Nyuuchan353

Indie by Night

122 posts in this topic

Indie by Night

Rules:

• Please submit your game before the specified time-frame. If you have questions, please ask ahead of time. Deadlines for submissions are at 11:59PM for your local time!

• Please keep links valid until judging is over. If a link is invalid come judging time, this will get your entry disqualified.

• Games that have problems loading (due to missing assets, etc) will be disqualified. Game bugs, if minor, will be allowed.

• You are the only one allowed to work on your game. You may have people playtest, but nothing more.

• You   can   use resources made by others/public resources.

• No assets are to be made prior to contest start.

• No copyrighted material without the express permissions of the copyright owner. If you have an email or other proof, please submit it in advance of submitting your game, or include the permissions in your submission post.

• If you wish to be a judge, send me a PM. There will be 5 judges, myself included. Judging is to be semi-anonymous. You may reveal if you are judging, but it is discouraged.

• You may stream games if you play them, judge or not. If you are not okay with your game being streamed, please note in your submission post.

• FAQ:

• Q: Why is sumission time local to everyone?

• A: Finishing times are 3 days after start, but submission times are local to each member, so it gives plenty of time for people to submit (and not be left out).

• Q: Can I use/edit premade assets that I made?

• A: If you have premade stuff you'd like to use/edit, that's fine, just don't edit them prior to the contest.

Schedule:

• Sign-ups: From when this is posted [9/28/2016] until [10/13/2016: 11:59 PM GMT]

Converting 11:59PM 10/13/2016 GMT to:

• PST: 3:59PM 10/13/2016

• CMT: 4:59PM 10/13/2016

• CST: 5:59PM 10/13/2016

• EST: 6:59PM 10/13/2016

• Game-Making: From [10/14/2016: 12:01AM GMT] until [10/16/2016: 11:59PM GMT]

• Submissions: [10/17/16 11:59PM Local Time * ]

* This is 11:59PM for any time zone. If you are PST, your deadline for submission is 11:59PM on 10/16/2016. Same with CMT, CST, EST, and GMT.

Converting 12:01AM 10/14/2016 GMT to:

• PST: 4:01PM 10/13/2016

• CMT: 5:01PM 10/13/2016

• CST: 6:01PM 10/13/2016

• EST: 7:01PM 10/13/2016

Any game made before the above times will be disqualified. Pre-production is for planning only!

• Judging Period: [10/18/2016: 12:00AM GMT] until [10/28/2016: 11:59PM Local Time]

• Results Post: TBD

Judging criteria:

• Presentation

• How the game is presented. Maps are as neat as possible, etc.

• Possible max score for this category: 10

• Engagement

• How the game feels to play. Story (if present) engages the player to play more, etc.

• Theme

• How well the game adheres to the theme of the contest.

• Theme for the current Indie by Night: [Bump in the Night / Thriller]

• Bonus

• Since this is a shorter time-frame competition, bonus points can be awarded by the judges for any game that uses the theme in an interesting/unique way. Judges do not have to use this category if they do not want to.

• Possible max score for this category: 5

• Scale

• Due to the time-frame of this contest, the scope and scale should NOT be a priority. We're looking for a game that can be made within 72 hours. Judges can and should stop playing after completing up to half an hour of game-play.

Prize Pool (Donations Welcome!):

Dragon: A game about a Dragon (Steam Gift)

Road to Ballhalla (Steam Key)

Runestone Keeper (Steam Key)

Devil Daggers (Steam Key)

Elegy for a Dead World (Steam Key)

Contestants:

----------------

Shiggy

Loriesquare

Seriel

Tarq

AllFenom

Nirwanda
Jon
ebonknight
Retnuh
Marsigne
Exhydra

RavenBlueIndigo

Gurisha

Tsarmina

ShinNessTen

Rikifive

DrassRay

Robbie Martini

Argent_Prinny

Edited by Nyuuchan353

Mmm. I don't think I have anything on that weekend so I will tentatively sign up.

This whole local time thing is confusing me. So we all start at the exact same time (hence the conversion?) but then we all finish at different times? 

If I'm understanding that right then isn't that just, y'know, unfair?

Nyuuchan353 likes this

Mmm. I don't think I have anything on that weekend so I will tentatively sign up.

This whole local time thing is confusing me. So we all start at the exact same time (hence the conversion?) but then we all finish at different times? 

If I'm understanding that right then isn't that just, y'know, unfair?

Finishing times are 3 days after start, but submission times are local to each member, so it gives plenty of time for people to submit (and not be left out).

OP has been edited to reflect this, and hopefully clarify any confusion.

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Loriesquare and Tarq like this

5 Nights at Indie's?

jk

I'm not sure if I'll participate ~ I'll see if I'll have some time/ideas and perhaps sign up later.

Alright. If you decide to participate, shoot me a PM and post on here. I'll add you to the stack.

Awww, right when I need to go out with my family...

I certainly hope there will be a second one, because I'll make sure I join that time XD

Until then, I'll be waaaatching youuuu! *vanishes*

Nyuuchan353 likes this