Nyuuchan353

Indie by Night

122 posts in this topic

Robbie will partake! I needed an excuse to work on something and I've had a cool idea about a thriller game for a while now, this would motivate me to start on it and get something done.

Hmm, the rules do say resources made by others can be used though which I think a sound file would fall under. We'll just have to wait for the bossman to log on. 

@Eien; Don't worry, I was confused as well. Everyone starts and ends at the same time and that time has been posted in GMT. Where it gets a little weird is the submission time which then changes to local time to make sure no-one misses it due to being asleep or whatever. So, yes, some people will have longer submission periods but they shouldn't be doing anything dev-wise during that period anyways.

And the theme is basically just 'Halloween' - ghosts and ghoulies and whatnot. But, again, I'm sure Nyuu will clarify when he logs on,

When 'she' logs on. You are correct about the times and theme, Tarq. No one should be doing anything except submitting after the end of the game making period.

Resources by others only applies to PREMADE resources. I do believe I clarified this a few days ago.

Also, sorry about not being on Discord, swapped over to a desktop, whose power supply failed before I could install discord, lol. Back to the laptop now, will be on discord later.

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Loriesquare and Nirwanda like this

Yup, completely wasted all of that time away. XD

At this rate, there will be nothing past the title screen. lmao

oh no nope nope nope nope nopity nope nope i hate horror things i'm out of here @_@ *runs away shrieking*

Well, you can make things in the same atmosphere as like Dracula: Dead and Loving It...

Quick question! Is it against the rules to use the song of time to reset the 3 day cycle?

You would reset your own progress too, but you cannot use it.

Edited by Nyuuchan353

Sorry, had to step out of the house for a bit.

Game making has started as of 37 minutes ago!

I accidentally started and finished a day early, oops! So I'll do a completely different project instead. One that'll take a bit longer.

Living in Aus sure does make timezones confusing! I'll just focus on submitting a build of what I end up making a day earlier than what it's due. Then polish and patch up with what time remains.

Edited by Robbie Martini

I accidentally started and finished a day early, oops! So I'll do a completely different project instead. One that'll take a bit longer.

Living in Aus sure does make timezones confusing! I'll just focus on submitting a build of what I end up making a day earlier than what it's due. Then polish and patch up with what time remains.

If you started a day earlier, then please build one from the ground up. Submitting a 'build' of the current one still counts as having worked on it prior to the contest start time/date.

If you started a day earlier, then please build one from the ground up. Submitting a 'build' of the current one still counts as having worked on it prior to the contest start time/date.

That's exactly what I said I'm gonna do. I quote myself here "I'll do a completely different project instead, one that'll take a bit longer."

I'm doing my own graphics and all for it. Getting the art done today, then tomorrow I'll get the game properly fleshed out, then final day I'll polish and bugfix.

Here's a quick preview of a sprite I made for it.

DNvur6T.gif

Edited by Robbie Martini

I was so busy working on other stuff, that I forgot about that contest. :P

It's not bad, I'll just have more than one day less, so I should better start working on something silly! :3

Nyuuchan353 likes this

Coming into the final day of the contest in about 5 hours! Be sure to wrap up before the end of the contest! This means you have about 28 hours, and 28 minutes left!

It is currently 7:32PM on the 15th, GMT.

Edited by Nyuuchan353
Marsigne likes this

Coming into the final day of the contest in about 5 hours! Be sure to wrap up before the end of the contest! This means you have about 28 hours, and 28 minutes left!

It is currently 7:32PM on the 15th, GMT.

Actually, you posted that at 8:32.

I live in GMT; if you'd like I can give everyone a reminder of how much time they have left tomorrow.

You have daylight savings time, Tarq. Nyuu is using GMT without DST regardless if DST is supposed to be applied.

Edited by Loriesquare
Marsigne and Seriel like this