Photo

Indie in a Week 5!

contest idk literally cba with tags

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
321 replies to this topic

Poll: [POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] (20 member(s) have cast votes)

[POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will win the top spot?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

[POLL CLOSED. See the latest posts for the actual results] Who will claim the prize for 5th place?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:16 AM

Wonder how many will finish this time? Wasn't the record 13 entries?

Indie in a Week 4 surpassed it.

I meant submitted entries. IIAW4 was 17 entered, 13 submitted (1 DQ).

#42 philteredkhaos

philteredkhaos

Producing Things and Stuff

• 341 posts
  • LocationMontucky

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

Wait... I cant use resources that dont allow for commercial use?
If i have a sprite that is ok for noncommercial, but for commercial use, then I can not use it?
If i have a sprite that is ok for noncommercial, but for commercial use, then I can not use it?

My Projects:                                                                                                             Lights_Out_Banner.png "Hey! I'm ignoring you! How about that! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)" -RikiFive

Spoiler

I Support: 

Spoiler

#43 Lady Kyramash♥

Lady Kyramash♥

Marlene <3

• 1347 posts
  • LocationPorto, Portugal
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

It's actually the opposite. You can't use resources that are for non-commercial projects only.

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

My main game (Click the 1st picture above to visit the game's page on GameJolt). If you want, you can help me with my game. Anyone can. I recommend stopping by GameJolt. Visit the website for more info. : http://crystals-of-e...nts.weebly.com/ Or the Discord server: https://discord.gg/74azNT6

If you want to support my other game, that it's here on RPG Maker Central Forums, here's the banner:

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

[Click this banner to check my resources]

All the games I support so far:

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#44 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:25 AM

@_@ quit confusing everyone, Kirimash. Please.

Any assets you have the rights to are valid for use in the competition. If they are made by you, or are public resources, you can use them. You cannot commission resources to be made for the contest, as that would mean someone else working on the project with you.

#45 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales, UK
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:43 AM

It's actually the opposite. You can't use resources that are for non-commercial projects only.

What.

@_@ quit confusing everyone, Kirimash. Please.

Any assets you have the rights to are valid for use in the competition. If they are made by you, or are public resources, you can use them. You cannot commission resources to be made for the contest, as that would mean someone else working on the project with you.

That^

Discord Server | Steam: Seriel | Email: [email]seriel@fl0.co | 3DS: 0791-5706-8673
381881-transsig.png

#46 Jeanne d'Ys

Jeanne d'Ys

恋人

• 259 posts
  • LocationCafé Rondo, consuming Hagen Dust =======[ Skills ]======= Designing ★★★★☆ Scripting ★☆☆☆☆ Procrastination ★★★★☆ Trigger-Happy ★★★★★ SAN Points left - 40/100 Nature - Quirky Good Difficulty Aim - ATLUS Lite =====[ RPG Maker ]===== Experience - 5 Years Primarily Uses - RMMV
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

For clarity, correct me if I'm wrong:

As long as the original creator stated that it's fine for commercial or noncommercial purposes, it can be used.

If it needs permission from the creators to be used for commercial purposes, then you'll need to ask for it.

If it can't be used for commercial project, then you can't use it.

Regarding commissions, I thought the main page says it can be used but not recommended? (And if the creator knows it's the contest season, they'll probably not gonna finish it now for obvious reason XD /slapped)

1zqwu4w.jpg

When you stare up to the heaven, the heaven stares back at you.

Second Floor, First Impression:

Spoiler

My RPG Class, Subclass, D&D Class and Alignment:

Game Progress:

Instances of Clarity (MV): (Dormant)

Strafe of Spirits: (Dormant)

Terminus Saga: (Dormant)

A "Dedicated to..." Project: Rebuilding...

#47 Lady Kyramash♥

Lady Kyramash♥

Marlene <3

• 1347 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

Ok, now I'm confused. That's what everyone told me last time.

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

My main game (Click the 1st picture above to visit the game's page on GameJolt). If you want, you can help me with my game. Anyone can. I recommend stopping by GameJolt. Visit the website for more info. : http://crystals-of-e...nts.weebly.com/ Or the Discord server: https://discord.gg/74azNT6

If you want to support my other game, that it's here on RPG Maker Central Forums, here's the banner:

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#48 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1308 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

For clarity, correct me if I'm wrong:

As long as the original creator stated that it's fine for commercial or noncommercial purposes, it can be used.

If it needs permission from the creators to be used for commercial purposes, then you'll need to ask for it.

If it can't be used for commercial project, then you can't use it.

Correct.

For the last one, you may ask the creator if they are okay with the resources being used in the contest. Some artists consider a contest to be commercial, and some don't.

Regarding commissions, I thought the main page says it can be used but not recommended? (And if the creator knows it's the contest season, they'll probably not gonna finish it now for obvious reason XD /slapped)

It's not recommended because you shouldn't waste your hard-earned moneyz on a contest that lasts a week. Plus commissions take a while.

