moment, but I can assure you I will be downloading this as soon as it's fixed! :D

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

#50 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

Thank you so much, Raymi!! <3 No worries about making a short post - that's totally fine! Please let me know what you think once you get a chance to try it.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#51 Nexofficial

Nexofficial

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

Hi Whiona ! I liked the game even though it was short ! Your dialogues and general ambiance are really good ! I really liked the first puzzle (and how every item had an event page for each clue). The music was really catchy too ! I liked it ! I noticed a little bug though, on the planet just after the first cave, if you switch maps and go immediately left or right it'll switch maps again, might wanna fix this. It's as simple as putting a conditional branch that says : Character facing down or up depending on the context. Anyway, good luck with your game I'm sure the final version will be a blast ! :3

#52 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

• Ace Member
  • 94 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

@Whiona

Indeed, that complaint was immensely vitally crucial. I'm glad you acknowledged it, hehe. 

I'll go over your individual replies, albeit briefly if you don't mind. I don't want to hog the whole thread, after all.  :P

I ended up enjoying the talking beeps over time. While they broke the immersion at first, at the end of the game I could barely hear them. Perhaps they could be a little quieter? Just a little though, haha.

We are still trying to figure out parallax mapping on our end, and to be honest, we've decided to put it off for the time being. Too much work for our schedules to handle, and it's not completely necessary right now, so we'd rather focus our time on other things. Enough about our game though, I love the effect your parallax mapping has with the spaceship! It's smooth as heck!

Toa's definitely against his own race, he's made that much clear. Hmm... this could be good...

Yeah, you did a fantastic job of making Jett's better qualities his more subtle ones. His shining moments pop out more as the game progresses. They're visible almost right away, but you have to sort of look for them, as he's very much a dork. I suppose I'm sort of an analyst in that regard, haha.

Irene's sassiness is similar to a character of mine, actually. It's my own personal project that I really need to get back to, but can't bring myself to continue.  :(

I'm glad you enjoyed that little video I threw in there! As I was writing this thread, I just had the idea of, "I'M GONNA USE JONTRON, MEHEHE!!!" 

Admittedly, when I was younger, I was against homosexuality. It was the way I was brought up, you know? It's definitely a positive in our society when one can see an implied relationship between two men in a videogame and find it cute, rather than freaking out. You honestly did a great job characterizing their relationship without making it too obvious at first. Then, well, IRENE.  ;) 

Personally, I would have voted for Jett in the poll. Just sayin'.

Isn't that the bit where Jett tries to brute-force the rock and hurts himself? XD

And yup, Ib has a similar system later on in the game! The way that game does it is slightly more complex, but I'm sure you'll find a way. Honestly, your swap mechanic has serious potential. 

Ooh, that'd be a pretty nice role for Irene to get into. "What? You need my help AGAIN? Didn't they make you the captain for a reason, Jett?"

Yup. 1234. Because that's totally not an obvious passcode.  :giggle:

Hmm... perhaps you could combine some elements of puzzles? Try adding in the time limit aspect to the rock-pushing, for example. 

By all means, feel free to ask me for any ideas! I'd need a little reference to what the characters are actually doing, of course. I enjoy creating puzzles, as they feel like puzzles to create! Most of the puzzles in Legacy, the ones that don't have a focus on dialogue, are my doing. That doesn't sound like much, admittedly, but I've been redesigning the dungeons in general. Trust me, they'll look much cleaner and developed.  ^_^

Truth be told, an actual critic would give you a 7 or a 7.5 I believe. That's still amazing in my book. Although now that I think about it... your game gets a 7.8/10. Too much Jett. ^-^

Edited by PowerBurger, 16 August 2016 - 02:33 PM.

kPGcp8G.png

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#53 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:55 PM

@NexOfficial: Thanks so much for your feedback and for catching that oversight! I'll be sure to fix those transfers. :) Glad you enjoyed the dialogue and atmosphere!

@PowerBurger: I'm feeling a bit too lazy right now to go through each of your individual responses, but basically I appreciate all of it! Thanks again for the detailed feedback! And I could see about making the talking bleeps a little quieter - you're right that they are a bit on the loud side.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#54 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

• Ace Member
  • 94 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Want to know why it took me a full 2 days to make that response? Laziness as well. Anything less than a detailed response wouldn't sit right with me, and I just didn't feel like doing one at the time. Heck, I had to force myself to start it. =P

In no way did that affect the response though, everything I said is genuine.  :)

Edited by PowerBurger, 16 August 2016 - 03:17 PM.

kPGcp8G.png

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#55 JuJu

JuJu

Unoffical Section XIII Member

• + Sponsor
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe, Mortal Plane

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

I finally had a day off work to play the demo and finish it, and I'm already ready for more! It's such a good game! I have to admit, the (3rd?) puzzle stumped me (with the arrows) for about ten minutes, until I realized all at once what I was supposed to do. It gave me something I hadn't felt in a long time: A thrill to have figured out the answer, along with a little chuckle at myself for being so clueless about it. I actually stopped and had a small thought about I don't get that from puzzles anymore. Most of them are either entirely too obvious or you get too many hints on how to beat it, so it's not as fun. I'm really happy that this game gave me a bit of brain work to do and gave me that feeling of reward when I figured it out. Kudos to you for that! 

