Indie by Night

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#81 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Uses - Game Maker         RMVXAce                                   GM Skill - Procrastinating
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:15 AM

Ah, right, I get it. These two are counted separately.

So what if my local time hits submission time before the game making period ends? Should I upload the game and then update it for next 2 hours? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

jk

I've made a simple counter, that shows the remaining time of game making period. It is displayed at the top in The Competition Zone area.

http://www.rpgmakerc...indie-by-night/

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#82 gurisha

gurisha

Djent Lord

• Ace Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:35 PM

And I'm done!! Sadly, I couldn't get the music done, but I had a lot of ideas and they seemed much more important at this stage. I'm planning on continuing this idea later, so keep an ear out if you like it.

https://mega.nz/#!pptUwT7a!RhDpXfnBvVAkF77n6F8Nve5j0R1Ow_ScPWSCV5DMCs4

Good luck to everyone else and I can't wait to play some awesome games! :D

#83 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:55 PM

Game making ends in roughly 5 minutes!

Game submissions are due by 11:59PM tomorrow, at your local time.

#84 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Uses - Game Maker         RMVXAce                                   GM Skill - Procrastinating

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:00 PM

done!

An epic (and bugged) adventure of Eric:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

was it in time? XD

LraXqtS.png

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain ReactionGood VS Evil: The Fateful CurseFrozen DreamEric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

#85 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 211 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

I finished MOST of the game, but one minigame just escaped my grasp. Here's what I did. (even without the minigame the game is finishable) I hope you enjoy it :)

http://www.mediafire...mile elixir.exe

#86 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

Contest is OVER!

Please start submitting your finished games!

Edited by Nyuuchan353, 16 October 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#87 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:31 PM

I've played few entries and I came to that conclusion:

Upsies! I forgot about the theme~! D:

Oh well! :D

...But.. but Eric in the sea is enough for a thriller!! x3 What if somebody tried to kill him by putting him there? ^^

LraXqtS.png

#88 RavenBlueIndigo

RavenBlueIndigo

RBI~

• Ace Member
  • 192 posts
  • LocationEastern United States.
  • RM Skill - Musician

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

http://www.mediafire...s3aa7ra/S&T.exe I think I might've missed the deadline. :\. I hope I don't get disqualified. I got a bit confused of sorts reading the scheduling thing with all the different timezones. :\.

Edited by Devil Jack, 16 October 2016 - 10:32 PM.

http://www.rpgmakerc...-musical-roost/

I AM AVAILABLE FOR COMMISSION!

@RavenBIndigo

MY TWITTER!

#89 Retnuh

Retnuh

Creator of Flaming Leaf Games

• Ace Member
  • 485 posts
  • Locationnunya buisness

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

Welp, my computer got water spilled on it, and was drying for the entire contest period. so I missed this one. Oh well....

76561198247666416.png
Spoiler

GENERATION 31: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

#90 Loriesquare

Loriesquare

Lolicon Sovereign

• Ace Member
  • 192 posts
  • LocationProcrastination Nation, at the station =======[ "Skills" ]======= Procras. ★★★★★★★★★★ Everything else       ★☆☆☆☆ =====[ RPG Maker ]===== Primarily Uses                      VXA  Completed Games                    0  ERICs                                                 ~8 
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:53 AM

Kek, I can't submit anything either. I was too slow in making all of those custom graphics XD 

Spoiler

Maybe if it was IIAW's timeframe... :P

Congratulations to everyone who managed to submit, because, damn.

yNfZ6ap.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

FchUEtS.png iz2XawC.png

AxhgpNA.png a7I7uSJ.png

"needs more shading"

~Eien

#91 Boring Old Tarq

Boring Old Tarq

Maverick

• Global Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

That's a solid entry Nirwanda (we made the same minigame, more or less :lol:). Game stuck after I talked to the dwarf guarding the master's room though; some errant autorun I guess. Will you be working on this more?

Posted Image

#92 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 211 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:03 PM

:( I thought I had fully debugged it. It a really strange place to stop though, there are no autoruns there. Hmmm. Could you give me any more details about the bug?

Thanks a lot for the compliment and for playing, Tarq. :) About your question, I kinda want to finish the minigame I didn't complete at least.

#93 Boring Old Tarq

Boring Old Tarq

Maverick

• Global Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Sure. So its the yellow(?) armored dwarf guarding the staircase. I had walked around him and onto the staircase before speaking to him. Then when he was done talking the music was still playing but I couldn't walk anywhere. I didn't try the menu and I can't remember whether I could turn - sorry about that, should've tried more stuff before quitting.

