Seriel

Indie in a Week 5!

[POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results]   20 members have voted

1. 1. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will win the top spot?

• Nirwanda | Pathway - Desire
    • Chadzter01 | Dreams Beneath
  2. 2. [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will claim the prize for 5th place?

• RoooodWorks | Story of Chibs
    • Zielach | The Great Journey of the Brave Miner The Cave of the Unholy Treasure of the Undead King
    • Tsarmina | Soluna

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

322 posts in this topic

Writing and brainstorming is allowed even before the contest, just don't create the project file yet to prevent a certain incident in the first Indie in a Week from happening again.

As the OP puts it, "We can't preventstop you from thinking!" XD

Edited by Naoto Akashosu
Nyuuchan353 and Seriel like this

So, I am usually the guy who asks the most obscure, niche kind of clarification on rules, but I have to know: If I start writing ideas down for the game, does that qualify as working on it? I have a few ideas I don't want to be lost in the Maelstrom, but if thats a violation, I am sure more will churn up.

Brainstorming is generally allowed, but generally resource creation isn't allowed until contest start.

Ex. I had an idea floating around since before the contest, and I plan on acting on it for IIAW5.

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Seriel and Jeanne d'Ys like this

Eh, you guys are answering the questions before I can.

Thanks  :thumbup3:

In general if I like your post, that means you are right. But i'll also quote for the sake of clarification.

Writing and brainstorming is allowed even before the contest, just don't create the project file yet to prevent a certain incident in the first Indie in a Week from happening again.

As the OP puts it, "We can't preventstop you from thinking!" XD

Correct.

So, I am usually the guy who asks the most obscure, niche kind of clarification on rules, but I have to know: If I start writing ideas down for the game, does that qualify as working on it? I have a few ideas I don't want to be lost in the Maelstrom, but if thats a violation, I am sure more will churn up.

Brainstorming is generally allowed, but generally resource creation isn't allowed until contest start.

Yep.

Jeanne d'Ys and Nyuuchan353 like this

Here's a handy counter, like Riki did for a previous IIAW (I think it was Riki...)

bla_1473616800.png

(Admittedly, it is not self updating unless page is refreshed...lol.)

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Jeanne d'Ys and Rikifive like this

Here's a handy counter, like Riki did for a previous IIAW (I think it was Riki...)

bla_1473616800.png

Then, what the hell?

bla_1473616800.png

I really wish there was a real counter...

bla_1473616800.png

Then, what the hell?

bla_1473616800.png

I really wish there was a real counter...

Take whatcha get, unless you know a lot more about BBCode and embedding than I do, lol. It works to give you a general idea.

Jackus, think you can edit it into the OP?

To be honest, at first glance I didn't realize the timer was for "Until the Start of Contest"; I almost hyperventilate seeing it's less than six days left... XD

And a second later, "Oh, it's just a pre-contest timer."

Edited by Naoto Akashosu
Kirimash and Nyuuchan353 like this

To be honest, at first glance I didn't realize the timer was for "Until the Start of Contest"; I almost hyperventilate seeing it's less than six days left... XD

And a second later, "Oh, it's just a pre-contest timer.

It's ambiguous w/o context, I guess. My bad.

And a second later, "Oh, it's just a pre-contest timer.

It's ambiguous w/o context, I guess. My bad.

It's ok... XD

I was just forgot about the date on the OP.

Nyuuchan353 likes this

Take whatcha get, unless you know a lot more about BBCode and embedding than I do, lol. It works to give you a general idea.

From what I know, BBCode can't handle such a thing. Using html etc. would work though.

Would just like to take a moment to mention that there are now 20 contestants for IIAW5.

This beats the high score of 18 with IIAW4, making this the biggest Indie in a Week so far.

Keep em coming guys, this is gonna be good!  :thumbup3:

/\

I was just wondering about how many people had signed up. Lets hope there is a >75% submission rate!

I'm sure it's gonna be 100% now that we get to choose the theme.  B)  And I know just what do. You can't write the story and dialogues now, right? :(:ph34r:

Edited by Kirimash

You can't write the story and dialogues now, right?  :(  :ph34r:

You can, just nothing implemented yet until event starts. 

I haven't started the project yet. I'm writing on Word.