#61 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

Thank you both for your support!! I look forward to hearing what you think! :)

Website ☆ Twitter ☆ Tumblr itch.io

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#62 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,230 posts
  • Location|| Neverland ||

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:00 PM

Whiona!! I got around to playing the demo, and I'm sooo glad I did!!! *w* Definitely one of the best demos I've EVER played. The characters interactions are all super interesting and full of flavour--each character has such a distinct personality! Toa is so cute, haha. Jett x Toa is OTP goals. I love it when Irene calls, too. She's the best XD 

Puzzle games are my favorite games since I kind of suck at battling, so this was perfect for me! Nothing was too hard, but it wasn't too easy, either. Even the first puzzle already got my brain working! You're such a natural at developing and balancing these sorts of things. ^w^ The switching system is also perfect. I always wanted to make a game like that, and seeing such a great example of it makes me scream. hahaa ^u^

I can't wait for the full! The art is super cute, the characters are absolutely wonderful, the plot begins to thicken, the gameplay is just the right level, and the musssssicccc I love the Nightingale song XD 

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

79zjX9d.png  RMBIdpX.pngiaODIXz.png bdPIu2t.png

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#63 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• Ace Member
  • 388 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:06 AM

Hi, Whiona! I finally got around to checking out your demo. I have to say, I really, really loved it :) It was tons of fun, although the puzzles were a bit frustrating at first XD Here's a list of my pros and cons:

PROS

- Stunning artwork

- Interesting storyline

- Unique characters with their own distinct personalities

- Great soundtrack

- Unique and interesting puzzles (That first one really had me stumped! It took me ages to figure it out!)

- Entertaining dialogue 

- Beautiful choice of tilesets

- Beautiful mapping

CONS

- I really only had one con, and it's that some of the puzzles seemed too easy. I'd elaborate, but I don't want to risk spoiling something for people who haven't played it :( You can shoot me a PM if you'd like more details, though :) 

OVERALL

- The game was great. I loved nearly everything about it, and I can tell you put a lot of hard work into it. Let me just say, it definitely paid off :) I look forward to the full version! Keep up the good work :)

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

#64 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

8qn4QgQ.png

Hi everybody!! This project is still alive and the full version will release this Valentine's Day! Sorry it took me so much longer than expected, and thanks for your patience.

And now for my uber-delayed replies...SORRY GUYS...

Tsarmina: Yay, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the demo! <3 It's really flattering to hear that it's one of the best you've played - thank you so much! I'm especially glad that the characters grabbed your interest, since they were the focus for me as I worked on this. Haha, Irene's calls were a little polarizing...most people liked her, but there were a couple of LPers who didn't LOL. She has an expanded role in the full version, though. :) I love the Nightingale music, too!! It's by Joel Steudler, so all credit goes to him.

Raymi: Thank you so much for all of the feedback, Raymi, and I'm so glad you liked the game!! I've never had my artwork described as "stunning" before, so that feels really great. ;v; I definitely flubbed up by having the first puzzle be the hardest one in the demo, whoops...designing puzzles turned out to be way harder than I expected. I'll be sure to shoot you a PM for more specific puzzle feedback. Hopefully I can apply some of your thoughts in the time I have left before the full version comes out! (Now I'm really kicking myself for leaving the forums for so long.)

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#65 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Four Eyes full version now available on itch.io!

game_2017-02-14_00-23-07.png?w=620

Well...it's here. I'm an absolute bundle of nerves right now, but the game is done and out there.

To everyone who cheered me on as I (slowly) completed my first-ever full release, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Making games has been a longtime dream of mine, and it means so much to me that people are supporting me now that I'm putting my work out there.

I sincerely hope you all enjoy the full version! Please let me know what you think. I hope this is only the first of many full games to come for Opal Starlight. I might make a longer post with more thoughts about it later, but for now I just want to go calm down, haha.