Also, I think even though Toa is supposed to be mysterious, I relate to him the most. Sleeping, reading, stargazing? That sounds like my kind of alien! I do like Irene, too. She reminds me of one of my bosses, who's never seen without his faithful coffee cup. Hahaha. 

Anyway, it's a great game and I can't wait until the full version so that I can sit and play it more! 

Juju: Programmed to Procrastinate
Writer | Game Developer | Full Time Dork

76561198139043142.png

Current work

ySs5qW8.png

Juju-Approved Links: 

Juju Likes These! 

Spoiler

#56 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Oh wow, thank you so much!! I'm really glad that you had that experience with my puzzles, because I mostly had no idea what I was doing. :'D

It's nice to see some love for Toa! He seems to be the least popular character for now - but that makes sense, since you don't really get to know him that well in the demo. I did try to give him some relatable qualities to make him seem more approachable to Jett despite his mysteriousness, so I'm glad that came across.

Once again, thank you! I'm working away and hope to have the full version out by the end of the month, if all goes well.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#57 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hi all! While the full version unfortunately isn't finished yet like I had wanted, I've done a few things over the course of this month:

• Designing and eventing the steps necessary to achieve the secret ending
  • Endgame cutscene eventing
  • NPC dialogue and eventing
  • CG art – as it stands, an endgame cutscene I’m working on just has some colouring left to go
  • Minor fixes, like repositioning Irene’s bust in some events

Sorry for the short bullet point update. The stuff I've been doing is mainly in spoiler territory, so as much as I’d love to show some more screenshots, I kinda can’t. :(

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#58 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:59 AM

Hey guys! Apologies for my absence as of late! I am still working hard on this game and wanted to share my October progress with you all. :) Also, sorry in advance for the slightly ginormous screenshots; my laptop screen is set to 200% zoom and I was too lazy to adjust it before taking these, haha. I'll pop them under spoilers so as to not stretch the page too much.

The major thing that I've made headway on this month is the hint system. You may or may not have noticed in the demo that, after crashing the escape shuttle, Jett receives a comm transmitter. This didn’t do anything in the demo, but now, selecting it from the item menu…

Spoiler

…will allow Jett to call Irene and ask for guidance on the current puzzle. An invisible value tracks the player’s progress in the game so that Irene will display the correct dialogue for whatever point they happen to have reached. Jett also explains to her what it is he’s trying to do before she offers her advice, just in case the player steps away from the game for a while and forgets what they were doing last time. For that reason, I decided to get rid of the journal system; a couple of lines of dialogue from Jett can serve as a refresher for what you were up to, so there’s no point in me spending all the time and effort necessary to flesh out the journal.

Sometimes, Irene will be friendly when helping you…

Spoiler

…and other times, in true Irene fashion, she’ll insult Jett for needing her help - particularly when the player isn't actually in the middle of a puzzle.

Spoiler

As for my other progress, I also finished that CG I mentioned last time, and I’m working on the final couple of puzzles. Both are planned out at this point and one of them is partway through eventing. There’s an unexpected twist to one of them that I hope players will enjoy! It makes use of the character-switching system in a different way. Once those are done, I’ll have one more sprite to make, plus the epilogues for both the normal and secret endings.

This game has taken me far longer than I had hoped to finish it, but the end is within sight. As always, I appreciate everyone's patience and support!

Edited by Whiona, 03 November 2016 - 10:59 AM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#59 Kyrymash

Kyrymash

Lucina

• Ace Member
  • 1,339 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Nice to see this game is still being worked on. I will record another LP of this (remember my last one had no sound  and crashed and I've been busy with my game).

Edited by Kirimash ♪, 03 November 2016 - 12:59 PM.

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#60 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,230 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

The last screenshot killed me HAHA. Gotta love ireneeee~ I need to play this game!! As soon as break comes around this is on the top of my list Whiona ;) I'm sure I'll love itttt.

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rmvx ace, the showroom, opal starlight, sci-fi, romance, comedy, adventure, four eyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users