Tarq'o'Lantern

Looking to Establish a Team

12 posts in this topic

Hey RMers,

So, rather than the usual 'help me with my game' recruitment requests I'd like to start a small team within the community. I have no set game in mind; instead, I would like us to initially discuss ideas and then create a portfolio of small games. I think the ideal size for this team would be around six people - anything greater than eight would probably be a logistical nightmare.

I'm not overly concerned about people's current skill sets; We are all continuously improving and I'm confident the selected candidates will be able to compensate for one another's shortcomings. That said, I would prefer to have at least one dedicated artist, scripter and writer - with myself and one other acting as 'floats' to cover the additional workloads in all areas. Again though, the team structure will be flexible and we can design games to accommodate the team members current skills.

As for engine choice; while I'm most comfortable with VXA I would be willing to migrate. I'm also happy to use engines outside of RM. So it comes down to what the majority of interested people prefer to use.

Communication should be a breeze via discord, but we can also use group pms here and people are welcome to contact me via Steam.

In terms of payment - there will be none. This is just an attempt to get some hobbyists working together. If the team holds together and eventually produces something that the majority of members believe to be commercially viable then we will have that discussion. For now though I do not believe it is a concern.

I think I've covered everything here. Ofc, if you have any questions or have an interest send me a pm :)

Crescent and Chaosian like this

I could probably join in with this in some of my free time.

I can make maps fairly well, and I'm told i'm good at general game dev (Whatever that means) although i'm not too good with stories and plots. I can also write fairly reasonable dialogue sometimes, but usually that's only when I get inspired (So rarely) lol!

Edit:

Oh, oh! And if this is Ace then I can script reasonably well. No big battle redesigns, but I can poke and adjust things here and there.

If it's MV though then I can still script, just nowhere near as well. :lol:

Edited by Seriel
Scripting!

I would be interested with helping to write or draw. Um... Yeah. Sorry I don't know what else to say. But I would be willing to have a team.

The only thing I could bring to the table is writing and a bit of programming/eventing, but I'd be interested nonetheless. 

Hi Tarq~!... I think i should start being more active here. SOooo i shall start here. ;)

I am interested to join in a team and learn new things rather than focusing on working alone (though i like to work alone on my game, which is a secret for now,hihi)

If there are any available spot left for an artist, I am willing to help. Though do not expect much as i am not "That" good. ( i mean, i know how to draw but still not that good).Sad to say that I can only work on my free time since real life is a pain in the ass. 

That's all thanks~! :giggle:

Im interested. I can compose, write, draw. If we use gms then I could do some codes too. I can do some ace scripting but I find it hard to learn still.

anyways, best of luck with this. seems legit

o.O This was forever ago and was a bit of a failed experiment. Still, we could always try again.

Only problem I have is my lack of internet so I could only really communicate via this site on my lunchbreak/ when the boss isn't looking (or in a library or coffee shop on the weekends). Still, if that isn't a problem for others I'll set up a group PM later.

Asharonapaul likes this

23 hours ago, Tarq said:

o.O This was forever ago and was a bit of a failed experiment. Still, we could always try again.

Only problem I have is my lack of internet so I could only really communicate via this site on my lunchbreak/ when the boss isn't looking (or in a library or coffee shop on the weekends). Still, if that isn't a problem for others I'll set up a group PM later.

No problem, no need to rush things. ;)

That's fine. I also only work on my free time since I have school coming up in the fall. But like Chadzter01 said, there's no need to rush.

If it's still going on, and we as members also mutually agree that we each have a life outside RPG Maker, then count me in.

I may be busy for weeks since I'm both studying and working part-time, but I like to game dev as a hobby. No fancy skills to display as of yet, but I can do some general work on VX Ace: eventing, mapping, writing plot, dialogue, even some scripting and pixel art (simple edits only). I guess it's the same for many other people, working alone on a project for years teaches a little bit of everything.

I feel now I should be taking it up with a team. I hope we'll work well together!

No, I'm going to close this thread and encourage anyone looking for a team to check out one of the other threads.

I would also strongly advocate that no-one ask to join those teams if they are not 100% committed to such an undertaking, otherwise you are just wasting others' time. Using Cyon's case as an example (sorry to single you out) asking a group of people to work around one person's sporadic schedule, especially with the likelihood that participants will be different timezones, just isn't viable.