• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shadoan

Shadoan

• Ace Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:20 PM

A Guard Named Tone

'A Guard Named Tone' is just the project name for the concept of what I want this RPG to encompass.

This is basically a resurrection to the old Paper Mario video game and it's RPG elements with different changes and different twists.

You play as a short guard, guarding the princess to the castle your garrisoned at until she's kidnapped. While the rest of the guard

cower in fear and await the 'hero' of their kingdom to do something about it, the player would spring into action and become something

more than the rest of his/her colleagues. The world the game takes place in is inspired by Super Mario or something out of Paper Mario;

but still exist as it's own thing. Such as The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Ittle Dew as an example.

How does fighting work?

This is basically a call back to the old Paper Mario with some additional elements. A few examples I guess would be an update to how badges work.

Instead of using BP to equip badges, players could have their heroes learn from their badges to a point where the skill from that badge absorbs

into the character and they can perform the action without it and apply a new badge in place or keep the current one on to improve or strengthen that skill.

The Characters designed and the players interactions with them would affect gameplay as well. The more you get to know your party from where they live

to their passions or misfortunes, the more effective they will be in fights and the more skills they'll be able to learn.

Interact with the world and combat by combining different skills based on the party with you.

Characters

A few to name; but not going on without some more development

Tone

The Main Sidekick Hero

You'll be exploring the world with this little guy.

Full of courage and spirit yet very lacking in the common sense department.

A knuckle head if you will. He's off to save his princess who is in another

castle, being the castle that is not his while helping others out along his

personal quest.

King V.C. Rouge

The thief who calls himself king

A very large character without much of a memory other than the ability to rob

those he deemed unfit to own a vast amount of wealth to either give to himself

or give to those he has pity for. It seems the only reason he would choose to

join your quest is to either rob the treasury when the quest ends or to claim

back 'something he lost.'

Gannos

The Puppet Man with a Rocket Arm

A clockwork character on a personal quest to reclaim his own free will or search

for what he thinks is free will to start with. Though his origins remain private to

himself, he's got the gumption to find what he's searching for, even if it means

to travel with a weak guard from a certain kingdom.

More to come...

What am I looking for?

A bit of everything actually.

Though I'm not sure how to go about this; whether to program this into Game Maker or RPG Maker MV.

I still need help in about everything.

Artist's

Willing to either sprite or help with concept art of the world the game will be based in.

Composers

Some catchy music.

Programmers[To Be Annouced]

Until I decide where to take this and what direction to take it in, in terms of engine, whether to go RPG maker or something else.

Like Game Maker

or 001 Game Creator

or Game Guru

or NeoAxis

Writers

-Nyuuchan353

To help flesh out the story further, help create new characters and how this world works. Do the townspeople idolize the Hero, do they not pay attention to current events, do they use rock, coins or badges as currency? Etc.

I'm going to attempt to draw the characters and update this recruitment post as it comes along.

Compensation:

If they game gains some support and reaches an early stage such as concept art being complete or a simple battle engine that can be manipulated, I'll get a kick starter running or Patreon put up. Those working with me on the project will be compensated between both of these from donations and whatever is given at the end of the kick starter campaign.

Edited by Shadoan, 18 September 2016 - 02:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mario, toad, rpg, sidekick, paper mario, toan, guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users