Posted Image

#94 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 211 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:44 PM

No i thnk i know what happened, i forgot to set the stair as non walkable over but I evented his dialogue as if it was :P
Basically, after you spek to him the characters run to the left, a little scared. But since you talked to him from the left, the move route could not proceed and it froze the game. Thanks again, Tarq! :)

Edited by Nirwanda, 17 October 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#95 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Kek, I can't submit anything either. I was too slow in making all of those custom graphics XD 

Spoiler

Maybe if it was IIAW's timeframe... :P

Congratulations to everyone who managed to submit, because, damn.

Heh, that's what happens if you're trying to customize the look and gameplay of your game. :P

That's why my entries are usually bad - working on base things (mechanics/graphics), but no time to polish, nor even manage to put much content in, unlike it would be when using just default stuff and focusing on content. x3

But that screenie - looks sooo good! :3

LraXqtS.png

#96 Nirwanda

Nirwanda

Procrastimancer

• Ace Member
  • 211 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

I played everyone's games there were some pretty good entries, I'm actually kind of surprised so many good games were made in such a short span.

I made a little comment on each:

- Gurisha: Aswen pines
Interesting game, it definitely left me curious (and wanting for music XD)
- Drass: Bad brew
Great another cliffhanger ending. I liked the characters and the block pushing puzzles were entertaining BTW, you needed to have the lantern and have given feverfew to armored guy before visiting the cave, otherwise you'll get the message of "I need my lantern" even if you do have it.
- Rikifive: Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position
I love Eric's dialogue and the ending was great, but since fish stopped spawning midway through, at first I believed it to be an unfinished game :P
-Ravenblueindigo: Square & triangle
Great and polished game that was a joy to play. Congrats
-Shinnessten: SUPA AWOSUM ADVENT! ULTRA SPECIAL DELUXE MEGA GIGA MIX HALLOWEEN SUPER SPECIAL EDITION
It has everything one could ever want from a sequel! More plot, more nuanced characters more moral choices and intelligent observations on the nature of man. Thanks for sharing this with us shin. :)

-Tarq: Todestriebe: Congratulations on making almost the same as me... but better :P Pretty fun :)

Edited by Nirwanda, 17 October 2016 - 06:27 PM.

#97 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

Keep in mind that submissions are due today by 11:59PM local time!

#98 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Global Moderators
  • 5,479 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:04 PM

aw balls I forgot, that we had extra time for submission...

Well, instead of toying with the compression and uploading, I'd have ~30 mins of development instead, which would allow me to at least place the fishes properly and figure out how to deal with events, to get rid of that weird transition lol. My brain.exe stopped responding and I've submitted my entry before the game making period ended, 'cause I forgot these two were a different thing.

Oh well, enjoy the mess I guess. xD

@Nirwanda - Yeah, these fishes... That's because I was setting their positions extremely fast and I didn't even have much time to test that and reconfigure their positions...

I've just quickly put random numbers to at least spawn some of them. =P

Spoiler

Actually I wanted to add some things in general, like collecting keys around to be able to process further, more weapons etc. but coding the game requires too much effort and time, so I got rekt by time. (as always anyway...) I should have just use the very default RM's mechanics and just put a silly story lol - I'll try to make a very silly game next time to avoid that mistake.

But yay! At least Eric performed well I guess. xD

So far I've played your and Tarq's game. =P

I've totally rekt all da minigames in your game, Nirwanda. :3 Too bad I couldn't dance, though I managed to get between one of the pairs, so they were dancing weirdly later on. x3

As for Tarq's ~ A simple, yet nice game. These kind of things are what I love to see in these contests. (=

Edited by Rikifive, 18 October 2016 - 07:01 PM.
What a typo x3

LraXqtS.png

#99 Nyuuchan353

Nyuuchan353

Purveyor of Inspiration

• Ace Member
  • 295 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:59 PM

Notice to judges!

Please start wrapping up your sessions and PM me your scores for all submitted games! The deadline for scores is the 28th, 11:59PM local time.

#100 Boring Old Tarq

Boring Old Tarq

Maverick

• Global Moderators
  • 659 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

By the by, if some of the judges could post a few lines here, or pm me, about their experience with the game, any feedback, bugs, that kind of stuff, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users