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! Have a wonderful day with the people you care about. ❤

Edited by Whiona, 14 February 2017 - 12:55 PM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#66 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Congrats on a full release, Whiona!!!! >w<  This is really something that deserves praise, especially for such a beautiful and well-rounded game!! \o/ 

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

♥ Resource Laboratory ♥ Sugar Sweet kaocoeur87.gif     ♥ Commissions ♥ A Woman in Venice 

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#67 lonequeso

lonequeso

One cheese to rule them all!

• Ace Member
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

*sigh* I'm going to have to find time to play this now...   :lol:

#68 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Congrats on a full release, Whiona!!!! >w<  This is really something that deserves praise, especially for such a beautiful and well-rounded game!! \o/ 

Thank you so much, Tsarmina!! You're too sweet. <3 I can't wait to see releases from you in the future!

*sigh* I'm going to have to find time to play this now...   :lol:

Hahaha, only if you want to! Either way, I appreciate you lending your support. :)

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#69 Tsarmina

Tsarmina

Resident Redhead ♥

• Global Moderators
  • 6,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Thank you so much, Tsarmina!! You're too sweet. <3 I can't wait to see releases from you in the future!

Ha...haha....;w; Don't expect one anytime soon! XD

Current Game:

HIphr1M.pngPU44jON.png

^how i'm feeling

♥iSupport:

Spoiler

#70 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

Ha...haha....;w; Don't expect one anytime soon! XD

Haha, don't worry, I completely understand. Games are REALLY hard work!! Four Eyes is only two and a half hours on average and it took me half a year. But whenever you do finish one, or even put a demo out, I'll be first in line to download it, believe me. <3

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#71 PowerBurger

PowerBurger

I'd like fries with that!

• Ace Member
  • 94 posts
  • LocationA theater near you!
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 15 February 2017 - 01:25 AM

Is that the full version of Four Eyes I see?!

Someone might be downloading it this weekend.

That someone may or may not be PowerBurger. 

It's probably him. Might be me, you never know.

im so excited!!!

Link to the topic of a game TheMisterLuigi and I are working on:
kPGcp8G.png

Also the download for Demo v1.0 of the game!
http://db.tt/eZNIo2MX

Supported Projects:
Spoiler

#72 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Is that the full version of Four Eyes I see?!

Someone might be downloading it this weekend.

That someone may or may not be PowerBurger. 

It's probably him. Might be me, you never know.

im so excited!!!

Yay!!! I sincerely hope you enjoy it!!

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#73 lonequeso

lonequeso

• Ace Member
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Downloading this!  :D

I played the first little level. I really like the way you write dialogue. Your character's have interesting and entertaining personalities, and the text effects really help bring out emotion. That 1st puzzle was clever, too.

I'm looking forward to playing this through  :thumbup3:

I donated some monies, too. I hope a lot more people do. Or just one more, but they donate a million dollars.  ;)

Edited by lonequeso, 15 February 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#74 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:51 PM

Downloading this!  :D

I played the first little level. I really like the way you write dialogue. Your character's have interesting and entertaining personalities, and the text effects really help bring out emotion. That 1st puzzle was clever, too.

I'm looking forward to playing this through  :thumbup3:

I donated some monies, too. I hope a lot more people do. Or just one more, but they donate a million dollars.  ;)

AW WHAT THE HECK, THANK YOU FOR THE DONATION!! :')))) That's so nice of you!!! I didn't have the donation feature set up at first but somebody requested that I turn it on and I'm kind of astounded that kind folks like you are actually using it...

I'm so happy to hear that you're enjoying the game so far! Thanks for your feedback!! Dialogue is my absolute favourite thing to write, so I'm really, really glad that you like it. <3

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#75 lonequeso

lonequeso

• Ace Member
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

I like writing dialogue, too. If there's going to be a lot of talking, you'd better be able to make it interesting.  ^_^

#76 lonequeso

lonequeso

• Ace Member
  • 2,796 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

I played through it. Cute little story and some fun puzzles. I frickin' love Irene.  :D Nic artwork, too. Again though, the dialogue was the best thing about the game for me. Very nice work  :thumbup3:

#77 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

I played through it. Cute little story and some fun puzzles. I frickin' love Irene.  :D Nic artwork, too. Again though, the dialogue was the best thing about the game for me. Very nice work  :thumbup3:

Awesome, I'm really glad you had a fun time with it!! Thank you so much for playing. <3 Haha, Irene is definitely the fan favourite! I polled folks on Twitter about who their favourite was and she won by a landslide. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the dialogue all the way through!!

