• Announcements

• RagingHobo

Forum Upgraded!   07/17/2017

We have successfully upgraded our forum to the latest version! Some things have moved around but don't worry everything is still there, we still need to find updated versions of the plugins we were using previously to restore everything to the way it was. There will be a running topic in the Feedback and Support in case you notice something wrong. Before you do so please clear your browser cache and close your browser completely to rule out a caching issue. Thank you for your patience during the outage and while we get everything back to 150%  
Nekotori

Kotori's Mini Cat Contest

33 posts in this topic

Kotori's Mini Cat Contest~

Hi guys and gals,if you stumbled upon my status update, I have a bunch of extra steam keys that I'm planning to give away~

All you have to do is make either a music, sprite, artwork, or anything as long as it's cat related. Of course it should be made by you. You can only work on this solo or with some help (but the prize will just be one for each participant, if you're in a group,you only get one prize if you win)

Okie, here are the prizes: (Steam Keys)

Prizes:
FFXIII Lightning Returns
Goetia
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Legacy of Kain 2
Hitman GO: Definitive Edition
Tomb Raider: Underworld

Prize Distribution:
1st Pick 3 of the list
2nd Pick 2 of the list after the 1st pick
3rd Pick 1 of the list after the 2nd pick

Contest Starts:
The moment I posted this :3

Contest Ends:
1/1/2017 12:00AM Pacific Time

Criteria for judging:
50% cat relation
50% cuteness and creativity

Winners will be announced on 1/5/2017 or aooner depending on the amount of contestants (Judged by yours truly Kotori :3)

Current Participants:
Killozapit
Minerva-nee
ShinNessTen
Zielach
Dimwitti
RavenBlueIndigo
Nirwanda
Tsarmina
Rikifive

Ughhhh, this is so temping to create something... I really wonder what a Neko theme song would sound like x3 It has to have that cat-chy and purr-fect tune to it xD *thought bubble*

I made a neko theme song once actually... Long ago I was working on a Super Mario World hack staring a catgirl (as is the story with almost every project I attempt, it ended up going nowhere mostly because I focused so much of my energy in crazy programing tricks till I got burned out). I ended up using the meow mix theme for the invincibility star, but then I started messing with it to come up with a theme of my own later. It ended up quite different though parts of it uses similar phrases. Hmmm... Too bad I don't have my external hard drive with me on vacation or I might see if I can record a version of it to show off. Maybe I can recreate it? It was really bouncy! Someday I will have to make a better version I guess... Maybe with a bit more swing!

I also made lots of sprites and stuff for the project. I only have a small selection of them I can find:

post-12111-0-53481900-1482648277_thumb.png

I know I have the whole sheet on my external drive at home, though due to how they are cut up into multiple parts it doesn't look as good as these.

Also a face, this one is a complete sheet:

post-12111-0-33782500-1482649343_thumb.png

I did make a RPG Maker VX Ace version too though I think it was just using the built in character creator and minimal editing:

post-12111-0-02731100-1482648620_thumb.png

Hehe, Not sure if showing off old sprites I made for an old project counts for this type of contest though, but just thought I would share my sunny catgirl character anyway. Maybe I will have a better contest entry later though, I love cats!

Edited by KilloZapit
LadyMinerva likes this

@KilloZapit I would love to hear your theme someday :) As for me, it's been a long time I've ever done a song, so let's see what I can create, maybe just for fun for now x3 Many luck to all of anyone that comes xD

Another idea for a cat-based musical theme I had in my head for a bit was to make a song half based on a nightmare I had as a kid, though it is much more Halloween themed then the current season. :3

It may seem like a very silly nightmare now, but it was horrifying in a way. It involved a Halloween party at my house, and me going to the basement for something, but while I was there all noise cut off and the light went out, and wouldn't come back on. I found my way out of the shadowy dark basement silent basement, to find my house was also dark and silent and looked like it had been abandoned for years. No one was there. And just when I started to panic, I looked down on the welcome mat in front of the door (my old house used to have the basement entrance right across form a door outside). It was one of those Halloween welcome mats featuring a black cat and a large orange moon... maybe a bit like this or this, though I think the pose was more like this or maybe this. It was much more generic then those examples I think though. Either way... it started to move and looked at me smugly, waving it's tail and meowed one long mew. Then I woke up.

I sort of had the idea for a song... Maybe one that would start silent and a soft jazzy high hat would subtlety fade in,followed by a soft deep base. A high music box or glassy xylophone sound would be next, along with soft strings that would build. Then the music would stop for a long meow, and start up again, louder, a jazzy tune of sneaking around in the dark, perhaps using similar leitmotifs to the theme I talked about above only in a more minor key, before it started to fade out again just like it faded in. I thought 'Black Cat Welcome Mat' would be a catchy name for such a song too. Sadly I am not much of a musician, despite my dabbling, and probably couldn't pull it off to well.

Part of the problem is I have no idea where I should start where it comes to software. Most of my musical experience is on mod-style trackers, but let's face it that's kind of a dead art and I never was too good at it anyway. :P

Edited by KilloZapit

Ooh, that's not a bad idea x3 I was watching some kitten videos the other day and it really made think of how a musical theme would go when you would see them. I think of something cute and cuddly and how fast kittens would usually move, thinking of a little fast paced, relaxing theme? :3 Either way, I can see where you're going at, I will see what I can do then... hopefully xD

Yayyyy, remember guys to post your official submissions here. ^~^

I'll be enteriiiiing c: I have to admit I didn't think of actual cats at all, I immediately thought of nekos XD  I'll probably have some totally last second clutch submission XD

Hmm.. I'm kinda busy lately, but I've managed to come up with something quickly, so I guess you can count me in! x3

Here's my entry:

osJctJT.png

AWWW SO CUTE! THIS CAT WILL TOTALLY WIN! TEOP5KU.png

aFwMUS5.png

ADORKABLE! MEwOW! TEOP5KU.png

FnXsuab.png

I..... Is Killozapit actually going to do something productive? YAY! I've been waiting a long time to see that. Can't wait. 

@Zielach- Very cute indeed.Nicely done, too. Those totally look like screens from an NES game. 

@Rikifive- I almost want to vote for you just on the silliness alone :)

It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. I'm sure it will be [insert cat pun here].

Very creative contest idea, Kotori (or is it Nekotori now?) Meow! ^o^

Rikifive likes this

Probably not actually. I am on vacation now and I am going to be moving almost as soon as I get home, so I doubt I will have time to do anything.

Welp, I have less then a half hour left and I have done basically nothing else... I found the original raw text file for my catgirl theme, but I don't think I have time to port/remake it in a playable format.

Edited by KilloZapit

Okie contest submission ends right now :3 I will now judge the entries~

Stay tuned to the announcement of the kitty winners

Sadly I didn't have time either :3 Maybe I'll just make it as a gift and post it later on. Good luck to all the other entries, it was really fun and motivating to see the many works here x3

Okie here are the results of the Mini Cat Contest~ Thank you all for participating~ I have asked Nyanpyr, my real life cat for help with the judging xD

1st Place

Tsarmina

zNvJRdj.png

2nd Place

Zielach

gQM0KkH.png

3rd Place

ShinNessTen

Usnq2Zl.gif

Please post the chosen prizes you want on this topic ^_^ Tsarmina will first pick then Zielach, then ShinNessTen~

For those who didn't win, don't worry it's still no the end of the world coz last time I checked my Catpocalypse Schedule, it's still pretty far. :3