Discord Server | Steam: Seriel | Email: [email]seriel@fl0.co | 3DS: 0791-5706-8673
381881-transsig.png

#49 Jeanne d'Ys

Jeanne d'Ys

恋人

• 259 posts
  • LocationCafé Rondo, consuming Hagen Dust =======[ Skills ]======= Designing ★★★★☆ Scripting ★☆☆☆☆ Procrastination ★★★★☆ Trigger-Happy ★★★★★ SAN Points left - 40/100 Nature - Quirky Good Difficulty Aim - ATLUS Lite =====[ RPG Maker ]===== Experience - 5 Years Primarily Uses - RMMV
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

Correct.

For the last one, you may ask the creator if they are okay with the resources being used in the contest. Some artists consider a contest to be commercial, and some don't.

It's not recommended because you shouldn't waste your hard-earned moneyz on a contest that lasts a week. Plus commissions take a while.

Thanks for the clarification!

Agreed. My friend is an artist in dA, and as far as I know, she needs to take a few days to finish a drawing, which isn't worth it for a pretty short contest like this, especially if the customer ordered more than one stuff.

1zqwu4w.jpg

Spoiler

Game Progress:

#50 philteredkhaos

philteredkhaos

• 341 posts
  • LocationMontucky

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

So, I am usually the guy who asks the most obscure, niche kind of clarification on rules, but I have to know: If I start writing ideas down for the game, does that qualify as working on it? I have a few ideas I don't want to be lost in the Maelstrom, but if thats a violation, I am sure more will churn up.

My Projects:                                                                                                             Lights_Out_Banner.png "Hey! I'm ignoring you! How about that! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)" -RikiFive

Spoiler

I Support: 

Spoiler

#51 Jeanne d'Ys

Jeanne d'Ys

恋人

• 259 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

Writing and brainstorming is allowed even before the contest, just don't create the project file yet to prevent a certain incident in the first Indie in a Week from happening again.

As the OP puts it, "We can't preventstop you from thinking!" XD

Edited by Naoto Akashosu, 05 September 2016 - 11:25 AM.

1zqwu4w.jpg

Spoiler

Game Progress:

#52 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

So, I am usually the guy who asks the most obscure, niche kind of clarification on rules, but I have to know: If I start writing ideas down for the game, does that qualify as working on it? I have a few ideas I don't want to be lost in the Maelstrom, but if thats a violation, I am sure more will churn up.

Brainstorming is generally allowed, but generally resource creation isn't allowed until contest start.

Ex. I had an idea floating around since before the contest, and I plan on acting on it for IIAW5.

Edited by Nyuuchan353, 05 September 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#53 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1308 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

Eh, you guys are answering the questions before I can.

Thanks  :thumbup3:

In general if I like your post, that means you are right. But i'll also quote for the sake of clarification.

Writing and brainstorming is allowed even before the contest, just don't create the project file yet to prevent a certain incident in the first Indie in a Week from happening again.

As the OP puts it, "We can't preventstop you from thinking!" XD

Correct.

Brainstorming is generally allowed, but generally resource creation isn't allowed until contest start.

Yep.

381881-transsig.png

#54 philteredkhaos

philteredkhaos

• 341 posts
  • LocationMontucky

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Thanks all! Good luck!

Spoiler

I Support: 

Spoiler

#55 Tarq

Tarq

Class: Old Man

• Global Moderators
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:51 PM

Boo, I'm moving homes during contest time.

If you need a judge I can probly manage that again.

Here's an online 'folio of all my gaming projects: http://doubleplusgoo...blogspot.co.uk/

The best place to get the latest news, builds, etc.

#56 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:55 PM

Here's a handy counter, like Riki did for a previous IIAW (I think it was Riki...)

bla_1473616800.png

(Admittedly, it is not self updating unless page is refreshed...lol.)

Edited by Nyuuchan353, 05 September 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#57 Lady Kyramash♥

Lady Kyramash♥

Marlene <3

• 1347 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Here's a handy counter, like Riki did for a previous IIAW (I think it was Riki...)

bla_1473616800.png

Then, what the hell?

bla_1473616800.png

I really wish there was a real counter...

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#58 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

bla_1473616800.png

Then, what the hell?

bla_1473616800.png

I really wish there was a real counter...

Take whatcha get, unless you know a lot more about BBCode and embedding than I do, lol. It works to give you a general idea.

Jackus, think you can edit it into the OP?

#59 Lady Kyramash♥

Lady Kyramash♥

Marlene <3

• 1347 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:02 PM

Wow, I quoted twice? The "What the hell" part shouldn't be there...

2rxk2fd.jpg

In Development

282izyr.png

Spoiler

14t2b1z.png

Spoiler

Random stuff:
Spoiler

#60 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1308 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:09 PM

Jackus, think you can edit it into the OP?

Done.

381881-transsig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contest, idk, literally cba with tags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users