Month-long Making! (Contest)
I tried to make a cool title. I TRIED OKAY.
Ready to make something? Let's go!
Heya and welcome back to my crazy run of contests. This one is going to be both wildly different and much more fun (maybe) than anything I've done before, so make sure to read this topic in full!
The basic rundown for this contest is to make something in 1 month. Yes that's right, you can make anything.
This includes but is not limited to:
- A fantastic piece of artwork, or a collection of art pieces.
- A fantastic music track, or an album of tracks.
- An imaginative game showcasing your game developing abilities (Read on for more details)
- A general utility script/program that you have designed.
- Any combination of the above, presented in a logical and concise way (Bonus points if it's all presented nicely basically)
- Anything else you can think of.
Judging for this contest will be faaairrrlllyyy complex, and as with the previous Indie in a Week contest, the judges will be semi-anonymous, and all handpicked by me. If you want to apply for a judge position, I expect a lengthy PM about it
2nd Pace = Pick 2 prizes + Award icon
3rd Place = Pick 1 prize + Award icon
4th Places = Pick 1 prize
5th Place = Pick 1 prize
Prize pool subject to change.
Any and all prize donations are greatly appreciated.
Anyone with an active forum account is eligible to enter. If you don't have one, then feel to make one and sign up!
Keep in mind if you make a new account your first post will have to be approved, so say hi in the Introductions forum first
While i'm not a contestant, I will be making something this month just to get into the spirit of things.
- Purple Phantom
- Naoto Akashosu
Note: If you change your forum display name during the contest, you will still be listed as your original name that you had when you signed up in the contest.
Contest Information made public: 7th November - 6pm GMT
Contest start and signups close: 14th November - 6pm GMT
Contest end and judging starts: 14th December- 6pm GMT
Judging finishes: Around 3 weeks after then game making ends. Depends if the judges submit scores early or not.
Results announcement: A few days after judging finishes, or earlier.
Next contest: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FAQs and Misc Details:
Almost anything goes! You can submit anything at all as your entry as long as it is able to run/be viewed on Windows 7 or above. (Mac/Linux applications will not be accepted).
In addition please do not submit a .psd file. Not everyone owns Photoshop!
Regarding asking for help:
You may ask other people for help with your project, however they cannot do it for you. They can point out errors in your code/image/whatever and give constructive criticism, but they can't make something and have you pass it off as your own. Plagiarism will not be accepted!
Regarding resources used: (IMPORTANT!)
Everything submitted must be your original work owned by you.
With the exception of an engine's RTP/Default Assests (Including premade scripts that COME WITH then engine. Nothing external.), all resources used in your creation must be made by you and within the time limit. With regards to images this doesn't include techniques/brushes/whatever, as long as you don't copy/paste from your old work.
External/freely available resources MAY NOT be used.
- Play to your strengths! If you're a natural gamedev, make a game!. If you're a talented artist, draw something!. If you're a skilled musician, make a track(s)! If you're a programmer/scripter, make a program/script/plugin (Resources can be submitted!)
- This contest was designed to be open to everyone, so don't be afraid to sign up, even if you don't finish on time, you made something you can be proud of!
Please put any and all questions in this topic. It's a fairly new concept so don't be afraid to ask if anything is unclear (I've likely missed something out so please ask)
Sorry if the timing is a bit awkward, it was going to be later but then things happened so here we are.