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

#78 raymi100

raymi100

♥Pikachu♥

• Ace Member
  • 388 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, IL
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

OMG IT'S FINALLY OUT! I'm downloading it right now :D I know I still owe you feedback on your puzzles, but I've been uber busy :( I'll try to get back to you ASAP though! Congrats! <3

Edit: This game has my full support! I'd donate some moneys, but unfortunately I'm just a broke teenager ;-; So, how does fanart sound instead?! I was thinking of making a Four Eyes inspired windowskin :D 

Edited by raymi100, 21 February 2017 - 05:55 PM.

Hi! I'm Raymi! :)

#RIPBuddy

12/10/07 - 9/25/16

RPG Quiz Results:

Spoiler

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Resources/People I support:

Spoiler

qROLgzi.png

Come visit my windowskins thread in the Resource Showcase!

Also, come check out my windowskin shop :)

#79 Knighterius

Knighterius

Possessed Apple

• Ace Member
  • 891 posts
  • LocationUnderneathe an Apple Tree
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

WHIONA! Oh my! I'm so proud of you. This looks deliciously fantastical with a slice of whatever mixture that makes you the darling devver you are. I'm so annoyed I haven't seen this until now. I'll have to definitely try this out. It looks really, really good. ^~^

'

"Come, Come, Dance with me under the moonlight, my sweet...dance until our feet bleed..."-The Enigma 

sWeCKF9.png14xl08o.png

I support the following brilliant people:

Spoiler

And the list goes on: 

Spoiler

Alons-y!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Signature%20IC%20Support.gif

#80 Whiona

Whiona

☆ Opal Starlight ☆

• Ace Member
  • 268 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

Before I get to my replies, I have a couple of announcements to make!

First of all, version 1.0.1 is now up for download on itch.io! Here are the changes:

• An error where Toa’s name was displayed instead of Jett’s was fixed
  • The text sound effect volume was lowered slightly
  • A confusing line of dialogue was clarified

Surprisingly, that's it. Either my lovely playtesters were incredibly thorough, or I just really sucked at discovering bugs by myself before I sent out the demo. Probably a mixture of both.

Second of all, a full walkthrough of the game is now available! This includes instructions on how to get the secret ending. I hope this is helpful to anyone who finds themselves stuck!

OMG IT'S FINALLY OUT! I'm downloading it right now :D I know I still owe you feedback on your puzzles, but I've been uber busy :( I'll try to get back to you ASAP though! Congrats! <3

Edit: This game has my full support! I'd donate some moneys, but unfortunately I'm just a broke teenager ;-; So, how does fanart sound instead?! I was thinking of making a Four Eyes inspired windowskin :D

Yay, thank you for downloading and for showing your support! It's totally okay - anytime you'd like to give feedback, I'd love to hear it. I'll tuck away any wisdom you'd like to impart for my next attempt at puzzles! <3

That is more than okay!! I LOVE receiving fanart! The game is 100% free and I'd never expect anyone to send me money for it. I only turned on the itch.io pay-what-you-want feature because someone requested a way to send me tips. It's a completely optional thing, and fan works are just as wonderful. :)

WHIONA! Oh my! I'm so proud of you. This looks deliciously fantastical with a slice of whatever mixture that makes you the darling devver you are. I'm so annoyed I haven't seen this until now. I'll have to definitely try this out. It looks really, really good. ^~^
'

This is so incredibly sweet!! Oh my gosh. Thank you for commenting, Knighterius, and I hope you enjoy yourself!

Edited by Whiona, 22 February 2017 - 12:48 AM.

Current project:
ctjPcGv.png

Completed project:
GaS6AFm.png

Projects I support:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rmvx ace, the showroom, opal starlight, sci-fi, romance, comedy, adventure, four eyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users