• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Nyuuchan353

Indie by Night

122 posts in this topic

Changed display name from Exhydra to Ossra. Not sure if that needs to be updated on the main post, or suchnot.

Name is the one you signed up under, as per IIAW.

I wanna sign up! :o My IIAW was made in a weekend, so this seems about the same...XD I don't really play games though, is there a way we can add badges as a prize or something?

Nyuuchan353 likes this

I wanna sign up! :o My IIAW was made in a weekend, so this seems about the same...XD I don't really play games though, is there a way we can add badges as a prize or something?

Only if someone is willing to make said badges, lol.

Loriesquare likes this

Only if someone is willing to make said badges, lol.

I hereby humbly submit this design:

Indie_By_Night.png   Indie_By_Night_no_neon.png

I just don't know what size it is supposed to be. LMK. (Actually going to make some minor edits in the next day. Add an owl and shorten a branch.)

Edited by philteredkhaos
Nyuuchan353 likes this

The size is something tiny. I think its 24x24.

You'll need to ask kaz to setup the awards in our system. I'm happy to award them afterwards to save her five minutes if that's agreeable with everyone.

The awards are those tiny square icons we have under our names :) So yeah they're really small! I think an owl would be like, one pixel. o_O

Nyuuchan353 likes this

Added.

Attention participants!

The theme for Indie by Night will be revealed tomorrow!

For those still on the fence about joining, you have about 4 more days to sign up! Sign ups close on Thursday (10/13).

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Loriesquare and Marsigne like this

Can we use any engine for this or versions of RM only?

Any engine.

I suggest being careful with this. Other game engines aren't allowed on the site directly, so you may have to have them PM'd to you and distribute the entry manually to anyone wanting to try it.

This was a thing I mentioned in the Indie In A Month topic also.

As for entry, I'm out. I struggle with a weeks deadline. A few days just wouldn't work for me and my schedule.

Goodluck to everyone though :D

There are two Non-RM (Game Maker) games on IIAW5 (Rikifive's and Zielach's).

So far, they've been fine being there. :P

Edited by Loriesquare

Added.

16 entries in the Inaugural "Indie By Night"!

I'll be a bit busy tomorrow, so I'll go ahead and announce the theme for Indie by Night.

/

Get your plans ready, game making starts Friday! If you have any questions about the theme, feel free to ask!

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Loriesquare and Nirwanda like this

oh no nope nope nope nope nopity nope nope i hate horror things i'm out of here @_@ *runs away shrieking*

It could be comedy horror it doesn't have to be serious horror.

I'm gonna join, but I'll really only have Friday to work on it... x_x maybe some time while the kids sleep on the weekend. but I accept the challenge! I'm here to fight the good fight! Sign me up, Nyuuuuu

Added.

DrassRay-Jacob likes this

I'm reading the schedules again and I'm still confused as to how it exactly works. Can you explain it more clearly?

Like... do people start at different times or when it's that time in GMT? What's the submission time, why is it separate from the game-making period? Wouldn't that enable people to make some more edits to their game before they submit? Why not just use one timezone? Wouldn't some other people have shorter/longer submission days since the previous times are GMT and the submission day is local time?

I don't get what the theme is either, but dunno if that falls under having your own interpretation of it though.

also can you get on Discord regularly, like jeez we can't talk to you about these things conveniently :(

unless there's a reason why you're not on Discord all the time

To add to Eien's post (just so I don't have to take any blame personally), if we, for example, decided to use voice acting in our game and weren't exactly feeling up to doing the falsetto for a female voice would it be possible to have a consultant-non-team-member voice a couple lines?

Just asking for a friend.

To add to Eien's post (just so I don't have to take any blame personally), if we, for example, decided to use voice acting in our game and weren't exactly feeling up to doing the falsetto for a female voice would it be possible to have a consultant-non-team-member voice a couple lines?

Just asking for a friend.

I believe any outsourcing for the game itself would be prohibited. It's a single person created game, even if it's a couple lines. I'd say if you want it, get it, but don't use it for the contest. By all means, I'm not the one who has say in that, but IMO, a rule like that can't have "flexibility."

Edited by DrassRay-Jacob
Loriesquare likes this

Hmm, the rules do say resources made by others can be used though which I think a sound file would fall under. We'll just have to wait for the bossman to log on. 

@Eien; Don't worry, I was confused as well. Everyone starts and ends at the same time and that time has been posted in GMT. Where it gets a little weird is the submission time which then changes to local time to make sure no-one misses it due to being asleep or whatever. So, yes, some people will have longer submission periods but they shouldn't be doing anything dev-wise during that period anyways.

And the theme is basically just 'Halloween' - ghosts and ghoulies and whatnot. But, again, I'm sure Nyuu will clarify when he logs on,

Loriesquare likes this