Photo

Interest Check: Indie by Night Competition

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Indie by Night Competition Poll

Would you want this competition?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 DrassRay-Jacob

DrassRay-Jacob

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 96 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'd have to say, any challenge shorter than a week is not enough time for the average person. Especially for someone like me, who has 2 kids and a full time job. You'd be hard-pressed to find enough people able to participate in a competition like that and make anything satisfactory. 

#22 RoooodWorks

RoooodWorks

Commander Chibae of the Citadel

• Ace Member
  • 173 posts
  • LocationHellllll

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:14 PM

24 - 48hrs is not long enough, too little time, plus we all live in different time zones, British person wakes up is when murrican goes bed etc. 

like jacob and most others said even a week is too short.

PS: We all know you copied Jackus, do not deny it we all know the truth.

Edited by RoooodWorks, 01 September 2016 - 04:14 PM.

ZEZo2sN.png

#23 Shiggy

Shiggy

Game design lover,Scripting addict and Polishing procrastinator.

• Ace Member
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

Don't be afraid by time,Nirwanda and us won Duo Dev Challenge with a 24h game.

Another possibility would be to make a contest where everyone uses the same maps and assets . You would choose assets and make maps to fit a theme and when you publish them ,people have 24 or 48 h to make a game with only those

Edited by Shiggy, 01 September 2016 - 05:17 PM.

Currently working on:   Learning about Javascript and MV / Making a plugin for Rezanta
What I would like to do: (if I find time and/or motivation) 

Spoiler

Previous works:
Spoiler

Games I support:
Spoiler

If I helped you and you want to help me , I accept donations
will-code-for-food.png<=== contact me for commissions

#24 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:44 PM

I'll probably post the topic a week prior (on the 3rd), and let everyone sign up, then when sign-ups close, there will be 4 days allotted to pre-production, then game-making starts. Does this sound about right?

Pre-production is fine, but 4 days is a bit excessive; it's longer than the event itself. IMO I would give it a day. I too would like to know what pre-production exactly means.

Pre-production is basically planning, with maybe a little asset creation. Plan story and other details.

Don't be afraid by time,Nirwanda and us won Duo Dev Challenge with a 24h game.
Another possibility would be to make a contest where everyone uses the same maps and assets . You would choose assets and make maps to fit a theme and when you publish them ,people have 24 or 48 h to make a game with only those

So maybe like "Nothing other than basic RTP assets"?

I'd have to say, any challenge shorter than a week is not enough time for the average person. Especially for someone like me, who has 2 kids and a full time job. You'd be hard-pressed to find enough people able to participate in a competition like that and make anything satisfactory.

24 - 48hrs is not long enough, too little time, plus we all live in different time zones, British person wakes up is when murrican goes bed etc.
like jacob and most others said even a week is too short.

PS: We all know you copied Jackus, do not deny it we all know the truth.

I've extended the time frame by 24 hours, making it 72 hours (3 Days). The actual game-making will also be scheduled to fall on a weekend (Fri-Sun), when more people can actually make their games. I'll be accounting for time-zones too, when submission time comes around. No one will be arbitrarily locked out because they live in the UK (+5-8 hours from us here in the states). Pre-production will probably be 24 hours, with an extended sign-up period.

Edited by Jackus ♪, 03 September 2016 - 02:59 AM.
Merged posts

#25 KilerDiLeo ☮

KilerDiLeo ☮

Advanced NPC

• Ace Member
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationPortugal Language: Portuguese =======[Skills]======= >Writing: ★★★★☆ >Mapping: ★★☆☆☆ >Spriting: ★☆☆☆☆ >Scripting: ☆☆☆☆☆ ======[RPG Maker]====== Experience: 10 Months Primarily Uses: RMVXAce
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:50 AM

I wouldn't be able to enter the contest. 12 PM is when I go to sleep. I can't stay up all night making a game.

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

My main game (Click the 1st picture above to visit the game's page on GameJolt). If you want, you can help me with my game. Anyone can. I recommend stopping by GameJolt. Visit the website for more info. : http://crystals-of-e...nts.weebly.com/ Or the Discord server: https://discord.gg/74azNT6

If you want to support my other game, that it's here on RPG Maker Central Forums, here's the banner:

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

[Click this banner to check my resources]

All the games I support so far:

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#26 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:09 AM

I wouldn't be able to enter the contest. 12 PM is when I go to sleep. I can't stay up all night making a game.

You would have three days.

Edited by Nyuuchan353, 02 September 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#27 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:47 AM

Alright guys! Poll is over!

Scheduled date for the contest is: October 10th

If you have prize donations (Steam codes, commissions, etc.), please send me a PM.

If you wanna judge, there will be 5 open slots for judges, just send a PM, and you'll be put on the list. Given the low number, no guarantees at being selected, unless there are 5 entries or less, lol.

If you have any feedback, please let me know here! This topic will be locked a week or two prior to the contest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users