Photo

Interest check: Indie in a Month?

indie interest check prizes iiaw iiam ~jackus ~seriel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Answer please :P (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Takeo212

Takeo212

Procrastination Expert

• + Sponsor
  • 1456 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • RM Skill - Game Developer

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

I would say that after this, I don't think we need another contest. Atleast nothing such as "make a game in x days/weeks/months". It would be nice to have more variety between the contests to be honest, but I don't disapprove.

I agree, where are the art contests and stuff?
I only remember that one pixel art contest I participated in long ago. It was fun. :P

This I agree with actually.

I haven't drawn for a while, so a contest sounds like a nice change of pace. I'm sure Tsarmina would agree to :P

To be fait though, on a siet like this - since not alot of people are artists (we consist of alot of eventers and scripters for instance), having an art-only contest seems unfair.

Upon saying that;..

- Game Contests = Coders and Eventers

- Art Contests = Pixel Artists and CG Artists

- Music Contest = Composers and Sound Effect Composers

I think that sums up the main grounds.

C'mon peeps, we need more variety! (but oh gosh, that means even more contests... I think we may need a new section entirely at this rate. Mod/Admin approved contest section haha)

#22 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales, UK

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:49 PM

Well part of the reason i'm pumping out IIAWs is to get everone motivated.

Come on, more contests! We've got more than enough people to make it fun, so why not? xD

I have a fairly big prize pool for future contests, if you want to make a contest but lack the prizes, I could probably donate some from my pool.

I can only manage game making contests, let's see some more variety here :P

Need to contact me quickly? You can find me on Discord as Seriel#0757.

#23 philteredkhaos

philteredkhaos

Producing Things and Stuff

• 341 posts
  • LocationMontucky
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

I'd participate. I'm probably one of the few who didn't procrastinate during IIAW5 (possibly :P). A month-long time-frame definitely opens up for ALOT of procrastination (I'm looking at you, Eien. :P), but is good for those who want the challenge of staying focused.

I didn't procrastinate, I just bit off more than I could chew. *face palm*

I would be VERY interested in a month long contest. The 1 week thing was just too short for me. I almost had a nervous breakdown before I said "F it! It's being pushed out in it's current form! (I lost my internet connection and had to upload a day early while I was at the library.) I feel embarrassed by my submission.

My Projects:                                                                                                             Lights_Out_Banner.png "Hey! I'm ignoring you! How about that! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)" -RikiFive

Spoiler

I Support: 

Spoiler

#24 Takeo212

Takeo212

Procrastination Expert

• + Sponsor
  • 1456 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

Well part of the reason i'm pumping out IIAWs is to get everone motivated.

Come on, more contests! We've got more than enough people to make it fun, so why not? xD

I have a fairly big prize pool for future contests, if you want to make a contest but lack the prizes, I could probably donate some from my pool.

I can only manage game making contests, let's see some more variety here :P

I would be all for hosting an art contest, but I think we need more than steam games to distribute to be honest :P

If noone does one in the future, I'll see what I can do.

As for a musical contest for composers. That is definitely not my area of expertise.

I agree though. IiaW is quite a hype when it's coming around, so I 100% support it. It's really nice seeing people take a break from there main games and just having fun and experimenting~

#25 lianderson

lianderson

Advanced Member

• 101 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

I would actually be down with this. I´ve had an interactive story based prologue floating around my around head recently.

Edited by lianderson, 09 October 2016 - 11:40 PM.

#26 Rikifive

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness

• Forum Admins
  • 5692 posts
  • LocationEquestria First Language - Polish           Game Maker & Ace User                                  

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:45 AM

I don't know, maybe?

I mean, I have tons of projects to work on, so starting next and next ones isn't the smartest thing to do for me, especially the bigger ones. :P

I don't mind that though ~ perhaps I'd get an idea and get interested?

I believe I can :fly:.

LraXqtS.png

Want to see SCIENCE in RPG Maker VX Ace? Try these games:

Super Coolstory Bros. | Chain Reaction | Good VS Evil: The Fateful Curse | Frozen Dream | Eric Chronicles - Adventure to The Starting Position

Scripting stuff in VX Ace? Ever wanted to put script calls during playing? Perhaps RK5 Debug Console will help!

#27 Jeanne d'Ys

Jeanne d'Ys

恋人

• 259 posts
  • LocationCafé Rondo, consuming Hagen Dust =======[ Skills ]======= Designing ★★★★☆ Scripting ★☆☆☆☆ Procrastination ★★★★☆ Trigger-Happy ★★★★★ SAN Points left - 40/100 Nature - Quirky Good Difficulty Aim - ATLUS Lite =====[ RPG Maker ]===== Experience - 5 Years Primarily Uses - RMMV
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:16 AM

More variety on contests should be fun, especially since the forum had a tendency to become eerily quiet inn-between contests XD

Take note though, that certain type of contests might need more specialized organizers... We can't just hand everything on JackusSeriel.

EDIT:

Sometimes I forgot about Seriel. I like the new name, though... It sounds so RPG (?)

In a similar vein, I still think Seriel of having a Kirito-like voice while talking, even though the avvy is a girl now.

Not that I complain, just need to get used to it...

Edited by Maki13, 13 October 2016 - 09:19 AM.

1zqwu4w.jpg

When you stare up to the heaven, the heaven stares back at you.

Second Floor, First Impression:

Spoiler

My RPG Class, Subclass, D&D Class and Alignment:

Game Progress:

Instances of Clarity (MV): (Dormant)

Strafe of Spirits: (Dormant)

Terminus Saga: (Dormant)

A "Dedicated to..." Project: Rebuilding...

#28 philteredkhaos

philteredkhaos

Producing Things and Stuff

• 341 posts
  • LocationMontucky
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:32 PM

70% want a month long contest... Are you going to make it happen? I would set it up myself, but I want to be a contestant. :P

My Projects:                                                                                                             Lights_Out_Banner.png "Hey! I'm ignoring you! How about that! (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)" -RikiFive

Spoiler

I Support: 

Spoiler

#29 Seriel

Seriel

Living a lie~

• Forum Admins
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationNorth Wales, UK

Posted 21 October 2016 - 01:00 AM

even though the avvy is a girl now.

;)

Interesting opinions all, I've took note of what you've all said and i'll probably make some kind of month long contest, but it needs a lil bit of planning before I announce it, gotta be unique and fun and exciting and all that jazz.

Need to contact me quickly? You can find me on Discord as Seriel#0757.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indie, interest check, prizes, iiaw, iiam, ~jackus, ~seriel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users